FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

As long as the rebranded offering still caters for the offline player as it does at present then I'm fine with this. Sounds like they want to take microtransactions and streaming to the next level, two things I have zero interest in.

Also, there's long been a disconnect between the FIFA name and the game's lack of national teams. Tournament editions aside, the core FIFA game has been more interested in the club game in recent years.

As long as the rebranded offering still caters for the offline player as it does at present then I'm fine with this. Sounds like they want to take microtransactions and streaming to the next level, two things I have zero interest in.
I smell a free-to-play release with the same focus as every other football game available as of now (eFootball, UFL etc.). I don't think the career mode will be a huge focus.

$267m from full game sales. $1.48bn from microtransactions. Easy to see where the money is. And where the money will continue to be spent on development.

$1.48bn for turning a 0 ("you don't own this card") to a 1 ("you own this card"). Not a tangible product, not a service. Literally, money for nothing. What a world.

I think this is a good thing. Sports games have always consumed a lot of development costs because of the high cost of licensing fees. I hope that the saved costs can be used to make real simulated football games in the future

I think this is a good thing. Sports games have always consumed a lot of development costs because of the high cost of licensing fees. I hope that the saved costs can be used to make real simulated football games in the future
Do you really think the money that the likes of EA absolutely rake in (see above posts) isn't enough to make a truly next-gen football sim?

That's not the issue. The issue is, there is a new generation of gamers who don't want a realistic game - they want fast, furious fun-fun-fun and fireworks. And they're handing over literally billions of dollars for that. They are in the driving seat when it comes to development. Whatever they want, is what we'll get.

Do you really think the money that the likes of EA absolutely rake in (see above posts) isn't enough to make a truly next-gen football sim?

That's not the issue. The issue is, there is a new generation of gamers who don't want a realistic game - they want fast, furious fun-fun-fun and fireworks. And they're handing over literally billions of dollars for that. They are in the driving seat when it comes to development. Whatever they want, is what we'll get.
It's over, bad feeling. I think you're right.

The game mode of giving money to win really makes people feel very bad. Now we can only hope that this era will pass quickly.

The worst part with this is, I am almost sure if those company would serve them a game bending toward a more simulation type of experience, they would probably love it. Of course they would still remains many to bitch about "fairness", but they are already doing that anyway.

The worst part with this is, I am almost sure if those company would serve them a game bending toward a more simulation type of experience, they would probably love it. Of course they would still remains many to bitch about "fairness", but they are already doing that anyway.
I think this is a really interesting point. I'm not sure where I stand on this.

The interest in eFootball - which you can see in streamer numbers etc. (not massive numbers, but not insignificant) - proves that a much slower, more realism-focused game generates interest (and that's despite the fact that it's bare-bones, and despite the fact that - IMO - the gameplay has major issues).

But every FUT player on Twitter will wheel out the line "a game should always be a game" and that FUT is "too slow". FUT gameplay is 22 ice-skaters with rockets up their arse, on fast-forward. But they say it's "too slow", over and over. They go from Call of Duty to FUT, and they need it to be that fast to sustain their interest.

I don't think FUT players will ever truly want anything else other than the experience they have now, which they will bitch and moan about forever, but then play in every waking moment. I follow a guy on Twitter who posts FUT clips almost daily, usually to say it's rigged, full of "EAIDS" and that FIFA's "time is up" now eFootball is out. Yet he still plays every day... Brags about every win, and cries about every loss being "scripted bullshit".

One of the few hopes I have is that EA see the renewed interest in eFootball and think "maybe we need a slower game / game mode for a certain audience". But why would they care - they make enough money, and the FUT audience will give them billions of dollars forever.

I can't see EA changing their gameplay focus. From the introduction of Frostbite onwards, it's been a steady downhill ride. Last year's addition of "powerups" in the Player Career mode shows that they are 100% in the business of making a cartoon representation of football, even for offline players.

But whatever FIFA is, the FUT players will play it, because they're addicted to FUT. Fast or slow, silly or realistic. They could make the worst gameplay ever, on purpose, and I don't think it would stop anyone from playing it. They wouldn't even go back to an older FIFA. They're addicts, and the game is designed to get you addicted from the second you enter the mode.

I think this is a really interesting point. I'm not sure where I stand on this.

The interest in eFootball - which you can see in streamer numbers etc. (not massive numbers, but not insignificant) - proves that a much slower, more realism-focused game generates interest (and that's despite the fact that it's bare-bones, and despite the fact that - IMO - the gameplay has major issues).

But every FUT player on Twitter will wheel out the line "a game should always be a game" and that FUT is "too slow". FUT gameplay is 22 ice-skaters with rockets up their arse, on fast-forward. But they say it's "too slow", over and over. They go from Call of Duty to FUT, and they need it to be that fast to sustain their interest.

I don't think FUT players will ever truly want anything else other than the experience they have now, which they will bitch and moan about forever, but then play in every waking moment. I follow a guy on Twitter who posts FUT clips almost daily, usually to say it's rigged, full of "EAIDS" and that FIFA's "time is up" now eFootball is out. Yet he still plays every day... Brags about every win, and cries about every loss being "scripted bullshit".

One of the few hopes I have is that EA see the renewed interest in eFootball and think "maybe we need a slower game / game mode for a certain audience". But why would they care - they make enough money, and the FUT audience will give them billions of dollars forever.

I can't see EA changing their gameplay focus. From the introduction of Frostbite onwards, it's been a steady downhill ride. Last year's addition of "powerups" in the Player Career mode shows that they are 100% in the business of making a cartoon representation of football, even for offline players.

But whatever FIFA is, the FUT players will play it, because they're addicted to FUT. Fast or slow, silly or realistic. They could make the worst gameplay ever, on purpose, and I don't think it would stop anyone from playing it. They wouldn't even go back to an older FIFA. They're addicts, and the game is designed to get you addicted from the second you enter the mode.
Couldn't agree more. Factos.

For me I think it may be possible to make a fast, more arcade like experience that nails it because it has many a realistic element. I'm just not sure if either UFL or GOALS will prove to be that game, but have to admit to liking the idea of more choice being on the way as it might encourage the existing franchises to change up...or see a another enter the arena.

FIFA22 on PC going for £7.49 on EA Play and £7.99 on Steam until the end of the month.

Decided to pick it up at that price as actually didn't mind FIFA21 that much. Glad I did, to be honest, at least on early evidence. All relative to the price point now but sort of like that this is a eFootball 2020 > eFootball 2021 type iteration. Notice a few wee things that are easier on the eye than FIFA21. Feels like they made player models a wee bit chunkier for a start, which I prefer.

Did anyone update FIFA 22 on PC? The latest Title Update 12? I'm still sticking with Title Update 10 as the TU11 ruined the game speed as per many reviews. Afraid to update to TU12 now.. What about it? Any improvements or the things got even worse?

hello guys, is it possible to see 3d grass in low settings?
Unfortunately, no. The main problem is, they don't have advanced/custom settings option for the users to choose individual rendering settings selected based on our own preference. I'm trying to find graphical settings and adjustments and how can I modify it since the beginning. According to my research till now, it is somewhere inside initfs section. But couldn't manipulate it yet.

First post:APPLAUD:(sorry if i break any rules)

Found this mod through discord which is supposed to "semi emulate" hypermotion and improves the ai and it actually does a pretty good job, game feels more different and much much more enjoyable than vanilla fifa. Sliders are probably necessary, at the moment I'm trying operation sports sliders but it plays well enough for me to be motivated to try and create a set, you guys should try it out as well.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0r1cgen84qmamrm/FAM_9.3.fifamod/file

Found this mod through discord which is supposed to "semi emulate" hypermotion and improves the ai and it actually does a pretty good job, game feels more different and much much more enjoyable than vanilla fifa. Sliders are probably necessary, at the moment I'm trying operation sports sliders but it plays well enough for me to be motivated to try and create a set, you guys should try it out as well.

Will give this a go. Let's see.

Came up with a first test slider set if anyone would like to test with this as well
10 Mins
I play World Class don’t know how legendary is
I play normal speed, too many other issues on slow speed
Fuma
Sprint Speed 50/50
Acc 48/48
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 63/63
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 40/40
Marking 30/30
Line Height 45/45
Line Length 35/35
Line Width 65/65
Fullback 48/48
Ft control 88/88
Issues i still have are it’s to easy to dribble past defenders
Midfield is near absent
These are core fifa issues as well, if anyone could help me i would appreciate it

Came up with a first test slider set if anyone would like to test with this as well
10 Mins
I play World Class don’t know how legendary is
I play normal speed, too many other issues on slow speed
Fuma
Sprint Speed 50/50
Acc 48/48
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 63/63
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 40/40
Marking 30/30
Line Height 45/45
Line Length 35/35
Line Width 65/65
Fullback 48/48
Ft control 88/88
Issues i still have are it’s to easy to dribble past defenders
Midfield is near absent
These are core fifa issues as well, if anyone could help me i would appreciate it
Give @Anth James' sliders a go, it's great as well. By the way, you need to use his PC sliders instead of his next-gen sliders.

Give @Anth James' sliders a go, it's great as well. By the way, you need to use his PC sliders instead of his next-gen sliders.
Those are pretty outdated though, they were made in September and theres been plenty of game breaking updates since then, and I am trying to make a set for this specific gameplay mod, even Os sliders don't work well because they are meant for next gen.

Those are pretty outdated though, they were made in September and theres been plenty of game breaking updates since then, and I am trying to make a set for this specific gameplay mod, even Os sliders don't work well because they are meant for next gen.
Yeah I’d say this is pretty spot on unfortunately. Those sliders may still hold up, but I really doubt it. Too many changes since then..

When you are messing up with the sliders game lose the stability of the gameplay.
If you want a slower stable gameplay leave the sliders at default and you have to play with teams of league 1 or league 2.
That will make the game more interesting.

Hmm yeah, Anth James' sliders were made in September.
I'm using OS Sliders Version 9 Beta (latest one) with the FAM mod. It's playing great. Really enjoyed matches that I've played (played 3 matches).

Back
Top Bottom