FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

Yea mate all working fine my end after been forced to use EA App

Yeah I got it working finally after finding the solution in Aranatku's discord:

Thanks to @Djxxxer I got it working! Use LE 23.1.0.9 and then set "EABackgroundService.exe and EADesktop.exe as administrator in windows compatability settings" they should be in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop

Anyone else finding the game isn't running fullscreen even though it's set to? I keep getting dropped to desktop because some software has an update or similar and that shouldn't be happening if the game's fullscreen.

Anyone else finding the game isn't running fullscreen even though it's set to? I keep getting dropped to desktop because some software has an update or similar and that shouldn't be happening if the game's fullscreen.
Couldn’t save my fullscreen settings… so I switched to windowed borderless for now. But I’m mirroring my 1440p screen to my 4k tv. 🤷‍♂️

Starting from FIFA 18, when they introduced DirectX 12 API support, the game dropped Fullscreen Exclusive (FSE or Legacy Flip Model) support since DX12 doesn't use it anymore. So, basically, Fullscreen is Fullscreen Optimized (FSO or DXGI Flip Model) with DWM compositors and stuffs are controlling the desktop instead of application's exclusive control with the Legacy Flip Model.

Starting from FIFA 18, when they introduced DirectX 12 API support, the game dropped Fullscreen Exclusive (FSE or Legacy Flip Model) support since DX12 doesn't use it anymore. So, basically, Fullscreen is Fullscreen Optimized (FSO or DXGI Flip Model) with DWM compositors and stuffs are controlling the desktop instead of application's exclusive control with the Legacy Flip Model.

Aha ok, annoying that inconsequential things like an app update is pausing the game and dropping me back to the desktop!

Question.. I'm running the 10 hour trial, and the game keeps acting like I've never played when I come back. Like I have to reset certain settings. Is that a known thing with the EA Play trial until you actually buy it?

Can any modders explain please when installing a star head for a player in FIFA do you after replace with a ID which already as a star head in game

Can any modders explain please when installing a star head for a player in FIFA do you after replace with a ID which already as a star head in game
Because there are more than just the mesh files that control whether a star head exists for the player ID. It is virtual file system, blueprint, texture mapped, database and im likely missing something else. I was fully expecting the guys behind FET to over come this since their user base / mods is 99.8% about face mods.

Because there are more than just the mesh files that control whether a star head exists for the player ID. It is virtual file system, blueprint, texture mapped, database and im likely missing something else. I was fully expecting the guys behind FET to over come this since their user base / mods is 99.8% about face mods.

Yes, because, unlike PES with all the Sider functionality, like actually reading the files externally without any limit for the asset files + additional servers and modules, FIFA Modding Tools (all the Frostbite Editors) doesn't have that capability. It is mostly inclusive/internal compared to PES' Sider and stuffs (which is external, like I said). Unless a great Juce alternative arrives in FIFA or Frostbite (in general) modding field, we are pretty much stuck with these stuffs.

In short, you can call these FIFA Editor Tools as "CPKs which can be generated through the DPFileList and paste it in Download folder" unlike the broader, powerful, richest and most gifted tool for the modding community that is Sider" (thanks to you mate @juce and all other dudes behind it).
Thank you for the replies lads appreciate that

Yes, because, unlike PES with all the Sider functionality, like actually reading the files externally without any limit for the asset files + additional servers and modules, FIFA Modding Tools (all the Frostbite Editors) doesn't have that capability. It is mostly inclusive/internal compared to PES' Sider and stuffs (which is external, like I said). Unless a great Juce alternative arrives in FIFA or Frostbite (in general) modding field, we are pretty much stuck with these stuffs.

In short, you can call these FIFA Editor Tools as "CPKs which can be generated through the DPFileList and paste it in Download folder" unlike the broader, powerful, richest and most gifted tool for the modding community that is Sider" (thanks to you mate @juce and all other dudes behind it).
Thanks for being extremely disrespectful to anyone that allowed you to mod FIFA since 17.

Thanks for being extremely disrespectful to anyone that allowed you to mod FIFA since 17.
Oh damn, I'm sorry if my message seems offending towards FIFA modding side, I clearly doesn't mean that. I just answered/elaborated the difference for his doubt though. Just pointed out the limitation in Frostbite Modding scene (hopefully, it would be better) and compared with an easy example. Again, I'm really sorry. :(

Oh damn, I'm sorry if my message seems offending towards FIFA modding side, I clearly doesn't mean that. I just answered/elaborated the difference for his doubt though. Just pointed out the limitation in Frostbite Modding scene (hopefully, it would be better) and compared with an easy example. Again, I'm really sorry. :(
Sorry but you've hit a nerve that has always annoyed me with modding.

You are directly comparing apples and oranges. Completely different engines, completely different coding and completely different way of loading assets in a game. And then only focusing on one aspect and applying that rule for everything in the game.

For example, I find Sider completely useless for what I want to mod in PES. Does that make me or FET team a better coder than Juce? No. Its just a toolset that achieves some stuff.

Could Frostbite tools achieve non-duplicated IDs, very likely. Will it? I have no idea. It has never been a top priority of mine because I don't really care about face / graphics mods and modders are extremely political, fickle and brainwashed about what tools to use. Its why my tool is open source. Anyone could come along and do it, if they so wish. Is anyone bothering to help, no. Does the entire community act like entitled children, yes.

Sorry but you've hit a nerve that has always annoyed me with modding.

You are directly comparing apples and oranges. Completely different engines, completely different coding and completely different way of loading assets in a game. And then only focusing on one aspect and applying that rule for everything in the game.

For example, I find Sider completely useless for what I want to mod in PES. Does that make me or FET team a better coder than Juce? No. Its just a toolset that achieves some stuff.

Could Frostbite tools achieve non-duplicated IDs, very likely. Will it? I have no idea. It has never been a top priority of mine because I don't really care about face / graphics mods and modders are extremely political, fickle and brainwashed about what tools to use. Its why my tool is open source. Anyone could come along and do it, if they so wish. Is anyone bothering to help, no. Does the entire community act like entitled children, yes.
I get it and my wording wasn't perfect to avoid any offense. I've taken down my message, apologizes. Let's clear the issue, peacefully.

How well would I be able to run the game, gtx 1050 3gb, 8 gb ram, ryzen 2400g, surprised how intense fifa is now, would like to run it at 1080p

Hey folkes,

I'm using WZRD MODS Face packs. They work great in generaly outside of Career Mode, but I was wondering if there was a way to make them show without having to start a new Career? In general it's also the same with other face and tattoo packs I use. Only not showing in Career Mode.

Iv'e also applied the Lua-Scripts using the following format -

--1. Open cheat engine as usual.
--2. In cheat engine click on "Memory View" button.
--3. Press "CTRL + L" to open lua engine.
--4. Then press "CTRL + O" and open this script.
--5. Click on "Execute" button to execute script and wait for "Done" message box.

But they still don't show.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Anyone had any trouble playing FIFA crossplay? Tried to play a friend who has ps5 yesterday and it just doesn't pick him up when I want to invite him in online friendlies

Is there a way to change the Button Mapping of the Supershot?
I sprint with R1 and now i have to press R2+L1+Shoot to perform it.

Question.. I'm running the 10 hour trial, and the game keeps acting like I've never played when I come back. Like I have to reset certain settings. Is that a known thing with the EA Play trial until you actually buy it?
No, that should not happen in the trial.

Is there a way to change the Button Mapping of the Supershot?
I sprint with R1 and now i have to press R2+L1+Shoot to perform it.
No, and for this reason, I would advise against remapping the shoulder buttons.

No, that should not happen in the trial.
Very strange, it's happened again, NOT in the trial. I load and it thinks I'm loading for the first time, asking me to set my favourite team, etc.
It's like the game doesn't want to read my previously set up settings save.

Last edited:
Very strange, it's happened again, NOT in the trial. I load and it thinks I'm loading for the first time, asking me to set my favourite team, etc.
It's like the game doesn't want to read my previously set up settings save.
Are the files being saved in: C:\Users\YOUR COOL USERNAME\Documents\FIFA 23\settings

Should be looking something like this:

1671779800683.png

Back
Top Bottom