V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

You are having the same issues I am. Which is good! So I know we are all having the same experience. Thanks again.
I played a bit more with it today and it does play quite well compared with the default game. The main area that would need improvement is the CPU decision making and dangerousness in the last third. Also I can see why you tweaked pass and shot so much to get a more tempered tempo, but I find really difficult to find how to shoot when in front of the goal. I feel like my controller input doesn't always translate well with what I see on my screen, probably more practice required from my side though. Anyway, it feels like it is on the right track.

Last edited:
If you are happy and it still works, 100% stick with it!
3a5 does work great but the only thing I feel I wish I could change would be that passes seem heavy. Meaning, they don't seem to get as far as they should. Other than that, a bit too much insistence on the part of the CPU to run all the way down the flank and try entering the box from the corner. But it's not terrible.

Anyone have the latest squad file? I wanted the most up to date one for the latest transfers.

3a5 does work great but the only thing I feel I wish I could change would be that passes seem heavy. Meaning, they don't seem to get as far as they should. Other than that, a bit too much insistence on the part of the CPU to run all the way down the flank and try entering the box from the corner. But it's not terrible.

Anyone have the latest squad file? I wanted the most up to date one for the latest transfers.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-23-discussion-thread-pc-version.91428/page-34#post-3921385

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

You are having the same issues I am. Which is good! So I know we are all having the same experience. Thanks again.
I can only add, that I noticed lack of injuries for both sides. And CPU passes to goalkeeper with too much power. Both with headers from cross and with ground passes from my pressing. Legendary CPU even scored own goal with Thiago from 25-30 meters.

Great work on this last version of the gameplay mod Paul. It does really play better than any other FIFA23 version I played since your TU5 gameplay mod.
One thing I particularly liked, is the ability of the CPU team to retains possession. Normally no matter my CPU opponent, I am getting much more of the ball. I conceded possession for the first time with FIFA23 (55% to CPU Juventus). I also liked how much more human the CPU was. Animations are feeling better, still to slidy skaty to my test but huge improvement.

I agree though that the CPU is not crossing enough (at all?). I did also found that the CPU defense was following a bit to deep my players runs instead of stepping up to play the offside line. As a manual player I also found that it was really difficult to apply the right amount of power for my ground passes. I was under hitting them more often than not.
Fuma player here. Had to up the pass power from 50 to 60 to not underhit. Works for me.

Ugh... really hating this. EA forced the EA App on me and I'm back to never seeing the modded splash screen again. What an infuriating mess this is. Just makes me want to give up on my season. Every attempt to load is a waste of 15 minutes of trying things. It just gets old fast.

Ugh... really hating this. EA forced the EA App on me and I'm back to never seeing the modded splash screen again. What an infuriating mess this is. Just makes me want to give up on my season. Every attempt to load is a waste of 15 minutes of trying things. It just gets old fast.
This may not fill you with confidence but there are occassions that the splashscreen doesnt apply. Good ol' Frostbite / FIFA with its funky Guid's again. I think I may switch to a "legacy file" to put people minds as ease instead. If you have any other mod (like a kit mod) then try and use that as your test instead.

This may not fill you with confidence but there are occassions that the splashscreen doesnt apply. Good ol' Frostbite / FIFA with its funky Guid's again. I think I may switch to a "legacy file" to put people minds as ease instead. If you have any other mod (like a kit mod) then try and use that as your test instead.
Oh... ok...
Honestly, thank you anyway Paul, that's useful to know.
Maybe if I get myself some graphic mod somewhere that's easy to see. The only other mod I have is a season specific mod that can't really be seen directly.

I also switched to the EA app, however, so far, I've only had benefits. The latest FMT release loads Paul's mod and loads all native .fifamod mods

I also switched to the EA app, however, so far, I've only had benefits. The latest FMT release loads Paul's mod and loads all native .fifamod mods
Ok, thanks for the input. Anyone have a simple graphic mod I could test out? I have a TV network mod but it's from FIFA21 so not very helpful to me and the other ones I find are for that other modding tool.

Ok, thanks for the input. Anyone have a simple graphic mod I could test out? I have a TV network mod but it's from FIFA21 so not very helpful to me and the other ones I find are for that other modding tool.
They will work fine even if they are made for FMM. I used Pauls gameplay mod fine with a TV logo mod together along with some other mods as well - I think it was a BT Sport one in .fifamod format using the latest FMT release.

Switching to EA Desktop App, using the latest FMT, managing the mod path via steam and using v5 works for me. 🥳 v8 had crashes.

Last edited:
Switching to EA Desktop App, using the latest FMT, managing the mod patch via steam and using v5 works for me. 🥳 v8 had crashes.
I can't even get the mods to load at all though.
I updated the game so I could try the newer mod and newer launcher.

If it says "Wednesday, 23.November 2022" in your FIFA23.exe Properties - digital time stamp<<< than you are still on TU 5. I am still on TU 5, and that´s the digital time stamp from my FIFA exe.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, the way to find out your version is in the installerdata.xml file:
FIFA 23\__Installer\installerdata.xml

Example:
Code:
<gameVersion version="1.0.79.28217" />

TITLE UPDATE 5 - 1.0.7+
TITLE UPDATE 6 - 1.0.8+
TITLE UPDATE 6.1 - 1.0.9+
TITLE UPDATE 7 - 1.10+

Please correct me if I'm wrong, the way to find out your version is in the installerdata.xml file:
FIFA 23\__Installer\installerdata.xml

Example:
Code:
<gameVersion version="1.0.79.28217" />

TITLE UPDATE 5 - 1.0.7+
TITLE UPDATE 6 - 1.0.8+
TITLE UPDATE 6.1 - 1.0.9+
TITLE UPDATE 7 - 1.10+
Another way yeah. I know to check it by looking for the digital timestamp in Properties. But your provided way is shorter and safer. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
damn. ok no problem. sounds to me you have a big issue with EA Desktop then. no idea what that could be.
The other problem is I have nothing to test against to see if anything is loading or not. Some other mod or something that definitively tells me things are loading. Nothing says "loading failed" or anything.
It's driving me bonkers, there's not that many variables here, I can't be doing anything 'wrong'. The game installs the way the game installs, the fbmods are what they are and once you've got FMT extracted and started up properly this should all just run in an extremeley straight forward way.

Back
Top Bottom