FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

Changelog & Updates:

Hey everyone, so for this version we focused on reintroducing the modern wingback and how their inclusion allows more variety in play. This will result in less top of the box siege, but also bring in more opportunities to counter when able.

The biggest change we explored, and tested, was the increase in acceleration for both Slow and Default pace. The reason for this change is that we felt that the physicality and attention to the ball lacked at times. It happened more on slow, but as we played more games, we found it beneficial to raise for default pace as well. Overall, this brings in what we liked about the game "out of the box" where passes were often contested and attempts at dribbling were met with proper resistance - both from a physicals standpoint and a positional/tactical standpoint, such as a fullback or winger anticipating a cut out towards the sidelines.

As mentioned, we increased the fullback positioning to allow more involvement for the fullbacks. The slight bump brings them forward sooner in transition as well to create more resistance down the wings, but much how the modern game is played, it's based on the match-ups.

The last bit of changes was to ensure the keepers did not become superhuman, which meant a reduction in the value to allow more reaction rather than psychic type saves. After that, we calmed the run frequency down to let the strikers receive the pass, but look out wide for their first choice rather than going forward-forward with the passing. Finally, we brought it all together with marking lowered so there is a bit less over-pursuit in defensive positions - all based on tactics of course.

We hope you enjoy Version 6. I can say that this is collectively one that is being enjoyed the most by the testers. Give it a shot, and provide feedback to the set - thanks!

--------
zHbcgj.png

--------

Thanks @Matt10 , interesting you say manual cross is broke. I think manual advanced through ball is too (Holding R2), it doesnt seem to do the bending outside of the foot pass on manual like it does on semi

Thanks @Matt10 , interesting you say manual cross is broke. I think manual advanced through ball is too (Holding R2), it doesnt seem to do the bending outside of the foot pass on manual like it does on semi
Yeah, someone did a video on it where every cross goes to the penalty spot regardless of the power bar. I'm not surprised other manual things arent' working though. FUMA is definitely tough with this set, so I applaud anyone (including our direct testers) who plays with them at that setting.

Hi slidermen

I have made a very nice found.
I have try first to play on slow and World cup, and after playing legend on normal.
But today I,ve found a great mix : the more natural speed of champion with the nice AI of Legend level

I have also changed the general speed and wow it changed everything. The cpu takes its time to do nice things

1st test
Inter Milan Vs Milan AC

CPU header

Sliders test video

Final V3 SLIDERS videos

PSG Vs OM

United Vs City

Juventus Vs AS Roma : my best match on FIFA 23

Zaniolo goal

Athletico Vs Villareal

Di Maria nice goal

Llorente header

Last edited:
Hi slidermen

I have try first to play on slow and World cup, and after playing legend on normal.
But today I,ve found a great mix : the more natural speed of champion with the nice AI of Legend level

I have also changed the general speed and wow it changed everything. The cpu takes its time to do nice things

1st test
Inter Milan Vs Milan AC

CPU header

Sliders test video

Final V3 SLIDERS videos

PSG Vs OM

United Vs City

Zaniolo goal

Athletico Vs Villareal

Di Maria nice goal

Llorente header

can you translate sliders for english

can you translate sliders for english
Yes don't worry😉

My sliders V3 in english!

World class
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 12/14
Acceleration : 50/51
Shot error : 55/59
Pass error : 55/70
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65 or 75/75
Marking : 70/75
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 65/75

On video with settings and strategy!

Last edited:
Hi slidermen

1st test
Inter Milan Vs Milan AC

CPU header

Sliders test video

Final V3 SLIDERS videos

PSG Vs OM

United Vs City

Zaniolo goal

Athletico Vs Villareal

Di Maria nice goal

Llorente header

I like the realistic camera movement after the cut at 7:20 min, even when the camera man is a pig!
https://youtu.be/u4F6dM9qgHU?t=440

😂🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes don't worry😉

World class
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

What is this sorcery?! 😳😊

i played inter vs. milan with OS community sliders. Then changed them to your set and it really is different. The AI plays different.
i then played BHA vs. MCI. City is playing different now. 😂 they do pass backwards and take more time! Who would have thought?! 👏 will play the match vs City once more with OS sliders right after this one.
But now, as the stadium announcer just said that this would be a non smoking stadium, I’ll have a cigarette on the balcony. 😂

Not sure if it’s not crippling the teams too much but I really like those sliders. Need more time with them.

@Matt10 please try them. Play a match with OS sliders and then those from @saturator ! Tell me I’m imagining things. 😂

Last edited:
What is this sorcery?! 😳😊

i played inter vs. milan with OS community sliders. Then changed them to your set and it really is different. The AI plays different.
i then played BHA vs. MCI. City is playing different now. 😂 they do pass backwards and take more time! Who would have thought?! 👏 will play the match vs City once more with OS sliders right after this one.
But now, as the stadium announcer just said that this would be a non smoking stadium, I’ll have a cigarette on the balcony. 😂

Not sure if it’s not crippling the teams to much but I really like those sliders. Need more time with them.

@Matt10 please try them. Play a match with OS sliders and then those from @saturator ! Tell me I’m imagining things. 😂
We have zero desire to go down any more rabbit holes. Sliders have to be built off one another and based on the versions we've worked on, the entirety of the set is in a really good spot. The OS testers are quite happy with the game and we haven't changed the settings for roughly 2 weeks - which is a lot of time passed in slider-world. V6 brings Crazy amounts of variety, including backpasses, but the best thing is just the resistance felt overall and the feeling that anything can happen - similar to how ootb felt.

I said in my stream last night that sliders are in a good spot when I start considering putting some controller settings to assisted - even did that for crossing finally since I started playing on broadcast camera again.

Late stream fun:

Yes don't worry😉

World class
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

This wasn’t planned but I was play testing this whole afternoon for more than 5 hours straight.
You have a great set here, pal.
the speed of everything is what i like. How the AI has more time on the ball and how pass error and pass speed seem to make them more human. This shows especially when they try to counter attack. I don’t know how all these work together in detail but its a clear difference to what I’ve enjoyed before.
i will stick with this set for now, as it allows me to experience fifa more how I like it to be.
well done, @saturator , we’ll done! 👏

😊👋

edit: maybe they stick a bit too long to the ball, wich can lead to easy winning it. AI crosses I’m missing a bit.

Last edited:
This wasn’t planned but I was play testing this whole afternoon for more than 5 hours straight.
You have a great set here, pal.
the speed of everything is what i like. How the AI has more time on the ball and how pass error and pass speed seem to make them more human. This shows especially when they try to counter attack. I don’t know how all these work together in detail but its a clear difference to what I’ve enjoyed before.
i will stick with this set for now, as it allows me to experience fifa more how I like it to be.
well done, @saturator , we’ll done! 👏

😊👋

edit: maybe they stick a bit too long to the ball, wich can lead to easy winning it. AI crosses I’m missing a bit.
Thanks a lot Pro_too

We spoke since a long time now and i was so happy when i saw the CPU took its Time.

I was thinking it was random so I restarted m'y PS5. And when i star a game against Grenoble, a low team of french Ligue 1, i was amazing when CPU started with a nice cross.

I play on career with Marseille against City. I was winning 2-0 but they pressed me so high after the hour, it was a draw at the 91 minutes. So nice!
I think i have find something who can help the community and modders.

Last edited:
Yes don't worry😉

World class
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

These are really good sliders. Congratulations.

--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/27/22 | 7:43 AM CST --

Hi everyone, this set update is pretty much a move towards finalizing the set as a whole. We've explored a lot of values throughout the versions, and we've been much more focused on achieving a good feel in gameplay, while experiencing a good form of competitive play based on which variation of the set you want to play.

The main area we wanted to nail down was the Slow vs Default/Normal pace options relative to Sprint and Acceleration. As can be seen in the graphic below, we have the thresholds of Sprint for Default at 5 and Sprint 20 for Slow. Without going into too much detail, the goal of these values is to combat both the CB Jockey (shown in Q&A below) and Defensive Line Integrity (video pending) issues when playing on lower Sprint values.

With Sprint sorted, it was next about revisiting the values for Acceleration. I personally felt that the animation speed increased significantly with 51/52 of Version 6, to the point I was wanting a bit more of a calmer (yet more "sluggish" as some would describe, while I call it "heavier") feel with lowering acceleration below 50. An "old reliable" is 48 acceleration in feel, but of course when we go below 50 acceleration, the stamina gauge does not cooperate and stamina is much more conserved than it would be at 50+; typical FIFA and pick your poison. Anyway, the 51/51 from Slow pace of Version 5 was brought back into play and applied to both Slow and Default pace. There are of course the modification for Harder sets to have an acceleration discrepancy that will create that extra challenge if needed. Keep in mind, you could easily lower the acceleration to 50/51, 49/50, etc - or even bump it 2 pts discrepancy if needed. The set is a base after all, please adjust to what you'd like.

For the first time in the sets we've introduced a pass speed discrepancy to calm things down a bit in the CPU's attack, while still maintaining the ball physics and play variety that continue to make the gameplay enjoyable. Lowering the CPU's pass speed helps to reduce the effect of their driven pass speed, and also when they cross the ball will be less driven and out of control.

The last bit of modifications were focused on the pass error for Legendary to help some teams be able to cross into (when they actually choose to) the box versus right at the keeper at times. In addition, it should reduce the tendency to produce the poor pass animation where the ball only moves a couple feet away. After that, we've reduced the run frequency to compensate for increase in runs due to FB positioning raised from previous version. Finally, we reduced shot speed throughout to help with some shot animation and smoothness that was wanted compared to just powerful strikes that couldn't be followed on screen at times.

Overall, the sets keep getting better, and Version 7 is the closest to where we feel the values are at their best relative to the slider set overall. Enjoy.

--------
WxsiLW.png

--------

I'm going to give these a try, does the low pass speed not make passing look a bit odd? Only one way to find out I suppose!
Hello.
You can increase the pass speed a bit if you want by 5. But there is a risk that Tiki taka will appear with highter values. The sliders are very sensibles. A bad value can break all the work done.
When i 'm testing sliders I always try with some D4 English teams, middle teams, international squads, a five stars Teams, and playing some classico🤩

If the gameplay looks nice, it's validate. If not, i continue to find the right values.

I'm playing on WC and legend only

Hello.
You can increase the pass speed a bit if you want by 5. But there is a risk that Tiki taka will appear with highter values. The sliders are very sensibles. A bad value can break all the work done.
When i 'm testing sliders I always try with some D4 English teams, middle teams, international squads, a five stars Teams, and playing some classico🤩

If the gameplay looks nice, it's validate. If not, i continue to find the right values.

I'm playing on WC and legend only

I played with them last night, very nice sliders! The pass speed did seem a bit slow as first but I soon got used to it and it actually calms the game down much more and leads to less erratic animations. Good job 🙂

I played with them last night, very nice sliders! The pass speed did seem a bit slow as first but I soon got used to it and it actually calms the game down much more and leads to less erratic animations. Good job 🙂
I think I can do better🤞with more crosses

Two exemples of V3

PSG Vs Marseille

A champion's League match :SL Benfica Vs Marseille

@saturator i know, you probably have it ready to be released, in you back hand, just waiting for someone to ask… 😉

When will V4 be released?!?!?!

Give the community at least a rough date and on that exact date… move it to later! Be more professional here, dude! Haven’t you learned anything from the past?! 😂

😊

@saturator i know, you probably have it ready to be released, in you back hand, just waiting for someone to ask… 😉

When will V4 be released?!?!?!

Give the community at least a rough date and on that exact date… move it to later! Be more professional here, dude! Haven’t you learned anything from the past?! 😂

😊

Hi mate.
l'm on holidays since friday so no PS5/Series X and no FIFA 23 until saturday😎.
I will release the V4 before God of War Ragnarok so before Novembre the 9th, I promise !

Thanks @Matt10 been enjoying these a fair bit, even watching some COM v COM games with this set has been entertaining.

Regarding goal keepers though, take it that slider won't do anything about them being nigh on indestructible from corners?

Thanks @Matt10 been enjoying these a fair bit, even watching some COM v COM games with this set has been entertaining.

Regarding goal keepers though, take it that slider won't do anything about them being nigh on indestructible from corners?
I did that with @saturator‘s set when I had a friend over like 4 weeks ago.
We were working on something and had the CPU playing it out between our fav teams. To our surprise, that was really entertaining and we got hold up by it, watching the scenes unfold a couple of times. 😊

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom