V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

how do you use local INI ?
The locale.ini has a set of general instructions one can essentially turn on or off or set specific values to. It can't control EVERYthing in the AI but it can do a fair bit. So you would just back up the default one and put Paul's in its place. That's all. Nothing to view like the splash screen, if it's in the Data folder it's being run no matter what.

I remember now, we used to do it in the old versions too. Is Paul's local file only fbproject? Do I have to put it in the data folder in the root folder?
Thanks tinpannalley

I remember now, we used to do it in the old versions too. Is Paul's local file only fbproject? Do I have to put it in the data folder in the root folder?
Thanks tinpannalley
Not sure... I thought he released his locale file but I'm seeing that there's a project file instead. Not sure how you'd use that. I'm sure he'll let us know.

Last edited:
Guys, can you confirm me this works on TU8? Also, does anyone has some gameplay video? It'd be nice to give it a look in order to see how the game plays.

Guys, can you confirm me this works on TU8? Also, does anyone has some gameplay video? It'd be nice to give it a look in order to see how the game plays.
Paul's GP mod is updated to work with latest game update (v3 final). You have to use FMT for it to work. Video is not a good way to see how game plays you have to try it for yourself. A lot if variables and aspects are felt rather than (and not only) seen. I myself and many people like how he tweaked the gameplay.

Paul's GP mod is updated to work with latest game update (v3 final). You have to use FMT for it to work. Video is not a good way to see how game plays you have to try it for yourself. A lot if variables and aspects are felt rather than (and not only) seen. I myself and many people like how he tweaked the gameplay.
Yeah, obviously playing it is the best way, but by looking at it you can make an idea of what's os chances already.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm asking a super obvious question, @Paul-v but for the locale only mod do you just create a mod from that project file?
Yes.

Essentially all mods should do this for you, even if you were having problems with ModData compilation. So even if you used a new version of the mod, you'd always get the locale.ini part.

I've also updated FMT today. I discovered what was happening to you in FIFA 23 would happen to me with testing FIFA 22. Really odd behavior to say the least. So I put back some old code I know 100% works for detection what should be changed.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/fmt-frostbite-modding-tool-open-source.92227/post-3929565

https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-66

Hands down for the best FIFA mod and Football experience I've ever tried. Is not without it's flaws, indeed, mostly positioning of the players, yet I think is something FIFA related that would take quite much test and trial and error to change, but besides that, it is an OUTSANDING football experience. The passes, the touch of the ball, how the players feel in term of speed, defending...

In general, this is a mod that looks quite a lot for realism. While I feel that the game is still missing a bit those moments of transition, where more slow paced football is played, it has it more than any other game I've tried, and you, as a human, can create it much more than what you'd expect in a FIFA game, which is a great plus for the game. I will make a list of the few things that could be improved, since there aren't many of those.

- Defending is a bit difficult, guess that by the nature of the game, but is still way easier than vanilla. Defenders RUN BACK TO COVER POSITIONS, which is a problem I was having with my mod, and do actually make an effort to avoid enemy players to have free shots. Still though, is quite dangerous to have the ball near your area and you can feel the thrill of having it close. I would, maybe, make defenders reaction a bit better to concede less opportunities, but in general it feels quite good. EDIT: One thing I've noticed is that defenders are maybe too commited in their movement? I'd completely make defenses more reactive, I could dribble up even with my CB like if he was Messi, so I would make defenders to slow down easier, specially when they jockey. Defenders just COMMIT TOO MUCH INTO THEIR MOVEMENT, way more than dribblers, and that shouldn't be that way, you should be able to recover much easier from your mistakes in defense. Maybe dribbling should be a bit less nervous aswell, like a bit slower, specially with less gifted players, in order to make the game a bit more pass leaned, and making more difficult to dribble out of certain situations. Sometimes you can simply take the advantage over the defender taking his bad foot too easily, and that takes away a bit of fun from the game. Also, I'd make CPU more leaned towards marking you close and following you, and less leaned to tackle you when they don't have a clear possibility of taking the ball away from you. Sometimes they concede yellow cards too easily.
- The power bar fills up a bit slow, I had to ramp it up in the sliders to 65 (now 60) or it would take ages to give strength to a pass, other than that, the feeling of the passes is just PERFECT.
- Positioning of the players, is maybe a bit off. When I try to make combination football, a lot of times it takes more time than it should to create a new passing lane, and passing between enemies defensive lanes when the enemies have their midfielders intercepting passes rather than marking to the man, is too difficult imo. I feel that my midfielders should be in constant movement much more, trying to create new passing lanes constantly. This could be maybe done by making the update frequency of the positioning much more constant. So if they are constantly reading where they are needed, and constantly thinking, maybe they would move much better and create more passing lanes. EDIT: Positioning of the players is, almost for sure, being fucked up by the vanilla system of runs, that will make, for example, run your CB into enemy area when you're still in creation zone. Just... FIFA bullshit.

I don't have much more to say, for the rest, I'd say that the game is almost perfect. You can play up to 20 minutes per part and have a great, refreshing experience of football. Hands down for a great mod.

Last edited:
You can play up to 20 minutes per part and have a great, refreshing experience of football.
With FIFA not offering the possibility of the slower non-action moments you were talking about, I don't get how people can play 20 minute halves even with Paul's mod that significantly breaks down the arcade action. If I played 20 minute halves, or even 15 minute halves, each team would have 8-10 goals easily.

With FIFA not offering the possibility of the slower non-action moments you were talking about, I don't get how people can play 20 minute halves even with Paul's mod that significantly breaks down the arcade action. If I played 20 minute halves, or even 15 minute halves, each team would have 8-10 goals easily.
Tbh, I feel quite difficult to score in the game, and most of times low tier teams will end 2-1 or so. But I guess that could change with bigger teams.

However this could be partially solved with defensive tweaks, making defenders more reactive and being able to react better when they have to make a direction change.

Yeah, the problem is that the past 3 or 4 years of FIFA have proven that if you take the game apart -- and @Paul-v has done that more than pretty much anybody, there simply aren't the variables there to play with to infinitely make the game do whatever you want to whatever degree you want. Or in some cases, the game is so hard coded to only be one thing, that the moment you bend one of its walls to get around a certain problem in invariably breaks something else. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just wanting people to understand that you can't just 'make FIFA do what you want'. It gets very complicated.

The best way I can describe it is... imagine you have a very arcade game like Mario Kart and you want to turn it into just a decent city driving game with real cars. And you can change artwork into real cars, you can change tracks into real city streets with lighting and everything, you can change maybe even the turning mechanism so that cars have more weight and inertia when they turn, but no matter what you do, the acceleration and slowing down of the cars is not changeable and always behaves like a cartoon. Or worse, whenever you do make the cars accelerate more realistically, it ruins the turning mechanism and the cars all instantly feel again like they weigh only 5 pounds. The game is a cartoon and it will never stop being a cartoon. And the more you force it in another direction the more you potentially break it. And then you have the annoyance of the people who insist on not following instructions when they install the mod and you spend time troubleshooting for free. Exhausting...

That is the scenario FIFA has created for the past several years, of course I'm grossly simplifying to make the point. So, you say, "making defenders more reactive" and what I know is that that isn't a simple fix as it sounds. Everything is a series of valves. You play with one, it moves another one and sometimes breaks the other one entirely. And you have to start again. And that part gets old for any modder. You'll notice mods used to come out rather quickly 6 or more years ago. Now, they take months. It isn't because people like Paul want to keep playing with it forever because they have nothing better to do with their lives, it's because these games have become almost impossible to reverse engineer.

Anyway, just some thoughts about why things we'd like to see done aren't always possible.
Why I have that feeling that you try to tell us that nobody "can" enjoy the game in it´s current state? I often read here in the thread your statements about the game itself and also that you don´t get it running or not running well. That @Hels The Ronin posted his gameplay experience and he said he is enjoying the game in it´s current state. He write a lot and detailed what he like and what not. That´s his personal opinion. I know him from his PES 2021 gameplay reports in related threads and I also know he have his own gameplay thread related to gameplay. He is a long time member and have experience with Gameplay. So I guess he knows when he write about a gameplay by his his personal impressions. I know it´s not easy to like both footy games but both have his up and downs.

My own experience is also that I know the game have his downsides that even @Paul-v can´t fix. But all the modders here and on other places out there trying as always to improve the game for us. Related to Gameplay, Graphics, etc.
But yeah they can do that in a limited way because like you said especially the Gameplay is hardcoded in the game exe.
But all those truth can´t take my joy to play the game thanks to improvements from Paul, Endo a.e for the Turf, all the Face modders, the Career mode modders, the Patch modders and so on! Because me and many others which I know "can" enjoy the game like it is.

It´s really sad that for you the issues which I read from your statements are present for you. But please don´t try to make the game worther as it is especially with the gameplay topic. YOu wrote to €hels the ronin you "don´t get it" that Players can actually enjoy the game because of this and that.
But like I mentioned just let him and me play the game and when we can enjoy the game and don´t try to tell that it´s not really possible.

Also @PRO_TOO offers you a live support session via Online to go through with you every single step to make the game running on your side. I would accept that great support offer when it would me help the mod running 100%. So why not just trying that?

I know you from Soccergaming Forum times previously. I remember your posts at times from FIFA 18 and FIFA 19 especially in Fidel Gameplay´s thread. There was a similar Topic where the game doesn´t run or some mods didn´t run well for you. So really it´s a not perfect state for you with your FIFA 23 issues personally. But it´s important that other members who can play the game and make important feedback reports here in the thread.

There is just a new mod in the making from @Anth James who improves the game visually a lot, because he created a new reshade for the game. Yeah the gameplay is like it is, but the combination of other related game improvements like a good graphic mod, or enhanced career mod or Even a great Patch actually in the making called EEP 23 from a top modder on discord make the game at least for me enjoyable with those combinations from every side. The gameplay we all aware is the most important of an footy game. Because you feel and see it always on your Controller. But it is like it is, EA don´t care of us SIngleplayer Career mode Players since many years and me and everybody I guess didn´t have much hope they change that when the game called EA FC this years autumn. But I can really imagine that I buy the game again because of my love to footy games. And the hope modders like Paul, Endo, Slim on discord and all the other modders take care about the new game again and try to make it enjoyable for all of us and for themselve too.

Don´t take my statement here not as a offens towards you, I just make an statement that we can enjoy the game personally and if People wanna report that in the thread here just let them if they feel so.
That´s it.

Yo, yo, bros... I never said that playing FIFA is gonna be a total simulator. Essentially because is as much simple as... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BALL ITSELF. The closest thing we have to simulator in videogames, taking your metaphore here, @tinpanalley , is car games simulators, where they have the hardware to simulate exactly the tools you'd be using in the real life, and even though, there are a lot of things that can be exactly simulated. With football is more of the same but even worse because to be a completely accurate simulator, you'd need to be using your feet and playing in a 200 m long room, and guess what. For that sake you go play football in real life.

I am aware that it can be a completely accurate simulator, and that certain things are gonna be either randomized or handled without you being able to have full control of it. Example, when you dribble in short space, obviously, you can select the way you want the player to go, and can use LB and RB modifiers, indeed, but you can't control the exact movement of the feet to avoid enemy tackling. That depends of a lot of factors, and while you might be able to influence a bit on it with joystick movement, in general, is pretty randomized and depends on the player stats.

HOWEVER. That doesn't mean you can't make a realistic game, or kind of a simulator, even if it is not completely accurate. And FIFA has more of a realistic base than you might imagine. It is not a Captain Tsubasa game, to make us understand, or an Inazuma Eleven game, let me tell you, neither a Mario Football/Soccer game. It has realistic base, with arcade tweaking. And the fact that Paul has already changed so many things, might mean that you can actually go further in lane.

@tinpanalley , I won't blame you for this mistake, cause you obviously don't know me, but I ain't any random around. I do modding aswell. Gameplay modding in fact. I ain't as good as @Paul-v , not even close, but rest assured when I tell you that almost every aspect of the game has some lane with values that can be changed. You can't, obviously, change certain logic and arithmetic formulas that calculate the result of something, it's true, cause for that you'd need to own the code of the game, but you can change almost any value taking part in those formulas or ways of calculating the result. Which is quite much a lot.

As a matter of proof...

1678367279788.png
This are all the folders that have gameplay files inside. Well, actually not everyone, cause there are like... 15 more than what are shown in the pic? Obiously not every single folder have a direct impact in the gameplay, for example, gp_haptics makes reference to the haptic vibration of the pad, how and when it happens, and gp_gestures and gp_emotionengine2 make reference to how the players react/feel to actions happening in game, and the expresions they make. For example, in gp_gestures you can find when and how a player will ask for the ball, to make a simple example.

