FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Didn't notice a speed difference offline for me.. But my god online seasons was awful... So fast! And I'm fed up of every time playing against assisted passers.

Just tried, no changes regarding speed at all, i don't know it looks even less super agile in "normal", looks like there's added some animations transitions that makes less teleportation from a position to another. And yes, when you're tired you see things moving faster, it's psychic, no joke i learned psychology etc.
Your brain just can't take too much information by second so it "switch" some. And things looks faster.

It's still fast, but no more than another Fifa (don't remember about the 21, i can say i didn't played it as it wasn't really a session)
Before it was clearly to me the faster Fifa i ever played, no troll, but probably due to missing things.

Even, it's more compact and defence seems more and more cutting passes. Well i don't know if it's me after just one game but i feel it could be more solid.

Just tried, no changes regarding speed at all, i don't know it looks even less super agile in "normal", looks like there's added some animations transitions that makes less teleportation from a position to another. And yes, when you're tired you see things moving faster, it's psychic, no joke i learned psychology etc.
Your brain just can't take too much information by second so it "switch" some. And things looks faster.

It's still fast, but no more than another Fifa (don't remember about the 21, i can say i didn't played it as it wasn't really a session)
Before it was clearly to me the faster Fifa i ever played, no troll, but probably due to missing things.

Even, it's more compact and defence seems more and more cutting passes. Well i don't know if it's me after just one game but i feel it could be more solid.
i dont wanna be the guy who was "just" tired that night, but was part of making the community go crazy! :LOL:
as i said before, i played only 2 games last night. will report back this weekend for sure and let you guys know whats up on my side.
still i stand to what i've said. for now. i'm not shy admitting otherwise.

It's more dynamic without the ball, in defence, but in the good way.
Don't worry we're used to games and detect stuff, i got exactly the same more than once.

Like i remember one boss on Bloodborne i was too slow and tired to beat him, impossible to found the good timing.
The next day, i retried and killed him at the first try, i surpised myself to me he was hard as hell, no joke. It's on any games or even things you do on your everyday life.
Sometimes there's some stuffs (like the patterns boss in my case) i couldn't focus on and it seemed too fast too me. Football game pro analysis or not since 10 or 20 years, it's the same for everyone mate. You can't say it's a global feeling or a preference, no, it's something else.

But it's even more hard when you got tons of little guys running all around... It's confusing and you got a bigger visual pollution let's say.

I think I have seen one single instance of a keeper coming out of goal in a one on one. When am I going to get a chance to go for a cheeky lob?

It's more dynamic without the ball, in defence, but in the good way.
Don't worry we're used to games and detect stuff, i got exactly the same more than once.

Like i remember one boss on Bloodborne i was too slow and tired to beat him, impossible to found the good timing.
The next day, i retried and killed him at the first try, i surpised myself to me he was hard as hell, no joke. It's on any games or even things you do on your everyday life.
Sometimes there's some stuffs (like the patterns boss in my case) i couldn't focus on and it seemed too fast too me. Football game pro analysis or not since 10 or 20 years, it's the same for everyone mate. You can't say it's a global feeling or a preference, no, it's something else.

But it's even more hard when you got tons of little guys running all around... It's confusing and you got a bigger visual pollution let's say.
the toddlers!! :D i just love that word!
the kids keeping you awake/busy... thats why you dont notice it, is that it, what you try to say!? :D
edit: lets put a sticker on the packaging then: "best played with toddlers around"! :LOL:

if only i could be sure its me, my tiredness... man, i need facts!
giphy.gif

like this! :LOL:

edit: look what i just found on steam:
fifa toddler edition.jpg
;)

Last edited:
Toddlers? Well you call it like that, when you play on a game with 22 players even if you don't see all at once, moving, with a long view camera and some moving and doing many differents movements + many things/people around that pitch moving (or not) yes 😅

I think I have seen one single instance of a keeper coming out of goal in a one on one. When am I going to get a chance to go for a cheeky lob?
My liverpool v leciester video has a salah one on one to make it 1-1 . Casper comes off his line but it's more of a dink over than a long. I remember the old iss /pes games where you could lob from 20 yards because keeper was so far off their line ..it's a fine line I guess to be get the right balance as you don't want to be spamming lobs all the time which would happen online

It was the very first ISS long pass at the launch (corrected on Deluxe version), but if you gotted on console without taking ISS, FIFA 10 was litterally almost perfect, but lobs has killed the game. They didn't found one patch to resolve it, i still don't get it. Let's say they reached to reduce 15 goal on 20 by lob by 12 goal on 20.
The very first with 360 degree movement, what a pleasure it was, until someone discovered it. Well it should have been more difficult to patch in the past, without the full application installed on the HDD i suppose.

