FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I have no clue what i'm looking at unless it's the little footsteps in between touches but we need context. If that's some kind of adaptive dribbling?

Look at how the ball behaves more naturally just after the ball touch. This little jump after the foot touches the ball, then the deceleration with the friction on the pitch and finally the ball rolling. On the 21 video the ball is kind of sliding.

Last edited:
22 is the lower screen? Only few seconds but it looks less slidy.

Animation looks better and conservation of momentum on ball movement looks better. Certainly looks more "next-gen" than anything in the crappy PES beta, I wonder what impact it will have on gameplay

I mean, it looks a little improved, but to me it just looks like they've swapped the sliding animation for "running on tiptoes", both of which is physically impossible (but the latter possibly looks better from a distance).

Which makes me think this "new tech" is purely for appearance's sake, and doesn't actually mean more realistic actions / gameplay via forced footplanting.

I mean, it looks a little improved, but to me it just looks like they've swapped the sliding animation for "running on tiptoes", both of which is physically impossible (but the latter possibly looks better from a distance).

Which makes me think this "new tech" is purely for appearance's sake, and doesn't actually mean more realistic actions / gameplay via forced footplanting.
On the 22nd we will see something

Is 'Hypermotion' EA's exclusive technology? I don't find any info about it in google & not sure if any other game used it before.

Means shit if your defensive midfielders drink cocktails and the centre half likes to play wingback………I’m sick to death of all these stupid headline grabbing terminologies when we all know the areas of real concern…..it’s a typical distraction method of marketing….pull the eyes to the headlines, folk buy the game and then they realise the fundamentals of football are non existent….2023, repeat, 2024, repeat, 2025 repeat…..etc, etc.

They are using machine learning AI for animation, this could actually be something interesting, or at the very least something new.

Last edited:
I Hope it's not only a marketing things. I'm Waiting for FIFA 22 beta in August. Fifa Trailers are always on CGI or in engine but never in game. Wait & see

There will be more frames of animation of your defensive midfielders drinking tea, and the teapot will be less twitchy. A positive, that means absolutely nothing really, unless you're looking for a tea drinking simulator.

The thing is the game is currently bad to "us" by design. If they stick to that design (I can't really see why they would change), the technology behind doesn't matter that much unfortunately.

Stating the obvious no? Football games already died years ago, I myself only follow this stuff out of morbid curiosity and a kind of intruige for what might have been possible in a universe where making a good game was still relevant, in that sense these technological advancements are interesting to me.

Stating the obvious no? Football games already died years ago, I myself only follow this stuff out of morbid curiosity and a kind of intruige for what might have been possible in a universe where making a good game was still relevant, in that sense these technological advancements are interesting to me.
Yes indeed. I am also curious about any eventual "improvements" to footy games. But at the same time I am so gutted against them for forcing everyone to play the fut way, where they could simply add a bunch of files for offliners like they did for Volta.

I would like to add that it used to be two different gameplay back in 13 or 14. That s only year I played fut and I remember playing against my mate inside the fut mode. They where mad against the gameplay, because they were not used to it, but I was. They immediately asked for a fairer challenge outside of the mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom