Esports Boxing

I'm probably gonna quit pes for this. The new video looks incredible. Unfortunately it looks like early access isn't gonna happen. However if they continue improving it will be one of if not the best sports game on the market

Looks absolutely unreal. Been dying for a boxing game since FNC and this is look incredibly promising. Just hope it plays as well as it looks.

Also shows what game happen if a new studio enters the market 👀

Can't wait to start career mode with a young Sugar Ray Leonard.. this game looks really cool.. :)

I love old school boxing.. the 70s 80s and 90s especially.. Hagler vs Hearns vs Leonard vs Duran.. man magnificent times. :TU:

As i love the "extreme", particularly big heavy punchs, even if it's slow i don't care, i think i will start to build an Heayweight character.
But also will try lightweight etc.
What's really fun on a Boxing (also what was in UFC) is that the gameplay is pretty changing from a weight category to another.
I love it, and it's making the game durability in time without being bored much longer.

But from what i saw, it looks like the better Boxing simulation i never saw. The footsteps are very very important in Boxing, and the way they introduced it is perfect. I remember that footsteeps played a certain role on Fight night, but very restricted and less important.

Last edited:
Definitely, the heavyweights are the kings of the one punch KO. That was so exciting about fighting with Lewis, Frazier, Foreman or Tyson.. One punch could end the whole fight, and it was reflected very well in Fight Night round 4, which is my favorite! Can't wait for this to come out....

Yes, this actually looks REALLY good. I just hope they don't feature the haymaker punch, which I think kind of broke the gameplay in fight night champion. In fight night 4, the haymaker was much easier to counter, which is much more realistic.

Do you think this will be up there with Creed Champions?
It will be way better, this one is more of a true to life sim of the sport,
Also, the creed game was more of an arcade, so if you prefer arcade-style games then this one might not be for you, I also recommend to check all the alpha gameplay clips first before you make judgements

First gameplay

Second piece of gameplay

The third piece of gameplay

Latest gameplay

I hope this gives you a good idea, of how it will be

Even the first vid i thinked "Day one buy". First for an alpha footage.

Didn't saw the last vids (as i don't go on Twitter since a month)
That game since to gives so much possibilities and variety in movement, punches etc., even more than UFC all strikes combinated which includes kicks, punchs, elbow, knee. And i stopped at UFC 2 for a reason, i hate the ground fight system (well it's hard to reproduce) with blocks, submissions etc.
Well it gives variety to gameplay or tactics... But less differents strikes and it's a bit less intuitive than a boxing game.

But boxing games (well, just boxing) is my childhood, and i prefers it to MMA, simply. My favourite was the very last Fight Night Champion (correcting the 4 incoherences) but i loved tons of Boxing games on 8 and 16 bits, fun based or not.

It's because i don't know at all the world of Kickboxing or Muay Thai but i would have 100% preferred it.

BTW they signed Deontay and Fury not so long. I think i will invest on it, looks like the most realistic boxing game i saw (footsteps system seems genius).
Wait to try at least controllers in hands and the overall balance before saying it's the best boxing game ever made, but there's all i want and all possible to do in a Boxing game.

I also prefer boxing to MMA, by a long shot. I grew up watching the 90's heavyweights and great champs (Lennox Lewis was my favorite!)

In terms of fight night, I much preferred round 4 to champion. I thought champion's haymaker kind of broke the game, tbh.. But Fight Night 4, that was insanely fun.

Expecting great things from this game, no doubt!!

Not only on PC but since PS3... All was about UFC but well, it became more popular at least on every weight category
... But also more corruption. Not at the higher level but judge, sometimes entourage of the boxer, etc.
That's one reason Boxing became less and less popular. Personnally i'm older so i grew up with Tyson / Foreman etc. but i followed with Lennox too.
People said "it was better before, Tyson would have crushed them all even Fury" but when you see Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder gabarit, both more than 2m and same for the others... It's arguable. Not the same type of boxers.