Anyway, to the point, each one of this folders, has, at least, 1 file to change, and most of times, they have 10+ or even more files. Each of those files tend to have easily 30 or 40 lanes of values to change, some more, some less, and some of those lanes are not a single value, but an array of values, or even worse, an arry of 2 values per position, with offsets in and off tangent for each of X and Y positions. Do you realize THE AMMOUNT OF VALUES that can be changed and how much the game feeling can change with so much to change?

I don't even thing you are able to realize the ammount of work that can be done and how easily could be to leave something behind without investigating it, or simply not understanding enough what it does as to change it properly.

Not even Paul, as good as he is, might have investigated everything that can be done about the game, cause it is simply imposible to tweak it all that you can in... how much... 5 or 6 months since release? Even less, because until he was able to make FIFA 23 SDK unencrypted for his app, took a time.

So yeah, trust me when I say that it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to have changed everything that can be changed about the game. Not even if he was some kind of robot that works day and night, could he have got physical time enough as to test every single value and determine what it does. So yeah, it's possible and very probable that the game can be tweaked in multiple ways more than already has been done.

Does this mean it is easy? No. Probably the game has to be looked closely much more, but to start with, I have a couple of ideas of where the things I think that could be changed for the better could be tweaked. Why I don't say it here? Cause I don't want to get more technicall already in posts that have been already too long.

And as in order to solve the problem of the ammount of time and will to carry on... I could work alongside Paul if he ever wanted, but there's a problem, I am working aswell in another project with other people I don't want to leave aside, cause my allegiance is for them first, I compromised for them first. I'd love that we could all work as a single team, Paul, my project companions, and me but... I've been told already by my companions that even when they respect Paul knowledge over FIFA and gameplay tweaking, they've got several problems in the past (they claim because of Paul's temper, but I can't be judge), is quite not much possible. It's in fact a pitty cause I know for good that all together something almost as big as FIFER realism mod but in terms of gameplay, could be made, and in fact I've seen that Paul's tool can open certain files (to be more specific, gp_defense_tackling and gp_positioning_attacking_general) that FET can't, and is quite much a great base to build over it, but... the certain thing is that in big communities like this, always happens incidents between different people that prevent us for making bigger things. Between the motivations can be, but not only... ego issues, monetization issues, teamwork compatibilitie issues... Even sometimes, what simply happens is that the top modder with more knowledge just gets tired, and because his project is not public, nobody carries it forward, and all that knowledge and great base is lost, instead of being carried by the next group of modders. Which could be another solution to the problem, making our projects publics, but... Is not something standarized yet.

I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't give a damn about ego, money, or whatever it is. I just want to make a game I enjoy playing. That's my duty. Videogames, as much as football, basketball, cars, mma, or HEMA, is one of my passions. I am quite of a person that enjoys simply playing something and giving his best and understanding the game, both in videogames, but even more, in real life, and that's why I like simulators. I have quite a passion for videogames, of any type, strategy, sports, FPS, and even while I tend to go more simulator, I like an arcade when it's well done and feel it fits with the thematic. What I do mean with this, and this is my point, is that I don't give a damn for taking credit, or getting money or getting nothing. If I get the product I want, that's more than enough my pay, and in fact is the reason of why I started making GP mods myself, but I am quite perfectionist with what I want. I'd go and work with anybody, bear any kind of shit, grudge, whatever, in order to achieve it. I don't really care. Maybe I won't be modding every day, maybe I will stop for a period of time, but I'll always get back to it, eventually. Missing an opportunity like this to be able to get a step closer to what I strive for, is more aching for me than for anybody in this community but... things are as they are. And I can't change that.

I only hope that someday, all the work we modders do can be shared in common, for someone else to come and continue from it. But for the momment... We've got what we've got. I only hope that one days, we can put our desires and goals ,on top of our ego and personal situations, in order to achieve that perfect gameplay that everyone of us, deep in our hearts, are looking for.

Fingers crossed. 🤞

@Hels The Ronin
just my 2 cents: Most racing sims get the fundamentals right! Most football games don’t! Hardware to control any game is second, imo.
Pauls work here is one of the (if not THE) closest I’ve been to playing what I think is a enjoyable football sim!

Why I have that feeling that you try to tell us that nobody "can" enjoy the game in it´s current state?
Because I think you completely missed the point of what I was saying.
But I suggest we drop it because this kind of interaction only serves to make the forum cloudy and harder to use for people who need help.
So, apologies to @Hels The Ronin and @Byronic for any issues whatsoever my comments may have caused.
I've deleted my post.

@Hels The Ronin
just my 2 cents: Most racing sims get the fundamentals right! Most football games don’t! Hardware to control any game is second, imo.
Pauls work here is one of the (if not THE) closest I’ve been to playing what I think is a enjoyable football sim!
Let me correct you. There are racing sims, because they want to recreate reality as close as possible. They care about the tyres getting used and/or dirty, pitch condition, every single detail, besides the actual physics themselves.

There are not football sims cause most of the people unless they are really hardcore football fans (the less of the traget audience) they don't want to actually play 90 min and have to slow the game a bit down in order they players catch breath. Most of the people who play football games care about doing some crazy skill and an impossible goal, and that's only possible if defenses are dumb as hell and not reactive.

I insist that I've been able to patch some of this things, specially defensive wise, but other's that Paul tackles I don't know how to change them, so working with Paul or his project as a base, would make me learn quite much and allow me to make a much better gameplay, but this again, is something quite difficult for the allegiances I have. Best of cases I could reach certain consensus with him, but I guess he wouldn't be up to it. Best of cases, I could give him my project (which is not only mine and I need to discuss it with my companions) in order he could take some advancements from it.

Again, I don't care about egos and/or personal problems between people, getting a better go is first, but I totally understand others do and are not willing to collaborate ones with the others... I'd only hope to put together the good things of my mod with Paul's good ones, and we would be even closer to something good.

I am not going to read everything said above. I picked up bits and pieces and roughly see what's going on.

Anyway. I am only here out of respect for EvoWeb, @Placebo, @tinpanalley and @Chris Davies . Otherwise I wouldn't be releasing anything.

If you are going to try and stir the pot about allegiances or whatever then I really have no interest. I am way too busy with my real life stuff and other projects to care.

I play FIFA once a week and enjoy myself. Thats all I care about in regards to FIFA.

But I suggest we drop it because this kind of interaction only serves to make the forum cloudy and harder to use for people who need help.
So, apologies to @Hels The Ronin and @Byronic for any issues whatsoever my comments may have caused.
I've deleted my post.
No need for apologies. Just said how it comes over what are you saying. I am ok to leave it. Like I said I can enjoy the Game as it is.

I've deleted my post.
Nah, don't sorry about anything. Different points of view are ok as long as they are civilised. Is just that I think you didn't even imagined how much is to change, and is easy to think that nothing else can be done. In fact in PES is partially like that cause there's not so many things to change. But FIFA has evolved a lot thanks to FET and FMT, and in last instance, the whole Frostbite Tool by Cade and his team.

Is easily to think that not much else can be done, specially if you want to defend Paul's work, which is indeed great. But is not Paul's fault that is not better, is just that the game is so arcade that there's really a lot of things to change and it really takes a lot of time, and may I say... For free. And when you have to feed a family and work, is easy that you get burned out and don't want to dedicate more time to it if it gets to a time where you don't see immediate results.

So essentially the pont is that the fact that Paul doesn't feel like is worth putting more time into it, doesn't mean that you cannot improve the game.

I am not going to read everything said above. I picked up bits and pieces and roughly see what's going on.

Anyway. I am only here out of respect for EvoWeb, @Placebo, @tinpanalley and @Chris Davies . Otherwise I wouldn't be releasing anything.

If you are going to try and stir the pot about allegiances or whatever then I really have no interest. I am way too busy with my real life stuff and other projects to care.

I play FIFA once a week and enjoy myself. Thats all I care about in regards to FIFA.
Essentially the point, man, is that I went asking certain people for help, they gave me. So leaving them now just to help you would be ahmmm... I wouldn't feel good about it. But I do think your mod is the best base outta there and I feel that what is changed in mine is somewhat complementary to what you change in yours, and I feel thaterging them, if done with care, could be an interesting way of improving gameplay.

But at the same time, I'd like to be able to give these people something in return, so it'd be nice to find some way to collaborate somehow. I can start sending to you my mod file and you tell me how you feel about it, and if you feel it might be useful for you or are interested into something we can try to find a way of collaborate somehow, or whatever.

Essentially the point, man, is that I went asking certain people for help, they gave me. So leaving them now just to help you would be ahmmm... I wouldn't feel good about it. But I do think your mod is the best base outta there and I feel that what is changed in mine is somewhat complementary to what you change in yours, and I feel thaterging them, if done with care, could be an interesting way of improving gameplay.

But at the same time, I'd like to be able to give these people something in return, so it'd be nice to find some way to collaborate somehow. I can start sending to you my mod file and you tell me how you feel about it, and if you feel it might be useful for you or are interested into something we can try to find a way of collaborate somehow, or whatever.
I dont have a problem with anyone. No point dragging up old drama for no reason.

My mod is what it is because i like it this way. I release just for fun. I wouldn't have the time for collaboration or helping people out nowadays.

Can we consider this topic dealt with now? Thanks.

Yo, yo, bros... I never said that playing FIFA is gonna be a total simulator. Essentially because is as much simple as... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BALL ITSELF. The closest thing we have to simulator in videogames, taking your metaphore here, @tinpanalley , is car games simulators, where they have the hardware to simulate exactly the tools you'd be using in the real life, and even though, there are a lot of things that can be exactly simulated. With football is more of the same but even worse because to be a completely accurate simulator, you'd need to be using your feet and playing in a 200 m long room, and guess what. For that sake you go play football in real life.

I am aware that it can be a completely accurate simulator, and that certain things are gonna be either randomized or handled without you being able to have full control of it. Example, when you dribble in short space, obviously, you can select the way you want the player to go, and can use LB and RB modifiers, indeed, but you can't control the exact movement of the feet to avoid enemy tackling. That depends of a lot of factors, and while you might be able to influence a bit on it with joystick movement, in general, is pretty randomized and depends on the player stats.

HOWEVER. That doesn't mean you can't make a realistic game, or kind of a simulator, even if it is not completely accurate. And FIFA has more of a realistic base than you might imagine. It is not a Captain Tsubasa game, to make us understand, or an Inazuma Eleven game, let me tell you, neither a Mario Football/Soccer game. It has realistic base, with arcade tweaking. And the fact that Paul has already changed so many things, might mean that you can actually go further in lane.

@tinpanalley , I won't blame you for this mistake, cause you obviously don't know me, but I ain't any random around. I do modding aswell. Gameplay modding in fact. I ain't as good as @Paul-v , not even close, but rest assured when I tell you that almost every aspect of the game has some lane with values that can be changed. You can't, obviously, change certain logic and arithmetic formulas that calculate the result of something, it's true, cause for that you'd need to own the code of the game, but you can change almost any value taking part in those formulas or ways of calculating the result. Which is quite much a lot.

As a matter of proof...

View attachment 206399
This are all the folders that have gameplay files inside. Well, actually not everyone, cause there are like... 15 more than what are shown in the pic? Obiously not every single folder have a direct impact in the gameplay, for example, gp_haptics makes reference to the haptic vibration of the pad, how and when it happens, and gp_gestures and gp_emotionengine2 make reference to how the players react/feel to actions happening in game, and the expresions they make. For example, in gp_gestures you can find when and how a player will ask for the ball, to make a simple example.

Anyway, to the point, each one of this folders, has, at least, 1 file to change, and most of times, they have 10+ or even more files. Each of those files tend to have easily 30 or 40 lanes of values to change, some more, some less, and some of those lanes are not a single value, but an array of values, or even worse, an arry of 2 values per position, with offsets in and off tangent for each of X and Y positions. Do you realize THE AMMOUNT OF VALUES that can be changed and how much the game feeling can change with so much to change?

I don't even thing you are able to realize the ammount of work that can be done and how easily could be to leave something behind without investigating it, or simply not understanding enough what it does as to change it properly.

Not even Paul, as good as he is, might have investigated everything that can be done about the game, cause it is simply imposible to tweak it all that you can in... how much... 5 or 6 months since release? Even less, because until he was able to make FIFA 23 SDK unencrypted for his app, took a time.

So yeah, trust me when I say that it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to have changed everything that can be changed about the game. Not even if he was some kind of robot that works day and night, could he have got physical time enough as to test every single value and determine what it does. So yeah, it's possible and very probable that the game can be tweaked in multiple ways more than already has been done.

Does this mean it is easy? No. Probably the game has to be looked closely much more, but to start with, I have a couple of ideas of where the things I think that could be changed for the better could be tweaked. Why I don't say it here? Cause I don't want to get more technicall already in posts that have been already too long.

And as in order to solve the problem of the ammount of time and will to carry on... I could work alongside Paul if he ever wanted, but there's a problem, I am working aswell in another project with other people I don't want to leave aside, cause my allegiance is for them first, I compromised for them first. I'd love that we could all work as a single team, Paul, my project companions, and me but... I've been told already by my companions that even when they respect Paul knowledge over FIFA and gameplay tweaking, they've got several problems in the past (they claim because of Paul's temper, but I can't be judge), is quite not much possible. It's in fact a pitty cause I know for good that all together something almost as big as FIFER realism mod but in terms of gameplay, could be made, and in fact I've seen that Paul's tool can open certain files (to be more specific, gp_defense_tackling and gp_positioning_attacking_general) that FET can't, and is quite much a great base to build over it, but... the certain thing is that in big communities like this, always happens incidents between different people that prevent us for making bigger things. Between the motivations can be, but not only... ego issues, monetization issues, teamwork compatibilitie issues... Even sometimes, what simply happens is that the top modder with more knowledge just gets tired, and because his project is not public, nobody carries it forward, and all that knowledge and great base is lost, instead of being carried by the next group of modders. Which could be another solution to the problem, making our projects publics, but... Is not something standarized yet.

I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't give a damn about ego, money, or whatever it is. I just want to make a game I enjoy playing. That's my duty. Videogames, as much as football, basketball, cars, mma, or HEMA, is one of my passions. I am quite of a person that enjoys simply playing something and giving his best and understanding the game, both in videogames, but even more, in real life, and that's why I like simulators. I have quite a passion for videogames, of any type, strategy, sports, FPS, and even while I tend to go more simulator, I like an arcade when it's well done and feel it fits with the thematic. What I do mean with this, and this is my point, is that I don't give a damn for taking credit, or getting money or getting nothing. If I get the product I want, that's more than enough my pay, and in fact is the reason of why I started making GP mods myself, but I am quite perfectionist with what I want. I'd go and work with anybody, bear any kind of shit, grudge, whatever, in order to achieve it. I don't really care. Maybe I won't be modding every day, maybe I will stop for a period of time, but I'll always get back to it, eventually. Missing an opportunity like this to be able to get a step closer to what I strive for, is more aching for me than for anybody in this community but... things are as they are. And I can't change that.

I only hope that someday, all the work we modders do can be shared in common, for someone else to come and continue from it. But for the momment... We've got what we've got. I only hope that one days, we can put our desires and goals ,on top of our ego and personal situations, in order to achieve that perfect gameplay that everyone of us, deep in our hearts, are looking for.

Fingers crossed. 🤞
It was easier for me to map those gp files in Cheat Engine for FIFA 22, than it was for me to map the dt18 in PES 21. Once they're in Cheat Engine, you can scan them for which values the game actually reads and save a tonne of time too.

Hello, need assistance here, is there any way I can import EBX? I tried importing folder but that doesn't work and besides I'd like to be able to import'em 1 by 1.

EDIT: I found it but still gives me error trying to import the file.

Hello, need assistance here, is there any way I can import EBX? I tried importing folder but that doesn't work and besides I'd like to be able to import'em 1 by 1.

EDIT: I found it but still gives me error trying to import the file.
Sorry, this should go in the FMT thread, not here, thought I was in the FMT thread actually. Gonna post it there.

Does anyone have the issue where FIFA just refuses to load? EA App is fine, "Play" is grayed out like the game is loaded already, but the game doesn't actually run?

Yeah, is painfull, bit sometimes is the only option. Happened to me the other day, EA anticheat wouldn't launch, so I had to reinstall the whole game.
Actually I can save you some time there... if Anticheat refuses to load (...I can't believe we're actually saying this and that we PAID for this bug-riddled game) all you need to do is go into the FIFA install or the EA folder in your C drive and load the anticheat program, uninstall for FIFA23, reinstall, update and you're set.

Actually I can save you some time there... if Anticheat refuses to load (...I can't believe we're actually saying this and that we PAID for this bug-riddled game) all you need to do is go into the FIFA install or the EA folder in your C drive and load the anticheat program, uninstall for FIFA23, reinstall, update and you're set.
Yes, sadly to say, I paid to fix a broken game. And when I had the problem you said, tried that fix and didn't work. It was like kind of desync between Stem and EA that was fixed by reinstallimg the game itself. Don't try any logic, is EA. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom