FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Has this been posted yet? Looks like Fifa is finally wanting to stop the monopoly EA has on football games and this is why EA are looking into changing the name of the game rather than EA dropping the name as we were lead to believe.

This canconly be a great thing moving forwards especially as it seems we could be getting a few new football games.
Just wait for Konami to get it.........

@Chris Davies had a great theory about EA parting ways with FIFA.
This might actually give them option to edit teams, add sponsors and customise stadiums. It could, potentially, expand the edit mode.

Can you over simplify kicking a standing ball? 😁
I meant performing them. You shoot and you move your stick to bend the trajectory. Thats sensible soccer level of mechanics. It hasnt changed since early Pes games. And 9/10 goes if you are half decent.
I much prefer applying curve before shot myself, having to give an approximate guess to where the ball is going to end up. Your initial target aim have to take into account the spin you are planning to apply. Its cool and its rewarding.

I had a lovely old time with full manual yesterday. I switched to the Co-op cam as somebody mentioned it previously, and I think the camera swing of the EA gamecam makes getting into FUMA so difficult. It’s just so much easier to play now! So much less of my brain time is committed to working out if I’m pressing the right direction, so more can be spent on the football. 100% recommend for people getting to grips with it.

I still mess up fairly frequently (see the underhit pass to van de Beek in the below) but before Coop cam it was getting in the way of having fun. At least now I’m getting good stints of playing nice football with only the odd pass to an invisible player.

Had any one tired the aggressive interception with their defenders and the step up instruction to assist with better CPU run tracking ?

Fun Cup match vs KSC - pending FIFA OS Sliders - version 5 (values in the description)

Sprint: 15/20 - same gap we've used before, but higher values so more room to sprint for user to catch up.
Accel: 50/50
Shot Error: 65/65
Pass Error: 52/52
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 40/30
Inj Freq: 75/75
Inj Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 70/70
Run Freq: 50/50 - Biggest change that has proven to be the essential change. Thought it would go a bit haywire, but works perfectly with our set. Helps defenders anticipate where to be, and also brings in variety for the forward's play (passing backwards versus constantly waiting for a through ball). This also allows teams to stay true to their instructions in the CTTs rather than be influenced on the sliders.
Height: 65/65
Length: 25/25
Width: 55/55
FB Positioning: 50/50 - Keeping any type of run values alone. The FB listens to instructions regardless, no need to influence them.
FT Control: 85/85
Hey:WOOT:
I applaud your choice of teams Matt! :APPLAUD:
never in my life I’ve thought you play these… consider me surprised. :WOOT: pleasantly! :D

I had a lovely old time with full manual yesterday. I switched to the Co-op cam as somebody mentioned it previously, and I think the camera swing of the EA gamecam makes getting into FUMA so difficult. It’s just so much easier to play now! So much less of my brain time is committed to working out if I’m pressing the right direction, so more can be spent on the football. 100% recommend for people getting to grips with it.

I still mess up fairly frequently (see the underhit pass to van de Beek in the below) but before Coop cam it was getting in the way of having fun. At least now I’m getting good stints of playing nice football with only the odd pass to an invisible player.

Because that camera is so straight on it makes the goals look absolutely tiny. I dont know why EA dont offer angle for the camera option. I guess the engine limits it.

Had any one tired the aggressive interception with their defenders and the step up instruction to assist with better CPU run tracking ?

Was about to ask something similar. I’ve started to really enjoy the game on slow, full manual, World Class and using OS sliders with a few tweaks.

However, something that I haven’t been able to figure out is how to engage my central midfielders in pressing strikers when they receive the ball. As soon as the ball crosses the midfield line, central midfielders just stand there looking at the opposing strikers in a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 situation against my defenders. I believe this is also the reason why you almost never see central forwards passing the ball to the wing, because they have a lot of freedom to face the central defender in a 1 vs 1.

I tried changing individual instructions for my CDM and still did not see any difference.

Has anyone found a solution for this? By the way, this is not something I experience only on my defensive end. Would also like opposing CDMs pressing my forwards more, and not just have Kante or Casemiro looking at my striker roam freely in front of the box.

