FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

Normal game speed, sprint 65, acceleration 55, shot speed 45, cpu pass error 65, cpu pass speed 20. World class, fuma.
This is the most natural and beautiful looking football game on the eye for me. Yes there are issues but cpu plays very natural and is a bit more agressive, higher sprint and acc sliders help a lot for players positioning. I enjoy it a lot for now!

guys, it s mixed feelings and i am getting confused, is this game good for career mode or no? is it a keeper? shall i buy it? i don t want to make the mistake of buying 22 and then not playing it after 3 hrs

guys, it s mixed feelings and i am getting confused, is this game good for career mode or no? is it a keeper? shall i buy it? i don t want to make the mistake of buying 22 and then not playing it after 3 hrs
There are some very varied opinions. You aren't going to know if you like it by listening to us. Get the trial with an EA Play subscription and see what you think before blowing money on the full release and throwing it away.

Nobody can answer that for you. Try ea play trial for yourself and make that decision. I will say that it's similar to 22. So if you didn't like that chances are you wont like 23

Timestamp: 9/30/22 | 6:05 PM CST -- I'm going to apologize for the quickness of these sets, but finding the base is the main priority now, and as values start to become more clear, it's easier to pick out what works and what doesn't. Version 3 here just finishes up the hard work from Version 1 and 2 findings and establishes better pitch coverage than before. Very simply the width was pretty narrow on Version 2, and while that helped the defensive line's positioning a lot, it started to hurt the actual midfield - which is what we strive for the most when building these sets.

As a result, width goes to 45. This ensures that there are more than one routes to attack, but ensures there is resistance in various parts of the pitch, not just on those successful areas of attack.That width needs to be on the narrow/lower side to allow the center-backs to cover both wide and centrally. This helps those through balls from being automatic scoring chances.

It also helps the midfield congestion to remain, but take a bit further step with reintroducing the FB positioning by taking that value from a low 25 to 45. This allows the FB to remain in the attack during transition moments, while still being able to put pressure on the ball carrier and/or fill passing lanes to break up attacks. In addition, the FB positioning allows more variety from the CPU attack where before at 25 they would stay even with the CBs, which meant route one was straight to the striker with 30-40 yard driven passes. Now, there’s still some direct play, but it’s varied based on what is available and what the tactics call for.

Lastly, the increase of height is a great thing for us. Some may recall the frustration of last year when the height value would not work, which meant we couldn't push the defensive line to meet the attackers, especially in transition. Now, the central mid and defenders are closer in transition to meet the attackers, ensuring it's not the constant perfect clearance to the attacker's feet off corners or dead ball situations. In addition, the height does something we've always wanted, which is play true to the tactical value. If Chelsea have a height of 70, then they will truly play that height of 70. This opens a lot of doors to variety in play and actual team customization - something we haven't had in FIFA for a long time.

I think Version 3 solidifies the base slider set now. We learned from the previous versions, and saw the benefits of what a narrow width brings, which allows this FIFA game to shine a lot more than default gameplay ever will.

One final comment. You can play on Default (Normal) or Slow-paced speeds. Let me say that Slow speed is HIGHLY PLAYABLE and is not broken no matter who thinks it is. Sliders are created as a composition of multiple values to get the game as close to realism as possible. We aren’t pushing to make the game play how EA wants it. Afterall, we’re trying to get the game away from their design - because their design is intended for PvP and arcade-like FUT play. Remember the golden rule: all sliders are relative.

Enjoy Version 3!!

--------
aOTGid.png

Loving all the midfield battles with these sliders, thanks. Refreshing not having to frantically be mashing buttons on the edge of the box feeling like you're playing a computers brain and it's near impossible to win as it reacts to your button press.

Nothing to do with your settings of course, as the keepers have been boosted, but there's such a huge issue with keepers letting things through them down the middle. When they move to the side like a matador or something.

Another thing I'll say as a FUMA player, granted I've been playing FUMA for years but I'm finding pass error fine at at 60.

Nobody can answer that for you. Try ea play trial for yourself and make that decision. I will say that it's similar to 22. So if you didn't like that chances are you wont like 23
I only played 22 on pc, and it was the worst purchase ever for me, coz on pc we all know what s wrong, on ps5 seems that people were able to play it with os sliders

@Matt10 one suggestion, maybe we have different views of how the game should look and play but try speed slider on 65 and acceleration on 55. The game is not faster than default but players cover spaces much better and somehow aggression in ai players is increased and I see more fouls. This is in normal game speed, world class difficulty.

Sorry no, I'm not attracted to this... This is really very bad for 2022, maybe 2010... Enjoy this again

Update. True, I agree with a more realistic pace here. I don't like the animation, the movements of the players, passes and shots still look unrealistic.

Last edited:
the sliders are a little confusing for me with some settings.
For example "Shooting Error" when i increase the number does this mean there are more Errors or Shooting is better?
Also for first touch error, higher value means better First touch or more errors?

the sliders are a little confusing for me with some settings.
For example "Shooting Error" when i increase the number does this mean there are more Errors or Shooting is better?
Also for first touch error, higher value means better First touch or more errors?
Higher the number more errors mate

Just wanted to provide an update if anyone wants to try out Version 2.

The main focus here is to get the congestion in the midfield in a better spot, but more importantly address the flank play. One would think that increasing width would work, but the problem with that is the length was too low to take advantage of the space for those 1v1 battles. Often times the defending winger would tuck in too far and get caught out not helping the fullback, which made it fairly straight forward to beat. Pair that up with a 50/51 acceleration discrepancy in World Class difficulty, and now the challenge is not only on the wings, but in all areas of the pitch.

The last bit of the line settings was establishing the defensive positioning throughout the banks. We have the defensive line needing to meet the attackers, but not constantly in a position where the attackers can just run off them for through balls. In addition, and probably more importantly, there was a need to establish an actual midfield that goes past their own defensive third - rather than drop back in a shell and allow waves of attack. This is why both height and length took a significant bump, and why width was even more important to get under control.

After that was established, we discussed raising GK Ability to 55, which meant shot speed had to get a bump as well so everything can stay in-sync. There are definitely goals still there, and even some more room to raise GK, but overall it's a nice balance of saves and misses. Furthermore, we've increased the error values for shooting which makes for some quality misses and goals. The reward on the goals is quite the feeling.

In terms of overall feel, the games are much more human-like. I say even sloppy at times, which is okay because you can see the players actually putting in an effort to stay engaged. I provided a clip earlier that showed the way players stay engaged throughout. Yes, you may have to be aware of the tucked in look, but it gets wider in the right spots - especially as the transition into attacking third happens.

I'm quite happy with Version 2. I wanted to post this to the thread and public right away. It doesn't look like FIFA 23 out of the box, and it's an improvement on Version 1. Let me know your thoughts as we continue to fine-tune the base set and start to establish the more specific sets.

Enjoy!

--------
Fm2ci2.png

--------
Power bar 52?What does this mean or where to find this option?Is this the "time" how quick the power bar loads up?

and you used what Sliders?
speed 65
acceleration 55
shoot power 45
pass power 40/25
player runs 20
injury frequency 65
injury severity 25
line heigh 70
lenght 45
width 45
fb positioning 45
first touch error 85

As you can see only ai pass power is lowered to 25 to match me becouse in fuma you can't fire speed passes like cpu can. All other sliders are same for human/ai. thanks to Matt10 for defensive line sliders they made back line and midfield more cohesive. Also tactics have big impact against playing style of yout opponent. for example if you press all the time teams like PSG, City, Barcelona, Arsenal, they will open your defence much easier, keep that in mind. Many people say the game is unplayable but actually they can't make balance with tactics against cpu. I don't speak here about interia and physics.

@Matt10 thanks for sharing the latest sliders, like many I really find it offers a completely new experience, in a very surprising way!

One thing I wanted to ask is if there is a solution to keep the dribbling characteristics of players? I think it’s the first touch setting, but wanted to ask if that’s the case. Everything seems so balanced so worried changes might ruin the overall experience, but players whose only strengths are dribbling seems to be ineffective. Thanks!

@Matt10 thanks for sharing the latest sliders, like many I really find it offers a completely new experience, in a very surprising way!

One thing I wanted to ask is if there is a solution to keep the dribbling characteristics of players? I think it’s the first touch setting, but wanted to ask if that’s the case. Everything seems so balanced so worried changes might ruin the overall experience, but players whose only strengths are dribbling seems to be ineffective. Thanks!
Yeah, first touch control error can be lowered. May be a bit "softer" due to the pass speed, but if it doesn't bug you - then it should be fine. If it does bug a bit, you can raise pass speed just a tad - something I'm look into as well.

I really like how this game has so many little things. Saw a bad touch from the CPU the other day, recovered nicely, and then proceeded to dribble out of bounds. The player stood there for a moment and stared into the heavens with frustration. Yesterday on stream, one of my defenders smacked the attacker with his forearm. Jumped into replay and you can see the attacker in pain, "talk" to the referee with frustration and hold his face in his hands.

here's the replay actually:

I didn't expect to say it, but I'm enjoying this immensely. I've played for the last three days and had lots of fun. I want to share my settings in case it helps, some values are extreme, but I will explain why.

First of all, I only play Kick off games, preferably with the same teams, over and over.

Sliders
The sliders I am using are based on OS, but with some differences like slightly higher pass speed, higher marking, smaller line length.
The FT control error directly influences the foot planting, a smaller value means better foot planting.

Game speed
Another important thing for me is the general flow and feeling of the game. Playing on slow doesn't do it, it looks and feels sluggish. Football is fast.
I play on fast, for the following reasons:
- it looks and feels better
- there's a lot more movement, the midfielders and defenders are more active; it is not perfect, but definitely better than on slow or normal speed
- it allows for more control when defending, it feels like you can match the movement of AI, so you are not at a disadvantage.
- by changing the Sprint speed + Acceleration + Pass speed sliders, the players feel swift, but not weightless.

Custom tactics
The AI teams that have custom tactics set to Slow build up + Possesion, or Fast build up + Anything play the most unrealistic type of game, where they either hug the sides and never cross, or they ping pong the ball across the field. To solve this, I edited the custom tactics for all the teams to Balanced + whatever they had, except Possession, which I changed to Balanced. I did this for EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, for testing purposes. When doing this, it is very important to play with Live form OFF, otherwise the changes are not applied.

User tactics:
Defence
Pressure on heavy touch
Width 40
Height 60
Offence
Fast build up
Chance creation Balanced
Width 40
Players in box: slider about halfway
All 3 midfielders: Stay central + Free roam
Central midfielder: drop between defenders

Settings:
Game speed: fast
Controls: Full manual
Difficulty: World class

Sliders User/AI:
Sprint 12 12
Acc 55 55
Shot error 52 68
Pass error 55 68
Shot speed 50 50
Pass speed 40 40
Gk 56 56
Marking 76 76
Run fq 20 20
Line height 70 70
Line length 27 27
Line width 45 45
Fb pos 45 45
Ft control error 10 10

Live form OFF
Custom tactics for AI: NOT Slow build up + Possesion, NOT Fast build up + *

Personal preferences:
Tele cam, zoom 0, height 0.
Ball - the one that looks as white as possible, I am using the Adidas World Cup 2022 ball.

Last edited:
Yeah, first touch control error can be lowered. May be a bit "softer" due to the pass speed, but if it doesn't bug you - then it should be fine. If it does bug a bit, you can raise pass speed just a tad - something I'm look into as well.

I really like how this game has so many little things. Saw a bad touch from the CPU the other day, recovered nicely, and then proceeded to dribble out of bounds. The player stood there for a moment and stared into the heavens with frustration. Yesterday on stream, one of my defenders smacked the attacker with his forearm. Jumped into replay and you can see the attacker in pain, "talk" to the referee with frustration and hold his face in his hands.

here's the replay actually:

Thanks for that.

How are you finding heading? Is that under shot accuracy? I’ve nailed a few crosses however the connections are often powerless. Is it just me and you’ve managed to power some home?

I put my game in Englsih so these are my pad settings, formations and sliders if you want to custom the game
Isn’t the manual crossing still broken? I think it’s still assisted even though it’s supposed to be manual. I use semi but it’s not perfect.

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/04/22 | 1:10 AM CST -- For the last couple of days we've tested a game-changer in the Slow-Paced game speed. Bumping up Acceleration from 50 to 51 (recommended for both user/cpu at 51/51) has allowed the sluggish and slow-responsive feeling to be replaced with better reactions and more direct response when controlling your players. Instantly, we've seen an improvement throughout the pitch. The best part is the CPU respects this reaction, and are forced to modify how they play. No longer constantly passing the ball 40+yards straight to the attacker, now they start to think first and properly break the User down.

Along with the 51/51 acceleration, we've dropped the need to go under 50 acceleration for any of the sets. For one, the stamina conservation is too strong, resulting in little to no fatigue, and the overall response of players need to stay true to their ratings. The harder sets will go above 50 in some spots however. Feel free to adjust as you'd like.

From here, we then push pass speed up a tick to 38 from 35. This just livens up the ball more and brings in some needed ball physics that was missing on lower pass speeds.

After that, we finish off the base with GK Ability getting a big bump to 65 from 55. So far there have been no issues with this change, and it has allowed the GK to extend their arms relative to where the ball is, not to mention find the flight of the ball a lot better than before. The User and the CPU can still score some worldies, which are even more satisfying considering the shot error values.

Lastly, the additional sets have been built up based on suggestions from around the OS thread, along with our experience in previous FIFA iterations.

I hope everyone enjoys this update. It's nice to be able to truly build the set from top to bottom with the lines (HLW+marking) to the other values. The biggest change was the 51/51 acceleration, and frankly, you just have to play with it. It's that much of a game-changer.

Calling this one Version 4, Beta 1, because we've introduced the additional sets. Enjoy!

--------
ZEn2Hu.png

--------

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/04/22 | 1:10 AM CST -- For the last couple of days we've tested a game-changer in the Slow-Paced game speed. Bumping up Acceleration from 50 to 51 (recommended for both user/cpu at 51/51) has allowed the sluggish and slow-responsive feeling to be replaced with better reactions and more direct response when controlling your players. Instantly, we've seen an improvement throughout the pitch. The best part is the CPU respects this reaction, and are forced to modify how they play. No longer constantly passing the ball 40+yards straight to the attacker, now they start to think first and properly break the User down.

Along with the 51/51 acceleration, we've dropped the need to go under 50 acceleration for any of the sets. For one, the stamina conservation is too strong, resulting in little to no fatigue, and the overall response of players need to stay true to their ratings. The harder sets will go above 50 in some spots however. Feel free to adjust as you'd like.

From here, we then push pass speed up a tick to 38 from 35. This just livens up the ball more and brings in some needed ball physics that was missing on lower pass speeds.

After that, we finish off the base with GK Ability getting a big bump to 65 from 55. So far there have been no issues with this change, and it has allowed the GK to extend their arms relative to where the ball is, not to mention find the flight of the ball a lot better than before. The User and the CPU can still score some worldies, which are even more satisfying considering the shot error values.

Lastly, the additional sets have been built up based on suggestions from around the OS thread, along with our experience in previous FIFA iterations.

I hope everyone enjoys this update. It's nice to be able to truly build the set from top to bottom with the lines (HLW+marking) to the other values. The biggest change was the 51/51 acceleration, and frankly, you just have to play with it. It's that much of a game-changer.

Calling this one Version 4, Beta 1, because we've introduced the additional sets. Enjoy!

--------
ZEn2Hu.png

--------
As I said in the previous posts, I put acceleration to 55 and game feels much more natural, even foot planting looks better and ai players look much more responsive, mine players also. I just hope they don`t screw this up with updates.

As I said in the previous posts, I put acceleration to 55 and game feels much more natural, even foot planting looks better and ai players look much more responsive, mine players also. I just hope they don`t screw this up with updates.
can you show video of that value?I have not bought this game, played the 10 hours trial but i tried much values/slider configs

Back
Top Bottom