eFootball (All Platforms)

Stating the obvious - but the more people realise it, the better (i.e. the core design of eFootball is pay-to-win, cos if it wasn't, how in God's name would they make money, do you seriously think they're giving a game away for free out of kindness).

If it made more financial sense for them to keep producing a "full" game, they would obviously do that. But 100k sales at £50 each vs 1m downloads with half that audience chipping in £10 for a Neymar card = exactly the same income, but with half the dev / publishing costs (and portable across more platforms).

Offline players don't matter any more, until they start charging us £10 a month to play the Master League. Despite the fact that, if it was given as much dev time as e.g. FIFA's FUT modes are, I would definitely, definitely do that.
After watching the video again, to me it sounded like he wanted critics to "shut up" and move on. He also went on about people being too negative and said if we don't help Coinami with feedback, the game will suffer. I'm going to throw up.

Efootball World cup modeView attachment 191653

VS

PES 21 World cup mode by community
View attachment 191654
There are not excuses but community wants simulation and konami just money and thats the difference

First off, that second picture is absolutely spectacular. Secondly, I'm now curious enough to boot up eFoot to see what the in game presentation is like for the international cup matches looks like.

Even though they don't have the Fifa license, there is nothing stopping Coinami from doing some pomp and circumstance for pre-matches.

Yes, nothing whatsoever, you don't even need a big budget for it, just some time, care and effort afforded to devs to make it.

The game is crying out for it. Offline is still better than offline gameplay but the dead atmosphere is why I only challenging myself offline with a really bad team to see how far i get and incentive to play using Out Wide/Long Ball Counter.

First off, that second picture is absolutely spectacular. Secondly, I'm now curious enough to boot up eFoot to see what the in game presentation is like for the international cup matches looks like.

Its like comparing a birthday party in your big local favorite restaurant (PES 2021 World Cup Patch) to having your birthday alone in a library reading books on stinky cheese (efootball).

Last edited:
What is this

Imagine if konami had had this level of community involvement, however eccentric, during those ps3 years where they shut up shop and left us communicating with some decidedly incompetent, thin-skinned individuals?

We wouldve been over the moon.

But they do this now. When the game is barely a game at all.

Either they have gone mad, or they're being advised by brand management consultants as to how to keep efootball, a very low cost game, in the minds of football gamers, for virtually no cost at all.

What we consider stupidity, they probably consider low cost brand awareness.

How wonderfully depressing.

I was going to stay up for The Game Awards tonight, but then I saw eFootball didn't get one nomination... not for best eSports game, best mobile game, best sports game, best indie game, best esports event, best ongoing game, best community support, or – and most insultingly of all – not even game of the year.

That's me boycotting this farce of an event.

I suggest you do the same.

Its like comparing a birthday party in your big local favorite restaurant (PES 2021 World Cup Patch) to having your birthday alone in a library reading books on stinky cheese (efootball).
That's quite the picture you painted there mate lol

What is this

The job of social media marketing is really to create engagement. I can't criticize these guys, specifically the guys and gals working in the social media dept, for trying to create that engagement.

Imagine if konami had had this level of community involvement, however eccentric, during those ps3 years where they shut up shop and left us communicating with some decidedly incompetent, thin-skinned individuals?

We wouldve been over the moon.

But they do this now. When the game is barely a game at all.

Either they have gone mad, or they're being advised by brand management consultants as to how to keep efootball, a very low cost game, in the minds of football gamers, for virtually no cost at all.

What we consider stupidity, they probably consider low cost brand awareness.

How wonderfully depressing.
That's a fair point; the level of engagement they are trying to create doesn't really reflect the quality of the overall product.

I was going to stay up for The Game Awards tonight, but then I saw eFootball didn't get one nomination... not for best eSports game, best mobile game, best sports game, best indie game, best esports event, best ongoing game, best community support, or – and most insultingly of all – not even game of the year.

That's me boycotting this farce of an event.

I suggest you do the same.

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

If all the do's or even not do's from Coinami not so terrible sad for us offline players. You could fill a 24h stand up comedy show with these stupid fck. shit.

Hell yea hallelujah!

So in the middle of a World Cup their topic of choice is the Italian Cup. Konami logic.

Oh and maybe they'll take questions from "you guys" after the "media" rofl. The paid media?
Shills and asslickers need only apply

So in the middle of a World Cup their topic of choice is the Italian Cup. Konami logic.

