FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Maybe with this FIFA license up in the air they have to listen to users more
Whatever it is - this year they seems to put a bit of effort into our gameplay enjoyment.
I raised a separate gameplay request before, now I asked for more injuries, Stamina to be a bit more relevant and boosts not being too overpowered.
After last patch there's no need for squad rotation, which takes away good bit of fun.

After last patch there's no need for squad rotation, which takes away good bit of fun.
Strange, it was only after the patch that my players started suffering fatigue between matches, forcing me into First XI and squad changes. Until the patch I was easily getting away with playing the same team for literally every game, barring injury, even the Cup matches 2-3 days after a league match, etc. Not so now. If anything it's gone to the other extreme and I often have to field a team with barely any stamina between them and have to find a way to grind out a result. I much prefer that, just noting an odd difference.

First game (10 min on World Class, OS Sliders) and AI is definitely more aggressive, but still only 1 Foul by the AI. I saw many unrealistic slide tackles in my half by the AI, which concerns me bit and seems like a cheap fix. But its too early to judge...

First game (10 min on World Class, OS Sliders) and AI is definitely more aggressive, but still only 1 Foul by the AI. I saw a lot unrealistic slide tackles in my half by the AI, which concerns me bit and seems like a cheap fix. But its still to early to judge...
This was my fear, 100%. The issue is more that referees ignore all physical contact that isn't an intentional leg-breaking tackle, and even then, you're lucky to see a card come out.

If suddenly all AI players try snapping you in half all the time (with no attributes used to determine the odds)... It's a change for the worse, and I say that as someone who really misses fouls and free kicks.

Also - seemingly nobody is calling for more fouls to be called against their own players (e.g. when using "jockey" to charge at AI players like a bull), only the AI's players... So it'll be *completely* imbalanced.

Every change they make for offline players is so rushed and dumbed-down. There is no attempt at understanding the root cause. Probably because the root cause would impact FUT too much.

First game (10 min on World Class, OS Sliders) and AI is definitely more aggressive, but still only 1 Foul by the AI. I saw many unrealistic slide tackles in my half by the AI, which concerns me bit and seems like a cheap fix. But its too early to judge...

Unfortunately I am starting to think the same. I have played 3 friendly matches and the only difference I have noticed is the AI doing sliding tackles once in a while resulting in a foul. All the fouls I had where like that.

Also, quick question: Do I need to start a new career mode to see the patch changes?

My biggest issue with this in Career Mode is the high scoring matches, just like in FIFA 21.

I’m legendary, semi assists, competitor mode off. Every game is 4-3, 7-2 (yes my match against Spurs just ended with that score line).

Not feeling this game at all. It’s typical fifa - love it at first but then the flaws annoy me far too much after a while.

Have tried sliders, have messed around with a million settings - it’s just too catered for FUT players.

Through ball in the air is waaaay overpowered when you master it. 90% of my goals are sending a high ball over the CPU’s ridiculous high line and I’m one-on-one with the GK. This was a thing with either FIFA 10 or 11 (can’t remember which one exactly).

Sigh. Back to PES 5.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this. I'm EA Creator Network, so I have access to the developers. Whenever you have a bug/error, please send it here, and I will pass it on to the developers.

Not sure if by "here" you mean evo web or the ea forums, but..

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Customise-Controls-Bug-Post-Title-Update-1/td-p/10853823

There's a bug in FIFA 22 which makes it impossible to use manual through balls online. Through balls always default to semi-assisted no matter what. It's funny because this exact issue was supposed to be fixed in update #1 (it was even SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the patch notes) , however the update did not fix it.

This issue currently kills full manual play for online players across all modes. I was hoping this fix would be in the newly released update #2 patch notes but unfortunately i didnt see it there

If you could pass this bug along to the devs then the FUMA community would greatly appreciate it 😉

Thank you

Another game only 1 foul committed by the AI, and again a sliding tackle. Almost no body contact, all is see is sliding tackles. :(
View attachment 128001

Here is a clip. The AI is pressing like crazy!
https://stadia.google.com/capture/7083dc1d-cdb0-4314-9df4-052d7008d5b7

Hers another example of a pretty unrealistic sliding tackle, no foul by the way.
https://stadia.google.com/capture/26e2cbc6-3c2c-4239-ab92-777b312b5e51
I had a around 3 physical/contact fouls as the one I shared in my last post. But yeah, the AI is doing quite a few sliding tackles now. Need to play more, specially my CM to check this properly.

I find Eurogamer's take on this update really interesting. They say the AI is "nerfed" (which none of us want, right).

When they talk about the offline changes, they talk about the FUT offline modes - like Squad Battles. Career Mode isn't even mentioned.

Are these changes based on Career Mode feedback like we think/hope? Or are they actually based on FUT feedback, as per fucking usual?

Eurogamer - FIFA 22's next big patch nerfs the AI

I had a around 3 physical/contact fouls as the one I shared in my last post. But yeah, the AI is doing quite a few sliding tackles now. Need to play more, specially my CM to check this properly.
Idk could depend on speed setting, difficulty level, play style, team and so on. I play on slow btw.

Idk could depend on speed setting, difficulty level, play style, team and so on. I play on slow btw.
Slow here as well. Did my first match in CM and the CPU is pressing a lot like you said. Seeing lots of those sliding tackles....

After about 10 years, yesterday I came back to FUMA. It's another dimension of playing. So hard but absolutely satisfying.
I have a questions: my image are always too dark in HDR. Is there a way to fix? I have a LG OLED 65C7 tv.
I remember that the C7 OLEDs looked very dim while in HDR Game Mode. Maybe that's the problem. It looks really good on my C8.

Last edited:
The AI is definitely more aggressive and doing too many sliding tackles, it is a bit over the top. There are more fouls but not much variation in this area, it is mostly the CPU coming at you like a raging bull most of the time. Don't know if I like this change to be honest....

I also think the marking slider value needs to be tweaked for this patch. I am using 75/70 and it might be too high now after the new update.

So after 5 Games I'm starting to see more physicality, but still too many sliding tackles and too little fouls. 1-2 per Game by the AI.
I personally think the main problem here is the referee hardly calling any bumping into players or body contact, and the AI precision on tackles is to high.

After all i think its still better than before the update, but it remains a cheap fix though.

Here are some impressions:
Ridiculous sliding tackle
https://stadia.google.com/capture/f1c0d0cb-fb6f-4e8a-94a3-df8067d61586
I quite enjoyed this little foul
https://stadia.google.com/capture/7e4fb610-d1e5-4057-9eee-f1babc10e5ac
Sliding Tackle again
https://stadia.google.com/capture/6e6951f3-d06a-4462-bb05-534db18f6b2a
How is this a red card ref?!

Ecstatic, not for the scoreline, but honestly, the fouls are there. They weren't all sliding tackles either. This is only halftime. I'm not getting any work done.

PLjr5X.png

So basically EA just activated KILL_EVERYONE=1!

The fouls/tackles being posted in here now are the kind I was seeing last night and this morning after I put that into my locale.ini :)

That's exactly what crossed my mind while I was playing it :LMAO:

So after 5 Games I'm starting to see more physicality, but still too many sliding tackles and too little fouls. 1-2 per Game by the AI.
I personally think the main problem here is the referee hardly calling any bumping into players or body contact, and the AI precision on tackles is to high.

After all i think its still better than before the update, but it remains a cheap fix though.

Here are some impressions:
Ridiculous sliding tackle
https://stadia.google.com/capture/f1c0d0cb-fb6f-4e8a-94a3-df8067d61586
I quite enjoyed this little foul
https://stadia.google.com/capture/7e4fb610-d1e5-4057-9eee-f1babc10e5ac
Sliding Tackle again
https://stadia.google.com/capture/6e6951f3-d06a-4462-bb05-534db18f6b2a
How is this a red card ref?!

It's very nice to see more fouls but they need to tone down the sliding tackles, they are a bit ridiculous at times, it's true. More aggressiveness is welcome but it needs to be spread across physical contact situations as well. It is not balanced as it is now I think.

By the way, how can I capture videos directly on Stadia? That's neat to have those instant links you posted :)

Looks like for the next while we will spend most time tweaking sliders after each patch. Only last night I eventually found a sweet spot, where it was challenging again and scores went back to normal (none of this 5-0 shit) - I had 0-0, 0-1, 2-1.

Now it looks like from next week I'll have to search for right setting all over again.

Its a bit frustrating, but unfortunately - we just have to accept it at this point.
Trying to be optimistic here and be glad that offline gameplay is enjoyable this year.

It's very nice to see more fouls but they need to tone down the sliding tackles, they are a bit ridiculous at times, it's true. More aggressiveness is welcome but it needs to be spread across physical contact situations as well. It is not balanced as it is now I think.

By the way, how can I capture videos directly on Stadia? That's neat to have those instant links you posted :)
I agree.

Press F12 for screenshot, hold F12 for recording. You can view your clips here https://stadia.google.com/captures

• Love
Reactions: cb7
Back
Top Bottom