FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

The worst is that it influes gameplay and overall bugs of players motions.
Even if i through that Hypermotion was made with "football player's motions" in mind, the result is like a "dis-footballification" of the players reactions, sudden moves, animations, etc.

I also agree with less leagues (and players) > more focus on those one, more individuality and less randomness everywhere.
And i talk for both games. D2 are to me pretty important, and "others leagues" teams too, but it doesn't need tons of full leagues plenty of youth players scouted in 30 second randomly, sometimes completely with random stats, some even with random height, weight, face, even position.

Last edited:
Well, yeah agreed - Hypermotion is just a fluffy marketing term for attempting to get more animations in the game.

The thing is, with 22, I did see *some* fleeting good in it. TBH I actually don't mind 22 all that much but I am honestly getting tired of constantly having to utilise the sliders to stop it feeling like I'm controlling 11 hyperactive kites.

I just wish they'd have the steel to simply leave some things be (I have heard the rumours that there is a different post-launch team that work on the updates).

I'll say it again, these games developers shouldn't keep constantly caving to pressures from their respective "competitive" online gaming communities - they're all complete cesspits of petulant piss-ants who lack the maturity to tolerate defeat.....they're always whining "wah but its.not.fun" or "a game should be a game" but its all just cover for a "Im not winning" tantrum......i genuinely don't think that any of them gain an ounce of fun from games whatsoever - I pity them.

They'll moan about the game whatever happens - so just ignore them. Let them either adjust or bugger off to some other 100mph garish, free-to-play garbage.

*I know I'm not being realistic....but let a man dream.

Last edited:
Yeah to be honest i don't think at all that the game would decrease in sells if it became more balanced, with a midfield and less superhuman stuffs.
Those people play for the mode only, and won't stop to complain.

But if it's the devs who agrees with those people visions... Then there's nothing to do about it, it's way too late since when David Rutter introduced real new features on PS360 era.

That's an old story now, they still got to bring old PES players back and "unfortunately" some people with good football game vision and principle have been transformed into winning at all cost machine, and i don't get why they follow so much the E-Sport players instruction (like "faster game" etc.)
No idea how much money E-Sport brings to EA or any other company.

Last edited:
Yeah it's rather stupid, it's just a dev tool/tech. It's like a graphic designer showcasing the new features of photoshop that they're using at their office to build hype, instead of the actual end result of their work.

No one cares if the end result is players playing ice hockey and their limbs fly everywhere in a millisecond because a button was pressed. Now if what you're producing is amazing and revolutionary ok, there could be legit interest to take a peek behind the scenes & see how it was done.

As it stands, good old motion capture produces much better results (as long as your algorithms don't butcher them). Animation "variety" also means fuck all when it looks like nothing like real people playing football.

(Edit: With that said, many are suckers for stuff like this. How many people obsess over game engines all the time, how many were hyped for the unreal engine with pes, or how many people think fifa is crap because of frostbite?).

Agreed.

I've said before that HyperMotion doesn't actually mean any one thing, and that it's a collection of features/promises under a jazzy name.

My example: waking up, getting up, having breakfast, having a shower, brushing my teeth, and calling it a HyperMorning™.

Hypermotion = High Promotion
Simple as that. I had this word since the very beginning of the whole Hypermotion thing came in last year.

I'm actually pretty excited for this . I've been enjoying 22 so looking forward to 23.
Its nice they include more Women's teams, I read this week that less than 4% (I think it was 4% but a small number nevertheless) of players had ever played a women's match in FIFA. So its interesting they are developing this for so little interest.

Even thought the game will release in Sept it will just be a 10 month beta rollercoaster until the game takes its true final update form (which no fifa has ever finished in a great spot).
It seems this will be released in Stadia this year as well (I thought 23 would be skipped like Madden). Once it got crossplay matchmaking was much better so that's great news, unfortunately they jacked up the price to match Series consoles and PS5 .

I'm actually pretty excited for this . I've been enjoying 22 so looking forward to 23.
Its nice they include more Women's teams, I read this week that less than 4% (I think it was 4% but a small number nevertheless) of players had ever played a women's match in FIFA. So its interesting they are developing this for so little interest.

Even thought the game will release in Sept it will just be a 10 month beta rollercoaster until the game takes its true final update form (which no fifa has ever finished in a great spot).
It seems this will be released in Stadia this year as well (I thought 23 would be skipped like Madden). Once it got crossplay matchmaking was much better so that's great news, unfortunately they jacked up the price to match Series consoles and PS5 .

Hey mate, I heard you have some great benefits working for EA such as free gym, a table tennis and daily dinners served free of charge ! How is the life going in Canada?

Damn, seeing the fifa 16 cover just hypes me to go back to it. Comparing 16 with any recent fifa should be outright banned. 😅

Here's what i'll be getting:

1658261189408.png

The last football game to focus on defending features?
Now this is what I want to see in 23 if I am to raise an eyebrow.

Not seeing a new animation after 6 months because there are 1 million of them, half broken after a patch or in hyper speed. (I remember I gave up on 21 after half an hour of the trial version anyway, can't imagine playing that shit for 6 months!).

Last edited:
The good news - there will be several women's leagues:

The bad news - "content creators" have the beta and they're "suggesting changes" as we speak....................

"Make it faster! What are these physics? They're so... urgh... REALISTIC... It's supposed to be a GAME! I'M GOING TO BE SIC-BLURGHHAARRGGHHHHCCKKK!"

Really hoping for more defence related features. 'Midfieldresistance-motion' or something...
From what I've heard, the biggest complaints from the "Content Creators" (the people with the beta right now) are that FIFA is too slow, and that the "AI assistance" is too much.

Set your hopes to zero. I'm seeing so much hype and I'm worried that I might be sucked in, but knowing who's influencing the game right now, it would be foolish.

From what I've heard, the biggest complaints from the "Content Creators" (the people with the beta right now) are that FIFA is too slow, and that the "AI assistance" is too much.

Set your hopes to zero. I'm seeing so much hype and I'm worried that I might be sucked in, but knowing who's influencing the game right now, it would be foolish.
Honestly the best feature we could get that could give us any kind of hope would be if they announced a separate AI for offline. Outside of that it'll be a struggle!

Honestly the best feature we could get that could give us any kind of hope would be if they announced a separate AI for offline. Outside of that it'll be a struggle!
This, and the ability to select which version's gameplay you want to use (i.e. release day gameplay, update 1 gameplay etc.) are my two biggest hopes.

I don't think either is realistic - and frankly, I have no faith that the release day gameplay will be enough for us to cling onto this year anyway, knowing the types of comments that will be being made about it as we speak.

Honestly the best feature we could get that could give us any kind of hope would be if they announced a separate AI for offline.

That's obviously the only solution now, but ... they thought about it and gave us "competitor mode" last year. That says it all really. It's amazing that they do actually allow you to pick different AI, an even worse one!

Like Chris said expectations should be zero, I'm ready to jump back to 16 anyway, and I will be perfectly happy to do so.

Question.... but on warez should be able to get version before update 1, 2, 3 .... right? Well people which doens´t want to play online... can have this version... or is it impossible? I am sure, there has to be a way.....

Don´t tell me, that people who crack the game are not able to manage this....

Question.... but on warez should be able to get version before update 1, 2, 3 .... right? Well people which doens´t want to play online... can have this version... or is it impossible? I am sure, there has to be a way.....

Don´t tell me, that people who crack the game are not able to manage this....
Well, first of all, FIFA 19 (after the Update 7), FIFA 20, FIFA 21, FIFA 22 are yet to be pirated. I know it is surprising. Either it's too hard to do so (Denuvo + Origin DRM hard-locked) or the warez groups are not interested to crack the same old crap.

Second of all, I don't think this forum support crack-warez related talks here. Let's end this here peacefully. Don't know if my statement have any consequences.. xD

Finally, you can use whatever update if you have (doesn't matter which one), as long as you own the game + have the update files. I could debug the exe and generate denuvo token (genuine way, as the player should have the genuine origin or steam copy).

These pot noodle slurping simpletons complaining the game is too slow is like me complaining open heart surgery is too slow. Just because I watched highlight packages of surgeries on Youtube doesn't reflect the reality of the time it takes nor does it give the credentials talk about how it should really be done.

Yes I get you have you mimic the ebb and flow of a 90 minute match in a 10 minute game, but it already does that and if you really need a speed fix that badly, go play Mario and Sonic Strikers

Great trailer Tbf. I thought 22 was solid and this looks like a real solid progression judging by the features added. Graphics have taken a massive step up it seems. Cross play and the new world cup modes are a nice plus.

On 1.44, a player intentionally brings the ball down with her back? I mean, it's perfectly legal, buit's something you would hardly ever see in a regular match. It's good that they are changing the free kicks because the current system is godawful.

What? Didn't Fifa 16 already had Woman Player in the cover art?

I mean, EA removed cloth dirt after switching to x360 gen and then brought it back in fifa 15 and touted it as "new feature". So it's not surprising.
Yes you're right ,I didn't have a clue on Fifa 16 cover (always thought it was Messi only)
Classic EA

Two things that needs to be addressed before I buy this. First is defense. Defending in FIFA 22 is non existent. CDM and CM's are spectators and no defenders know how to mark. Second thing that needs to be addressed is the fact that shit teams are way better than good teams. Teams like Burnley plays ping pong passing around the box with 99% pass completion and scores from the first shot and then teams like Liverpool is easy to beat with 5 goals or more. If they can't fix those 2 things, bye bye!

The graphics looks nice but the trailers is with awful framerate and hurt eyes to watch.
They know how to make a beautiful trailer, that's for sure. That bespoke commentary, the World Cup tease... Very nice.

Just impossible to believe the gameplay will be as slow as it looks in the trailer, or that players will position themselves properly. Let's see an actual gameplay video now.

Back
Top Bottom