Oh and maybe they'll take questions from "you guys" after the "media" rofl. The paid media?
Shills and asslickers need only apply

Lol I didn't even think of that. Good point.

93 listeners when I tuned into it. I expected at least 100.

Some really interesting questions were picked by the host, though - such as" how many coins do we get for winning a game in the Italian Cup" and "do yellow cards accumulate and lead to bans in the Italian Cup".

...said it before and I'll say it again, PES is dead, eFootball is a mobile game (and even that is dead). I can't imagine a Master League will ever arrive and if it did, it would be terrible. Just look at how bad the gameplay is at this point. Let it go. Let it die.

Some really interesting questions were picked by the host, though - such as" how many coins do we get for winning a game in the Italian Cup" and "do yellow cards accumulate and lead to bans in the Italian Cup".

...said it before and I'll say it again, PES is dead, eFootball is a mobile game (and even that is dead). I can't imagine a Master League will ever arrive and if it did, it would be terrible. Just look at how bad the gameplay is at this point. Let it go. Let it die.
PES IS NOT DEAD UNTILL COMMUNITY DECIDES TO KILL IT WHAT MEANS WILL NEVER DIE

One of the most important questions asked on the podcast: Does pineapple belong on pizza? Fucking useless!

Look, the concept is good. I like it when publishers/devs do this sort of thing, but THIS is a sham. They aren't going to answer questions that really matter. Watch some efootball content creators eat this shit up. 😒

One of their most important question: Does pineapple belong on pizza? Fucking useless!

Look, the concept is good, but this is a sham. They aren't going to answer questions that really matter. Watch some efootball content creators eat this shit up. 😒
Ha, I didn't hear that one. Incredible...

Where I work (I work in the marketing department), we had an interview booked with a sportsman to try and promote a product. I cringed my face off when the interviewer's first question was "what do you think there's more of in the world - doors or wheels?" :CONFUSE:

I understand why they're doing this. They have a social media manager, and it's their job to try things, and try to whip up some interest. It's not their fault that the producers / developers are giving them absolutely nothing that long-term fans will care about.

1670623760930.png
I don't think efootball is dead like other games.
Better said and with data, Efootball has more players on Console than in the latest installments of PES
not counting the 30 million Android (All the population is from Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia)
It is dead in modes but in finance it is at its best and much better than before (-1 million per delivery)
So even if it hurts and disgusts, changing the Model to one of FTP was the best thing that happened in the saga (Speaking of Finances and N° of Players)

View attachment 191920
I don't think efootball is dead like other games.
Better said and with data, Efootball has more players on Console than in the latest installments of PES
not counting the 30 million Android (All the population is from Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia)
It is dead in modes but in finance it is at its best and much better than before (-1 million per delivery)
So even if it hurts and disgusts, changing the Model to one of FTP was the best thing that happened in the saga (Speaking of Finances and N° of Players)
I don't think the numbers say it all! Most likely they track "downloads" ... which is a bit unfair to compare the number of downloads of a FREE demo game/mode to the sales of a $60 full game. Even if they follow the peak number of people who are in the game, a large part of people just log in to get the login bonuses and leave, there is no basis for comparison.

Stating the obvious - but the more people realise it, the better (i.e. the core design of eFootball is pay-to-win, cos if it wasn't, how in God's name would they make money, do you seriously think they're giving a game away for free out of kindness).

If it made more financial sense for them to keep producing a "full" game, they would obviously do that. But 100k sales at £50 each vs 1m downloads with half that audience chipping in £10 for a Neymar card = exactly the same income, but with half the dev / publishing costs (and portable across more platforms).

Offline players don't matter any more, until they start charging us £10 a month to play the Master League. Despite the fact that, if it was given as much dev time as e.g. FIFA's FUT modes are, I would definitely, definitely do that.
I wonder how far to take the logic, though..."If it made more financial sense for them to keep producing a "full" game, they would obviously do that..." yes, I agree, but at what point does that mean Konami go "why even have a football dev team at all when [insert mobile sensation game type here] makes more money?

I want a development team that is in love with making a great football game; one that works offline and is deep, and one that works in multiplayer. If I had the time, I'd fundraise for it - exlcusively on PC - and make a mod-able version of RTWC98, with every nation and every league represented (generically). Every two years, I'd impprove the animations and deliver new modes, and, yes, I'd have a FUT-type mode for those that wanted that...but gameplay and animations and AI would be king.

Konami is jaded, in a corporate sense. I look forward to leaving them behind the way they've done us.

Back
Top Bottom