FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Is it crap then? Im an offline player that tweaks sliders. Because there was no demo I haven't a clue what it is like.

Can anyone enlighten me? @Matt10 you are usually super transparent. Any good?

The way CPU players move/pass and how the ball rolls, horrible!
I wouldn't accept that on Pes 5/6 and sure as hell won't be doing it 2020.
Worst representation of football I've ever seen.

Exactly this,,,14:47 no 20 gets the ball and slides 5 yards......it’s worse than I could have ever imagined......every part of the physics and AI is fundamentally broken.....

Exactly this,,,14:47 no 20 gets the ball and slides 5 yards......it’s worse than I could have ever imagined......every part of the physics and AI is fundamentally broken.....
It's horrible.
The thing that pissed me off the most when reading FIFA 21 YouTubers isn't "it's 1v1 get good!"
But it's the fact that they accept the game looking like this.

Last edited:
I'm desperately trying to have some hope, but the more I watch of this 21, the more it feels like a lost cause.

I get that the game gets better when isolating height/width/lengthy etc,always had been doing a lot of good,but if the ai plays/shoots/passes/skill dribbles like this,does it really matter?
Who wants to play an ai who plays like a grown man trying to impress little kids and shows off his skills?
Since there's no way of adjusting tendencies,it's going to look like this til EA does something different.
Sad shit

I posted this on the OS Sliders. As of this post, we have our beta set posted as well. Here are the base findings in which I was able to get the midfield in a better spot. These examples were pretty much default except for 4 total values changed. We've since changed multiple values for the beta set.

Rotherham - CDM||Macdonald. Notice how deep he gets and how he latches onto runners around him, but not to the point he follows them everywhere.

Checked his instructions - and everything is default/balanced. Team is set to balanced as well.

Crystal Palace - Milo & McArthur. Here I need them to latch onto runs by James and Doucoure, which they do. As a result, they are properly deep enough and not standing idle at the top, or near the D. Both players are set to default instructions, except McArthur gets in the box for crosses.

Team is set to balanced as well.

Crystal Palace - Milo & McArthur. As I mentioned, this is not 100% automated. You will still need some form of input and responsibility to control your defensive duties. In this clip, I could have put a better effort manually, but was testing so I let it go full-auto essentially. As you can see, Milo and McArthur are in the right spots, but they are latching onto runs by James, Allan and Doucure at first. Even though I would have preferred McArthur follow Allan into the box, it is still a good sign that there was a pass-off animation to represent a zonal look.

Team is set to balanced as well.

Last edited:
Keep going mate, appreciate the good work.

For me only the second clip is what I expect defensively from the game. Both runners are tracked and tracked well.

In the first clip the CDM should never be that far up in the first place with the #8 stood behind him free and then he runs away from him and then starts jogging.

The last clip the run from Calvert-Lewin is one i continually see the game struggle with. That space between defence and midfield between the lines is way too easy for the CPU to get into and has been for years, the midfield don't drop/track and the defence don't squeeze.

As far as EA go in saying they are the best and have the most up to date player database, try searching for some players and they are not even recognised.

I wonder why they skate around?
I mean face scans etc,but they must do full scans for some profile players right?

Why do they intentionally have movement like this?

EA were very proud on their footplanting for their NBA games for instance.

I wonder why they skate around?
Why do they intentionally have movement like this?

Their animation system (movement of limbs) can be controlled by algorithms, it's not just fixed captured animations. Because they want variety and responsiveness. So when you power up a shot for example, the player may slide a bit or his feet may move awkwardly so that he can strike the ball at a specific moment in time. It's a design choice, it's not frostbite. If you want fixed animations you can load them up in any engine and they will play out perfectly every single time.

Yes it looks crap, no other game would do this crap, especially a multiplayer/competitive game because all animations have to be predictable so that you can get used to how many frames each action takes and you can learn to time whatever it is you can do in the game.

In fifa it's just random garbage. How can you time a tackle if your opponent moves like a freaking chicken flapping his legs uncontrollably.

Last edited:
What are all these button combos? Hard tackle? What is that anyway? Are they trying to create a fighting game or a footbal game? Now you have to press L2 to turn around, fake shoot to gain speed advantage, L1+R1 to cross. I am so confused by all this. Football is supposed to be a simple game.

What are all these button combos? Hard tackle? What is that anyway? Are they trying to create a fighting game or a footbal game? Now you have to press L2 to turn around, fake shoot to gain speed advantage, L1+R1 to cross. I am so confused by all this. Football is supposed to be a simple game.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. I've never felt so old...

It's also a codemasters arcade racing game, you can hit a button combo to rewind and try a shot/pass again!
And because of their stupid rewind, super cancel is gone. Or is it because of the new cancel foul advantage button combo?

Last edited:
We've gotten somewhere with the sliders and the midfield track back is much better. Not perfect, but better. Hoping to get a test/base set out shortly.

Great work Matt.
Is it just me or is there a liveliness and variety in teammate attacking AI that hasnt really been in fifa before?
I know we're mostly tearing it to shreds here but your sliders generally produce a very different game to the early videos, and it just seems to me that there might be some positive elements in this game...

We're onto just out-and-out insults now...
The fifa playerbase on average is, what, 14 years old? They’re not going to be reasonable. It’s why I gave up playing multiplayer football games years ago, I’d receive abuse frequently if I beat my opponent.

Twitter is a cesspit at the best of times - combine that with FIFA and the 14 year old FUT player and it’s a deep, depressing hole of abusive negativity.

Back
Top Bottom