Esports Boxing

Yeah I fear the same, at first it was all about the gameplay but as the game has received more traction and hype their focus and with such a small development team they are spread to thin and that will affect the gameplay.
It's still about the gameplay. By the way, if anyone hasn't seen it, here is some gameplay below

Attachments

• Some leaked esbc footwork gameplay from partner Grand Enterprises ---------------------------...mp4
    10.4 MB
They have been dropping character renders every day for the past 10 days. I think theres going to be an announcement soon

Really waiting for it, on the vids it's the way they play that looks "amateur boxing".
But their purpose is to show the moves, more like a demonstration, a sparring. Then even if they played both super good, boxing have evolved in a more defensive direction, i watched many match those last year and they looks, in comparison to 90's era, "boring".

Perhaps the best boxing game i've see, more sim and less spectacular based than a Fight Night. I replayed it no so long ago and it's more repetitive than what Esports Boxing shows here. Well, there's UFC games, i brought it but first i hate the ground fight and it kills your 2 analog sticks + it transforms the game in a strategy game which is a bit troublesome... And second i care a bit less about MMA than Boxing even if some big matches are still interesting.

Boxing is a sport i've grown with and watched fights pretty often on a channel +- at 23h or midnight but also played since i was youth, with Rocky on Master System, or Heavyweight champ/George Foreman, or Punch-out (less realistic but more fun) etc. etc.

theyve just announced an online beta. The hype is building, also have you seen the player renders theyve been dropping for the early access fighters

I don't want the beta. Just the surprise when i will brought that game which is (for me) looking fabulous and i didn't waited for it since years.
Got thrust on those guys, beta will be more a servers test. Some tweaks and it won't be a tons of people : just Boxing sim fans.

I don't want the beta. Just the surprise when i will brought that game which is (for me) looking fabulous and i didn't waited for it since years.
Got thrust on those guys, beta will be more a servers test. Some tweaks and it won't be a tons of people : just Boxing sim fans.
Are you getting the pc early access, by the way?
Insiders I know are saying it's coming next month.

Managed to get some actual screen captures instead of photographing the screen. Managed to bust the opponents eye this time.

Attachments

• Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_43_04.png
    Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_43_04.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_45_37.png
    Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_45_37.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_48_18.png
    Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_48_18.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_49_02.png
    Undisputed 04-Nov-22 23_49_02.png
    435.6 KB · Views: 12
Once the early access drops I'm done with efootball I haven't played it for several months anyway but ill also be done with madden as well

Loads of people are moaning about the game and the best way I can describe it is FIFA vs PES (when pes was in its heyday). This game is much more of a simulation compared to Fightnight or the UFC games. People are moaning that they cant knock someone out in 3 rounds. Why do some punches miss.
I think we are on the road towards a masterpiece here. Yes there are still plenty of bugs but its not the official release yet and none of them were truly gamebreaking

did you manage to get fights? if so what did you think

No not yet, it's a shame they're limiting it to narrow windows to test, booted it this morning, bit annoyed it showed the wrong controller icons but some reasonable video settings, that's as far as I got with online not being active at that point!

I only managed one 4 rounds before the game disconnected.
It seemed like once you get used to the controls then it could be pretty decent.

My only two gripes were:-
1. I didn't do the tutorial or even look for one when playing it, which I should of done - Although the game seems easy to play but difficult to master (which I like)
2. The person I played against kept trying to spam the same punch over and over, so there was zero variation to what he was trying to do.

So initial impressions were it has potential, but there is some work to be done.
Hopefully soon though they will release some single player content, so we can see how good the AI is.

Back
Top Bottom