eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

For a game this decent on PC and how we can patch it, it's worth just dropping the cash on Amazon to buy the physical copy so you always have access to the vanilla version and can patch as and when you want without effing up whatever dodgy downloaded version people download. I don't see a better fooity game coming out anytime soon so it's worth snapping up those physical copies while they're still out there.
The thing is.. PC version never had physical copy since PES 2019.

hi guys, i am looking for information, and sorry for my bad english. I haven't downloaded the patch yet, I unchecked auto download on steam. But I should still have it when I launch the game?
Is it possible to play with Virtuared 4 and Holland's world soccer mod?
If this is not possible, we will have to wait for an update of the virtuared patches?
Thanking you for your return.

What is considered abondonware out of curiosity?

Even though Konami don't directly sell the game anymore, if the servers for PES 2021 are still active and they still sell coins on that game then the game is very much operating commercially..

So once they shut those servers of and stop taking revenue for coins - that would then be considered abandoned?

I also ask as I don't think Konami earn anything from 3rd party key sellers unless I'm mistaken?
Not directly related: The servers will shut down comimg August or September, but the coins selling services, are shut down since last December.

Not something special of course, this was the usual PES online-services routine/cycle until PES 2021.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/pc/topic/game-wepes2021-32261

Been messing around with marking settings, trying to find a balance between marking and overall shape. I've decided that, no matter what, central mids have to mark the central mids on the other team. It's the best way to get mids to challenge each other quicker and generate more of a contested midfield. The problem now is, and has always been, the full backs. Not having them mark the wingers means the wingers go completely unopposed if they drift inside. Having them mark means the shape of the backline, especially when the opposition goes attacking or has an attacking formation, is essentially nonexistent.

That's essentially what happened at the end of the West Ham game; overall shape of both teams was a complete mess and I think a knock on effect of that was it turned into a counter attack after counter attack. Now that could've been a product of West Ham being attacking at the end of the game as well as me also being attacking, but I just didn't like the lack of defensive line integrity when we moved from the transitional phase to the defensive one. I'll mess around with it a bit more and see if it consistently happens.

Otherwise, I've had decent fun the last 2 nights. The Spurs win was great because a teammate scored a hattrick. It's always great when you're AI teammates can contribute in a big way. Only real disappointment of the night was just how easily the AI can be punished for horrendous decision making. One of the goals I scored against West Ham was after Zouma literally passed the ball to me in the box. West Ham's only goal was equally egregious; an own goal that my keeper could've easily stopped but seemingly walked around the ball.

20220622234821_1.jpg

20220624002205_1.jpg

Superstar. 20 minutes. Game speed -2. Fixed Cursor. Gentleman's club definitive edition gp.

hi guys, i am looking for information, and sorry for my bad english. I haven't downloaded the patch yet, I unchecked auto download on steam. But I should still have it when I launch the game?
Is it possible to play with Virtuared 4 and Holland's world soccer mod?
If this is not possible, we will have to wait for an update of the virtuared patches?
Thanking you for your return.
Hey,
can’t help you but your English is fine! 👋

🚨 Who can help this fella?! 🚨

Since the gameplay engine of eFootball is already "Fox Engine", I've a feeling that, they updated PES 2021 with an idea in mind. They were probably beta-testing eFootball changes and code in PES 2021 in the gameplay aspect. Take a look at Version 1.07.02.. It's changed, in a better way? (possibly). That's why some people are saying like, this new build changed how AI plays, more fouls, slow paced game etc... I mean, why do they update an old game which was already discontinued? So, this is the case (in my opinion and thinking).

welp this site still has a zero tolerance towards piracy but...
literally what else could we do. I'm not suggesting that anyone should do this but I just had to after all this shit from konami, you don't even own your games now they can just stop you from enjoying it at any moment
just use A modded exe...some have better gameplay than vanilla....like ehollands stuff

Since the gameplay engine of eFootball is already "Fox Engine", I've a feeling that, they updated PES 2021 with an idea in mind. They were probably beta-testing eFootball changes and code in PES 2021 in the gameplay aspect. Take a look at Version 1.07.02.. It's changed, in a better way? (possibly). That's why some people are saying like, this new build changed how AI plays, more fouls, slow paced game etc... I mean, why do they update an old game which was already discontinued? So, this is the case (in my opinion and thinking).
Well, there's also something very interesting to notice in eFootball too:
when you go to training and you play a training match, it feels completely different (but more like PES 2021) than an exhibition match in eFootball
However I don't like the feeling of PES 2021 gameplay compared to eFootball

I don't know if it's because of player cam or because i have a gameplay patch, but I've been giving advanced shooting another go and it is still as inconsistent as I remember.

Standing the top of the box when my player with 90+ finishing, under no pressure, in good form, right down the middle of the box shouldn't be missing the goal entirely anywhere near as much as I've seen with advanced. I can understand if the angle was tight or if I was under pressure to some extent. But to miss the target entirely is ridiculous imo.

I don't feel like learning manual so I'm going back to being a basic bitch I think lol

Just my 2 cents about advanced shooting : it gives us much more possibility in term of verticality.
Like shooting strong as for example just 20 cm from the ground. But i would have preferred a thousand time Semi like Fifa even if it's less balanced, or another way to shoot up or down.
It's not natural to push the analog on the back or front while shooting. I was used at first, then i felt a bit uneasy as the controls mecanics weren't natural, i remember playing on PES 15 and 17, and even after 30 match i always made some big fail i didn't want to. I can't muscle my brain to it... Well because the controls weren't logic. I could have mentionned "for me", but no, it's just illogic in terms of pad in hands vs what happen on your TV, point lol.

The "old" system with shoot + triangle for low shoot was a bit more limited but good. And you can use for example high shoot with square + square, the
special shoot like Pirlo don't remember the name could have another combination, like a push twice forward where you're aiming at (forward front left/right).

Advanced shooting is such a weird system I am agree. In fact it wasn't until I turned the aim on that I realized I had to aim away from the goal to shoot low. It's much better now that I use player cam because I am aiming down and not away.

That being said, advanced shooting is my preferred type but the amount of inconsistency with it compared to 2017 (I've been using advanced since 2017) is remarkable and downright unrewarding at times. I don't have an issue with variance and inconsistency but the amount of variance I see make me thing my attributes are irrelevant at times. My player is world class striker I shouldn't feel like I'm shooting with Adama Traore lol.

Manual is the absolute ideal but I am not a college student anymore who can just spend all summer honing my manual skills. Basic shooting seems to be my only choice at this point.

20220626235849_1.jpg

PES got 1 thing right; Burnley is annoying as hell to play against. 2 goals from 6 shots. They should've had more.

There a quite a lot out there, each with their personal stamp on things. But im really happy with the Evoweb patch :)

Anyways, regarding the new update.. boy am i having fun with the vanilla 1.07.02 exe. Normally I play with Holland's GP mods, and surely awaiting the much anticipated "WORLD SOCCER 2".. but holy crap ive been enjoying the new Konami update. There are definitely game play updates (its like there was a gameplay update on the shelf inspired or worked on by several of the programmers/employees which they gave up on, and just.. 2 years later decided to release... weird).

Im seeing quite a few newer scenarios attacking wise... a heap more fouls... more physicality (the side to side tussling), more dribbling by the AI attacking players, more keeper ricochets. The ball for shooting has quite a bit of zip on it which i love.. more realistic speed to me. Also more dipping shots. Anyways just a blast to play.. here a few clips i uploaded on youtube (appologies for some of the stutter.. nvidia shadowplay is quite hit and miss for me lately):

I do notice the scrip though.. something that Holland has mostly removed in his GP patch... also notice the keeper doesnt come out as often.. these are my 2 main negatives. Apart from that, im loving it :)

and

And almost a full game with Boca vs Flemingo, superstar 20 full manual:

1st half:

2nd half with a great last few minutes:

There a quite a lot out there, each with their personal stamp on things. But im really happy with the Evoweb patch :)

Anyways, regarding the new update.. boy am i having fun with the vanilla 1.07.02 exe. Normally I play with Holland's GP mods, and surely awaiting the much anticipated "WORLD SOCCER 2".. but holy crap ive been enjoying the new Konami update. There are definitely game play updates (its like there was a gameplay update on the shelf inspired or worked on by several of the programmers/employees which they gave up on, and just.. 2 years later decided to release... weird).

Im seeing quite a few newer scenarios attacking wise... a heap more fouls... more physicality (the side to side tussling), more dribbling by the AI attacking players, more keeper ricochets. The ball for shooting has quite a bit of zip on it which i love.. more realistic speed to me. Also more dipping shots. Anyways just a blast to play.. here a few clips i uploaded on youtube (appologies for some of the stutter.. nvidia shadowplay is quite hit and miss for me lately):

I do notice the scrip though.. something that Holland has mostly removed in his GP patch... also notice the keeper doesnt come out as often.. these are my 2 main negatives. Apart from that, im loving it :)

and

And almost a full game with Boca vs Flemingo, superstar 20 full manual:

1st half:

2nd half with a great last few minutes:
Hiya mate the keeper can be changed by a editor changing them to offensive keeper brings them out more I have a thread on here were I have editing the edit file with long shot trait and offensive keeper

For sure... and you are right, offensive keepers do come out (just had a game a few moments ago and saw it a couple of times)... here is an example..default... brilliant:

Im getting some awesome gameplay, and seeing a lot of stuff i havent seen in ages... eg, ai free kick takers hitting the ball over the bar and not always on target (which normally occurs if you dont stop the freekick via the wall). Also seeing the ai attackers taking a whole heap of long rangers..eg. coutinho from Aston Villa. And seeing ai attackers sprint more when in open space or going on goal... good stuff:

Here is a closely contested half... thriller right to the death... almost.. just almost...

All in all, im loving this new vanilla gameplay.. Not sure how you guys are feeling, but i reckon best vanilla to date. The momentum feels great.. ball physics, weight of passing... something has been tweaked... hard to explain, but just feels great. And seeing some unexpected things like more physical battles, new keeper save animations etc... or ones i just dont remember seeing in a while.. hard to tell. Definitely different in a good way.

I gave the "new" vanilla version a go, after reading so much positivity about it. First on Top Player, then Superstar.

Both in friendles and the ML, AI Arsenal (and other top-tier teams) played like Bolton in the 2000s. Lumping the ball from defence to attack. I found the AI unbearable, the deflections questionable (at best), the physicality as "slapstick comedian trips over for thirty seconds" as before, and honestly, I couldn't see a single difference when compared to the last default EXE.

This was the point that I gave up (you can hopefully see from the difference in the amount of passes that Arsenal were only interested in long balls - what's the point in them having tactics if they don't adhere to them?):

sLqON1a.jpg

Switched back to @Holland's "World Soccer" EXE and instantly it was a much better game with more responsiveness, fewer "suspicious" moments (e.g. the deflections that are sent straight to the opponent) and if I could get over the AI simply never going on a run or a dribble, and every player retreating to their own box the second possession is lost, I'd enjoy it.

(Custom tactics etc. mask the problem but they don't give the AI an understanding of positioning, or even a comprehension of where the football is, so they don't fix anything IMO. The game can't be "fixed", it just is what it is, but Holland's work definitely gets it to the best place it can be. He deserves a job at Konami.)

Im seeing things quite a bit different to you Chris. For me there are certainly differences from this to any of the previous vanilla versions. Maybe a little to do with expectations/interpretation, but also probably on the team one plays.. Modes? I've seen the lumping the ball from certain teams, but im usually playing friendlies vs teams that pass the ball around on ground. Superstar, full-manual.. Are u playing full manual Chris?

Either way, apart from the scripting (which is certainly noticeable coming from Hollands GP mods), im seeing and feeling things quite bit differently to what ive seen/felt before.. And considering ive been playing the hell outta pes2021 a few days a week since it was released (with Hollands mods more recently over last year) , im surprised and stoked at the vanilla update.. And the positive stuff im seeing.

Interesting how a game like this still has so many different playing experiences. We all see and feel things so differently.

I gave the "new" vanilla version a go, after reading so much positivity about it. First on Top Player, then Superstar.
Since the dawn of time, these games have always had this strange phenomenon where, strong COM teams would be easy to play against and smaller COM teams would turn into Greece 2004 and there's nothing you can do about it. Once in a while is fun and it happens in real life, but it's almost everytime game, the game is hardly subtle in it's manipulation either.

They call us crazy but you can almost feel within the first few minutes, like literally feel it through your controller when the corruption is kicking in, Like a strong wind giving you resistance you can't ignore.

I also think Superstar and Legend difficulties shouldn't be used to judge the game or the AI as they're not truly, challenging difficult levels but rather just spectrums of handicapping you're willing to out yourself through instead. It's not enjoyable or inclusive in the experience when you're wrestling with your controls or players in ways you wouldn't normally on regular or professional.

Never felt "decreased my team" on Superstar or Legend. Just some extra lucidity from the CPU with long strong shoot or fast pass.
But well, feeling... I always feel that i'm did something wrong, sooner or later wrong when the CPU score. Stopping the fast counter attack agressively or the key player with some sliding tackle.

Did you ever checked once if the other team was all in good form in comparison to you? Just check, you see that it doesn't change regarding the difficulty. But let's say that i feel a pushing of awareness from the AI on some moment when i play on superstar/legend.
Not in term of variety but challenge : the CPU plays like an E-sport very good player for some moments. That's what it can be frustrating i think. I don't feel it frustrating at all : it's challenging. And also, depends a lot of how do you play.

If you try to play slow building everytime and don't varies your gameplay, of course that the CPU will profit to the occasion. It's always been like this in fact, i don't know why it's dumbed down on PES 21 more than on PES 17. PES 17 good a smaller pitch.
And i noticed i plays A LOT about contact since i replay PS2 games : proximity and contact are much, much more frequents.

When i read "good they've made the pitch bigger", i'm always suspicious. Because the more space you got, the hardest it's to create physical contact situations and (a bit less as it's easier to found solutions) interceptions.

Both in friendles and the ML, AI Arsenal (and other top-tier teams) played like Bolton in the 2000s.
Goodness, I appreciate the nostalgia trip Chris lmao
if I could get over the AI simply never going on a run or a dribble, and every player retreating to their own box the second possession is lost, I'd enjoy it.
I've seen the occasional dribble attempt, but even then they're about as effective as Germany in the 2018 world cup. I've said it numerous times; this AI has been systematically dumbed down year after year. Because Konami doesn't believe in offline football anymore. This focus on action and 1v1s, Konami wants street fighter as a football game. So the AI is just a placeholder in their online competitive driven game.

In 2017, the AI was alive. It made decisions, it made runs, it was aggressive. So much has changed in less than 5 years.
(Custom tactics etc. mask the problem but they don't give the AI an understanding of positioning, or even a comprehension of where the football is, so they don't fix anything IMO. The game can't be "fixed", it just is what it is, but Holland's work definitely gets it to the best place it can be. He deserves a job at Konami.)
The fact that a football game in 2021/22 doesn't have code for transitional play, the fact that the AI isn't coded to have any sort of positional awareness (they have no idea where they are on the pitch), is a freaking joke.

Does Holland have ideas on how to make online play more exciting? Because I can pretty much guarantee they aren't hiring anyone to work on the offline side of things at this point lol.

I really appreciate all the effort people have put into making 2021 update a better experience, but every time I sit down and talk about the AI it makes me wanna try and get 17 working properly on my laptop. 19 would've been great but the defensive AI doesn't exist in that game lol

Yeah ive heard PES2017 and 19 had the best ai overall. I guess its all subjective - all this "which pes has/had the best AI?". Even if this is true, (for me ) they just dont have what pes2021 has as a total package. I think overall, PES 2021 has the most good collectively (when looking at the entire package, graphics, animations, variations, ball physics, ai..etc), which is why its my one and only played football game currently. I know 19 was supposedly one of the most superior looking games in terms of lighting (ive heard this somewhere recently), but i definitely couldnt go back to playing 17. Looked at some of my uploaded pes20217 videos and it looks rubbish in comparison.

Anyways, we are all looking for different things i guess.. but if i had to choose only one football game to play for the next 5 or so years, itd still be Pes2021 - with the ongoing modding that's really built this game into something else. I do wish or hope, that one day someone can really work on modding the player positioning (compacting the middle of the park), and ai, to a point it leans way further to the realistic side.

Speaking of ai, and gameplay etc. ..I am convinced we are all playing a different pes2021 lol... meaning we are all using different settings, patches etc.. im on vanilla exe, but using evoweb patch + klashman tactics (both having some effect on edit file and team settings/tactics), and probably one of the biggest factors is my own style of play... here is my version of Newcastle vs Arsenal:

a few bad decisions defensively, player positioning wise.. but not much lumping it forward. I think this also has a lot to do with the way one defends .. ie. calling 2nd player in .. and anticipating passing lanes... There were a few long shots from ai which was nice. Only played one half :)

Yeah ive heard PES2017 and 19 had the best ai overall. I guess its all subjective - all this "which pes has/had the best AI?". Even if this is true, (for me ) they just dont have what pes2021 has as a total package. I think overall, PES 2021 has the most good collectively (when looking at the entire package, graphics, animations, variations, ball physics, ai..etc), which is why its my one and only played football game currently. I know 19 was supposedly one of the most superior looking games in terms of lighting (ive heard this somewhere recently), but i definitely couldnt go back to playing 17. Looked at some of my uploaded pes20217 videos and it looks rubbish in comparison.

Anyways, we are all looking for different things i guess.. but if i had to choose only one football game to play for the next 5 or so years, itd still be Pes2021 - with the ongoing modding that's really built this game into something else. I do wish or hope, that one day someone can really work on modding the player positioning (compacting the middle of the park), and ai, to a point it leans way further to the realistic side.

Speaking of ai, and gameplay etc. ..I am convinced we are all playing a different pes2021 lol... meaning we are all using different settings, patches etc.. im on vanilla exe, but using evoweb patch + klashman tactics (both having some effect on edit file and team settings/tactics), and probably one of the biggest factors is my own style of play... here is my version of Newcastle vs Arsenal:

a few bad decisions defensively, player positioning wise.. but not much lumping it forward. I think this also has a lot to do with the way one defends .. ie. calling 2nd player in .. and anticipating passing lanes... There were a few long shots from ai which was nice. Only played one half :)
Man you are great. I support you with your opinion about Pes 2021 and game version 1.07.02. At the moment there is nothing better in the world of football, with all due respect to the old parts, this is the best.

Back
Top Bottom