Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2010/2011

Too bad you didn't win (man, I jumped of my seat when Perisic scored :LOL:) but it was an outstanding football game.

Rollercoaster ride with exemplary displays of morale by both teams.
I was happy Stuttgart managed to equalize once more in the end, makes the race for the title all the more exciting. ;)

Taxi for Arjen Robben, he did well by not reacting to Subotic though, that was unnecessary.

Deserved win for Dortmund too.

Taxi for Arjen Robben, he did well by not reacting to Subotic though, that was unnecessary.

Deserved win for Dortmund too.

Shaqiri its coming so roben is going to take one taxi on summer ;)

well done BVB great match and that penalty save was simply great !

I dont know ... but Bundesliga is very UNDER rated league... To me its best competitive league in europe by far! Amazing football every weekend.

and Valon...Sure Robben aint taking the taxi for shaqiri...the player not at the level of play of Robben.

Yeah Bundesliga is awesome and yes Robben is one of the very best players in the world.

One of the few who can single handedly change a game even at highest level when in the mood. Only Ronaldo and Messi can really do that other than him.

Shaqiri still has a lot to learn but he's already good and will be even better in future. But yeah definitely no taxi for Robben lol

I agree with you but, yeah, probably Joachim Low trusts Wiese more. When you build a team it is important to have a sense of reliance in your group.

Man, their team is stacked! Favourites in my book to win it all!

Joachim Low names preliminary 27-man squad.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12023/7737764/Germany-confirm-preliminary-squad

Don't know why Wiese is getting selected over Weidenfeller! I don't particularly like either one but if I have to choose a back up to Neuer it would be Roman who's now also won the title back to back years and played a big role in BVB's revival.

Well I guess it was Andy Köpke who said that Weidenfeller not represend the new goalkeeper game of today. Reminds me of Klinsmann/Löw preferring Lehmann over Kahn...

For me Roman is actually more quality than Tim. But I guess Löw will drop Wiese after the European Championship anyway and install Zieler as backup with ter Stegen and Leno battling for the third place.

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2011/2012

seeing that wiese won't get any international football in hoffenheim either, that's most likely going to happen.

Yeah in the long run it won't matter much as I think both will be out of the picture with guys like ter Stegen and Leno coming through and don't count out Rene Adler just yet! A good season in HSV may bring him back to international picture.

But at the MOMENT, I don't see why Weidenfeller isn't #2 and Wiese is getting picked over him. I guess Kopke perhaps doesn't like him or maybe Low and they think he has bad attitude, but Wiese isn't exactly an angel either.

I just think he's coming off winning 2 titles consecutively, he's very confident and he's experienced, he can be a bit of a leader and he's a good goalie, why not have him as #2 for Neuer? Weird but whatver shouldn't matter much at the end of the day as hopefully Manuel won't have injuries or anything.

Dortmund gewinnt den DFB-Pokal!

tumblr_m3xgn48BLH1qks3oao1_1280.jpg

Dortmund owns Germany, Bayern owns Europe! lol

2nd leg of relegation between Dusseldorf and Berlin at the moment. 96th minute, 1 minute to go and Dusseldorf supporters stormed the pitch. Never seen this before...

What happened in Düsseldorf this evening is a total disgrace. I have never seen anything like this before, I really don't know, why such idiots call themselves "fans". Hopefully a heavy punishment will follow this behaviour.

Right now I can see the German fan culture drifting into what we can see every weekend in Italy and this has the potential to harm the image of football here. Visiting a football match shouldn't be connected with fear about your own health and should stay a cultural event to visit with your friends, family and so on. Seeing kids were in this arena, when Bengalos were thrown and so called "adults" behaved like the brainless, radical monkeys is not only dangerous for them, but also shows them wrong ideals.

Hopefully the DFL does something against this aggressive fan groups to avoid further event taking place as we've seen today.

Just get rid of the terraces and the problem is solved. Idiotic German football...

Just get rid of the terraces and the problem is solved. Idiotic German football...

In many, many ways German football is an example for the rest of the world.
English football might learn a thing or two of them: the best league in the world, one of the best national team with a winners mentality and playing very attractive football.

That was a very ignorant post.

Oh come on. I see no agressive Fortuna supporters. I see fans running on the pitch, in the belief the game is over, celebrating promotion.
Not particular clever but far from being agressive.

No matter, what their intentions were, they have absolutely nothing to do there. Thankfully Hertha protested against this result and hopefully they get another match and win it. I was always in favor of Düsseldorf, but situations like that show they aren't ready to compete in the Bundesliga.

Well, you sound like someone seeing his hopes dashed and now needs an armchair decision.
So do Hertha BSC.

Anyway, I guess we will know more later today.

Last edited:

Do be real honest I did not care about the result of this match earlier. With Hertha staying in the Bundesliga our capital would have been part of this league, with Düsseldorf promoting we would have seen a completely new team. So I had no clear favorite to win this and therefore also no "hopes". It just has something to with the behavior of the supporters and therefore a third match played somewhere on a neutral pitch would be the best solution. If Düsseldorf win this I am not angry about it, I just think it was unfair towards Hertha as they still had a chance to score a goal before the match was stopped for 20 minutes.

hertha had 3060(+) minutes in bundesliga + nearly 190 minutes in both matches against düsseldorf to avoid going into 2nd bundesliga. this season was a desaster and they don't deserve to stay in 1. bundesliga at all. by the way this is the most boring captial club through europe.
of course entering the pitch 1 minute(+) too early was not clever. but these were the emotions of supporters that waited 15 years for this moment.
soemthing like this happend several times in german football.
as the supporters of düsseldorf were not aggressive it's still not ok, but not such a big deal like the behaviour of berlin fans immediately after the goal in 60 minute (2:1). this is the real problem. stupid "fans" throwing "bengalos" = torches (?!? - don't know the english word for it) in huge numebers onto the pitch and putting a lot of people into danger.
normally the match should have been quit at this point. this was really a shame. but not to forget even düsseldorf supporters started some "fireworks" but they did not throw it onto the pitch or the seats.

the next issue is the behaviour of the hertha players after the match:
one (rumors say levan kobiashvili) hit the referee and other ones offended him massively. on top there are several other issues that show bad behaviour of hertha players and fans.

hopefully the result will be confirmed today by dfl. there is no need for another match.

so what to expect from the guy that wore the same number as kagawa in the same club and got a pretty big farewell match last weekend?

26da4498c1.jpg

7cb849ccf4.jpg

i have to say i'm excited. there have been a lot of good examples of japanese players in the bundesliga, hope he will be another one on that list (okazaki, kagawa, hasebe, takahara (he was the first so although not the best player of all time kudos to him) etc.)

already speaking german:

YouTube - Hiroshi Kiyotake stellt sich vor

;)

Bayern totally raped Stuttgart which was very unexpected for me. And, Thomas Müller is a very very special player imho. Plays with his mind, makes smart choices almost all the time. But he should f'n get a proper goal celebration asap! Typical German.. :D

P.S. Didn't watch the whole game (only fifteen mins in the second half) but I know that Hannover is a very composed team. A team always need to be taken seriously. They don't have star players but they got what it takes to be a real team. On the other side Wolfsburg looked quite poor, as much as you wouldn't expect from a team of Magath. And, well done to Huszti. Nice assist on the last goal which was the only one I could watch. Didn't know he assisted all of the others as well. Sounds quite an impressive job. :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom