V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

Could be related to folder permissions again.
It wasn't related to that the first time, though.
The thing is, this is clearly something having to do with the installation of the game or the EA App on my computer. Nothing else I have installed causes me any kind of permission or antivirus problems. And I have lots of small applications and programs on my computer as well as more commercial software. Paul's program isn't going to be the problem because it's too straightforward. The mods aren't an issue either because several of you run them. Hell, even I was running it fine a week ago on Origin until EA forced me to install the freaking "EA App". So the game, or the App are doing something weird. Perhaps as someone mentioned I should try yet again installing to another folder.

Last edited:
It wasn't related to that the first time, though.
The thing is, this is clearly something having to do with the installation of the game or the EA App on my computer. Nothing else I have installed causes me any kind of permission or antivirus problems. And I have lots of small applications and programs on my computer as well as more commercial software. Paul's program isn't going to be the problem because it's too straightforward. The mods aren't an issue either because several of you run them. Hell, even I was running it fine a week ago on Origin until EA forced me to install the freaking "EA App". So the game, or the App are doing something weird. Perhaps as someone mentioned I should try yet again installing to another folder.

Yeah it's definitely an EA App/Origin issue.

My mates are over and we are enjoying local multi like in the old days. It’s happening. 😍🥳 pizza and all… 😂💪

thanks once more Paul!!

@tinpanalley i want you to enjoy it to. Next week we gonna talk!!
I really miss those old times playing league tournaments with buddy´s in my street. Glad to know it´s still possible even with "advanced age" for all of us. :D

Report, in case it's of any use to anyone...
It would appear you can "refresh" so to speak any fragmented installs of FIFA by -- as @Topaz had once suggested to me -- reinstalling to a new folder name. I don't know why that is, but it would suggest that some form of cookie crumbs are left by a FIFA install on a system that is tied to the installation folder. I scoured the registry and hadn't seen anything left at all from my last install so I don't know where this folder specific data could possibly remain but for some reason when I reinstalled to a different name, the tool and mods worked the first time. That does bring about the possibility that repeated reinstalls make you run out names for the install to the point that you end up installing to "Feefuh 20+3" or some other ridiculous variant to not use the same problematic name anymore but there is at least provable logic to the idea that a new install folder refreshes problems.

There you have it for whatever that's worth.

Report, in case it's of any use to anyone...
It would appear you can "refresh" so to speak any fragmented installs of FIFA by -- as @Topaz had once suggested to me -- reinstalling to a new folder name. I don't know why that is, but it would suggest that some form of cookie crumbs are left by a FIFA install on a system that is tied to the installation folder. I scoured the registry and hadn't seen anything left at all from my last install so I don't know where this folder specific data could possibly remain but for some reason when I reinstalled to a different name, the tool and mods worked the first time. That does bring about the possibility that repeated reinstalls make you run out names for the install to the point that you end up installing to "Feefuh 20+3" or some other ridiculous variant to not use the same problematic name anymore but there is at least provable logic to the idea that a new install folder refreshes problems.

There you have it for whatever that's worth.
Thats great news. Enjoy :)

Likely because both FMT and FMM require you to find your install. FMT just auto selects from Registry. Registry is a garbage tip and is such an old system and I am surprised Microsoft still use it but its a good way to find installs quickly without user intervention. If the EA Apps are not properly handling this side of things then its on them to sort out really.

Possible to load a gameplay mod with the mod manager?Fbmod File

i want to use Esim (Mod manager) with one of you GP mods

Last edited:
I've updated the early test gameplay to 0.4. Some features may be broken and this was a very quick compile :)
could you please update this version to work with latest game version? V Gameplay Mod - v0.13 this was my favourite :)

Last edited:
V Gameplay Mod - v2 is the best representation of FIFA 23 and representation of FIFA since FIFA 17. This will be a controversial take but if you can ignore the animation(which this version fixes a lot of), this gameplay mod has everything. It works flawlessly in TU5 and if you guys want, I can figure out how to share my FIFA 23 folder with TU5. But in general, anytime FIFA updates, BACK UP your current FIFA! Each update makes the game worse!

if you guys want, I can figure out how to share my FIFA 23 folder with TU5
I personally would love that but I still don't get how to tell which version I have. My installerdata says gameVersion version="1.0.79.28217". But that can't be TU5 because I just reinstalled a few days ago and it would have given me the current TU.

I personally would love that but I still don't get how to tell which version I have. My installerdata says gameVersion version="1.0.79.28217". But that can't be TU5 because I just reinstalled a few days ago and it would have given me the current TU.
I believe it's the product version on the FIFA23.exe. Mine looks like this

1677015959092.png

Hey paul, I remember back in Fifa 21 you had a gameplay mod, I think version 5 that let us pick user vs cpu, or cpu vs cpu (or player career). I remember that user vs cpu was much better for me and felt harder and more fun, what were the differences between those two?

Hey paul, I remember back in Fifa 21 you had a gameplay mod, I think version 5 that let us pick user vs cpu, or cpu vs cpu (or player career). I remember that user vs cpu was much better for me and felt harder and more fun, what were the differences between those two?
It was the same version but with increased defender positioning and marking (for user and ai). On top of that it had a higher difficulty setting. These nerfs for CPU v CPU aren't needed in FIFA 23 because the AI can actually create chances!