Ah yes 1-2 on Iss Pro 2 , and if you talk about PSX PES lobs where super effective on the 1st version even more than the ISS 98 version.

Toddlers? Well you call it like that, when you play on a game with 22 players even if you don't see all at once, moving, with a long view camera and some moving and doing many differents movements + many things/people around that pitch moving (or not) yes 😅
oh i thought you were talking about kids running around you at work when you play FIFA!
man, my whole joking today was based on that! :LOL:

the kids keeping you awake/busy... thats why you dont notice it, is that it, what you try to say!?
:LMAO:No just the players on the pitch, and the guys around the pitch like steward, and other guys around the bench, the spectators etc.
Don't have kids mate but it could be very, very annoying haha that's why you need a desk and a room to play when you got kids

:LMAO:No just the players on the pitch, and the guys around the pitch like steward, and other guys around the bench, the spectators etc.
Don't have kids mate but it could be very, very annoying haha that's why you need a desk and a room to play when you got kids
i admit, they also can behave like toddlers sometimes! :D

fail-stumble.gif

Really into my Career Mode now, but encountered a disappointing bug. Played an epic match that I lost, and went to look at the stats post-match, returned to the first post-match screen, clicked Advance (post-match interview option was gone) – and out in the Career Mode main menu I was back at the pre-match calendar for the same match that I'd just played. A disappointing immersion-breaker, as I like what happens in a football game to be what's happened forever. I've seen this bug mentioned as affecting a lot of online players. They're able to get another go at a lost match, or get the stats revoked or something, so it's 1000% guaranteed that this issue is at or very near the top of EA's priority list. I'd be surprised if it wasn't nuked in a Live Update as I type this.

I think I prefer a mix of OS sliders v2 & v3. I went ahead and changed the sliders at the same time as installing the patch, so I didn’t allow myself to spot the differences in isolation - but, the defensive teamwork issues & passivity particularly around the 6-12 yard zone feels even worse now.

Looking at the sliders’ changes from v2 to v4 they all seem to be tweaks that would heighten these flaws - increased CPU pass speed, minimal error increase from default, reduced defensive line height, increased defensive width, default acceleration… it all plays into the frantic passing by the front line

I’m sure there are things I should be doing differently from a defensive aspect - I just feel that I have to move defenders because of their dropping too deep and killing the offside line, but I have to move midfielders otherwise they won’t participate or track back or close off passing lanes. And I’m finding a lot of the time I end up damaging my defensive shape because L1 changes me to the wrong player and so I make somebody run off into the distance when I’m expecting to be pressuring the ball.

Still enjoying it overall. I’m conscious I’ve also switched to manual which means I’m losing the ball more and am having to do more defending, so this is all the more apparent. I just thought it was odd that the OS sliders lean into this glaring weakness of the game.

Oh - I’ve also changed the shot error for me, because 65 combined with 50 CPU keeper ability, 49 shot speed and manual shooting makes trying to score simple chances feel like a horrible anxiety dream…!

Unfortunately, the deep defensive line that is built into this game means we can't have a very high pass speed - at least not without significantly raising pass error (and lose all variety), so the 40 pass speed is amended, and we're back to 30 pass speed for the CPU.

---------------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/14/2021 | 11:52 PM CST --- Updated set to reduce pass speed for the CPU back to 30. Unfortunately the deep defensive line just cannot handle the faster pass speeds. Pass speed at 35 for the harder sets.

Timestamp: 10/14/2021 | 3:07 PM CST --- Version 4 + Other sets posted. Please read explanation in spoilers below!

Timestamp: 10/14/2021 | 9:16 AM CST --- There will be an update today. Version 4, which really isn't anything drastic, but just to keep it simple.

