V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

@paulv2k4 I am having systematic crash to desktop with the last version of the gameplay mod with the last TU. It happens during the first part of the first half during gameplay actions. It happened in all the 4 games I tried (tournement and kick off) with only that mod loaded.

@paulv2k4 I am having systematic crash to desktop with the last version of the gameplay mod with the last TU. It happens during the first part of the first half during gameplay actions. It happened in all the 4 games I tried (tournement and kick off) with only that mod loaded.
Well that's potentially useful feedback for Paul when he checks in to see what people are saying.

Ah is it? I saw it was dated 17th January so assumed it was updated :(
As I said, I don't know, I'm going by what @N0Face said here.

Last edited:
Just a small feedback on the little amount of time I have used the last version of the gameplay mod (3.3) in between crashes.

I like the way players are more involved in defensive duties and defending numbers are spread across the pitch. It feels way less end to end than with the default game. Teammates defenders definitely feels more useful.
I also like how players are more grounded. The overall physic is a great improvement. Ball physics also feels better.
I also like how players are more prone to errors which gives more turn overs and therefore more midfield battles.

Though, I did notice that almost every time the CPU would get the ball in on of the corner of the box, close to the goal kick line, they are trying to dribble and shoot at the first post. It looks like they are not considering any other option in those situations. That's not the case in the default game.

Hi guys.

Sorry but I haven't really had much time for FIFA for about a month or so. So I haven't played much. I started the game a few days ago and found an update. Quickly updated my mod and thought it was enough. As usual with this game, it didn't work.

I actually got some time this morning to play a game or two and look through all my changes to see if something had bugged out. Turns out EA had made big changes to tackling and positioning (again, thats the 4th time since release) and it broke the mod (again).

I reverted what I needed, retweaked tackling so its not an AI cheat, played a few CPUvCPU matches to test and it seems to be working.

Here is the mod file for you to test.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxkpu1z8ipcnnlf/V+Gameplay+Mod+-+v3a5.fbmod/file

Because of the changes EA made, some of the mod have been reverted to vanilla. I am not happy with the pacing of the game in this version but its "playable". So just be aware of that before providing feedback. Thanks.

@papinho81 Thanks for the feedback. In terms of the AI decision making in attack. It is doing that because im forcing the AI to actually use crossing situations and not just pass it into the box to score. If you play CPUvCPU it is REALLY obvious that EA made the AI play the same way as FUT players. So at least this provides a "more realistic" direction to that. Unfortunately FIFA is plagued with stupid decisions by EA regarding the offline game and I cant "fix" them all. About two months ago, I did start a project to go through each AI objective to see what they do. I have done about 20 of them so far and categorized them as useful or garbage. Most of them are garbage.

Hi Paul!
I love your gameplay mods and i have tested many of them. This is just my feedback now on the latest.
It's a bit slow for me, and the AI doesn't tackle at all, and when i tackle even if it's a clean one i get a card and freekick to the cpu every time.
The shooting has a slight delay.

keep up the good work!

Hi Paul!
I love your gameplay mods and i have tested many of them. This is just my feedback now on the latest.
It's a bit slow for me, and the AI doesn't tackle at all, and when i tackle even if it's a clean one i get a card and freekick to the cpu every time.
The shooting has a slight delay.

keep up the good work!
Slow?! The game is way too fast on v3a5. I dont have any issues with AI fouling on FIFA 23. Average 6 fouls per game easily. Sounds like its not working for you. 🤷‍♂️

Slow?! The game is way too fast on v3a5. I dont have any issues with AI fouling on FIFA 23. Average 6 fouls per game easily. Sounds like its not working for you. 🤷‍♂️
Well the mod loads up as it should and it's not the vanilla gameplay. But as i said, for me the AI doesnt tackle and when i do i get cards everytime.
Should the sliders be at default?

I am still on the old update and have no reason to update. Still the best FIFA since FIFA 19 when it comes to enjoyment.
Smart to have completely blocked the game from updating. I wish I had loaded the mod about one week before so I could be where you are. I wish there was a legitimate way to downgrade.

Have you ever feel that after a few hours of playing a game, the AI goes completely crazy with scripting?
Restarting the game does not remove the scripting.
This is gone after launching the game after a certain amount of time.
Can't this be fixed with a mod?

Have you ever feel that after a few hours of playing a game, the AI goes completely crazy with scripting?
Restarting the game does not remove the scripting.
This is gone after launching the game after a certain amount of time.
Can't this be fixed with a mod?
"Scripting doesn't exist" - EA Sports

In all seriousness. "Scripting" is the wrong term. It will always automatically adjust to you, your tactics and they even said as much in the "features" of FIFA 23.

The simple answer is no. "Mods" for Frostbite games are exceptionally shallow compared to other games. So nothing that is hard coded can be modded.

Well the mod loads up as it should and it's not the vanilla gameplay. But as i said, for me the AI doesnt tackle and when i do i get cards everytime.
Should the sliders be at default?
Its on the first post. "All sliders are default"

The simple answer is no. "Mods" for Frostbite games are exceptionally shallow compared to other games. So nothing that is hard coded can be modded.
Is it still true that the mod, even when the game is entirely offline, won't work in the World Cup mode?

Is it still true that the mod, even when the game is entirely offline, won't work in the World Cup mode?
Correct. WC mode always wants to be "online" and download the "Live tuning" update. It also seems to do some hard coded changes in the background.

Back
Top Bottom