Hey,

which one of the GP Mods have crossing from CPU?
I tried V Gameplay Mod - v3a11 and V Gameplay Mod - v3a13 and CPU NEVER do a cross from the outside into the box, they always try to dribble into the penalty area and pass it into the penalty point or shoot from the side

So... here's something weird now.
I haven't allowed the game to update. So today I go ro play and the EA App refuses to launch unless I let it update. So I do, after all it's not updating the game. Then I try to launch the game, and all sorts of freezing, crashing, not loading... I uninstall and reinstall the Anticheat (and by the way can I say how freaking stupid it is how badly designed and buggy the EA App is?), and then ;aunch the game and no mods. So I force reinstall the mods and still no mods. So now I'm back to no mods again. Anyone have anything similar happen?

So... here's something weird now.
I haven't allowed the game to update. So today I go ro play and the EA App refuses to launch unless I let it update. So I do, after all it's not updating the game. Then I try to launch the game, and all sorts of freezing, crashing, not loading... I uninstall and reinstall the Anticheat (and by the way can I say how freaking stupid it is how badly designed and buggy the EA App is?), and then ;aunch the game and no mods. So I force reinstall the mods and still no mods. So now I'm back to no mods again. Anyone have anything similar happen?
All I can add to this is how it’s running for me:
since my last comment, when fully updated fifa with ea app and v5 and fmt 20.xx was perfectly fine running, I updated fifa in steam this or last week (so it’s up to date). I started FMT as ever and the rebuild begun. I then I was playing like I was the latest weeks.
fifa itself is still blocked from connecting to the internet, so in-game I get the “not able to update” message. All good here.
i hope you get it working, mate! 💪

Hi all,

Happy League Cup Final day to you that care about that cup :)

I am pleased to announce that Gameplay Mod Version 3 is complete and has been uploaded. I am really happy about where this mod is. I am really enjoying the game right now.

I am also releasing the Career Mod Version 1 . I highly recommend upgrading to get back some of the features lost a few months ago, most notably form and fitness changes. You will notice a difference between teams/players in form and out of form (top v bottom).

I played on Title Update 8 today without any issues for 5 matches straight and my friends (and old members of my discord) use the mods continuously. If you are not seeing Gameplay features (like crosses) or things are not working, it is 100% your end.

Have a good day.

Paul

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that Gameplay Mod Version 3 is complete and has been uploaded. I am really happy about where this mod is. I am really enjoying the game right now.

I am also releasing the Career Mod Version 1 . I highly recommend upgrading to get back some of the features lost a few months ago, most notably form and fitness changes. You will notice a difference between teams/players in form and out of form (top v bottom).

I played on Title Update 8 today without any issues for 5 matches straight and my friends (and old members of my discord) use the mods continuously. If you are not seeing Gameplay features (like crosses) or things are not working, it is 100% your end.

Have a good day.

Paul
Sorry for the off-topic question (maybe?), can I convert these fbmods to FIFA 22 using your new feature in FMT? I sent a DM to you asking this doubt few days ago though. But it seems you didn't see it.

Hi all,

Have a good day.

Paul
😍 Thanks so much Paul! 💪

will install shortly! 🥳

Thanks Paul.
Still the FMT tool up to date?
Is there any special instructions to update it? Like have game run on main menu and open and update tool sdk at the same time?

Last edited:
Sorry for the off-topic question (maybe?), can I convert these fbmods to FIFA 22 using your new feature in FMT? I sent a DM to you asking this doubt few days ago though. But it seems you didn't see it.
Not yet no. There will always be a problem where it wont be 100% compatible too and likely crash. Multiple game compatibility will require a new compiled file format and launch method, as every game is different. Right now im focusing on just project agnostic stuff. So i quickly shift between games and release more easily.

Thanks Paul.
Still the FMT tool up to date?
Is there any special instructions to update it? Like have game run on main menu and open and update tool sdk at the same time?
Just launch like normal. Cache will rebuild. SDKs only need regenerating if there is a major change.

Hi Paul. Thanks for GP mod v3 final. I appreciate all your efforts for the community

I play World Class, 5 min halves, Default Pace, FUMA for everything (except Cross Assistance to Semi), Kick off mode
I played 10 matches with various 5, 3.5 and 2.5 star teams (with or against).

Here is my personal opinion about it:

Plus side:
- CPU crosses and shoots from out the box a LOT more than vanilla gameplay (also more than you can achieve with sliders and I have tried a lot of people - combinations as well as my personal experimentation)
- More variety with CPU attacks
- User defenders (and CPU) cover defense much better than vanilla
- General pace is nice
- No bugs or weird behavior

Not plus:
- I personally feel player movement, sprint and general reaction still needs a bit of reduction, still too frantic on the ball or off the ball, user or CPU (more prominent in Women teams)
- Passes are too fast
- Passes and shots are too accurate still
- First touch needs more reduction
- Headers are overpowered and unrealistic (vanilla issues), especially from goal kicks toward the center players
- Gameplay is still too end to end than a realistic football match, I think this is due to teams are scattered all over the pitch, giving the CPU easier choices for long balls directly toward attackers or spamming fast through balls to score fast goals, something sliders can mitigate to a point with higher defense line and shorter team length)

Overall it is fun to play with. And definitely a keeper for me.

Back
Top Bottom