eFootball (All Platforms)

Konami: CL logo was detected

This has always been the case with Tattoos with Licensed properties.

Wrestling Games always had to remove CM Punk's Pepsi Logo on one of his arms and just recently 2k lost a lawsuit against a tattoo artist for using Wrestler tattoos in the game without paying some royalties to the tattoo artist.

So it is understandable why Konami removed the logo to make sure.

The utter state of it 🤣

This guy is an absolute tosser. He's so out of touch he's like a politician. What a nerve to say don't focus on master league. How many years is it now that they've kept shitting on the offline community that put them where they are in the first place? Makes my blood boil. Maybe if they actually gave us some information for a change or told us the truth...

There's definitely a crowd offline. Pretty sure anyway!

for me (on monza stadium at least) there was no crowd. might have to fire it again, maybe it was a one off bug?

kvjk2te.jpg

online it has
LPgtAx7.jpg

it was done decently at least. hope patch makers can extract it into pes 2021 game.

The players for some of the national teams are fake. Also, some of these teams don't have their real kits. I'm playing as the United States in this International Cup Tournament, and the squad is made up of "world class" players such as B.Lyon

bandicam 2022-11-18 01-20-07-527.jpg

Fucking S.Leginska. Who the fuck is this guy? I google Leginska and I come with up with a talented pianist named Ethel Leginska. She's British.

bandicam 2022-11-18 01-19-21-721.jpg

A.Goodwin

bandicam 2022-11-18 01-19-55-341.jpg

Le Bon? LeBron? Again, who the fuck are these guys? Another thing too is they all have similar facial features.

bandicam 2022-11-18 01-18-56-205.jpg

And lets not forget F.Barat on the bench. He should be named BORAT because this is a fucking joke. How do you not have the real names of these players for their national teams? There's no Pulisic, Dest, McKennie, Turner, or Reyna. These players play for European clubs at the top level. One of them plays for Barcelona, who is a sponsored club! Another one plays for the MLS, which is also sponsored!!!!

bandicam 2022-11-18 01-21-20-344.jpg

Last edited:
The players for some of the national teams are fake. Also, some of these teams don't have their real kits. I'm playing as the United States in this International Cup Tournament, and the squad is made up of "world class" players such as B.Lyon

View attachment 188479

Fucking S.Leginska. Who the fuck is this guy? I google Leginska and I come with up with a talented pianist named Ethel Leginska. She's British.

View attachment 188480

A.Goodwin

View attachment 188481

Le Bon? LeBron? Again, who the fuck are these guys? Another thing too is they all have similar facial features.

View attachment 188482

And lets not forget F.Barat on the bench. He should be named BORAT because this is a fucking joke. How do you not have the real names of these players for their national teams? There's no Pulisic, Dest, McKennie, Turner, or Reyna. These players play for European clubs at the top level. One of them plays for Barcelona, who is a sponsored club! Another one plays for the MLS, which is also sponsored!!!!

View attachment 188483
Isn't it the case that Konami never had the US Team licensed?

If I remember it correctly it was the same in older PES titles.

I think even if you have the players in sponsored clubs you still have to get the license for the national team and can't just put them in the national team.

In case anyone missed it, in Dream Team mode, under Events

1. there is an U-2100 (team rating) restricted event now.
2. there is a Weekend Showdown where you have to select a nation and you can only participate with a squad of that nation (you have to buy dutch players only if you select Netherlands for example)

FINALLY.
Just wish there would be a league/ladder mode like this too

Passing is utterly broken still. I pass to the left and it goes to the right. Its unplayable in tight situations.
Also so good they reduced the shooting error. WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR THIS?

They screwed up a lot of player control. I'm playing in this ridiculous international tournament with Argentina and I feel a huge burden in controlling the players, especially in attack, as if they had feet of stone. Even with Messi or Di Maria, the controls feel heavy, sluggish, and at times unnerving. A few days ago I mentioned something similar about Football Life 2023, how the players lack dynamics of movements, feel like they are on the training field, lone, and just roll the ball like that out of boredom.. This is exactly what I liked about eFootball, compared to PES 2021 that somehow it had dynamism and sharpness when it should have, it felt somehow right, but with this update, every touch is slow, sluggish, and casual ... I'm talking mostly about the dribbling.

They screwed up a lot of player control. I'm playing in this ridiculous international tournament with Argentina and I feel a huge burden in controlling the players, especially in attack, as if they had feet of stone. Even with Messi or Di Maria, the controls feel heavy, sluggish, and at times unnerving. A few days ago I mentioned something similar about Football Life 2023, how the players lack dynamics of movements, feel like they are on the training field, lone, and just roll the ball like that out of boredom.. This is exactly what I liked about eFootball, compared to PES 2021 that somehow it had dynamism and sharpness when it should have, it felt somehow right, but with this update, every touch is slow, sluggish, and casual ... I'm talking mostly about the dribbling.
Fffss... I barely finish the tournament.. it's offline and the players feel on rails and painfully unresponsive, Messi feels like Harry Maguire going home after a long night in the bar, why do they f&ck up the game so badly!?
How are you guys playing online now with this mess of the game?

Last edited:
Fffss... I barely finish the tournament.. if offline and the players feel on rails and painfully unresponsive, Messi feels like Harry Maguire going home after a long night in the bar, why do they f&ck up the game so badly!?
How are you guys playing online now with this mess of the game?

I played a few games and controlling luis diaz was pretty good. Really sharp.
What I noticed with messi was that the latest patch cut out many small animations. But I didnt notice anyone like Maguire. . It's weird.

For instance, with sterling and mbappe, they were lightening.

However, this was in friendlies. Perhaps the tournament has the old master league effect...

I've been playing eFootball again thanks to this new update, a few good things here and there... and a few bad things too, a mixed bag.

I immediately got reminded of why I despised the eFootball model in the 1st place, the lack of disks and being able to play older versions, like eFootball 2022 instead of eFootball 2023. I went into Dream Team and half of my players were gone, in this case my attempt at recreating a 2019 Coritiba side I liked quite a lot... why did this happen? Simple, squads were updated and many of the players I had either play in the 3rd Brazilian division now, which isn't in the database, or any of the other leagues Konami doesn't have, or they've retired, either way half of the team I spent my GP to build because I genuinely liked them is gone now because of an update and I can never play with them again because this is how online models work, there is no disk for eFootball 2022 that I can go back to, not that it matters much, it's not like there was much to do there, but there isn't much to do here in the current version either, so it's just a bummer, I just dislike this direction.

My dad and I always liked playing together, so we did that here with the new national teams, which are quite a welcome addition, though it being a limited one feels like a joke, especially because of one major thing... the difficulty settings. We're able to win by 4 goals on Normal quite easily, but on Superstar we often lose by that amount... why are we not allowed to play on Professional/Top Player? They've been my preferred difficulty settings for quite some time, why can't I make a gradual increase towards the highest difficulty settings like in, I don't know... pretty much any other normal and functioning video game? What's with the idea with forcing people to go from the 3rd difficulty setting to the 6th if the other ones are all already built in? You can use them in Dream Team, just not in offline friendlies, I don't get it, what does Konami achieve by this? It's just one of those decision that makes me get why Konami's in their current state now.

After a long time where I didn't bother, I decided to try FUMA on eFootball, which is how I play pretty much everything now, and to me it's gotten more realistic than before, which is nice... but it's also worse. One thing that worked well, perhaps too well, was the high pass, the lob or chip you could do all around the pitch, it was too effective even though it should be slower and harder to control, in a way it was fun because it made PES play a lot like 1970's and 1980's football to me, which I love, where it felt like there was more space, however I admit it wasn't realistic to current standards. Where I think FUMA got objectively worse though... is the player selecting. When I make a pass with FUMA, the CPU needs to interpret who I want this ball to go to, in PES it did that well, I'd say it got things it about 95% of the time or more, here however... it makes bad decisions in passes where it should be obvious, and if often costs me possession and goal chances.

One last thing I'll complain about is, well, the other thing I dislike about this style of video game, this business model... I'm rewarded all of the time for nothing. I get packs, so I open them and then I'm rewarded for opening them and it goes on. I feel like I get rewarded for something minor every 5 seconds and it feels ridiculous, I want gameplay and modes, not a bunch of notifications every 5 seconds telling me I got another useless thing I don't care about. Also, I want a game plan screen with more options to set my team up like we used to have, why they make it so simple and bare? I'm not saying I want something like FM or anything, but I want to have more control over how my team plays, it's crucial to giving the teams you're in charge with an identity of your own, which is crucial for something like ML... oh, yeah, I forgot, it's been over a year and there's still no sign of PES' most popular mode of all time, lovely. Who needs tactics and set up?

At last, one more thing which I can't find excuses for is the looks, I love the player models, their anatomy is much better than the bulky players Konami have given us so often during the PS3/PS4 generations, but the turf textures... the lighting... the entire UI... all of these are things which plenty of modders did better in PES for years, and who Konami themselves have done better in all regards quite recently, with PES 2019 still looking stellar, why can't they get these things right? None of these things are licensed. I also wish we had more camera options, it's 2022 and I still can't customize the camera to look like PS3/XBOX 360's FIFA 08/09 Tele, which to me just looks lovely, it's not the worst thing it the world, but it'd be nice. I do like the gameplay in this version, and I liked the gameplay in a lot of the previous versions... but I desperately need a custom cup mode or something, it's still too empty and it kills all of the momentum they could have.

So one of the main issues with an ever-updating, no separate annual release game has reared it's ugly head.

One of my favourite footballers of all time, Adel Taarabt, is no longer in the game as he's club-less and therefore been removed from my Dream Team. Sad to think that in future years we can't go back to previous versions to play with some of our favourite players unless they are considered legends and put in the game separately.
This is sad as for example FIFA World allowed you to keep "old" FUT cards when the season got updated from 2013/14 to 2014/15 (even of players that were not in the game during the 2014/15 season).
2013/14 player cards were just not present in packs anymore, but were still tradeable and I thought that was the best thing about FIFA World's FUT compared to the regular FIFA one.
I remember clearly that I had two separate non-special cards of Lallana in the club, for example, one from each season.

I don't remember what they did with kits though but it would have been cool if they had done the same.

In case anyone missed it, in Dream Team mode, under Events

1. there is an U-2100 (team rating) restricted event now.
2. there is a Weekend Showdown where you have to select a nation and you can only participate with a squad of that nation (you have to buy dutch players only if you select Netherlands for example)

FINALLY.
Just wish there would be a league/ladder mode like this too
Played that low team ratings comp with my 70-80 rated Japanese squad.
Everybody I played managed to have super teams with at least six 95 rated players & legends lol. Reminded me of the myClubs yrs ago were ppl just filled their bench with the lowest rated players in the game. Konami could never get this right.

On the plus side, this is the 1st time since pes15 were I felt like I can compete with more fun, experimental lower rated squads. Rewarding goals rather than wins helps a little too.
Still doesn't stop the win at all costs tryhards, but when playing realistic footy & scoring creative goals against these guys pays off, it's highly satisfying lol.

image (2)1.jpg

Reminids me of the one time I tried ultimate team; I'm sitting there with my 60 ovr players because I just started and I'm being matched up with 90+ ovr teams. I'd be winning and then they'd quit lol.

Reminids me of the one time I tried ultimate team; I'm sitting there with my 60 ovr players because I just started and I'm being matched up with 90+ ovr teams. I'd be winning and then they'd quit lol.
Happened to me last night. Won 5-4 after being 4-0 down at half time, and watching this prick do show boat tricks & keepie upsies with his keeper and letting the timers run all the way down. I adjusted to the lag delay (was way better in 2nd half), got the lead & did keepie upsies right back. He quit, in a game were rewards are about goals, not winning lol.

I refrained from sending a wee msg, content that he just knew lol

This International cup mode feels cheap. Half the national teams are made up of fake players. It doesn't feel like a tournament that you could emerse yourself in.

When you get to the graphical side of things, the graphics are not inspiring at all. Shadows seem non existent on the pitch.

I'm still waiting for this next gen experience that they mentioned in early 2020. The year is almost over and the game still looks like it in alpha. There's also some lingering issues such as the frame rate. I don't think this game does that well with Nvidia cards.

I played a few games and controlling luis diaz was pretty good. Really sharp.
What I noticed with messi was that the latest patch cut out many small animations. But I didnt notice anyone like Maguire. . It's weird.

For instance, with sterling and mbappe, they were lightening.

However, this was in friendlies. Perhaps the tournament has the old master league effect...
I think I understand why I feel all this. This is all due to the fact that now you are locked into significantly slower and heavier animations that you can't break, unlike previous versions, because of this, every player feels like a tank and on rails, the lack of all small and sharp movements, touches, which is terrible, even when playing offline. They have totally screwed up the acceleration mechanics, players feel awkward and unsure of their feet, and dribbling and running look weird now, after every touch of the ball which is now heavier, you lose acceleration, it feels like someone is pulling you back or holding you for the legs, very strange feeling, see here DiMaria, I don't know if you will see it, but in real time it feels the best :

Something similar with Messi:

First, it's damn hard to show on video, because real-time control sensations are a combination of physical command - pressing buttons on a gamepad + your conscious expectations of what's going to happen, which are based on experience and muscle memory, so it's generally hard to get a real idea of a game's gameplay just by watching the videos.
Maybe not the best examples, but.. do you feel it?
They run and move very casually, as they are alone on the feel and no one is chasing them. This applies to almost every animation now. Especially if you have played the previous versions of the game!
Now the players lose momentum and acceleration after every touch, and you feel a weight... and that is Di Maria and Messi, players with high dribbling skills, but feel awkward.

Now let's compare it to this, I found some old videos on youtube of eFootball, from the old versions of the game, see here:

Is it visible? It's like you have more control, more lightness, and more dynamics.
Or look at those wonderful touches, even the pass looks so good :

All this is gone!

Now! I have a theory of why Konami is doing this, it has to do with the Dream Team mode! Most people probably don't target top players, which means they don't spend enough money on packs, and they have a good time with regular players, as do I, Konami maybe wants to make the game easier and lighter with TOP packs Players, which they release every week. Don't get me wrong, I don't want an easy game, just maybe a fairer one!?
I don't know, it could all be a placebo effect, but I claim to have enough experience to notice all this.

I think I understand why I feel all this. This is all due to the fact that now you are locked into significantly slower and heavier animations that you can't break, unlike previous versions, because of this, every player feels like a tank and on rails, the lack of all small and sharp movements, touches, which is terrible, even when playing offline. They have totally screwed up the acceleration mechanics, players feel awkward and unsure of their feet, and dribbling and running look weird now, after every touch of the ball which is now heavier, you lose acceleration, it feels like someone is pulling you back or holding you for the legs, very strange feeling, see here DiMaria, I don't know if you will see it, but in real time it feels the best :

First, it's damn hard to show on video, because real-time control sensations are a combination of physical command - pressing buttons on a gamepad + your conscious expectations of what's going to happen, which are based on experience and muscle memory, so it's generally hard to get a real idea of a game's gameplay just by watching the videos.
They run and move very casually, as they are alone on the feel and no one is chasing them. This applies to almost every animation now. Especially if you have played the previous versions of the game!
Now the players lose momentum and acceleration after every touch, and you feel a weight... and that is Di Maria and Messi, players with high dribbling skills, but feel awkward.

Now let's compare it to this, I found some old videos on youtube of eFootball, from the old versions of the game, see here:

Is it visible? It's like you have more control, more lightness, and more dynamics.

All this is gone!

Now! I have a theory of why Konami is doing this, it has to do with the Dream Team mode! Most people probably don't target top players, which means they don't spend enough money on packs, and they have a good time with regular players, as do I, Konami maybe wants to make the game easier and lighter with TOP packs Players, which they release every week. Don't get me wrong, I don't want an easy game, just maybe a fairer one!?
I don't know, it could all be a placebo effect, but I claim to have enough experience to notice all this.

I think I agree with most of what you've said. It's not placebo. That silly word should be banned from these forums, partly because we all have different sensitivities to control inputs, on-screen information etc.

I still have the previous patch on ps4. It is so much more flexible. The ball too. You can weave from a standing start between players. I once received the ball 25 yards from goal with Gnabry, and weaved through 3 players before getting my shot off. From a standing start, with only R2. And never sprinting at all. Just walking forward. Not sure you could do that on new patch, as animations are more rigid.

It seems to be konami's answer to everything. Cut linking animations out wherever theres a problem.

I'd be amazed now if we ever get back the relative freedom of earlier patches, and all those little animations.

I played some matches today on PC (3440x1440 ultrawide, i5-12600K, 3060 TI, smooth 60+ fps).

Here my thoughts:
+ more teams
+ faster menu
+ Monza Stadium is great because of size and lightning

- passes are too fast
- ball interception is too easy
- many balls running through players feet
- less varity from CPU in attacking
- feels like "catch me if you can"
- less animations than in 2.1
- graphics are sometimes really good, but in most cases not very detailed, the LOD is garbage
- turf is 5 steps back
- atmosphere is bad (fans: there are maybe just 10 different models, moving like shit)
- not authentic (played with cameron as home team vs. turkey -> nearly no black fans... wtf)
- no offline modes
- net physic is boring

In summary: 2.1 was on a good way, especially as an simulation, had more fun althoug I just play offline matches.
2.2 turns more in FIFA shity arcady gameplay :-(

WTF happened to this game?!?!

All this is gone!

Are those videos from the mobile version of the game? I am playing Efootball on PS4 and it look so different. And I am not talking about graphics only, the way the players move etc. It’s definitely not the same game I am playing.

Animations are being simplified in every new version.
Konami admitted that they removed the stoping microsteps for example in a previous patch note.
That's why efootball now looks so stiff and not so modern or innovative.

It plays better, for the majority of users, though. It's more responsive, faster, more game-ish.

Too bad that there is not a working way to revert to previous versions and just enjoy offline matches.

Animations are being simplified in every new version.
Konami admitted that they removed the stoping microsteps for example in a previous patch note.
That's why efootball now looks so stiff and not so modern or innovative.

It plays better, for the majority of users, though. It's more responsive, faster, more game-ish.

Too bad that there is not a working way to revert to previous versions and just enjoy offline matches.
They nerfed the inertia too in each update

Am I being stupid?.. Playing a friend in efootball. But we're both lumbered with the same teams every game and with fake names.. What's the deal?

Offline is fine v AI. National teams and clubs, proper names and teams.

Back
Top Bottom