World Cup 2022 Qatar

Ronaldo just can't accept he is passed his prime.
He is not the player he once was and needs to accept that this is his last international tournament.

If he decides he is OK with being a bench player then he could end up with a WC winners medal, which is the one last thing he really wants.

In regards to the match Portugal were amazing yesterday and absolutely demolished Switzerland.
Brazil and non-Ronaldo Portugal, are certainly looking like the best two teams at the tournament so far.

Even if they win the WC, Ronaldo will be dissapointed if he doesn't score the winning goal to take his shirt off.

Also, you're forgetting about France.

What are your picks for quarterfinals?
All are going to be great matches.
I'm guessing Netherlands, Brazil, France and Portugal.

As much as I like this Morocco team, Portugal seems so fluid. Jogo bonito stuff.
And I would also like to see Argentina go through just to be pounded by Brazil at the world's biggest stage.

Even if they win the WC, Ronaldo will be dissapointed if he doesn't score the winning goal to take his shirt off.

Also, you're forgetting about France.

What are your picks for quarterfinals?
All are going to be great matches.
I'm guessing Netherlands, Brazil, France and Portugal.

As much as I like this Morocco team, Portugal seems so fluid. Jogo bonito stuff.
And I would also like to see Argentina go through just to be pounded by Brazil at the world's biggest stage.

Ronaldo would be disappointed if he doesn't score the winning goal, but he was pretty chuffed when Portugal won the Euro's and he wasn't really involved in the final.

For the quarter finals you can flick a coin to see who wins TBH, with the hardest game to predict Holland v Argentina.
Holland were average, but then really upped their game against the USA and made the game an easy affair.
Argentina have done what is needed in every game, so Holland will need to be at their best, but I think they will edge it.

The England v France game is also a very difficult game to predict as well, as I have thought it all tournament when England play a decent team they will go out, the defense is just not very good.
England will switch to 5 at the back against France and Kyle Walker will man mark Mbappe, but can Stones and Maquire coup with Giroud and Griezmann?
I would love England to go through, but can't see it happening unless we play the game of our lives.

As for the other two games Brazil and Portugal will walk them, Morocco have done exceptionally well but Spain had absolutely no threat up front.
Croatia are too old now and probably won't lay a glove on Brazil.

The Semi's will be:-
Holland v Brazil
France v Portugal

You can call me a hater or say that this just gonna make him stronger to prove people wrong. But look at Ibra he is not a full time player anymore but he steps in and dominates the game and works in his new role (also carried Manchester Utd when he was 36-38). Ronaldo was able to adapt from a winger role into a CF who can just hold and head the ball when he lost his pace, but it seems like this new transition not something he accepts as a part time player/super sub. I always loved Ronaldo's game, hell every player who plays semi decent but the way he acts considering HE considers himselfs as a role model to young players, its kinda falling on his face when he is 38 and he acts like a moody 17yrs old who cant get his ways. Especially if you blame UTD board, Ten Haag, your team, everyone but you for the circumstances and admiting walking off the pitch is not something you should do....then you do the exact same thing after 3 weeks.

I said he thinks he is bigger than his clubs which might be a true as a brand he is bigger probably than any club at the moment but clubs last longer than a player. Also now the fact he acts like he is bigger than his national team which is most likely eternal is just a huge wtf.

Yeah not true, Ibra came to united 16/17 season age 34, by the end of season 16/17 he busted his knee. He mostly injured during 17/18 and at the end of 17/18 season he moved to LA. It was actually Herrera heavily carried united (16/17) & De Gea (17/18) when he was there. Ibra's new role was actually after his move 2nd time to Milan. I think some of us forget ronaldo at messi's age (35) still banging some goals in Serie A, even got top scorer at age 36. His interview with Prick Morgan was dickmove and he was absolutely wrong for doing that. He rarely criticize a coach in public so i was a bit shocked when the interview came out. I guess man's head wasn't at the right place at that time cause probably still dealing with the death of his newborn son which heavily affect his performance on the pitch.

Ronaldo is embarrasing. The fact that all his team mates wanted to assist him in the last minutes is cringe. And the fact that his team dominated the game and he still walked out dissappointed making it again all about just him is ewww. Its one thing that you a perfectionist, an other thing is that you cant accept that time passed by you and you should be in a completely new role in your club team and national team if you want to stay on the top.

You can call me a hater or say that this just gonna make him stronger to prove people wrong. But look at Ibra he is not a full time player anymore but he steps in and dominates the game and works in his new role (also carried Manchester Utd when he was 36-38). Ronaldo was able to adapt from a winger role into a CF who can just hold and head the ball when he lost his pace, but it seems like this new transition not something he accepts as a part time player/super sub. I always loved Ronaldo's game, hell every player who plays semi decent but the way he acts considering HE considers himselfs as a role model to young players, its kinda falling on his face when he is 38 and he acts like a moody 17yrs old who cant get his ways. Especially if you blame UTD board, Ten Haag, your team, everyone but you for the circumstances and admiting walking off the pitch is not something you should do....then you do the exact same thing after 3 weeks.

I said he thinks he is bigger than his clubs which might be a true as a brand he is bigger probably than any club at the moment but clubs last longer than a player. Also now the fact he acts like he is bigger than his national team which is most likely eternal is just a huge wtf.
Knowing coach Santos a lot, from his spells in Greek top clubs and national team, and as i said in previous Euro or WC, he would any day trade a squad with Ronaldo, with 11 Renato Sanches, meaning that he prefers to be dominant in teams he is coaching, and have 11 workhorses, who are calm minded amd humble, while Ronaldo is the exact opposite of this, he is arrogant, he is stubborn, he plays mostly for his records and not for his team.

Obviously Ronaldo is a size bigger than Portugal and Santos, marketing wise, but his attitude is unacceptable. Remember the EURO 2016 final, last minutes against France, Santos was coaching intensive till the last whistle, and Ronaldo was besides him giving orders.

If it was any other player, Santos would punch him in the face for disrespect, and expel him forever from NT.

But it seems Ronaldo has a whole marketing mechanism behind him, that allows this behaviour of him. I think in the Group Stage, the Portuguese Federation, wanted to make an appeal on a Bruno Fernamdes goal, in order to be registered to Ronaldo, which i found tragic for the Portugal Federation, cause what matters is the team to win, not only Ronaldos personal records and career milestones.

It's also disrespectful for his teammate, Bruno Fernandes.

As Santos said, in ine of his last interviews in Greek League, he has spent most of his career, scrapping 1-0 victories and fighting with sardines against lobsters.

Now is his chance to win the World Cup, and retire in peace, and with the quality of players like Bruno, Joao Felix, Leao, Dias, he can sometimes go over the line of 1-0.

The only thorn this time, is Ronaldo acting like a spoiled kid.

Yeah not true, Ibra came to united 16/17 season age 34, by the end of season 16/17 he busted his knee. He mostly injured during 17/18 and at the end of 17/18 season he moved to LA. It was actually Herrera heavily carried united (16/17) & De Gea (17/18) when he was there. Ibra's new role was actually after his move 2nd time to Milan. I think some of us forget ronaldo at messi's age (35) still banging some goals in Serie A, even got top scorer at age 36. His interview with Prick Morgan was dickmove and he was absolutely wrong for doing that. He rarely criticize a coach in public so i was a bit shocked when the interview came out. I guess man's head wasn't at the right place at that time cause probably still dealing with the death of his newborn son which heavily affect his performance on the pitch.
Juve bought an elder striker spending a money of 4 stadiums on him. Look at the state Juve is in now, complete disaster of management (including signing Ronaldo as a priority). Ibra despite being cocky knows his role in every team, he carried PSG, he carried LAG and he is supporting Milan. Never seen him walking off like a kid not be able to pay with his favourite toy ...at the age of 38.

As for the interview thats not an excuse, having a loss of a loved one is heavy but he did not make that interview coming off the pitch into a field cam out of passion. He planned, scheduled, thinked 5 times through at least and made the interview and let it get posted.

Knowing coach Santos a lot, from his spells in Greek top clubs and national team, and as i said in previous Euro or WC, he would any day trade a squad with Ronaldo, with 11 Renato Sanches, meaning that he prefers to be dominant in teams he is coaching, and have 11 workhorses, who are calm minded amd humble, while Ronaldo is the exact opposite of this, he is arrogant, he is stubborn, he plays mostly for his records and not for his team.

Obviously Ronaldo is a size bigger than Portugal and Santos, marketing wise, but his attitude is unacceptable. Remember the EURO 2016 final, last minutes against France, Santos was coaching intensive till the last whistle, and Ronaldo was besides him giving orders.

If it was any other player, Santos would punch him in the face for disrespect, and expel him forever from NT.

But it seems Ronaldo has a whole marketing mechanism behind him, that allows this behaviour of him. I think in the Group Stage, the Portuguese Federation, wanted to make an appeal on a Bruno Fernamdes goal, in order to be registered to Ronaldo, which i found tragic for the Portugal Federation, cause what matters is the team to win, not only Ronaldos personal records and career milestones.

It's also disrespectful for his teammate, Bruno Fernandes.

As Santos said, in ine of his last interviews in Greek League, he has spent most of his career, scrapping 1-0 victories and fighting with sardines against lobsters.

Now is his chance to win the World Cup, and retire in peace, and with the quality of players like Bruno, Joao Felix, Leao, Dias, he can sometimes go over the line of 1-0.

The only thorn this time, is Ronaldo acting like a spoiled kid.

I dont see this changing for the best in the future to be fair. Ronaldo is already an old guy but the rest of the youngsters could be even worse. Its not only that there are 10 players like this in the World but EVERY promising youngster is a brand or social media brand next to being a football star. 20 years ago this wasnt amplified like this. Hell this even Ronaldo pointed out that the new kids are lazy and think they are bigger than the club and have no respect for the experienced players.

Last edited:
Juve bought an elder striker spending a money of 4 stadiums on him. Look at the state Juve is in now, complete disaster of management (including signing Ronaldo as a priority).

Surely it wasn't ronaldo's fault for coming to juve right ? i mean it's like when i buy expensive stuff then broke afterwards. Should i blame the stuff i buy or is it my own fault ? Why are we talking about juve anyway, lol.

Ibra despite being cocky knows his role in every team, he carried PSG, he carried LAG and he is supporting Milan.

Well you could say the same with ronaldo before all these fiasco right ? Who carried United 07/08, 08/09 ? RM during Barca reign of terror in 2010s ? what about united last season ?

Portugal 2016, yes he didnt play in final but because of injury and im sure portugal didn't just happen appear to final right ?

Never seen him walking off like a kid not be able to pay with his favourite toy ...at the age of 38.

Ibra at 38 in milan, ironic isn't it ?--> https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-italy-mil-bgn-idUKKCN24K07V ,

As for the interview thats not an excuse, having a loss of a loved one is heavy but he did not make that interview coming off the pitch into a field cam out of passion. He planned, scheduled, thinked 5 times through at least and made the interview and let it get posted.

Yeah i can't really speak about it. I don't know any father emotion during their loss of the love one. Especially after burried his own son. Dickmove interview and shouldnt had happened.

new kids are lazy and think they are bigger than the club and have no respect for the experienced players
Kinda like online players - they worry more about hairstyles and tattoos than football (looking at you Pogba)
Curse of todays generation.
Seems like the earlier someone is branded as a star - the sooner it falls.
Altho I have to say there are still some that surprise me. I thought Mbappe is gonna be exactly like that.
But the maturity he has shown during this world cup got him a lot of respect points in my book.

I've always thought Zlatan as immensely charismatic - never thought of him as truly arrogant.

A lot of his statements are tongue in cheek meaning that he is in on the joke. :)

It's almost like he thinks of himself as a video game boss, like Bowser. :LMAO:

I think we need more personalities like this in football nowadays!

1670436863602.png

Last edited:
Altho I have to say there are still some that surprise me. I thought Mbappe is gonna be exactly like that.
But the maturity he has shown during this world cup got him a lot of respect points in my book.
There was something different about Mbappé from the get-go. He always seemed very calm and mature for his age, not entitled or concerned too much about his image. I've always liked him.

There was something different about Mbappé from the get-go. He always seemed very calm and mature for his age, not entitled or concerned too much about his image. I've always liked him.
He was quite selfish at the start.
Plus his celebrations were giving me a lot of doubts when it comes to his attitute.
Quite often I caught myself thinking "wow, what an arrogant cock he is growing to be.."
kylian-mbappé-psg.gif
He is proving me wrong tho.

The guy has no reason to be humble.
He's a world champion and has the world at his feet at 23 years of age.

He has scored 9 world cup goals, and over 250 goals in professional and international level.. that's more than twice of what Ronaldo and Messi had done by that age. Combined.

Pff that's insane

The guy has no reason to be humble.
He's a world champion and has the world at his feet at 23 years of age.

He has scored 9 world cup goals, and over 250 goals in professional and international level.. that's more than twice of what Ronaldo and Messi had done by that age. Combined.

Pff that's insane
Messi and Ronaldo are on the top for 20 years. Key is the consistency. Lets hope Haaland and Mbappe has similar careers and they dont disappear at the age of 26 because of poor professional/private life decisions…or injury. But we often see more wasted potentials than a Ronaldo/Messi career.

Surely it wasn't ronaldo's fault for coming to juve right ? i mean it's like when i buy expensive stuff then broke afterwards. Should i blame the stuff i buy or is it my own fault ? Why are we talking about juve anyway, lol.

Well you could say the same with ronaldo before all these fiasco right ? Who carried United 07/08, 08/09 ? RM during Barca reign of terror in 2010s ? what about united last season ?

Portugal 2016, yes he didnt play in final but because of injury and im sure portugal didn't just happen appear to final right ?

Ibra at 38 in milan, ironic isn't it ?--> https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-italy-mil-bgn-idUKKCN24K07V ,

Yeah i can't really speak about it. I don't know any father emotion during their loss of the love one. Especially after burried his own son. Dickmove interview and shouldnt had happened.
You were talking about Ronaldo being on the top with Juve. But he did not win anything there if im not wrong. Maybe i am. But probably thats the best for him, banging goals for private records. He can do the same in the middle east easily. And to be honest if he wanted to stay on the top he could drop his salary expectations to play for Napoli or other PL teams.

No of course Ronaldo was grear up until leaving Madrid. Until he got old. He is one of my fav players btw.

See? Bastard Ronaldo knew how to hijack the attention even for the two rest days during the WC. Amazing.

The guy has no reason to be humble
There's always a reason to be humble.
Its what drives you to get better.

"Be strong when you are weak,
Be brave when you are scared,
Be humble when you are victorious."

Fail to do so and sooner or later you will most likely fall to your own arrogance.

You were talking about Ronaldo being on the top with Juve. But he did not win anything there if im not wrong. Maybe i am. But probably thats the best for him, banging goals for private records. He can do the same in the middle east easily. And to be honest if he wanted to stay on the top he could drop his salary expectations to play for Napoli or other PL teams.

No of course Ronaldo was grear up until leaving Madrid. Until he got old. He is one of my fav players btw.

See? Bastard Ronaldo knew how to hijack the attention even for the two rest days during the WC. Amazing.

Yeah but i was talking about his achievment in serie A and not about juve being broke, lol. Came age 34 in new league, scored 100 goals then leave, that's impressive.

Wrong, short stint but still manage to get 5 titles including two serie a title and that's the same amount he has for la liga title, crazy how dominant barca was in 2010s.

In alternate universe he finish his contract with united then comeback to sporting so it come full circle, lol.

Back
Top Bottom