For example Fury is super patient, also super resistant (when he take a down it looks like nothing (well he's super good to avoid damage too, he fall because he lost balance as he's super tal, you just see on his face "shit, i lost some points" that's all :LOL: )

On MMA it's too obvious to gives a draw or more point to one fighter for judge and there's more K.O.

Well, back to that game, i hope Usyk too from the currents boxers even if i always prefered to play with old champion.
He just goes up in weight category very soon after being champion light heavyweight and already crushed Joshua, great hope for that guy but need at least 3 match to be sure and could meet Fury or Wilder.
I hope both will be on the roster if he isn't already, i didn't checked (only the 7-8 boxers i was interested by), also would like Ruiz he would be fun to play.
I don't get how he can keep so much stamina even when he was pretty fat, it didn't changed when he lost weight haha.

I like to play on every catagories it's a different game every time, but Heavyweight gives me more sensation with their super big crushing punch, some a bit fat etc. even when i played UFC.
I don't know, it's like fighting with titans, pretty fun.

I think the most exciting categories in boxing are:

Heavyweights: One punch can end the fight, at any time. This makes it very exciting.
Middleweights: The perfect combination of speed and power!

I'm about your same age vialli (I assume you were born in 82 which makes us contemporaries), and even though I was too young to watch the golden era of 80's middleweights live, youtube has helped me a lot to discover the great Leonard-Hagler-Duran-Hearns epics! :TU:

Not really related to Esport Boxing Club (btw when that game will be out? It's been long since... And there's a danger coming soon >)

"HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER"

I hope it won't kill the E.B.C. rosters with their fucking exclusivity. And i don't know, from what i saw, i got a bit more thrust in E. Boxing Club, it's looking more advanced and made by "passionate" with a great boxing knowledge than any Fight Night.

Well EA Fight Night will be UFC but the kick button will be disabled.

They will also be loot boxes, so you can only be Tyson Fury if you unlock the correct box.

Not really related to Esport Boxing Club (btw when that game will be out? It's been long since... And there's a danger coming soon >)

"HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER"

I hope it won't kill the E.B.C. rosters with their fucking exclusivity. And i don't know, from what i saw, i got a bit more thrust in E. Boxing Club, it's looking more advanced and made by "passionate" with a great boxing knowledge than any Fight Night.
I would’ve never thought that EA is bringing back fight night, as much as I want a return of the series.
With all the money floating around in boxing (fighting) these days, I couldn’t think of them paying millions of dollars to get boxers licenses for the game. And licensed stuff is what the crowd wants…
Let’s see.

Last edited:
Yes, let's see. But from what i've see, i prefers the ESBC direction than any Fight Night out until now.
ATM, there's already a big roster on it, enough for me to play (they even signed Usyk... And another top 5 boxer i don't remember)

'm about your same age vialli (I assume you were born in 82 which makes us contemporaries), and even though I was too young to watch the golden era of 80's middleweights live, youtube has helped me a lot to discover the great Leonard-Hagler-Duran-Hearns epics! :TU:

Some incredible fights during that time, Hagler, Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Benn, Eubank, Watson that whole middleweight (super middleweight too if memory serves?) was just full of fantastic fights. Now since it all seemed to turn pay-per-view I don't watch any of it live.

Feels like the animations are going backwards, the transitions are really jerky. I still worry they've spent far too much time/money investing in licenses. The guy who runs the studio has never worked in game development before, they have only 11-50 employees (according to Linkedin) and they're still trying to hire some pretty key positions:

https://www.steelcityinteractive.co.uk/careers

1645516483687.png

Think we're gonna have to temper our expectations a bit, especially in terms of when it'll be released on early access and how refined/feature full it's going to be at that point...

Yeah I fear the same, at first it was all about the gameplay but as the game has received more traction and hype their focus and with such a small development team they are spread to thin and that will affect the gameplay.

Yeah I fear the same, at first it was all about the gameplay but as the game has received more traction and hype their focus and with such a small development team they are spread to thin and that will affect the gameplay.

EA Sports with all their billions and worldwide reach couldn't get anything close to that amount of licenses either...

Back
Top Bottom