FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

@Hels The Ronin raise them as Issues on the Github. I wont look here often and at least I can track them there.
Aight, will give it a look cause I don't know how that's made, but will try to. Better make the life easier for the dev, best way to keep him productive. Still, as I've said before, your tool is very interesting, and allows to edit certain things that FET won't, so my congrats and keep up the good work!

@Paul-v could you make possible to save/mod import project files made in previous update SDK with the new SDK, so that the value carries from previous update to new updates without having all the work lost, or having to redone it manually? Would be a banger. If you're able to do so, thanks a lot.

As I have the career and gameplay mod running now for some time and enjoying it a lot, there are 2 more things I’m looking for now to enhance the experience even further.
1. correct rosters/current transfers
2. correct team names and kits for all teams

any files out there I can just drop in FMT and be good?!

Have a great weekend y’all! 👋

As I have the career and gameplay mod running now for some time and enjoying it a lot, there are 2 more things I’m looking for now to enhance the experience even further.
1. correct rosters/current transfers
2. correct team names and kits for all teams

any files out there I can just drop in FMT and be good?!

Have a great weekend y’all! 👋
Can't you just download latest squad file mate through EA and they is mods out there which give you the Italian licence teams etc

Can't you just download latest squad file mate through EA and they is mods out there which give you the Italian licence teams etc
Well, last weekend I still had J. Felix at Athl. Madrid for example. Maybe I should download the latest steam update, thrusts been waiting for some days now…

thought there were files that could easily be dropped in FMT.

Well, last weekend I still had J. Felix at Athl. Madrid for example. Maybe I should download the latest steam update, thrusts been waiting for some days now…

thought there were files that could easily be dropped in FMT.
Last update broke the FMT for me. Just don't. You'll need to have all the mods updated to work under game last SDK.

Ok, so when I open a project made with the previous SDK, I can't save it with the new SDK. The tool will crash. Keeps happening on the newest version on the app 23.20 Pre-release 4. This means I have to start my whole project form 0 manually copying the values, since the EBX importing won't work anyway.

I am seriously angry now, and not with Paul, he's done his best to give us a tool, but with EA, launching again A BREAKING UPDATE in order to give fucking Ultimate Team rewards.

This updates are a nightmare for modders trying to make out from FIFA a game somewhat close to what real football is.

I know is not your fault, @Paul-v but please, try to give us a new version where this doesn't happen, and try somewhat to fix the importing. I get my imports might be wrong cause my project is inherited from opening a FIFAmod (since projects can't be opened) that I had with my previous FET work, but without importing being fixed and with updates breaking your tool, is getting really hard to work with it, even when I preffer it over FET since it allows to open 2 EBX (now 1 but well) that FET didn't allow us to open, more precisely gp_defense_tackling (the one I couldn't open this update) and gp_positioning_attacking_general (this one I could open it).

If you could make something so we could carry on the work previous-update to this new update, you'd be king. Or the EBX importing. Or both, that'd be superb. Cause thinking about starting to mod every value back from the scrap (even if it is only copying from the old project to the new one, since the old project can't be saved but can be opened) is giving me already cold shivers.

Thanks for your efforts, Paul!

Ok, so when I open a project made with the previous SDK, I can't save it with the new SDK. The tool will crash. Keeps happening on the newest version on the app 23.20 Pre-release 4. This means I have to start my whole project form 0 manually copying the values, since the EBX importing won't work anyway.

I am seriously angry now, and not with Paul, he's done his best to give us a tool, but with EA, launching again A BREAKING UPDATE in order to give fucking Ultimate Team rewards.

This updates are a nightmare for modders trying to make out from FIFA a game somewhat close to what real football is.

I know is not your fault, @Paul-v but please, try to give us a new version where this doesn't happen, and try somewhat to fix the importing. I get my imports might be wrong cause my project is inherited from opening a FIFAmod (since projects can't be opened) that I had with my previous FET work, but without importing being fixed and with updates breaking your tool, is getting really hard to work with it, even when I preffer it over FET since it allows to open 2 EBX (now 1 but well) that FET didn't allow us to open, more precisely gp_defense_tackling (the one I couldn't open this update) and gp_positioning_attacking_general (this one I could open it).

If you could make something so we could carry on the work previous-update to this new update, you'd be king. Or the EBX importing. Or both, that'd be superb. Cause thinking about starting to mod every value back from the scrap (even if it is only copying from the old project to the new one, since the old project can't be saved but can be opened) is giving me already cold shivers.

Thanks for your efforts, Paul!
You are waiting for my "fmtproj file" to fully work.

It has been a bug bear of mine since Frostbite came out and we used Frosty Editor. Whenever a big change occurred to an EBX object, the entire project & mod would break. This is caused by the Editor tool's saving the raw binary to the file that the game used back in its old state, whenever the object changed, it would break the file. I made strides in stopping it breaking fbproject files but it was annoying when you would have to re-enter stuff for everything that was broken.

People who edit faces / textures etc wouldnt care about any of this as their EBX hasn't changed for years and it wont change per update either. So this is why old tools never really went any further with this work.

I've had a hectic month, so I havent been around much.

- I built a new PC (it is a massive upgrade to my old tech, now on latest AMD X3D and DDR5, noice!)
- Work has been so busy that I couldn't be bothered to sit on my PC afterward
- I have been unwell with covid over the two weeks but still working from home
- On holiday with my family this week whilst dealing with covid sluggishness, so no PC time

So I've been sleeping or busy XD.

I just got home from my day out and updated the game and checking out the mess for myself. Surprising to see EA make such a big change so late in the game cycle.

It has been a bug bear of mine since Frostbite came out and we used Frosty Editor. Whenever a big change occurred to an EBX object, the entire project & mod would break. This is caused by the Editor tool's saving the raw binary to the file that the game used back in its old state, whenever the object changed, it would break the file. I made strides in stopping it breaking fbproject files but it was annoying when you would have to re-enter stuff for everything that was broken.

People who edit faces / textures etc wouldnt care about any of this as their EBX hasn't changed for years and it wont change per update either. So this is why old tools never really went any further with this work.

- I built a new PC (it is a massive upgrade to my old tech, now on latest AMD X3D and DDR5, noice!)
- On holiday with my family this week whilst dealing with covid sluggishness, so no PC time

I just got home from my day out and updated the game and checking out the mess for myself. Surprising to see EA make such a big change so late in the game cycle.
You had COVID? Still hitting here and there, it seems... Congrats on your pc upgrade. Ultra settings, there you go.

I was hoping that the new update was enough with updating the SDK since it's not a title update but a small one, mainly concerning online cards, and hoped they didn't touched EBX, but seems we are not that lucky.

I don't get this update neither, but surprise motherfuckers. If EA doesn't mess up something, it seems they are not satisfied. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hope you can clean the mess quicky. I'd give a help myself, cause I've made some programming, but I am afraid you probably work on C++ or # and I don't know too much of C, know mostly Java. Know C++/# is also object oriented but I ain't have the knowledge in language grammar as to try and do something.

I was forced to install EA App (it seems that Origin is inactive from now on). Does FMT work ok with the EA App? I've tried 2 mods (one gameplay and one graphical stuff) and it seems that the game is still vanilla. Mods were updated to work with the latest TU9.

I was forced to install EA App (it seems that Origin is inactive from now on). Does FMT work ok with the EA App? I've tried 2 mods (one gameplay and one graphical stuff) and it seems that the game is still vanilla. Mods were updated to work with the latest TU9.
You need to put in the EA App parameters (or in Steam if you have the game through Steam) -usePath ModData, or something of the like.

I hope also that you can give us also a pre-release version with fmtproj ASAP. I understand though that you might want to test it out and want to take your time, and I respect it, but on the meanwhile, all of us who make GP mods are trapped without the possibility of updating our mods to update 9 if it is not manually, which would take a nice ammount of time. So, I'll be waiting till you feel like it is time to pull it out! Thanks for your work again, and hopethis tool keeps improving!

Bro. I am paralyzed without it. Obviously that he can take his time, but without those who work with FMT have to rework the mod manually. Don't think you get an idea of the amount of time that is.
He certainly does know.

And so do I.

Anyway. Im not sure exactly what you are doing with the tool. The only change that broke fbproject in title update 9 was tackling EBX (which fbproject just removes so you can fix it), i just rebuilt it for my mod anyway. fmtproj is close to being finished and just always works with EBX. Just gotta fix legacy and resources. Probably wont have time to look at this until next week now.

Imagine how "paralyzed" you'd be if Paul decided enough of the whining and entitlement from the community as a whole and decided to walk away for the sake of his time and sanity?
I am no entitled. In fact, you sound quite more entitled than me. I am just claiming the dire need we have of an update of his tool, specially when many of the modders depend of it and since when switching to it, we kind of risked every advancement we made with it to be lost, and have to go back to FET. But guess what, is not like there was no other tool. Precisely the fact that I urge him to update his tool is because I want to keep using it instead of going back to FET, but worst of cases...

There's a clear truth here. Paul's tool allows to tweak a couple of EBX that don't work in FET and that's indeed a major advancement, but if for being able to work with FMT I am going to have to wait too much, I guess I'll have to go back to FET, something that I don't want to and it'd be a pity.

I ain't forcing him to do anything, just letting know the need we have to keep working with his tool.

He certainly does know.

And so do I.

Anyway. Im not sure exactly what you are doing with the tool. The only change that broke fbproject in title update 9 was tackling EBX (which fbproject just removes so you can fix it), i just rebuilt it for my mod anyway. fmtproj is close to being finished and just always works with EBX. Just gotta fix legacy and resources. Probably wont have time to look at this until next week now.
Wait a moment. Can I fix it for myself and keep working on the project? In that case I'd like how can I do so, if it's not too much of an asking. That way I could keep testing things on my mod on this week until fmtproject is finished.

I guessed that something was off with tackling since I couldn't open it. Will try to find some way to fixing it.

As I specifically said "the community as a whole".
But you said it answering to me, so... Thing is, if you make a tool and a lot of people work with it, it'd be nice to fix it asap so those person don't get paralyzed, and although you can discontinue the app, obviously, is not something nice towards the people that decided to back up your project. Hopefully, I see Paul understands this quite good and understands that my demands is not a imperious order but a well reasoned asking in order to be able to continue using his tool, and be on a stop the less time possible.

I don't even need an update if there's some kind of workaround I can do myself to keep modding on the meanwhile. That's all I need. Paul is not my fucking slave and has not any pledge towards the community other than the obvious one of giving support to his tool if he wants people to keep working with it, and obviously he has his own times and I respect that, but again, the sooner I can keep working, the better, and if there's a workaround or either he can upload a test version of the fmtproject version, it'd help a lot to keep the modding flow, so we don't stop.

Now again, if he's gonna be very busy and he considers that the version of the tool with the fmtproject thing is too barebones and unstable to even a test prerelease, well, I will have to wait obviously. I only say that he considers any alternative option in order to have this TU9 do the less harm possible, because in addition, it was not pre-announced and took us all by surprise. That's all.

Have a good day, mate!!

You need to put in the EA App parameters (or in Steam if you have the game through Steam) -usePath ModData, or something of the like.
Yep, it's -dataPatch FIFAModData - that's what I've added as per some YT tutorials. Mods still not working/ loading up via neither Mod Manager or FMT.

Not sure if it's just me?

Yep, it's -dataPatch FIFAModData - that's what I've added as per some YT tutorials. Mods still not working/ loading up via neither Mod Manager or FMT.

I have the same problem now after Update 9...Before i had no problems. I've always used FMT, now I tried both latest FMT and Mod Manager but mods won't load.

It’s -dataPath ModData not -dataPath FIFAModData

Maybe it's beneficial to stop mixing FMT with FET to get the tool running. The tool works fine on the latest update.

Maybe it's beneficial to stop mixing FMT with FET to get the tool running. The tool works fine on the latest update.
Thing is many people started modding in FET to start with. And last time I tried to make a mod it would only export to Fifamod and not to fbmod. Also, is the own tool the one that mixes both allowing to open FET mods, which is a great thing...

Dunno. I think the tool is ambitious and has many things that put it ahead FET, which is the main reason to use it. Cause let's be honest. Why would I use one tool over the other specially if the whole modding ecosystem is designed for FET?

I understand that makes things more difficult also, but I think is a needed feature.

Right now, though, is false that the tool works perfectly in TU 9. It does as long as you start a new project and for the sake of loading mods. But editor still has issues. I know that things will get solved and I can and will be patient (as if I had another thing to do) but the sooner all gets fixed, the better. And I know that might sound salty, but it is undeniably true that the sooner modders can get back to work, the better for the community and the sooner we can have mod variety.

Now, let's let Paul work, since he has quite much to do probably. Is a bless we have so much talent in the community.

Thing is many people started modding in FET to start with. And last time I tried to make a mod it would only export to Fifamod and not to fbmod. Also, is the own tool the one that mixes both allowing to open FET mods, which is a great thing...

Dunno. I think the tool is ambitious and has many things that put it ahead FET, which is the main reason to use it. Cause let's be honest. Why would I use one tool over the other specially if the whole modding ecosystem is designed for FET?

I understand that makes things more difficult also, but I think is a needed feature.

Right now, though, is false that the tool works perfectly in TU 9. It does as long as you start a new project and for the sake of loading mods. But editor still has issues. I know that things will get solved and I can and will be patient (as if I had another thing to do) but the sooner all gets fixed, the better. And I know that might sound salty, but it is undeniably true that the sooner modders can get back to work, the better for the community and the sooner we can have mod variety.

Now, let's let Paul work, since he has quite much to do probably. Is a bless we have so much talent in the community.

Thats not true. I imported my TU5 project(which had some ebx changes) fine on the latest update. I just had to do the metadata again like mod name and author. It should only break changes to the specific ebx files that were changed between the TU update, not the whole project.

Edit: But then again, i never used FET so that must be why.

Thats not true. I imported my TU5 project(which had some ebx changes) fine on the latest update. I just had to do the metadata again like mod name and author. It should only break changes to the specific ebx files that were changed between the TU update, not the whole project.

Edit: But then again, i never used FET so that must be why.
Normally, as soon as you got changes in one ebx file the whole project should be corrupted. At least, it was like this in FET (and still).

Back
Top Bottom