Esports Boxing

Probably a bit petty but I don't like how when there's a knockdown no matter where it happens the ref forces them to crawl to the centre of the ring to do the count...

Probably a bit petty but I don't like how when there's a knockdown no matter where it happens the ref forces them to crawl to the centre of the ring to do the count...
its still basically alpha to be honest, early access will fix most of these things

I think this game is pretty much ready for early access, they have a couple of bugs to fix plus they need to add clinch and push, punching from block, replays after knockdown and other things like that.
The key thing is the servers held up well.

I think this game is pretty much ready for early access, they have a couple of bugs to fix plus they need to add clinch and push, punching from block, replays after knockdown and other things like that.
The key thing is the servers held up well.
All of that will be added, push was also in already but hard to trigger

Just got an email… is it out for 30 euro!?
Hope they won't sold that game 69.99 to 79.99. I've travelled trough the PSN and i was shocked about games even out a years and half ago... Same 69.99 on digital.
I would like Esports Boxing in physical, just for the collection. The game seems awesome to me at least.
Direct punchs seems so real and brutal like IRL, much more than what UFC purpose, and i place the bar of UFC quite high in terms of "finishing" with a blow.

I will wait for a few reviews and opinions.
Was about to buy it last night, but decided against it at the last minute due to the issues with spamming the same punch over and over in the BETA.

I will wait for a few reviews and opinions.
Was about to buy it last night, but decided against it at the last minute due to the issues with spamming the same punch over and over in the BETA.
I'd rather wait a year or so. There's potential. The only problem is that you'll have to splash £70 for the full release. I have a feeling also that most features will be added on the full release. People say that this is a small dev studio but I think they have some serious funding behind them. Licenses are expensive and they've also paid a lot of money for that well known DRM protection.

Worth it for £25, and you don't have to pay again.

Actually think it's pretty good. The motion blur can be turned off by adding a line in the launch.

There needs to be a free spar arena where you can go and practice, and entrance music etc will add a bit of padding. There are no knockdown replays or between rounds

All the foundations are there, think the jab should have a bit more behind it, hooks are meant to be over powered but haven't really noticed so far. I won my first bout just fighting on the back foot and picking off the cpu with a jab and combos.

Don't think the buttons are as responsive as the analogue sticks either so that needs adjusting.

I'd rather wait a year or so. There's potential. The only problem is that you'll have to splash £70 for the full release. I have a feeling also that most features will be added on the full release. People say that this is a small dev studio but I think they have some serious funding behind them. Licenses are expensive and they've also paid a lot of money for that well known DRM protection.
That's what I am thinking too.
Will probably buy it now, as you stated the game will be £50 when released, as with most early access games.

I remember DayZ was a Day 1 purchase for me and was £17.99 for Early Access then when it was fully released it went to £34.99 for the same game, there has been quite a few others doing this as well like RUST.

The console gamers will be really done with a £69.99 release in 2 years time.

I own a boxing game for my quest 2… keep that in mind… when I say: I do not like the fast and countless jabs and punches… it looks comical, somehow off… 🤷‍♂️
i know the boxing games have always been like this… but, yeah, it’s me. I dont think I will get warm with this one. 🤷‍♂️
watched some videos last night and for me, they all kinda look the same (showing what I don’t like).

Edit: the above clip by @aston316 looks better; i think that’s because of the weight class.

Roster certainly needs padding some guys there missing big rivals, that said some nice inclusions. The thing is when you try cater for all scenarios your resources obviously get stretched.

I own a boxing game for my quest 2… keep that in mind… when I say: I do not like the fast and countless jabs and punches… it looks comical, somehow off… 🤷‍♂️
i know the boxing games have always been like this… but, yeah, it’s me. I dont think I will get warm with this one. 🤷‍♂️
watched some videos last night and for me, they all kinda look the same (showing what I don’t like).

Edit: the above clip by @aston316 looks better; i think that’s because of the weight class.
I couldn't play a standard boxing game after thrill of the fight. This looks dull and I'd much rather play ufc non vr

I think this game is brilliant. If you're used to playing fight night you have to unlearn most of what you know because fightnight is an arcade game compared to this. I'm currently having a lot of fun playing against the AI but i can only play using fast out boxers, cant use anyone who likes to fight inside. I say if you want to wait to buy this game i say hedge your bets and get it now at £24.99 because once they add the 150ish other fighters, create a fighter and career mode it will cost you £50 to £60.
Is this game perfect? no. Is online perfect? no, apparently there's an disconnect exploit where you can disconnect and it wont be counted as loss. (they have said they will fix that).
Yes they need to add replay and tweak the commentary but again they said they will do that. I will say have a hell of a lot more faith in these guy to deliver an excellent game than konami. Anyway have a look at this vid

The "boxer's IDs" is phenomenal. I loved Fight Night, but the fighters full representation, is really over everything i saw until now in terms of sports, very impressive.
Looks like 3 different games if you play with Ali, Fury or Wilder as they moves, punch, avoid or block so differently and so much like IRL. Seems like everyone gets his motion capture... But no. Never seen Ali so closer that he was on the ring.

I've been thinking about purchasing Undisputed, was wondering if anyone had played it and what are your impressions of it. I like classic boxing mostly 70's, 80's, and 90's, and was wondering if the Classic Legends lineup covered a good amount of boxers.. Also interested in hearing about career mode.. Any reviews?

Last edited:

I've been thinking about purchasing Undisputed, was wondering if anyone had played it and what are your impressions of it. I like classic boxing mostly 70's, 80's, and 90's, and was wondering if the Classic Legends lineup covered a good amount of boxers.. Also interested in hearing about career mode.. Any reviews?

It still doesn't have any kind of career mode and there's zero information about when it will actually be added.

Man it's been 6 months and still no mention of Career Mode.. I'd absolutely love to create a 1980's style middleweight or heavyweight and move up the ranks.. This is where the real meat and bones of the game would be at for me. Been checking the steam news and reviews every couple of weeks or so to no avail.

In the meantime, watching probably the greatest 3-round fight ever!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom