You can already decrypt and encrypt the locale, Aranaktu released a script.

And you can still mod gameplay and many other things with FET, I'd say it's far from useless
And you can remove the scripting?
Can you prevent EA breaking the mods at will?

Can anyone design their own local ini mods and re-encrypt them? Will the modders make the command lines available. I have them from fifa 21 but without them from 22, its impossible to create ini mods.

Fifa 21 even when modded was pretty much hopeless and totally unrealistic. In months of playing i never saw the cpu take a single long shot. EA actually removed one of the command line instructions that allowed me to create an ini that enabled cpu distance shooting. Without that command line, the CPU could not shoot. You know all of this anyway.

I think its great that people work to mod fifa but EA are firmly in the driving seat. You never ever know with fifa if you have won fair and square or the scripting let you win.
Even when modded heavily, I got sick of the perennial last minute scripted goal from the CPU. We all know when the scripting kicks in. Its so visible. It ruins the game.

Last edited:
We improved EBX writing even further with much better support for complex arrays. This means stuff like hotspots can now be edited.

At this point, the new EBX format is pretty much fully working. There are still a few EBX types the writer doesn't support, but they are rarely used. For now, we will focus on mesh importing, and work on supporting those last EBX types later on. Release soon, once tested.

1633998294970.png
1633998331227.png

We added initial mesh import support for FIFA 22 and Madden 22, although it's buggy for Madden. We also made tons of improvements around EBX writing so it's much more stable, as well as many other improvements, including getting the tool to work with Madden's latest update.

1634078814031.png

We added initial mesh import support for FIFA 22 and Madden 22, although it's buggy for Madden. We also made tons of improvements around EBX writing so it's much more stable, as well as many other improvements, including getting the tool to work with Madden's latest update.

View attachment 126564
Why is the Barca kit ‘Red’ so dull/dark? It’s almost Brown lol - Can you fix this in your mod?

Feature Roundup:

Our first step in aiding the ability to transfer content from FIFA 21 -> 22, we added a setting to accept PNG/HDR/TGA for DDS when using the legacy batch import.

1634495817889.png

We also added a Batch Import feature for the data explorer, which includes subfolders.

1634495855733.png

We added Face Import, which will appear when clicking on a folder like var_0. It will prompt you to select a folder, then using advanced filters it will detect which file is which, and open the head mesh. If any files are not found it will report that too.

faceimport.gif

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to extract the 'playerlinks' and 'player' data from the latest Squads update file? I can get it from the core files but they aren't up to date i.e. Ronaldo at Juve etc

Is it possible to use it without the game. I often just wanted to export some textures for Pes. Or is there another way to get the texture from the files?

Is it possible to use it without the game. I often just wanted to export some textures for Pes. Or is there another way to get the texture from the files?

That's the kind of thing that can get the modding community into hot water and companies like EA make it even harder than it currently is to have a modding community, if not to take steps to stop modding completely.

Looks very interesting, just such a shame can't go from the NG version to the PC version.
As would love to be able to use the Cheat Engine mods to make the career mode much better and have properly custom textures.

Possible yes, but it will never happen. Frosty works fine, so why would it be needed?

Frosty doesn't allow importing meshes, which render the editing of the game really limited.
FIFA17 is a great game, but it has one big default, the ball size, which is ridiculously small.
I tried to use cheat engine to increase the ball size the way we can in FIFA16, but instead of having a bigger ball, we are getting a floating ball. Because the ball model doesn't adjust. I am almost positive that if we could import ball models with the size increased in blender we could get a proper ball size in the game. Unfortunately, even with the alpha version of frosty, exporting a ball mesh and reimporting it (without editing it) makes the ball transparent because mesh import is not supported for FIFA17.

Back
Top Bottom