Really quite happy with this slider update. Haven't had a chance to do a full write-up, but I've given my thoughts on the changes. Enjoy!

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/16/2021 | 8:08 AM CST ---

Here is the Version 5 set. I'm a bit pressed for time today, so will do the write-up in full a bit later. Hope you all understand. Any questions about the values in the meantime, just ask.

The main comment I will make about the Run Frequency is how important custom team tactics (CTTs) are, and when we mess with this value too often, things can get out of sync. As I always say, all sliders are relative, and this "default" run frequency value is incredibly important to our set. It introduces not only more variety of attack but also variety in defence, which is why you will see better pitch coverage, allowing all difficulties and speeds to be used.

Here is a preview of the gameplay, and the set below. As I said, I'll post the full write-up breaking down each value in a bit.

IeKVYO.png

Was about to ask something similar. I’ve started to really enjoy the game on slow, full manual, World Class and using OS sliders with a few tweaks.

However, something that I haven’t been able to figure out is how to engage my central midfielders in pressing strikers when they receive the ball. As soon as the ball crosses the midfield line, central midfielders just stand there looking at the opposing strikers in a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 situation against my defenders. I believe this is also the reason why you almost never see central forwards passing the ball to the wing, because they have a lot of freedom to face the central defender in a 1 vs 1.

I tried changing individual instructions for my CDM and still did not see any difference.

Has anyone found a solution for this? By the way, this is not something I experience only on my defensive end. Would also like opposing CDMs pressing my forwards more, and not just have Kante or Casemiro looking at my striker roam freely in front of the box.

Take them off cover wings helps. Having the CB's step up means there is less instances of the strikers receiving the ball with 500 yards of space. That's the best solution I've found as the strikers automatically take up the space between the two lines. With step up on the defence will meet them which gives you a chance to help with the central midfielders.

More and more I'm realising that FIFA is a game of positioning not tackling. Going after the other team with a single player is suicide, you have to cycle through your players and set them up so there is no gaps and then nick it off the other team. For example, when the ball goes to the striker, rather than switch to control the defender just keep controlling the midfielder and get him goal side. The defence do a decent job of holding up play.

Additionally I've upped the CPU keeper slider now. Feel some of my goals are a bit soft.

Last edited:
Really quite happy with this slider update. Haven't had a chance to do a full write-up, but I've given my thoughts on the changes. Enjoy!

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp

Here is the Version 5 set. I'm a bit pressed for time today, so will do the write-up in full a bit later. Hope you all understand. Any questions about the values in the meantime, just ask.

The main comment I will make about the Run Frequency is how important custom team tactics (CTTs) are, and when we mess with this value too often, things can get out of sync. As I always say, all sliders are relative, and this "default" run frequency value is incredibly important to our set. It introduces not only more variety of attack but also variety in defence, which is why you will see better pitch coverage, allowing all difficulties and speeds to be used.

Here is a preview of the gameplay, and the set below. As I said, I'll post the full write-up breaking down each value in a bit.

IeKVYO.png
This came in with perfect timing to have a read and be done before Bundesliga kickoff!
In halve time I’ll change the values to v5 and when the first batch of buli matches are done, I’ll have a look myself.

hey guys, the 4 matches I played this morning made me regret my „speed up statement“ regarding patch version 002 from before. Maybe a was too fast getting my impression out… please excuse.

That game!!! …with sliders (currently v4)!!

you guys probably know by now that I’m hooked on Sim Racing for quite a year now. But this game is taking me off of my rig, it’s unheard of. :LOL: I’m so glad I have a week of vacation ahead so I can fulfill all my gaming and simulation needs next week.

match after match I play, addicted as F, man… it really is a joy! :D

Last edited:
That game!!! …with sliders (currently v4)!!

you guys probably know by now that I’m hooked on Sim Racing for quite a year now. But this game is taking me off of my rig, it’s unheard of. :LOL: I’m so glad I have a week of vacation ahead so I can fulfill all my gaming and simulation needs next week.

match after match I play, addicted as F, man… it really is a joy! :D
What do you play sim racing wise? I love sim racing, normally race with race dept. Not played though since April since I Got my series x

Does anyone else find the AI are awful at penalties?

Out of about 10 penalties in games and in a shoot out, I've seen the AI score twice, I saved 2 and the rest they either missed completely or hit the post/bar. Surely this is a bug and they should be more clinical than that at penalties?

Trying hard to really enjoy this, I don't know to explain it but gameplay wise even with sliders just doesn't feel as good on the pitch as pes2021. I'm talking about the weight of the ball/players/ball physics/randomness. The pitch seems smaller on Fifa, I like the patient build-up and physical battles and so far I'm not getting much of that. I have been a PES player since 99 but I was a fifa guy before that. Maybe its just not me. Everything is perfect until you take to the pitch. I've still got some hours left of the trial to use up so I'll keep playing it and maybe it may click.

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp

IeKVYO.png
Wahoo! Those sliders are really making this game shine. Much more physical too.

Anyone else sick and tired of the celebrations? Run to the corner flag and punch it. Run to the corner flag and jump over it. Repeat repeat repeat... When they played the 11v11 for hypermotion surely to fuck they got them to do a few celebrations? Or did those that scored just run to the corner flag and box it or jump over it?

Pes had the same celebrations for years but at least they were a bit varied. Game has only been out 3 weeks and am bored of the players running to the corner flag already.

At least Konami put a bit of effort in at some time.

Last edited:
I’ve gone back to the original slider set. Not sure what it was but I didn’t enjoy the new tweaks at all. When I upped the pass bar to 70 too, it also took away the fineness of passing and made it almost like assisted. There was no touch or sense of power to it anymore. Back to the original and loving it again.

Strange too. At the end of my trial on Xbox, the game went off and back on again and it says I have less than 10 hours but let’s me keep playing even though the trial was over. Anyone else had that ?

Last edited:
Anyone else sick and tired of the celebrations? Run to the corner flag and punch it. Run to the corner flag and jump over it. Repeat repeat repeat... When they played the 11v11 for hypermotion surely to fuck they got them to do a few celebrations? Or did those that scored just run to the corner flag and box it or jump over it?

Pes had the same celebrations for years but at least they were a bit varied. Game has only been out 3 weeks and am bored of the players running to the corner flag already.

This is why I like to press "X" (PS5) one time right after scoring, leaving no time for them to run to the corner flag. This way it zooms in on the player and they perform their own "uncanned corner flag" celebration.

Most of the time I won't control the player after scoring, just press "X" and see what celebration comes. At times, usually when losing, I have had to move the player into the goal so they pick it out of the net.

Has this been posted yet? Looks like Fifa is finally wanting to stop the monopoly EA has on football games and this is why EA are looking into changing the name of the game rather than EA dropping the name as we were lead to believe.

This canconly be a great thing moving forwards especially as it seems we could be getting a few new football games.

Let's hope that FifPro do the same thing as there should be far more options and competition. Wouldn't organisations/clubs etc make far more money being in multiple football titles, as well as increase their brand even further.

Trying hard to really enjoy this, I don't know to explain it but gameplay wise even with sliders just doesn't feel as good on the pitch as pes2021. I'm talking about the weight of the ball/players/ball physics/randomness. The pitch seems smaller on Fifa, I like the patient build-up and physical battles and so far I'm not getting much of that. I have been a PES player since 99 but I was a fifa guy before that. Maybe its just not me. Everything is perfect until you take to the pitch. I've still got some hours left of the trial to use up so I'll keep playing it and maybe it may click.
The pitch will feel smaller as there are less wide open spaces compared to pes 21, there was literally no midfield In the game

Huh? There's around 100 celebrations you can do by inputting the combo after you score. That's more robust than PES since you're able to do any celebration as opposed to being limited to what a player's presets are. This also doesn't count the contextual, area based celebrations (running into the stands, running to the camera man, running to your manager, celebrating with the subs, etc.) The PS5/XSX versions also have exclusive celebrations that occur late in a match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom