FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

guys i don't want a slider that make my game more realistic or slower. i just want equalise the balance.

sometimes ai plays like inhuman while i'm defending, i can't stop ai. especially after i score, ai enters my penalty area with only 4 or 5 passes. my defenders stop marking and just watch them. sometimes every single ai player shoots like ai's shoot power is 99.

guys i don't want a slider that make my game more realistic or slower. i just want equalise the balance.

sometimes ai plays like inhuman while i'm defending, i can't stop ai. especially after i score, ai enters my penalty area with only 4 or 5 passes. my defenders stop marking and just watch them. sometimes every single ai player shoots like ai's shoot power is 99.
That's the power shot mate

That's completely understandable. For those of us that are enjoying the game, and want to play on slow-pace, that's the solution. Confirmed throughout and enjoyed many. We're having a blast with everything right now. FIFA 23 has so much of what previous iterations were missing. It also has a lot of little things off the ball that happen that are just unheard of. The way the CPU plays with that 51/51 acceleration as well just takes it to another level. Teammate AI is awake, CPU recognizes that and change how the play. Could not ask for more right now. Shut off the network and hunker down.
Haven't turned my ps on since release.. Which patch is the latest we should install? 1.01?

I don't get this game.

When I first installed it yesterday I thought, "yeah its not bad". Seen some nice stuff from teams, nice action.

Today its been horrific to play. Skatey players, ball with no bounce, cpu players hitting the ball at 100mph, too many cutbacks. Ive just wiped it and will reinstall. I also had all my settings change by themselves which was weird on xbox series x.

So the big questions...

On fuma, why is my passing so fast and hard, where's the spinning pass with a bit of bounce back?
Where's the deft through balls you can play?
On fuma the through ball is like a normal pass
Why is the shooting so random and always powerful?
How can I get more inertia into my players? The skating is really grating on me.
Where's my defence and my AI. Why do my players stand still in both defence and attack?
Why is there acres of space on each wing?

Crazy, crazy

Last edited:
I'm one of the more outspoken about how much I disliked the beta. Hated it. Didn't expect to like this year's game, but gave it a chance. As KG said without sliders it's crap. With sliders, well - it's a FIFA game that is challenging and fun. It has moments that are football, moments that is FIFA. You have to accept that. There was no indication in any type of beta, trailer, pitch notes, that proved otherwise.

I think a lot here have this idea of their ideal footy game, and go into FIFA knowing that it's not going to meet that desire. Buy it, watch streams on it, and say for sure - exactly what they were thinking. I'm not as critical of FIFA because it's FIFA. I mean, come on, we're on a forum called Evo-web. We're PES first here. I'm PES first in all footy-game approaches. I don't try to make FIFA into PES, so I don't set that expectation. I keep an open mind, try my best with what tools we have set before us, and get as close to what resembles a football first video game.

The work being done on sliders is actually enjoyable because we've gotten to a point it's as good as any FIFA that we've played on next-gen. As I've mentioned we're seeing things that we have been pushing for years (almost 10 years) in the slider community:
  • Defenders meeting attackers,
  • 50/50 challenges,
  • interceptions with anticipation,
  • pressure off the ball towards the intended receiver,
  • covering goal-side,
  • defensive team variety,
  • defensive animation variety,
  • defenders scoring on corners after the play is recycled,
  • off-the-ball incidents, off-the-ball mannerisms and emotions,
  • keepers saving resulting in deflections out of bounds,
  • goal-mouth action and scrappiness,
  • brilliant goals,
  • terrible goals
But, it's FIFA, and it lacks in many areas:
  • Midfielders not tracking all the way back,
  • Passing variety,
  • Consistent midfield battles,
  • CPU Match scenario recognition (park the bus vs all-out attack),
  • Ball clipping through players,
  • Occasional Illogical warping back to default positions (hypermotion2 impact),
  • Legendary CPU doesn't cross as often,

All of that, and possibly a bit more, have been achieved. That's a lot of football-type things. Even if it was just half of that, I'd be ecstatic for FIFA. The fact that we've all experienced that is just a solid win all-around. Which is why I said to turn off the network so the updates don't ruin it because it's the best it's ever been right now...for FIFA.
Update 1.02 ok, or should I also avoid that?

As I said in the previous posts, I put acceleration to 55 and game feels much more natural, even foot planting looks better and ai players look much more responsive, mine players also. I just hope they don`t screw this up with updates.

I want to give this a try. Are you playing with normal speed? I usually play normal speed but damn sometimes my guys get tackled and take eons to get up. while the AI falls and get up in a blink of an eye

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/04/22 | 1:10 AM CST -- For the last couple of days we've tested a game-changer in the Slow-Paced game speed. Bumping up Acceleration from 50 to 51 (recommended for both user/cpu at 51/51) has allowed the sluggish and slow-responsive feeling to be replaced with better reactions and more direct response when controlling your players. Instantly, we've seen an improvement throughout the pitch. The best part is the CPU respects this reaction, and are forced to modify how they play. No longer constantly passing the ball 40+yards straight to the attacker, now they start to think first and properly break the User down.

Along with the 51/51 acceleration, we've dropped the need to go under 50 acceleration for any of the sets. For one, the stamina conservation is too strong, resulting in little to no fatigue, and the overall response of players need to stay true to their ratings. The harder sets will go above 50 in some spots however. Feel free to adjust as you'd like.

From here, we then push pass speed up a tick to 38 from 35. This just livens up the ball more and brings in some needed ball physics that was missing on lower pass speeds.

After that, we finish off the base with GK Ability getting a big bump to 65 from 55. So far there have been no issues with this change, and it has allowed the GK to extend their arms relative to where the ball is, not to mention find the flight of the ball a lot better than before. The User and the CPU can still score some worldies, which are even more satisfying considering the shot error values.

Lastly, the additional sets have been built up based on suggestions from around the OS thread, along with our experience in previous FIFA iterations.

I hope everyone enjoys this update. It's nice to be able to truly build the set from top to bottom with the lines (HLW+marking) to the other values. The biggest change was the 51/51 acceleration, and frankly, you just have to play with it. It's that much of a game-changer.

Calling this one Version 4, Beta 1, because we've introduced the additional sets. Enjoy!

--------
ZEn2Hu.png

--------

I've never been happier to pick up 1 point from 3 games scoring no goals in the process. Loving these so far..

but not from the latest one

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/04/22 | 1:10 AM CST -- For the last couple of days we've tested a game-changer in the Slow-Paced game speed. Bumping up Acceleration from 50 to 51 (recommended for both user/cpu at 51/51) has allowed the sluggish and slow-responsive feeling to be replaced with better reactions and more direct response when controlling your players. Instantly, we've seen an improvement throughout the pitch. The best part is the CPU respects this reaction, and are forced to modify how they play. No longer constantly passing the ball 40+yards straight to the attacker, now they start to think first and properly break the User down.

Along with the 51/51 acceleration, we've dropped the need to go under 50 acceleration for any of the sets. For one, the stamina conservation is too strong, resulting in little to no fatigue, and the overall response of players need to stay true to their ratings. The harder sets will go above 50 in some spots however. Feel free to adjust as you'd like.

From here, we then push pass speed up a tick to 38 from 35. This just livens up the ball more and brings in some needed ball physics that was missing on lower pass speeds.

After that, we finish off the base with GK Ability getting a big bump to 65 from 55. So far there have been no issues with this change, and it has allowed the GK to extend their arms relative to where the ball is, not to mention find the flight of the ball a lot better than before. The User and the CPU can still score some worldies, which are even more satisfying considering the shot error values.

Lastly, the additional sets have been built up based on suggestions from around the OS thread, along with our experience in previous FIFA iterations.

I hope everyone enjoys this update. It's nice to be able to truly build the set from top to bottom with the lines (HLW+marking) to the other values. The biggest change was the 51/51 acceleration, and frankly, you just have to play with it. It's that much of a game-changer.

Calling this one Version 4, Beta 1, because we've introduced the additional sets. Enjoy!

--------
ZEn2Hu.png

--------

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

ZEn2Hu.png

--------

Thanks a lot for these Matt. I use the shorter half and yesterday I had pretty good games. Still tailoring them for my liking (might try a lower passing error as I still see the AI doing that lobbed pass to the striker that actually always goes to my defender). And for some reason (not always) see some ping pong passes between them (dont know if its bc of my pressing or slider values)
Anyway like I said, its a good base to start off from, had EPL game last night and ended up 1-0 with realistic stats (well... except fouls)

Hi folksi Hope you're fine

I have worked on new sliders
Tell me what you think about its!

My sliders in english!

Legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
No competitor mode

Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 14/16
Acceleration : 50/51
Shot error : 55/59
Pass error : 55/70
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65 or 75/75
Marking : 70/75
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 65/75

Some exemples :

Angers Vs OM

Lille Vs OM

PSV Vs OM

Lyon vs Om

Great sliders these , only change I’ve made is reduced at pass error as I’m on professional getting to grips with manual and I play on fast

Hi folksi Hope you're fine

I have worked on new sliders
Tell me what you think about its!

My sliders in english!

Legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
No competitor mode

Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 14/16
Acceleration : 50/51
Shot error : 55/59
Pass error : 55/70
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65 or 75/75
Marking : 70/75
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 65/75

Some exemples :

Angers Vs OM

Lille Vs OM

PSV Vs OM

Lyon vs Om
it feels like the ball is too bouncy when it hits the ground? maybe im just nitpicking dunno, talking about the last goal, maybe has to do with how much pitch wear there is?

Going to randomly shared my sliders here. Started with Matt10's and edited them a bit. Managed to reduce the shots amount etc.

Playing on World-class and turned up to default speed last night, seems to work OK tbh. All pass/through pass settings are semi, shots & lobs etc. are manual.

I've also include stats from an example match using these settings

Attachments

• 20221011_113258.jpg
    20221011_113258.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20221011_113306.jpg
    20221011_113306.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221011_113308.jpg
    20221011_113308.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221011_113248.jpg
    20221011_113248.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 33
--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/10/22 | 11:52 PM CST --

We went through multiple values during or "exploration" time after the Version 4 sliders were released. This allowed us to review the values, and attempt to create some match scenarios that had been lacking. The irony is that during our exploration time, we actually found that a lot of the original V4 values were on the right track - it just needed some tweaking.

The focus of this Version 5 was to get a tad more build up from both the User and CPU. We had to lower the length to accomplish this so those passing lanes could be defended properly. Before, when we had length at 45, the route one passing was a lot easier to perform because there was more space given up - leaving the central midfielders behind, with no real back-up until the defensive line stepped forward. By lowering the length value, it allowed players to get closer together, and bring in the defensive line sooner. This is respected in the way the CPU strikers tend to pass the ball backwards or out wide rather than just turn freely. In addition, the tendency to pass outside, then quickly inside, is much better defended as the center-back steps forward or the center-mid follows the runner.

Along with length, the last bit of line settings was to raise height and create a discrepancy with width. The height just brings those defenders in even sooner, while the width discrepancy ensures that there is a body in the forward passing lane. This helps with the forward-forward passing tendency from the CPU and also keeps defenders goal-side rather than being pulled too far out of position wide.

We did spend a lot of time with various Sprint values to combat the [returning] CB Jockey unfortunately. The findings are that on Slow-pace, the threshold is 20 Sprint, so anything lower than that can trigger this animation. In addition, a lower height - as what we were testing at times, can also cause the CB jockey to occur. Default-pace doesn't have this issue as much or at all. As a result, the Sprint at 5 can be used, which is the best value to better animations and movement.

Lastly, these keepers are something else. We had to raise shot speed to sync up the keeper with the ball flight. It's not perfect, but it's better than some of the other values that were making the keeper dive forward or have a psychic ability to the ball. We lowered GK ability to further compensate, and I'd say things are in a better place. Not perfect, but better. There's much less diving forward unrealistically, but there are still times where the keeper can't find the flight of the ball. There is still a strong rewarding feeling when scoring goals - especially from distance of course.

Overall, we spent a good amount of time exploring and testing multiple values. It was reassuring to know that we were on the right track to begin with. As a result, we've had some incredible matches, and some really great animations that FIFA 23 has provided this year. It's nice that we did more tweaking than we did reinventing. Keeping things clean here, so we'll call this Version 5. Enjoy!

--------
iTYmR1.png

--------

Hi folks

I have made a test with two matches : FC Barcelona Vs Majorca and United Vs Liverpool with my last sliders
I played an half in 4-3-2-1 and the other in 4-2-4
I have test in Legend and after Champion

We saw the differents between World Cup and Legend, but both are nice to play and the importance of the strategy
Enjoy!

Barca – Majorque – Legend - FUMA

Barca – Majorque – WC - FUMA

United Vs Liverpool – Legend - FUMA

United Vs Liverpool – WC - FUMA

Wow the game is being hammered at metacritic, with a super low 2.3/10 score lol jesus, i don t know if sliders are saving grace for this game

Back
Top Bottom