FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Dark Souls is my favourite series in gaming, you have fine taste sir :) I recently finished Demon’s Souls on PS5. That game kicked my ass.

And yes I agree, I’m afraid to highlight the negatives because others are having such a good time with FIFA 22.
Yeah me too, just for the positivity in that thread... It changes, it's more calm, i prefers it.
But sometimes after a session it's too much, i understand and want to rush on my keyboard... But i contain myself 😅

Sorry for "Souls" O.T., i put it under spoil

Thanks so i'm not alone here, i didn't finished Demon's Souls, but it was my first instant buy on PS5. Graphically it's superbly "remastered". Just noticed that the basis where pretty more... Basics (like no transformation for the bosses etc.) but as a big fan discovering what's the "first game" of the series is fascinating.

And also it looks more... "Fantasy" than the Dark Souls series. A bit like what Elden Rings will purpose... But i'm afraid even if love DS, it looks more a disguised Souls 4 than a very new game. In fact, i would have preferred a Bloodborne 2 (to me the best of the serie in terms of artistic, story, theme, gameplay let's say it's arguable and very different... But too me it's unique. I still got Sekiro to finish, but you know, i didn't got time at all when i buyed it, and Nioh 2 recently : Souls like but just for the B-T-A system but all, feeling etc. is a totally different experience, more mixed with an Ninja Gaiden. Great game too, hope the bestiary got much more variety than the 1st)

But guys don't worry, i totally understand why you like that FIFA. Especially about AI and CPU more challenging + the new mode to play like if it was against the best players in the world / like Esports top players. Also, the sliders seems to works better than the previous one... But didn't tried due to my bad experience in the past : good to looks videos, but when i play, all feels... Stretched and forced. I fear to try it, no joke 😬
Would only like a level under "Slow" and that would be good to me. It's also very (very) hard to like the defending system, i don't have fun with it, but i can be used to it. It's not at all the same feeling as i played until Fifa 19, something changed on the 20 and 21, i don't know what.

Edit: Also about sliders, there's a new version every 3 days guys it's really really making my head turning 🤣
I'm not used to it at all. But it's disturbing, i'm lost with it.
But if you said to me that changes are minimal between version, then it's okay no prob ;)
After a new patch it's a bit normal having a new set through

Last edited:
PES5 is great. Still. If I had ease of access, I would be playing that also. He’s completely free to write the same thing every year. All he is doing his expressing his experience, sharing. Which is what it’s all about. Not here to be in an echo chamber and I take just as much from the opinions I disagree with as the ones I agree with.
And I understand him because I always have the same issues. This years is great for me but I get his experience because that’s what it was like for me since FIfa 16 up until now.

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 13
pa
There's no real official version of FUMA

You could maybe argue that the official version of FUMA is only the options that EA forces you to use when you search for an online match using the manual filter. This would mean official FUMA would be:

1) pass and shots should be manual
2) the "Master Switch" options are all turned off (the master switch options are everything above, and including, tactical defending in my attached picture below)

After that, there are only 7 options that impact gameplay that are left up for debate really, since you can still change these options even in a manual filtered match. Those being:

FIFA Trainer
Timed Finishing
Next Player Switch Indicator
Auto Switch Move Assistance
Clearance Assistance
Player Lock
Analog Sprint

you can debate these options yourself. I can say from experience that FUMA players seem to hate the FIFA Trainer in particular (in competitive versus settings at least). With the Trainer the game is still technically full manual because the Trainer is just a UI element and doesnt remove control from you, but yeah people seem to hate it.

I created a preliminary picture of fuma settings for our FUMA discord, just so people can see and have an image of the settings. Bare in mind this is what I personally considered a good template and the settings are still up for community debate.

If EA allowed players to fully customise their own "Controller Filter" and set each setting on/off for online friendlies (instead of just one broad "Manual filter") then I think FUMa players would be forced to come to a consensus a lot faster

View attachment 128073
pass reciever lock set to EARLY will give you even more freedom. For me changes a lot how game is behaving. Even though set to LATE is default setting and is used in FUT

pa

pass reciever lock set to EARLY will give you even more freedom. For me changes a lot how game is behaving. Even though set to LATE is default setting and is used in FUT
More freedom? Can you explain it please? For me late is good because I can change the pass direction in the last second when I see that there's a better option.

More freedom? Can you explain it please? For me late is good because I can change the pass direction in the last second when I see that there's a better option.

Yeah that's why I use Late, personally. after having giving both methods a try

The ability to change pass direction last second is very valuable, particuarly considering how long it takes to power up passes on manual controls. At the last moment You can spot a last second run from a teammate, or a defender closing down the lane you were going pass to

But I'm open to hear why others prefer Early

Its entirely up to you.
For me Full is Full.
I have the whole lot on manual, even jockeying. But that doesnt mean that you cant have assisted AI clearances or stuff..
Whatever makes it comfortable for you.
I dont think we have mr.Realistic Standards here..

This is my slider weirdness all over again. I'm probably going to see it as all or nothing. Psyching myself up for the inevitable purchase of the game and getting over the mental block I have of seeing full manual as a difficulty level that I'm only 'allowed' to use when conquering Ultimate.

TCDMAOF_EC140.jpg

What annoyed me about that guy is that he just kept saying "it's cos of you FUT will be ruined". Funnily enough, me laddo, it's cos of you Career Mode will be ruined, and that's EXACTLY WHY I'm asking for separate gameplay... Sigh.

I'm partial to taking to Twitter to jump in on these conversations but you can tell that guy isn't for turning. Plus he uses 'y'all' so he's basically the worst person in the world.

There's no real official version of FUMA

You could maybe argue that the official version of FUMA is only the options that EA forces you to use when you search for an online match using the manual filter. This would mean official FUMA would be:

1) pass and shots should be manual
2) the "Master Switch" options are all turned off (the master switch options are everything above, and including, tactical defending in my attached picture below)

After that, there are only 7 options that impact gameplay that are left up for debate really, since you can still change these options even in a manual filtered match. Those being:

FIFA Trainer
Timed Finishing
Next Player Switch Indicator
Auto Switch Move Assistance
Clearance Assistance
Player Lock
Analog Sprint

you can debate these options yourself. I can say from experience that FUMA players seem to hate the FIFA Trainer in particular (in competitive versus settings at least). With the Trainer the game is still technically full manual because the Trainer is just a UI element and doesnt remove control from you, but yeah people seem to hate it.

I created a preliminary picture of fuma settings for our FUMA discord, just so people can see and have an image of the settings. Bare in mind this is what I personally considered a good template and the settings are still up for community debate.

If EA allowed players to fully customise their own "Controller Filter" and set each setting on/off for online friendlies (instead of just one broad "Manual filter") then I think FUMa players would be forced to come to a consensus a lot faster

View attachment 128073

Thanks for that. It is indeed those seven options that was concerning me most. Well, I hadn't actually considered the trainer as I didn't necessarily see it as a control thing.

When I last used full manual in FIFA (about five years ago) it was a lot more straightforward!

getting over the mental block I have of seeing full manual as a difficulty level that I'm only 'allowed' to use when conquering Ultimat
See my approach was a completely different.
I absolutely despised the way modern football games on higher difficulties were turning a game into frustrating mess with laser guided AI terminators. I couldnt find any joy in such sweaty gameplay.
The only way to get anything closer to realism, with AI errors, missed shots and build up - was to lower difficulty.
But then it was too easy.
So in order to balance that - I had to change something on my side as well.
Thats how I ended up playing Full Manual.
So for me it wasnt Next Level in my football gaming conquest. It was Survival, to try to find some joy in them.

But it cant be miserable experience either. You buy a game to enjoy it, not be constantly frustrated.
So I started from having just passes on manual. Then I was slowly adding more manual elements to it.
But it was never forced.
Now I have everything on manual. Not coz its cool, but because I genuinely enjoy having total control....ish. :LOL:
(Im still killing birds every now and then with my passes/shots)

Funnily enough - this is first Fifa ever I went above Professional with my settings.
Somehow, with a bit of slider tweaks - even World Class AI seems nicely balanced this year.

Maybe this is a PC related only bug with the new update but I'll re-post it here anyway just in case:

Anyone else getting this "player unavailable" bug on PC after the update?

So for my next match I have two midfielders injured and unavailable, normally when you click "Play Match" from the CM menu you get the popup about players being unavailable right? For some reason that's now been moved to the pre-game screen instead, but it's not working properly, here's how it's working (or not) for my current match:

View attachment 128123
View attachment 128124

Bannan and Adeniran are both injured. So I replace them with reserves:

View attachment 128125

You can see they're now out of the lineup and into my reserves and two available players are selected.

View attachment 128126

Next screen, pre match, available players are selected, then I click play match and:

View attachment 128127

If you click "Auto replace" it's as if you didn't just make those lineup changes, it reverts to the saved squad minus the injured players who're now replaced (and usually putting a reserve keeper on the bench which I never do!).
Anyone else experiencing this?

See my approach was a completely different.
I absolutely despised the way modern football games on higher difficulties were turning a game into frustrating mess with laser guided AI terminators. I couldnt find any joy in such sweaty gameplay.
The only way to get anything closer to realism, with AI errors, missed shots and build up - was to lower difficulty.
But then it was too easy.
So in order to balance that - I had to change something on my side as well.
Thats how I ended up playing Full Manual.
So for me it wasnt Next Level in my football gaming conquest. It was Survival, to try to find some joy in them.

But it cant be miserable experience either. You buy a game to enjoy it, not be constantly frustrated.
So I started from having just passes on manual. Then I was slowly adding more manual elements to it.
But it was never forced.
Now I have everything on manual. Not coz its cool, but because I genuinely enjoy having total control....ish. :LOL:
(Im still killing birds every now and then with my passes/shots)

Funnily enough - this is first Fifa ever I went above Professional with my settings.
Somehow, with a bit of slider tweaks - even World Class AI seems nicely balanced this year.

I totally agree; that's why I'm looking to move to full manual now. Played a few games on Legendary and the AI's like the bionic offspring of Arsenal 2002 and Barcelona 2011. The answer has to be to make the lower difficulty settings harder and that's where manual is coming in. Plus, too many of my goals are the textbook counters, which are made too easy with the assists on.

Another question:

Are players on loan at clubs not in the game still unavailable? There must be about 10 Aberdeen players who were in the game on release day but have left on loan since to teams in the Scottish lower leagues. If I want them in my squad I'm going to have to create them, aren't I?

Another question:

Are players on loan at clubs not in the game still unavailable? There must be about 10 Aberdeen players who were in the game on release day but have left on loan since to teams in the Scottish lower leagues. If I want them in my squad I'm going to have to create them, aren't I?

Yes exactly, if the club isn't in the DB the player isn't in the DB, annoying as I'm in the same boat with a few of our players that I'd like to have in career mode.

You probably already know this, but if you go to Sofifa you can choose DB version and see the player's last stats before they went out on loan (assuming they already existed in the game): https://sofifa.com/team/77/aberdeen/?r=220001&set=true Aberdeen at release version.

I’m back on a very narrow width slider setting and I’m finding it’s really helping to make the game less end to end. There’s still opportunities to counter but it’s a little more difficult to get the ball out and helps to create some more midfield play. I originally thought width this narrow didn’t make sense on NG but I’m seeing the positivities now. I haven’t found the wings to be exposed yet and I don’t find it’s ridiculously congested with players standing on top of each other.

I actually find it more possible to play in the middle, as my own teammates are closer to me also, so there’s some room for intricate passing.

Another advantage I’m seeing is the CPU is happier to hold onto the ball for longer, as there’s less gaps and they have to find a way through.

Early days but these are working well so far.

Length 90/90 EDIT: 50/50 length
Width 15/15 (could be room to go a little wider but I’ll start here for now)

Last edited:
I’m back on a very narrow width slider setting and I’m finding it’s really helping to make the game less end to end. There’s still opportunities to counter but it’s a little more difficult to get the ball out and helps to create some more midfield play. I originally thought width this narrow didn’t make sense on NG but I’m seeing the positivities now. I haven’t found the wings to be exposed yet and I don’t find it’s ridiculously congested with players standing on top of each other.

I actually find it more possible to play in the middle, as my own teammates are closer to me also, so there’s some room for intricate passing.

Another advantage I’m seeing is the CPU is happier to hold onto the ball for longer, as there’s less gaps and they have to find a way through.

Early days but these are working well so far.

Length 90/90
Width 15/15 (could be room to go a little wider but I’ll start here for now)
Will give it a go now mate

Yes exactly, if the club isn't in the DB the player isn't in the DB, annoying as I'm in the same boat with a few of our players that I'd like to have in career mode.

You probably already know this, but if you go to Sofifa you can choose DB version and see the player's last stats before they went out on loan (assuming they already existed in the game): https://sofifa.com/team/77/aberdeen/?r=220001&set=true Aberdeen at release version.

Really annoying. Wish they'd just stick them in a free agent pool.

Yeah I've just been googling '[player name] sofifa' and picking the most recent version from there. Pretty straightforward, even if the creation process isn't. It's so cumbersome on FIFA. Well, used to be - I'm assuming it's not much different if at all from FIFA 17.

Any idea if they grow to be beasts like they used to? Near enough every created player hit 85+.

Yeah it instantly condensed the play. CPU knocking it around a lot more, don't want them to resort to first triangles though. Slightly worried about them now not knocking those longer cross field passes that I've seen them do quite a bit. At the minute I've gone from 55 down to 25. Will play a bit more to see how playing styles are affected, but it is making for much more contact between teams and resistance, which I think will up the fouls.

Edit: Just got my first attacking free kick in ages 3 mins into the next game. In fact it's my first free kick in a shooting position. Siding tackle from behind and yellow card.

On the other hand gfx is just ok.. nothing impressive at all. Should be more detailed, grass is just a weak texture. Faces, the skin is weird. Some faces are poor like Lewandowski f.e. chants are very, very limited i always thought that fifa is strong here. I also noticed that strikers go forward only when im with the ball at half line... Like they are waiting for mids with the ball and then start runing forward...

Last edited:
Yeah it instantly condensed the play. CPU knocking it around a lot more, don't want them to resort to first triangles though. Slightly worried about them now not knocking those longer cross field passes that I've seen them do quite a bit. At the minute I've gone from 55 down to 25. Will play a bit more to see how playing styles are affected, but it is making for much more contact between teams and resistance, which I think will up the fouls.

Edit: Just got my first attacking free kick in ages 3 mins into the next game. In fact it's my first free kick in a shooting position. Siding tackle from behind and yellow card.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah that’ll be a good one to watch. We don’t want it to become too one touch. I’ve seen some long balls from the cpu so far.

I’m trying 50 length now and 60 marking and feel it pairs well so far. I was on 75 marking but I think with a more condensed shape, there’s less need to be chasing too much.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah that’ll be a good one to watch. We don’t want it to become too one touch. I’ve seen some long balls from the cpu so far.

I’m trying 50 length now and 60 marking and feel it pairs well so far. I was on 75 marking but I think with a more condensed shape, there’s less need to be chasing too much.
Who you playing against?

Best way is to probably play against City or someone similar and see if they go mental in attack or not.

Who you playing against?

Best way is to probably play against City or someone similar and see if they go mental in attack or not.
I played a few different teams and swapped between both sides to test. I’ll play against City now.

I haven’t found too much tika taka from my games so far. If anything I feel the CPU will hold the ball for longer as they look for passing options. This was the case on CG too with a similar setting and that held up well.

Haven't played long enough to know that at this point I'm afraid :)

Ah well. It'll all be part of the journey of discovery!

On the other hand gfx is just ok.. nothing impressive at all. Should be more detailed, grass is just a weak texture. Faces, the skin is weird. Some faces are poor like Lewandowski f.e. chants are very, very limited i always thought that fifa is strong here

Agreed. Visually, I'm totally underwhelmed by it. A shoulder shrug in 4K. And bear in mind I'm someone who plays PS2 games most of the time!

I love this game so much. Best footy game for years!! If with the next patch I have faults, wowww ! EA makes many efforts this year to ear and understand the community' hopes!
I'm strong enough like Cher on defense, the matchs are now very closed.
The match against Man City was a masterpiece.

@fernadez I just played a half as brentford v city and another half chelsea v city. I definitely felt how good city were but I didn’t see any ridiculous passing at all. They outclassed me, but scored some nice goals and forced me into errors. They also out possessed me. I wasn’t seeing this with higher width. I’d almost always have more of the ball. World class, slow.

Just for reference these are the complete sliders I’m using too:

Sprint Speed: 10/10
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 65/65
Pass Error: 52/52
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 35/35
Injury Frequency: 75/75
Injury Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 60/60
Run Frequency: 50/50
Line Height: 100/100
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 15/15
FB Positioning: 50/50
First Touch Error: 95/95

Power bar (for manual): 80

Last edited:
Becouse just after pass is made you can move reciever player immediately. Just like using super cancel. Look everything is personal preference! Play the way you enjoy it more :)

Playing on FUMA in career I think Pro difficulty is quite right except for AI defenders having a slow saunter back to goal when I am breaking on them up the wing. Often both my attackers are wide open inside the box when it's time for a cross.

Back
Top Bottom