V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

I've never installed Fifa to the default folder and never had such issues. It sounds like your OS/User Profile is corrupt, have you had any other system/game issues besides Fifa?
Me neither. I installed it on a specific drive where my games are stored. Honestly i wouldn't use the EA Play app at all and completely uninstall the game fresh and the cloud saves and download it with origin. But it isn't possible now due to a new update.

Me neither. I installed it on a specific drive where my games are stored. Honestly i wouldn't use the EA Play app at all and completely uninstall the game fresh and the cloud saves and download it with origin. But it isn't possible now due to a new update.
Actually, I saved the Origin installer so I have it and just installed it.
I removed the EA App, removed FIFA obviously, went through the registry making sure every instance of both was gone. I know have Origin and FIFA installed. The cloud saves appear to be gone now. I just don't know if I put in the command line arguments the way you do with the EA App. But honestly, I'm not sure which way to go now from here...

It sounds like your OS/User Profile is corrupt, have you had any other system/game issues besides Fifa?
By the way, just did some SSD tests and looked over my Windows install. Everything is fine. Besides I have Origin and the game both installed on a game drive in my desktop. And that drive is fine too. Something else is stopping FMT from running the mod properly on my system. I'm starting to wonder if it's the version if the game that I bought via an EA Play trial. I do have the full game though, so that shouldn't matter.

By the way, just did some SSD tests and looked over my Windows install. Everything is fine. Besides I have Origin and the game both installed on a game drive in my desktop. And that drive is fine too. Something else is stopping FMT from running the mod properly on my system. I'm starting to wonder if it's the version if the game that I bought via an EA Play trial. I do have the full game though, so that shouldn't matter.

What antivirus do you use? It's possible that's causing some issue somewhere.

What antivirus do you use? It's possible that's causing some issue somewhere.
Just the Windows Security Virus and Threat protection.
And all the folders in question are exempt from scans.
I'm done. I can't get the mod to run at all anymore.

Last edited:
Actually, I saved the Origin installer so I have it and just installed it.
I removed the EA App, removed FIFA obviously, went through the registry making sure every instance of both was gone. I know have Origin and FIFA installed. The cloud saves appear to be gone now. I just don't know if I put in the command line arguments the way you do with the EA App. But honestly, I'm not sure which way to go now from here...

I never needed to do command line arguments. The FMT tool seems to recognize some of your folders inside FIFA 23 but doesn't recognize others like the Patch folder. So it doesn't seem to be a antivirus issue but more like issues with permissions. I would install FIFA 23 to a different directory and see if the FMT Editor recognize the patch folder in the log.

I would install FIFA 23 to a different directory and see if the FMT Editor recognize the patch folder in the log.
I just tried that, different drive even. It's almost comical at this point but now I get the splash screen and then the game crashes to the desktop.
I'm using the mod launcher, not the editor. Because Paul's gameplay mod doesn't come in a project file.

Ok, I'm willing to try one more thing if people are willing to keep hearing my annoying story... just to state exactly what I'm doing from the start.
1. Through Origin (or EA App), installing the game.
2. fresh unzip of FMT
3. Run the game once (online, because otherwise Origin or EA App start acting up and asking you to connect)
4. While sitting in the main menu, run the first cache backup operation of FMT. Once ready, I close the game.
5. Add command line arguments (whether in Origin or in EA App)
6. Now I add Paul's mod and "launch". When ready I run the game.

What I am NOW getting is the modded splash screen and the game crashing when it goes to the load settings screen as it boots up.

Last edited:
I just tried that, different drive even. It's almost comical at this point but now I get the splash screen and then the game crashes to the desktop.
I'm using the mod launcher, not the editor. Because Paul's gameplay mod doesn't come in a project file.
It might be crashing because when you reinstalled the game it grabbed the latest Title Update which came out last week and that might not be compatible with the mod.

Ok, I'm willing to try one more thing if people are willing to keep hearing my annoying story... just to state exactly what I'm doing from the start.
1. Through Origin (or EA App), installing the game.
2. fresh unzip of FMT
3. Run the game once (online, because otherwise Origin or EA App start acting up and asking you to connect)
4. While sitting in the main menu, run the first cache backup operation of FMT. Once ready, I close the game.
5. Add command line arguments (whether in Origin or in EA App)
6. Now I add Paul's mod and "launch". When ready I run the game.

What I am NOW getting is the modded splash screen and the game crashing when it goes to the load settings screen as it boots up.
That is good news. The tool is working now. You just have to wait for paul to support the new update. It was an issue with the permission on the directory where you installed it.

That is good news. The tool is working now. You just have to wait for paul to support the new update. It was an issue with the permission on the directory where you installed it.
Ok, but how do I repair that?? Ive never had permission issues like that before. Not with any game, program or mod of any game.

Ok, but how do I repair that?? Ive never had permission issues like that before. Not with any game, program or mod of any game.
You will have to individually do it since something must have explicitly override it for certain directories such as Patch folder. Honestly you can install the game on the same drive, just a different directory. You definitely need administrator perms as the tool likes to chain-link folder.

You will have to individually do it since something must have explicitly override it for certain directories such as Patch folder. Honestly you can install the game on the same drive, just a different directory. You definitely need administrator perms as the tool likes to chain-link folder.
I don't understand these instances with Windows where I AM the administrator but it still needs Administrator privileges cleared.

Ok, I just feel like I need to understand what caused this. I've never had this issue with FIFA before. Or any game.

I remember when I first loaded FIFA on my new PC with windows 11 I had these kind of crashes at splash screen. It was caused by windows defender, I had to deactivate the memory integrity setting (core isolation) to have the game working even without mods.

But yours is running without mods right?

I hope that version with TU6 support will come soon. I tried both vanilla with new Matt10 sliders and couple other mods and it does not compare. What Paul have done is on other level of simulation. Only thing, that I really want to be changed in this mod is shot speed. As I said in my review, shots are already more realistic in v3 than in v2, but there still is scenario with ultra-fast strike and CPU is abusing it in box. I really think, that such speed should be only on power shot(L1+R1 or LB+RB), that Paul didn't touch in v3 by looks of it. But right now I will be happy even for v3 for TU6 because I can't play FIFA without it, like on that Heinz Ice station advertisement

Everybody
Ok, then you couldn't possibly be in a more inadequate and badly chosen place for your question. This is a thread made by a specific user for his mod and for people who use it. And it looks like you've been found on other threads asking the same question, another thing not appreciated on forums.

It might be crashing because when you reinstalled the game it grabbed the latest Title Update which came out last week and that might not be compatible with the mod.
I didn't know there had been an update. But either way, somebody earlier had told me to make sure I was on the latest update. Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom