FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

One thing that needs sorting,and was in other sports games, is fooplanting,it's been a complete joke how FIFA has players sliding around since I can remember.
Absolutely no excuse now with the new gen consoles.

And player movement/models,please make players stop behaving/moving like they're on meth,so ticksy and twitchy at times

Exactly. Its a no brainer really. Especially that they used to have gameplay split between arcade and sim.
For me its so obvious that its not a question IF, but WHEN.
I admire your optimism but why would EA feel they need to make a football game for us Career Mode fans who want realistic gameplay? Isn't FIFA more popular than ever? (Genuine question, I have no idea of their sales figures).

I just can't see why they'd change their business model to appease a minority's wishlist. I really, really hope you're right - a separate Career Mode version of FIFA with realistic gameplay and a focus on tactics etc would be heaven. I just don't see it happening.

I admire your optimism but why would EA feel they need to make a football game for us Career Mode fans who want realistic gameplay? Isn't FIFA more popular than ever? (Genuine question, I have no idea of their sales figures).

I just can't see why they'd change their business model to appease a minority's wishlist. I really, really hope you're right - a separate Career Mode version of FIFA with realistic gameplay and a focus on tactics etc would be heaven. I just don't see it happening.
isnt is happening in Madden though? They are making improvements in that career mode

isnt is happening in Madden though? They are making improvements in that career mode
Cuz FIFA is all about FUT, nothing more. On the other side, NFL is a marketing game to America market, like NBA games. İn the past, 2K tried to add a mode to NBA like FUT but it didn't work for NBA because NBA is not like FIFA, NFL also not like FIFA.

I admire your optimism but why would EA feel they need to make a football game for us Career Mode fans who want realistic gameplay?
I can see few reasons. And bare in mind - none of them is a big. Its more like - coz they can.

Whether they like it or not - there's a significant number of people playing CM and it has always been one of their main modes, like Master League. They did ignore Career Mode for years, yet recently you can see that they are adding new features, improving it - because there was enough noise made by CM fans and EA simply had to do something there.
Reputation is a big thing. And Career Mode people are like this annoying fly that circling around them. Twitter, youtube, even @Matt10 . Clips online, posts, especially those well articulated - are something that smart EA people can only ignore for so long.
Its not some raging kids screaming - they are well made, explained, supported by video examples, proving that their game is lacking basics of sport it represents. Its annoying, frustrating and it hurts the general reputation.
I know that if I worked for EA (even if I had zero interest in football games) - I would be going to the bosses with ideas how to improve and fix these things - simply because it would improve the general image of the game. Because its harder to ignore people who do have a point.
I dont believe EA is full of people who dont give two fucks about their game and their image. Its just human nature. There must be people who actually want this game to be a good football game.
And their company at this stage is so big and they are making such profits, that I can see their bosses one day saying to Career Mode developers
- Ah for fuck sakes! OK! OK! Go and work on that sim gameplay and stop annoying me! Take Bob, Reggie and pick 10 others to help you. Im fucking sick of listening about that!

:LOL:

That's what I'd prefer to see - a completely different product that is focussed only on offline play and developing an innovative AI, which a huge organisation like EA could afford to invest in. A separate off-line mode within the existing eSports focussed game is almost certainly always going to be compromised by the gameplay requirements of their obvious priority, which is eSports/FUT.

They've not had my money for the past 3 years and it doesn't look like they'll be getting it this year either, so it's about time they noticed I haven't been buying it :MAD:.

We will see what is coming on 11th of july. But to clearify. I have absolutly no know about what it will come. It was only a tought from myself.

I wish I could share some of the remaining hope in this thread.

But time and time again, EA have shown no love for the game of football, only a love of money.

From the moment they allowed their game to break the laws of physics for the sake of “responsiveness” - because FUT fanatics wanted the animated figures to kick the ball without moving their legs - that was it.

I don’t see any reason for the leopard to change its spots.

National League incoming?

View attachment 108651
If that's true (about the Conference in FIFA), I find it really odd considering that the vast majority of people use the top teams, try to buy the top players (especially in FUT) and that the gameplay is designed for those teams/players.

(Saying that, I guess it's a marketing exercise - it's not a huge job to add the logos and kits in, for the sake of Conference clubs getting some PR.)

Last year, attributes were changed so that only the very best do the ABSOLUTE BASICS unless you control them directly - e.g. the only defenders who man-mark players are those with a defensive stat above 80 (or even higher), so any AI Conference defender will just stand and watch a man run past him.

I support Tranmere but I don't use them in FIFA any more, because I don't see the point. I'd say the gameplay is fairly broken (particularly the AI), and the experience is dull (compared to the EPL having all the stadiums etc.). I wouldn't even mind if they started ditching lower leagues to be honest, given how little attributes make a difference at that level.

If that's true (about the Conference in FIFA), I find it really odd considering that the vast majority of people use the top teams, try to buy the top players (especially in FUT) and that the gameplay is designed for those teams/players.

(Saying that, I guess it's a marketing exercise - it's not a huge job to add the logos and kits in, for the sake of Conference clubs getting some PR.)

Last year, attributes were changed so that only the very best do the ABSOLUTE BASICS unless you control them directly - e.g. the only defenders who man-mark players are those with a defensive stat above 80 (or even higher), so any AI Conference defender will just stand and watch a man run past him.

I support Tranmere but I don't use them in FIFA any more, because I don't see the point. I'd say the gameplay is fairly broken (particularly the AI), and the experience is dull (compared to the EPL having all the stadiums etc.). I wouldn't even mind if they started ditching lower leagues to be honest, given how little attributes make a difference at that level.
If it"s true, they really have to have the EFL scoreboard package for the divisions, would make career mode a lot more immersive e.g. with Portsmouth at Fratton Park

Back
Top Bottom