FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

set it all up, even controller was working fine with no weird movement ingame. i had to restart my computer though, since then... it never started with the root sign
That is EXACTLY my experience. I rebooted and it all went to hell. I'm convinced EA App has something to do with it because Paul's mods and tools are flawless. It isn't him.
@Topaz , is there reason to believe thinsg would improve with Origin? Because I have it installed but I never thought to try loading the game through there.

That is EXACTLY my experience. I rebooted and it all went to hell. I'm convinced EA App has something to do with it because Paul's mods and tools are flawless. It isn't him.
@Topaz , is there reason to believe thinsg would improve with Origin? Because I have it installed but I never thought to try loading the game through there.
And the weird thing is using Origin my mods would sometimes randomly stop working, hasn't happened once with the EA App!

And the weird thing is using Origin my mods would sometimes randomly stop working, hasn't happened once with the EA App!
I did tests with Origin tonight. Doesn't work.
And the mod refuses to run at all now, no matter what I do. The only thing that ever works is FULLY uninstalling, EA App, the game, the modding tool,... to have that happen potentially at any moment when I get a window to play a match? Too inconsistent, unfortunately.

Same thing with me whilst using Origin. Replays dont work either as some mods stop working and game freezes atimes. Hopefully paul irons some of the bugs out

Make sure you have firewall completely disabling FIFA 22 online connecting(You can tell it refuses to connect to the network in game). Also make sure to run the origin/ea play first in offline mode before you run the game using the tool. Also never match fbmod with fifamods too and ensure inside the FMT.LastPatchedVersion.json, the version is 1604240 and make sure these folders are being created after you launch the tool: "LegacyMods", "ModData".

Edit: Quick way to verify if the ModData is being overriden is going inside the folder "ModData/Data/Win32" and making sure the timestamp for date modified of "globals.toc" matches with the timestamp you ran the tool. If it still doesn't work, you have an external antivirus that is disabling patching. If you are on Windows 10, you can use this tool to disable the default antivirus -> https://www.sordum.org/9480/defender-control-v2-1/

Assicurati di avere un firewall che disabiliti completamente la connessione online di FIFA 22 (puoi dire che si rifiuta di connettersi alla rete durante il gioco). Assicurati inoltre di eseguire origin/ea play prima in modalità offline prima di eseguire il gioco utilizzando lo strumento. Inoltre, non abbinare mai fbmod anche a fifamods e assicurazioni che all'interno di FMT.LastPatchedVersion.json, la versione sia 1604240 e assicurazioni che queste cartelle verranno create dopo aver avviato lo strumento: "LegacyMods", "ModData".

Modifica: un modo rapido per verificare se il ModData viene sovrascritto è entrare nella cartella "ModData/Data/Win32" e assicurarsi che il timestamp per la data di modifica di "globals.toc" corrisponda al timestamp in cui è stato eseguito lo strumento. Se continua a non funzionare, hai un antivirus esterno che sta disabilitando l'applicazione delle patch. Se sei su Windows 10, puoi utilizzare questo strumento per disabilitare l'antivi
I also no longer load the mod, I checked the "globals.toc" file and in fact it is dated 16.11.2022, what should I do?
I am using Origin

Quick way to verify if the ModData is being overriden is going inside the folder "ModData/Data/Win32" and making sure the timestamp for date modified of "globals.toc" matches with the timestamp you ran the tool.
Just started from the beginning again doing everything you suggested.
- globals.toc DOES have the timestamp from when the FMT was run
- the game is offline and was run once first offline
- the game, EA App, and FMT are all on my exlusions list on my windows antivirus
- I used an entirely new version of FMT
- FMT.LastPatchedVersion.json version is 1604240

Mod is still not loading despite all this, so I think there MUST be some other factor because right now it feels very random when the game does and does not load the mod.

Happy Christmas all. Warm welcome back to the Premier League too.

There is not much I can do to help you all apart from the instructions I provided. I have Origin on my main PC, works every single time. I have EA Desktop on my laptop, it took me to reinstall and reapply the command variable to force it to work after a few weeks of not using it. It hasn't failed since.

The only other way is for me to allow you guys to overwrite files directly, which was my previous EA Desktop work around. This is incredibly unsafe though, which is why I'd rather not.

There is not much I can do to help you all apart from the instructions I provided.
Thank you, anway, Paul. Very much appreciated. I guess sometimes it just is what it is.
It would be interesting to know what things could possibly cause this so I could go looking for problematic registry entries or to have an idea of what to do if I wanted to try a third time of starting from scratch and reinstalling everything.

UPDATE: I removed EVERYthing and started again but only through Origin removing the EA App which seems to cause people problems. Still doesnt work. Just figure I'll leave my progress here for anyone else that may have trouble.
Also, from the bit that I play before closing the game, I'm starting to wonder if you absolutely must see the splash screen for the mod to have loaded because the gameplay seems changed.

Last edited:
Tried again, using the defender disabling tool. still not working.
the global file gets a time stamp when I start with FMT though.…

really don’t know what I have done different when it was working one time.

The only time i had any issues was when i had the firewall off and allowing FIFA 23 internet access. I guess i could upload part of my FIFA 23 folder or my FMT folder.

Last edited:
The only time i had any issues was when i had firewall on. I guess i could upload part of my FIFA 23 folder or my FMT folder.
Defender was disabled via recommended tool. Not sure if I had the windows firewall disabled too. Will check again. 👍

reg. folder uploads, I guess it’s a setting on my system as folder and modData looks ok to me. So no need for now but thx.

Here's my FMT folder:
Well, other than your autosaves for your projects, yours and mine are identical. But regardless, I don't think the modding tool would be the problem here because it doesn't even put anything into your registry. I think the problem many of us are having here are Windows-specific problems that have more to do with our system setups.
I think I've spent two weeks trying to make this work which was two weeks not playing. The footage of people playing online with the OS sliders looks good enough to me at least for now. I do think it's important to not let this game connect like always so you don't download some moronic update that ruins the game for good. But I think I wanna play now.

Last edited:
Well, other than your autosaves for your projects, yours and mine are identical. But regardless, I don't think the modding tool would be the problem here because it doesn't even put anything into your registry. I think the problem many of us are having here are Windows-specific problems that have more to do with our system setups.
I think I've spent two weeks trying to make this work which was two weeks not playing. The footage of people playing online with the OS sliders looks good enough to me at least for now. I do think it's important to not let this game connect like always so you don't download some moronic update that ruins the game for good. But I think I wanna play now.

Here's my details for FIFA23.exe. Not sure if it's the same for you or not. But yeah if it's the same, then the problem is likely OS specific. I am running Windows 10 19044.

Attachments

• details.PNG
    details.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 19
I am not sure. I am running on Title Update 5.
Well, I guess then the only other thing to try is to let the game update to TU5. It's just contrary to everything I know to let a game update. :LOL:
I just did an update and the game still says November 23 for the EXE.

Last edited:
Well, I guess then the only other thing to try is to let the game update to TU5. It's just contrary to everything I know to let a game update. :LOL:
I just did an update and the game still says November 23 for the EXE.

I am not sure why my exe has different hash than yours. Seems like we don't have the same executable. Something weird is happening. Did you update through Origin? Try fully uninstalling the game and check when was the EXE last modified.

I am not sure why my exe has different hash than yours. Seems like we don't have the same executable. Something weird is happening. Did you update through Origin? Try fully uninstalling the game and check when was the EXE last modified.
What do you mean the same hash?

I had fully removed EVERYthing. Like, everything, I posted about it above. I even deleted the modding tool and set it up again.
When I went to reinstall, I went with Origin instead of the EA App. In fact I even removed the EA App altogether.

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! 🎉

Couldn't find an answer to this, but do I need to run the FMT-tool every time I start the game? Or is it enough to run it through EA launcher with the parameters enabled, once the tool has done it's job?

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! 🎉

Couldn't find an answer to this, but do I need to run the FMT-tool every time I start the game? Or is it enough to run it through EA launcher with the parameters enabled, once the tool has done it's job?
Apparently not. But I'm wondering about that myself because I seem to have a problem getting the mod to load at all.

Back
Top Bottom