Timestamp: 10/12/2021 | 4:55 PM CST --- Managed to stream a bit with the Sprint, RF at Width and like what I saw. I did see some opportunties to increase width and even up sprint though. Width was actually a really nice spot because it allowed the central mids to stay a bit more goal-side and in front of the passing lanes. I haven't had a chance to test this for too long though, but I would like to hear some thoughts on it.

So the following are basically confirmed good:

Sprint 15/15 - CPU still stays in challenges, doesn't feel dominating against them either. Also helps some reaction spots for defenders/midfielders relative to CTT's (aggressive int vs conservative, etc).

RF 10/10 - Still good with it because it allows the midfielders to support the attack relative to their instructions, such as a mid who is set to be on the edge of the box, etc.

Still needs testing:

Width 55/55 - Nice spot because it allowed the central mids to stay a bit more goal-side and in front of the passing lanes. They did less of getting in eachother's way as a result. Of course different tactics can make this more varied.

Timestamp: 10/12/2021 | 2:40 PM CST --- One last little test here is width to 50. I've been playing with it for a day or so now. Just keeps an emphasis on those central mids not running into eachother so often - making the passes forward a bit easier.

So recap on what's being tested:

Sprint 12/15
Run Frequency 10/10
Line Width 50/50

Timestamp: 10/11/2021 | 5:24 PM CST --- 51 acceleration is just a bit too fast, despite the better reactions, but natural to FIFA, speed is the key. So back to 50 there. Sprint 15/15 is good and can possibly stay, but 12/15 is being explored after some feedback. After that, width to 48 - needs testing.

Timestamp: 10/11/2021 | 7:26 AM CST --- I do like the 15/15 Sprint, can you guys let me know how you feel about 51/51 acceleration and 48 width? Been playing with this for a bit and liking how the fatigue feels more intense, resulting in silly fouls and missed chances and the width is just a bit more covered. Paired up with the acceleration change, the attention to spacing is even sharper.

Timestamp: 10/07/2021 | 12:18 PM CST --- Posting Version 3 + Other Sets write-up, stay tuned!

Timestamp: 10/05/2021 | 11:23 PM CST --- Holding off on changes for V2B2 + Other sets as FIFA will be patched soon, first for PC and Stadia: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/608076/fifa-22-title-update-1

Timestamp: 10/05/2021 | 2:29 PM CST ---It's going to take a minute, but V2B2 + Other sets (shorter halves, harder WC, harder legendary, etc) will be posted soon. Stand by.

Timestamp: 9/27/2021 | 9:00 AM CST --- VERSION 2 BETA posted. Happy release (preorders) FIFA 22 release day! Make sure to read the detailed explanation of the values changed. Enjoy!

Timestamp: 9/25/2021 | 2:35 PM CST --- VERSION 1 BETA posted. Please remember the rules when providing feedback!

Timestamp: 9/24/2021 | 9:53 PM CST --- Should be posting the first BETA set today, so stay tuned!

Timestamp: 9/21/2021 | 8:35 PM CST --- Created FIFA 22 slider thread. There is no current slider set. Please play on DEFAULT for now. Let's give some time to test early access and determine some of the important areas for this year's game.

--------------------
--------------------

EmUtO4.png

FIFA 22 Operation Sports Sliders - Version 4 + Other Sets

Explanation of each set and their corresponding values are listed in Spoilers: Please note that this year the values of the sets are divided by a | line. Most value differences between the sets are obvious, but please ask in the thread if you have questions of why certain values were chosen. The main changes for all sets are in the following values:
Sprint 10/10 (Previous 10/15)​
Pass Error (Legendary) 52/62 (Previous 52/55)​
Run Frequency 10/10 (Previous 5/5)​
Line Width 55/55 (Previous 45/45)​
FB Positioning 60/60 (Previous 70/70)​
Version 3 was really good for pre-patch and post-patch. Now that we're in post-patch for all platforms, we can continue improving the slider set. This iteration is really to focus on better positioning in the midfield and also making sure physicality is felt, while keeping the ball free.

The following sets are additions to the base, and also addresses the customizations that are possible to make for varying preferences such as lower minutes and more difficult.

Of course, as we always say, the set(s) posted is intended as a BASE, meaning you are not hardcoded into putting in these values, and are free to modify to your own personal preferences. Remember, we test with various teams of all leagues, tactics and quality of players - so the base set posted is a rounded approach that gives enough flexibility to those who want to adjust.

With all that said, here are the explanations of each set. Please know that if the value is the same through all three sets, the writeup is repeated in explaining that specific value.

*Also, we aren't doing Ultimate difficulty this year as it's 99 overall rating for the CPU, it just doesn't make sense to dive into that unrealistic approach.*

Enjoy!

Version 4 - consists of Professional/World Class + Legendary
♦♦♦ Goal: The focus here is just establishing better feel and physicality in the right spots. The CPU makes great foot-to-ball contact, which means fouls are hard to come by. Lowering Sprint of the CPU has allowed the game to even out a bit more, and allow those moments of physicality to happen more often. After that, it's really about making the ball feel alive without constantly being on the backfoot. The widening of the midfield ensures the attacks are approached with variety. ♦♦♦​
♦♦♦ Notes and Caution: While not consistent, I do have to stress the importance of paying attention if you play on SLOW versus NORMAL game speed. I know there are a lot who want to play SLOW and love it, but I'm afraid that the same issues that plagued 21 are still there where the defenders lose track of runs - making it incredibly easy to find an open player in the box on counters, etc. I'm not saying this is 100% going to happen, but I just wanted to bring that up as transparently as possible. ♦♦♦​
If the value is the same for all difficulties, it will be listed once. If the value is different, it will be separated by a | indication. Please refer to posted image of slider set as well.
Sprint - 10/10 (Previous: 10/15)​
► The main change here is to get back the solid feel, but without the discrepancy. Even when testing 15/15 it felt too fast and sliding a lot more. The best Sprint value is relative to the pass speed value, which is why that got attention as well. We want to ensure there is more of a firm feel to players and speedsters feel like themselves, and big centerbacks feel like the obstacles they're meant to be. The key indicator with this value is the feel in the coming together of players. It doesn't feel like they are simply deflecting off one another, they are truly interacting whether it be a shirt pull or a sliding challenge.​
Acceleration - 50/50​
► In order to complement the physicality, we had to raise acceleration back to 50. The main issue with it under 50 is that the CPU struggles to start accelerating into challenges or maintaining those 1v1 situations. The working theory here is that because under 50 doesn't impact stamina, that there is less effort extended, which results in less dynamic situations that could be possible.​
Shot Error - 65/65​
► Just a slight lowering here to get more balance throughout the league. The high shot error still produces misses of all kinds of variety, but another note is that because we've lowered pass error, the User & CPU's crossing has improved, which means more heading opportunities - so lowering shot error was important to ensure there's a threat there as well.​
Pass Error - 52/52 | 52/62 (Previous: 60/60 | 52/55)​
► Lowering pass error was needed now that we have the lines and marking to a good, and consistent, place. With this error change it's opened up the way the CPU moves the ball. Switching of the field returns, lobbed passes and also whipped crosses. In Version 4, Legendary gets a slight bump as that will help with less route-one play at the top of the box.​
Shot Speed - 49/49​
► No changes here. The mix of shot power is controlled by the shot error. There are still the deflections out for corners, and also enough pace in which the keeper can't get to the ball.​
Pass Speed - 40/30 (Previous 40/40) *amended*​
► Unfortunately, the change in increasing pass speed to the original version 4 just wasn't going to work because of the deep defensive line. The CPU loves to pass quickly and pass error can't afford to be raised much more.​
Injury Frequency - 75/75​
► Tested a lot of 80 and it resulted in fairly consistent injuries, so dropped it down just a tad to something we've used in the past that works well again.​
Injury Severity - 25/25​
► Tested at 30 for the majority of the time, so of course found a good balance reaching another value we've used before at 25. Good variety of injuries from torn ACL's to bruised shoulders. Sometimes players need to be subbed off, sometimes just treatment or walk it off.​
GK Ability - 50/50​
► There are enough odd animations with keepers this year that it didn't make sense to "play around" and keep using values under 50.​
Marking - 70/70​
► No changes with marking thankfully because it was a hard value to find a proper balance for, relative to the set we have. Teams that press will not hide that fact and they may overcommit, but just like they would in the real match, they will do their best to recover from vulnerable positions. The drop back teams will be aggressive when it matters, but will not give up so much space in 1v1 situations.​
Run Frequency - 10/10 (Previous: 5/5)​
► This helps with a bit more variety and to also compensate for the increased width that is applied throughout all sets, which make the center of the pitch much more harder to navigate through. It does introduce secondary runs, which will increase the challenge slightly for those who are not setting up their tactics or play style to anticipate through passes. The combination of pass speed and pass error will allow the ball to be more free though, so just because more runs doesn't equal more opportunities.​
● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. [/color]​
Height - 65/65​
► Again, no changes here as it is a value that has been tested [significantly] and does not do anything. Cosmetic purposes only.​
Length - 25/25​
► No changes as this is an important value and has been through a lot of sample sizes throughout. As mentioned above, the run frequency will extend the pitch, but so will the length as it controls the types of runs that are made. While the slider value of Height does nothing, the length will assist in height tactics that teams choose, which is why there are still offsides and not just defenders following deeply into the box or endline. As always, we want compression and decompression, and these combinations of values allow that to exist.​
Width - 55/55 (Previous 45/45)​
► A big change throughout all the sets because of how well it brings in coverage in the middle of the pitch. Before at 45 the central midfielders would run into eachother and essentially give away the passing lanes, making it fairly mindless to pass forward. With this adjustment, the midfielders have a bit more space between each other, and are able to focus on their "1v1" or passing lane.​
FB Pos - 60/60 (Previous 70/70)​
► A slight change here just to get the fullbacks to drop back earlier so it's not a constant counter-attack, regardless of tactics. Some teams that play high press can get caught out, but this will help give them a bit more of a chance. FB will still get up the pitch per instructions with no issues.​
FT Control - 85/85​
► No changes. The control is too silky smooth on default, so a significant bump was needed. We usually don't want to raise FT so high with a low pass - but because the driven pass still exists, it should be built as a risk/reward, and that's exactly what this does. It also makes for some great sloppy play as well.​

Harder World Class + Harder Legendary
♦♦♦ Goal: While a lot of values here are similar to the version 4 posted, there are certain areas that stand out to make the gameplay a bit more challenging for the respective difficulties. ♦♦♦​
♦♦♦ Notes and Caution: While not consistent, I do have to stress the importance of paying attention if you play on SLOW versus NORMAL game speed. I know there are a lot who want to play SLOW and love it, but I'm afraid that the same issues that plagued 21 are still there where the defenders lose track of runs - making it incredibly easy to find an open player in the box on counters, etc. I'm not saying this is 100% going to happen, but I just wanted to bring that up as transparently as possible. ♦♦♦​
If the value is the same for all difficulties, it will be listed once. If a value does not change from the previous version, there will not be a new writeup for that specific value. Please refer to posted image of slider set as well.
► The main change here is to get back the solid feel, but without the discrepancy. Even when testing 15/15 it felt too fast and sliding a lot more. The best Sprint value is relative to the pass speed value, which is why that got attention as well. We want to ensure there is more of a firm feel to players and speedsters feel like themselves, and big centerbacks feel like the obstacles they're meant to be. The key indicator with this value is the feel in the coming together of players. It doesn't feel like they are simply deflecting off one another, they are truly interacting whether it be a shirt pull or a sliding challenge.​
Acceleration - 50/51 | 50/50​
► A slight discrepancy for the World Class set to ensure the CPU has just a bit of an advantage. As users, we have the freedom away from the programming, so a 1pt advantage isn't so significant that it will be unrealistic, but it should be challenging. Legendary is challenging as is without creating this discrepancy, but feel free to do so if needed.​
Shot Error - 65/55 | 55/55​
► The shot error is fairly straightforward here as the user will be at a tad disadvantage compared to the CPU.​
Pass Error - 52/50 | 55/55 (Previous 52/50 | 55/50)​
► A slight raise for the CPU on Harder Legendary as pass speed has increased. Pass error controls everything, and when the CPU is closer to 50, it just becomes a bit more of a challenge. The pass speed will help the CPU more, but they will try to exploit the user's positioning more directly.​
Shot Speed - 49/49​
► The mix of shot power is controlled by the shot error. There are still the deflections out for corners, and also enough pace in which the keeper can't get to the ball.​
Pass Speed - 40/30 (Previous 40/40) *amended*​
► Unfortunately, the change in increasing pass speed to the original version 4 just wasn't going to work because of the deep defensive line. The CPU loves to pass quickly and pass error can't afford to be raised much more.​
► Tested a lot of 80 and it resulted in fairly consistent injuries, so dropped it down just a tad to something we've used in the past that works well again.​
Injury Severity - 25/25​
► Tested at 30 for the majority of the time, so of course found a good balance reaching another value we've used before at 25. Good variety of injuries from torn ACL's to bruised shoulders. Sometimes players need to be subbed off, sometimes just treatment or walk it off.​
GK Ability - 50/50​
► There are enough odd animations with keepers this year that it didn't make sense to "play around" and keep using values under 50.​
Marking - 70/70​
► No changes with marking thankfully because it was a hard value to find a proper balance for, relative to the set we have. Teams that press will not hide that fact and they may overcommit, but just like they would in the real match, they will do their best to recover from vulnerable positions. The drop back teams will be aggressive when it matters, but will not give up so much space in 1v1 situations.​
Run Frequency - 10/10 (Previous: 5/5)​
► This helps with a bit more variety and to also compensate for the increased width that is applied throughout all sets, which make the center of the pitch much more harder to navigate through. It does introduce secondary runs, which will increase the challenge slightly for those who are not setting up their tactics or play style to anticipate through passes. The combination of pass speed and pass error will allow the ball to be more free though, so just because more runs doesn't equal more opportunities.​
● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. [/color]​
Height - 65/65​
► Again, no changes here as it is a value that has been tested [significantly] and does not do anything. Cosmetic purposes only.​
Length - 25/25​
► No changes as this is an important value and has been through a lot of sample sizes throughout. As mentioned above, the run frequency will extend the pitch, but so will the length as it controls the types of runs that are made. While the slider value of Height does nothing, the length will assist in height tactics that teams choose, which is why there are still offsides and not just defenders following deeply into the box or endline. As always, we want compression and decompression, and these combinations of values allow that to exist.​
► A big change throughout all the sets because of how well it brings in coverage in the middle of the pitch. Before at 45 the central midfielders would run into eachother and essentially give away the passing lanes, making it fairly mindless to pass forward. With this adjustment, the midfielders have a bit more space between each other, and are able to focus on their "1v1" or passing lane.​
► A slight change here just to get the fullbacks to drop back earlier so it's not a constant counter-attack, regardless of tactics. Some teams that play high press can get caught out, but this will help give them a bit more of a chance. FB will still get up the pitch per instructions with no issues.​
FT Control - 85/65 | 85/75​
► The first touches will be a bit softer for the CPU than they are on 85+, but not to the point they are absorbed into the players' feet unrealistically.​

Shorter Halves World Class + Harder Legendary
♦♦♦ Goal: The core of version 4 still holds true in these sets, but with less time to play, we need to bump up some values and lower some errors to ensure it's not just frustration being experienced. We still want there to be enough of a challenge, but also do not want to remove the possibilities of experiencing the variety of play that this year's game has brought us. ♦♦♦​
If the value is the same for all difficulties, it will be listed once. If a value does not change from the previous version, there will not be a new writeup for that specific value. Please refer to posted image of slider set as well.
Acceleration - 50/50​
► No need to modify this value as we're not going for more sped up animations just because there is less time being experienced.​
Shot Error - 55/55​
► The high shot error still produces misses of all kinds of variety, but another note is that because we've lowered pass error, the User & CPU's crossing has improved, which means more heading opportunities - so lowering shot error was important to ensure there's a threat there as well.​
Pass Error - 52/52 | 52/62 (52/52 | 52/55)​
► A slight bump in pass error since pass speed has increased. The 62 helps the Version 4 Legendary set, and should do the same here. Feel free to lower the pass error to make it harder. Pass error controls everything, and when the CPU is closer to 50, it just becomes a bit more of a challenge. The pass speed will help the CPU more, but they will try to exploit the user's positioning more directly. A slight discrepancy in favor of the user on the Legendary set as we've increased the run frequencies.​
Shot Speed - 49/49 | 50/50​
► A bit of a strange one here because the shot speed at 49 on other sets seem fine, but with less time (tested 4-8 mins), the legendary keepers are much better and seem to make a lot of saves. Not wanting to reduce GK Ability, the next option was to raise shot speed, which has actually balanced the set to have a mix of shots and still have shot error control the behavior of the shots.​
Pass Speed - 40/30 (Previous 40/40) *amended* | Harder World Class + Legendary 40/35​
► Unfortunately, the change in increasing pass speed to the original version 4 just wasn't going to work because of the deep defensive line. The CPU loves to pass quickly and pass error can't afford to be raised much more. Pass speed at 35 for the harder sets.​
Injury Severity - 25/25​
GK Ability - 50/50​
Marking - 70/70 | 60/60​
► The discrepancy here is that World Class needs a bit more help in aggression in 1v1's, while Legendary does well in balancing the space between the players, but is still aggressive when there's an opportunity to tackle. With less match time, it's important that there is a bit more room to breathe on the higher difficulty as well. Teams that press will not hide that fact and they may overcommit, but just like they would in the real match, they will do their best to recover from vulnerable positions. The drop back teams will be aggressive when it matters, but will not give up so much space in 1v1 situations.​
Run Frequency - 10/10​
► This value is raised to accomodate for less time played, which means less match action in front of goal. It also allows counters to happen a bit more often, depending on tactics of course, to help with less time played.​
Height - 65/65​
► This value has been tested [significantly] and does not do anything. Cosmetic purposes only.​
Length - 25/25​
► An important value and has been through a lot of sample sizes throughout. As mentioned above, the run frequency will extend the pitch, but so will the length as it controls the types of runs that are made. While the slider value of Height does nothing, the length will assist in height tactics that teams choose, which is why there are still offsides and not just defenders following deeply into the box or endline. As always, we want compression and decompression, and these combinations of values allow that to exist.​
FT Control - 85/65 | 85/75​
► The control is too silky smooth on default, so a significant bump was needed. We usually don't want to raise FT so high with a low pass - but because the driven pass still exists, it should be built as a risk/reward, and that's exactly what this does. It also makes for some great sloppy play as well.​

Nice one, the speed is much better, more realistic. In-fact it just resulted in my first 0-0 v the AI. Was a beautifully tight game, so balanced.

Surprised at the comments on the goalkeepers; I must've been playing a different game!

The amount of mid-range shots - especially within arm's reach and at the near post, with no significant speed - keepers were letting in were borderline game-breaking for me. Haven't had one of them post-patch. If anything, they've been too good! And if they're beaten, the woodwork comes to the rescue (way too often).

Can't say I've noticed a different in speed.

I'm playing the PC version and I have my keeper slider at 100 and my shot power slider at 60, game is really good, can hit powerful shots that when they go in you don't feel hollow because of the poor efforts by the keeper and when they save them they're usually stunning looking saves at full stretch.

One thing I've really loved in 22 is keepers making misguided attempts to come out and win the ball resulting in me chipping it over them into the goal, or even one time a sort of chipped header over the stranded keeper into the goal that looked great!

[Mod edit to clarify]

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't notice a speed difference offline for me.. But my god online seasons was awful... So fast! And I'm fed up of every time playing against assisted passers.
Its a totally different game online. When you play PES online its a simplified version and feels like 50% of the gameplay has been removed. I couldnt believe it when i went online with Fifa 22 and it was very similar in that it feels like a simpler version although not as bad as PES 50% more like about 30%. Horrible. Youd expect EA to have mastered online at this point.

On 2hrs left of my trial.

loving it still after the patch.
World Class, slow , FUMA. Put a great passing move together, span on the edge of the box with Grealish and finessed it right into row Z. 😂. Proper satisfying.
It’s feels great to be able to pick your passes and even tailor them based on defenders positions etc.
I hadn’t realize I still had assisted jockeying on. Seems to help with it off as I guess when you are using L2 to position , there is a constant fight and balance between AI assistance and your choices ?

* I know I’ve gone about it before but I can’t believe how going FUMA has changed the game for me. Yes, there’s issues with defence and fouls but haven’t enjoyed it this much since the old PES. Getting spanked 3-0 off Crystal Palace as West Ham in career and loving it haha

Last edited:
I haven't tried the new sliders yet, but there is definitely still an issue with passive defence, as people have said. I suppose it will always be that way with 1v1.

Played a match as Newport v Bradford and I'm looking forward to starting in the 2nd division with a made up club like the old master leagues.

Seems to help with it off as I guess when you are using L2 to position , there is a constant fight and balance between AI assistance and your choices ?
I think it only supposed to help you match AI speed and wont mess with your directions, but I prefer to have it off myself. Sometimes I intentionally slow down to set a trap when I know they'll be cutting inside.
It does produce a bit more challenge tho, as when they dribble and speed up - you have to be on the ball not to lose them.

Hi mate. Yesterday evening, it was holiday on ice.
Barca Vs FC Seville

But today, the game was better than it was before the patch.
The speed is perfect. I check my settings and I was on normal.
First match : Juventus vs Inter.

First shot on goal for Inter, first goal. Damned GK look shit. In the first half i took 3 goals.
Ok on a master class pass, I reduced the score by 1-3 but the final score was 1-4!

Ok, i changed the settings and i choose 65/65 for GK on sliders.
Baaaaaaaang, like Prodigy said :OMG that a funky shit!

GK are like before but better on long shots !
I have made a Boca vs River Plate, I lose 1-2 in a great match.

New match with Italy vs Portugal.

What a great opposition, the match is real closed but Portugal scores first and i didn't managed to egalised !

Last game : a classic of Premier League : Liverpool vs United.

Men, the ambiance was unreal at Antfield.
I'm managed to score first with a smart header of Mané, De Gea is beaten.
With an assist of CR7, United is back in the game, Sancho made a marvelous chest control with a volley. Sublim!
I want to win this classico, and Salah on a long shots from Allison is the first on the ball and win his 1 vs 1 on De Gea!
What a match!

This patch is perfect, change only sliders of GK to 65/65!

Last edited:

They don't go on many walkabouts. If I see them inch out just a little, I tend to gamble because who doesn't love chocolate chips.

I created a player (65 rated) and I'm utilizing player-lock in Career Mode because the actual player career is fundamentally broken in my opinion. It's good fun.

For Player Career proper, the manager gives you unreasonable objectives to accomplish and if you don't complete them, it lowers your manager trust rating (which dictates your standing within the squad). He'll throw you on with 12-minutes to go and demand you score a goal from outside the box, get a 7.0 match rating, and do a certain amount of dribbles. With 12-minutes to go. Your performance is irrelevant as well. I was playing CM and in two matches where I came off the bench, I scored in both of them, had a high pass percentage, and won us a match, but I ended up getting a negative rating because I couldn't complete his arbitrary objectives. It makes no sense and seems similar to the NHL games.

I'm trying so hard to like this game and there are certain things that are done really well but I still think overall, it's an inferior playing experience to FIFA 16 in terms of smoothness and balance. The patch didn't seem to change too much on the XBSX which was both a good and a bad thing. On this next gen tech they should be able to provide smoother animation transitions than this. I hope they can continue to improve the game throughout it's 11 month remaining lifespan because there's the genesis of a fantastic game if they keep improving it. The graphics on the SX are definitely a step-up but the matrix-type super fast animations at times takes away the realism for me. Zero complaints about the dribbling though, they are definitely going in the right direction with that, it's a great feeling picking off a lose ball and charging off for a counter-attack.

I'm trying so hard to like this game and there are certain things that are done really well but I still think overall, it's an inferior playing experience to FIFA 16 in terms of smoothness and balance. The patch didn't seem to change too much on the XBSX which was both a good and a bad thing. On this next gen tech they should be able to provide smoother animation transitions than this. I hope they can continue to improve the game throughout it's 11 month remaining lifespan because there's the genesis of a fantastic game if they keep improving it. The graphics on the SX are definitely a step-up but the matrix-type super fast animations at times takes away the realism for me. Zero complaints about the dribbling though, they are definitely going in the right direction with that, it's a great feeling picking off a lose ball and charging off for a counter-attack.
5E94057B-1334-43F6-9785-DC6BB766074E.gif

Back
Top Bottom