FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Despite this she carried on ranting to her followers that this just isn't right, and no one should have to eat a curry when there is fucking leaves on it.

These are the ignorant muppets who are shaping our world.

Fucking leaves on a curry are OP. A curry is just a curry and it should feel responsive when eating. Removing the leaves is not fun & a waste of time, like build-up play in football.

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:-

One of the best ones I have seen, which my mate showed me, is some girl with about 300,000 followers on Instagram.
She went to an authentic Indian restaurant and was served her curry and then went on a massive rant on social media because the curry was all wrong.

What was wrong with the curry you ask..
It has the cream poured over the top of the curry, which happens in most places I go.
But the main thing she was kicking off about, the curry had leaves on top and some fresh coriander sprinkled on the top.

She also spoke to the chef about her experience, where the chef explained that everything is cooked and prepared freshly everyday.
That this is authentic Indian food with fresh ingredients.
Despite this she carried on ranting to her followers that this just isn't right, and no one should have to eat a curry when there is fucking leaves on it.

In India, it's obvious to see some leafy vegetables poured into curries, those are basically serves the purpose as other eatable leafy vegetables like "Spinach". Some of them are very good for the health.

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:-

One of the best ones I have seen, which my mate showed me, is some girl with about 300,000 followers on Instagram.
She went to an authentic Indian restaurant and was served her curry and then went on a massive rant on social media because the curry was all wrong.

What was wrong with the curry you ask..
It has the cream poured over the top of the curry, which happens in most places I go.
But the main thing she was kicking off about, the curry had leaves on top and some fresh coriander sprinkled on the top.

She also spoke to the chef about her experience, where the chef explained that everything is cooked and prepared freshly everyday.
That this is authentic Indian food with fresh ingredients.

Did she go back and try the curry after they updated it to version 1.4?

To have adult man make those face expression and noises over video game publicly on internet :BRICK:

Our ancestrors who in their age landed on Normandy beaches or fought in WW1 tranches probably roll in their graves.
its not his fault streamers can earn 10k a month by being childish dicks.

Can't wait for the tidal wave of twats complaining about a woman being on the cover. It's going to be unbearable.
I thought about that too Chris.
The amount of garbage the female basketball players get on 2k Twitter/YouTube is insane (they have a special cover with WNBA players).
People are stupid.
Wasn't there some guy in here whining on Fifa 22 having a female pundit on Fifa (goal reporter)?

Such a bulshit is that , is it !? Or really shot memory or incompetence or stupid PR!?
fifa-16-cover-us.jpg

I thought about that too Chris.
The amount of garbage the female basketball players get on 2k Twitter/YouTube is insane (they have a special cover with WNBA players).
People are stupid.
Wasn't there some guy in here whining on Fifa 22 having a female pundit on Fifa (goal reporter)?
I hated that female sideline reporter on FIFA 22. Not because she was female but her bloody "alright innit' accent where she couldn't put together a sentence without it sounding like she was the queen of chavs. I have no problem with female commentators if they're good. There are some shit men ones too and I don't want them either but given EA and Canada go hand-in-hand with the "any female will do" approach, I won't hold my breath for a competent female commentator who doesn't sound like she's been standing on the corner of a high street in Essex drinking cider and cussing at passers by since she was 11. I love Rebecca Lowe, I think she's awesome as a pundit but there's no way we'd get that lucky.

I hated that female sideline reporter on FIFA 22. Not because she was female but her bloody "alright innit' accent where she couldn't put together a sentence without it sounding like she was the queen of chavs. I have no problem with female commentators if they're good. There are some shit men ones too and I don't want them either but given EA and Canada go hand-in-hand with the "any female will do" approach, I won't hold my breath for a competent female commentator who doesn't sound like she's been standing on the corner of a high street in Essex drinking cider and cussing at passers by since she was 11. I love Rebecca Lowe, I think she's awesome as a pundit but there's no way we'd get that lucky.
Ha ha ha ,you know what ,very little time on Fifa 22 for me up until 3-4 days a go when I really started to play it ,with English commentary ,I usually go for Italian when serie A or Spanish when La Liga ,but EAs are pretty bad so I had the English ones on (Lee Dixon and some other bloke) and when the goal report came in from Alex I almost had a fit , especially since I'm playing the Bundesliga and her pronunciation of the teams are horrible ,like a chav screaming names at a pub.
"So bokum (Bochum) scored on a penalty"

I thinks it's about time for equality ,but she's pretty bad in this one ,at least foreign teams.
Still ,I watch a lot of La Liga and not one English commentator has pronounced Tony Kroos's name correct ,ever!

Yeah I turned that one off too, very annoying.

Speaking of commentators, last Fifa I actually bought was 19, if hell freezes over and the AI defends again (hahaha, good joke I know) and I get the game again I suppose I'll be in for a shock with no Martin Tyler and Alan Smith.

Can't wait for the tidal wave of twats complaining about a woman being on the cover. It's going to be unbearable.
My only complaint about the cover is that it looks like a very dodgy photoshop.

Are EA vying with Konami for the title of most amateurish marketing materials from a mainstream company the last two years or what?

"Fifa was good at launch" to me it's the same shit since the start, the same feeling of fast motion, a game Looney-tuned on every patch, a bit less on some but still.

It's lying to ourselves because after the Efootball disappointement, we were all perturbed. Lost. So we tryied to convince intentionally or unintetionnally that the game was good for us. (Not myself because to me it was already a physical non-sense superhuman speed fest, same shit as FIFA 20 in worst)

But there's one or two regarding the 55nd patch i found re-balanced, slower (in slow of course) and way better than the one at launch.
I think it was the V7 and/or V11 with everything toned down > and i also remember it was the shortest patch before they fucked up again, just when i wanted to restart to play as the direction seemed to fit a little bit more to what i expected, without being superb in the same time.

I don't talk about the first type of gamers Saturator mentioned in his post : those who care less about physical logic etc. and search the football fun representation, good with sliders and don't care or watch about some stuffs that makes our controller fly on the wall of course.
I found hard to found those type of player who liked both those games and previous PES / FIFA at their peak and hated the same game because there was illogic stuffs on others PES/FIFA but well...

Whatever, "I" don't understand, not saying it's not understandable. Respect for each others taste.
I'm just saying that i don't have any hope regarding EA direction as a "savior" at all, but i'm curious how bad it will be. As to me 18>19>20>21>22.

Fifa 17 was okay, even if i liked better his "opponent" (one online, the other offline) after tons of corrective patch regarding the engine errors after the launch.

Last edited:
Haven't played FIFA for years, but it's brilliant to see a female footballer on the front cover, and I haven't seen anyone mention but this presumably means club women's teams are in the game too? As Sam Kerr is photographed wearing a Chelsea shirt.

Probably clubs from UCL i presume. Hard to imagine that they will create full Women league for FIFA 23. It will be too random and hard to recreate, not as much info available.

Probably clubs from UCL i presume. Hard to imagine that they will create full Women league for FIFA 23. It will be too random and hard to recreate, not as much info available.
Actually, according to Witcher (who is one of the best sources of early information), the whole WSL (the women's EPL basically) will be in:

It's great news (and the women's teams will probably have better gameplay than the men's teams based on previous FIFAs), but I have to admit, if this is this year's biggest feature, I will be disappointed.

I don't really care that you can select real managers in the career mode now, nor am I falling for all the Hypermotion 2.0 marketing - because Hypermotion 1.0 featured electrocuted players skating and flailing all over the place, what will 2.0 feature? Rockets?

From my perspective, the game lacks too much field stuff to be hyped, worried or to care about non gameplay things. They could announce full Serie A and B license complete with all the stadiums and even if it's "my" league I couldn't care less as of now.

Stoked that there's more women's content - I've enjoyed playing through the women's tournaments on other fifa's.

Regarding everything else - I dunno, i would be much more optimistic about hyper-motion improvements because i really do think the developers want to at least attempt to make the game more lifelike - It's just that they have an online gaming community of petulant melts who have found that endless skill moves and electric pace ping-pong ball has brought them success.....they simply refuse to adapt to anything slower and more considered.

I would honestly pay serious serious money to see EA tell them to just do one

Last edited:
If there's at least One (well 3 in total > 1st to 3rd Division) it's already great.

Yes i remember that playing with Women was different, a bit like a very low division not even ing (well, to be honest... for X reasons it's the same level, no offence to women football). But i just didn't liked to play with it, as they moved like men it was kinda weird from the eyes.

But to be honest, i just answered to what's possible, but i really don't care about Women's football while i could be interested by Hong Kong league, to be honest and not regarding the level only. I won't buy the game if it's just pleasant with women, i need to have some interest on it a little but no, i just can't watch it seriously without being mysogin at all, but because some miss makes me laugh.

Talking about level, when you know people coaching some youth for real for real and that the 2nd position Women in France lost in an Friendly match 6-0 against 16 years old 6th divisions league lol. Just a simple small story totally O.T. someone told us in another forum, nothing related to Fifa Women's football or whatever.

I'll bite again: HyperMotion is a scam. The Brexit of the football gaming world - a meaningless vessel of grandstanding and failed promises under the guise of progress.

Nonplussed about the inclusion of women's players and teams. But then again I'm nonplussed about the inclusion of most players and teams in the game. The more the merrier though. If you think it's positive discrimination you may be probably right. But given the amount of negative discrimination women and women's football received, suck it up lads.

Noticed on Reddit that the bigger stir was over the inclusion of Mbappe. The weird they-won't-shag-you-mate tribalism over strangers who kick a ball around came to the fore again.

I'll bite again: HyperMotion is a scam. The Brexit of the football gaming world - a meaningless vessel of grandstanding and failed promises under the guise of progress.

Yeah it's rather stupid, it's just a dev tool/tech. It's like a graphic designer showcasing the new features of photoshop that they're using at their office to build hype, instead of the actual end result of their work.

No one cares if the end result is players playing ice hockey and their limbs fly everywhere in a millisecond because a button was pressed. Now if what you're producing is amazing and revolutionary ok, there could be legit interest to take a peek behind the scenes & see how it was done.

As it stands, good old motion capture produces much better results (as long as your algorithms don't butcher them). Animation "variety" also means fuck all when it looks like nothing like real people playing football.

(Edit: With that said, many are suckers for stuff like this. How many people obsess over game engines all the time, how many were hyped for the unreal engine with pes, or how many people think fifa is crap because of frostbite?).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom