FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

hi - i recently reinstalled Fifa23 and then went to reinstall your mod.

I noticed that Fifa 23 took up 46gb of disk space after the initial install but after running FMT and letting it build the cache, the Fifa23 install directory shot upto 131gb. Just wondering why its adding 85gb

Excuse me sorry
I opened EBX for editing and corrected the values.
But, the folder window keeps resetting, so I have to find and open the folder again to edit the next EBX.
Is there any convenient way?

Excuse me sorry
But, the folder window keeps resetting, so I have to find and open the folder again to edit the next EBX.
Export the entire folder, edit it on VS Code and then import it.

Excuse me sorry
Yep. This was annoying me too. It is so that it will highlight what has been edited but the list resets.

I have updated this logic in 23.19 and released this morning.

• 4e81621 UPD: Browser refresh button enables and disables dependant on state
  • 79a912e UPD: All compilers attempt to modify native_patch before native_data
  • b9154b5 [All Games/FIFA23 Fix]: Compiler rechecks ALL bundles for Changes.
  • 370b698 FIX: EBXX Array. Only write if we have same Count.
  • b2fac60 NEW: FileLogger to help DEBUG Live Instances
  • 03e5ce0 UPD: Improve support for JSON->EBX Importing
  • 2339635 UPD: Browser Update logic only occur on Refresh
  • d81dbc0 UPD: FIFA23 TU6.1 SDK

Last edited:
Does anybody managed to export .fifamod files with textures changes (kit importation using the Kit Creator tab) and make it work with both FIFA 22 and 23?

I'm trying to figure out how to make my tool (DKG) export data as .fifamod, so I would like to ensure that FMT exports this format successfully...

On FIFA 22 the altered kit isn't show at all, neither the player model is loaded, but the game keeps running.

While on FIFA 23 the game just crashes when that kit selected.

Good morning troopers.

I was forced on to EA Desktop on my main PC today and decided enough was enough, I needed to find a way to fix EA Desktop support, properly. After 2 hours, I found a way.

So today, I will pre-release the following FMT for those who wish to test my idea. It essentially, finds a config file and applies the correct ModData data path for the game you have run. If you have done this already, it will just run as normal.

As a side note. I'd like to expand this idea to Steam but unfortunately do not have any EA game on Steam. I will likely do a guess work scenario in the future and let the world test it.

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-60

Summary of changes from GitHub.

Summary​

It is highly recommended you only use this version on FIFA 21 and FIFA 23

• #22 Significantly improve EA Desktop support (Only for FIFA21, 22 & 23, for now). The app will now build the mods, apply the command lines and launch the game for you.
  • A rediculous amount of background work (Breaking many older SDKs / Games, for now)
  • Loads of stuff nobody will care about
  • Fix some memory leaks

Changes:​

• 9773805 Add support for Converting FIFAMod to Projects (internal testing)
  • 4959cff Add SteamId to Profile ready for future Steam support
  • f900a5b Moving toward a cacheless mod load. Not fully implemented yet.
  • 2086f2b EADesktop automatic setup of dataPath and launching support
  • 028df2a Add CSIL to credits (sorry for not adding before)
  • 29d1c58 The decoupling into FMT.FileTools (micro library) project
  • d73666b Add Length Prefixed Bytes function to Reader/Writer
  • d636dba Version Increment
  • 843fb29 Minor fixes
  • 4361f19 UPD: Binding flags for GetProperties
  • 0a1b2fd [NEW] Start of new Project format
  • 0d24755 [DEBUG] Written gameplay mods
  • 96f169d [FIFA 22] Disable support. Again.
  • b65787c [DEBUG] Handlers for FIFA GP stuff
  • 3b26ab7 UPD: EbxWriter2022 improvements
  • 83c2b15 [Json] Improvements made to import of json to ebx
  • fe1b684 Leak detection in TextureExporter
  • 8660c59 UPD: Improve Texture Importer in plugin detection
  • 05e833b UPD: Show loading screen when importing a file
  • b0f8946 [BUG FIX] If original count of Array doesnt match modified count result in Editor Error
  • 5ecd7d6 [BUG FIX] Import Texture reporting as failed incorrectly
  • fb784b9 [MEM LEAK] Images are leaking. Added some code to alleviate.
  • 8add3bd [BUG FIX] Dispatcher Invoke for Multi-Threaded calls
  • ae9b6a3 [FIFA 23] TU7 SDK
  • f3a4c2a Merge pull request #27 from paulov-t/DeadSpaceRemake
  • c05e862 [Dead Space 2023] Initial version (Read Only tests)

https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/wiki

All tutorials are there. You can use it with origin but you must add the startup command:
-datapath moddata

Also this FMT supports both FMT mods as well as fifamod files.

By support fifamod files you meant just to open them? Cause I tried to export kit mods with FMT for both FIFA 22 and 23 and it didn't worked like I mentioned on my last message here...

By support fifamod files you meant just to open them? Cause I tried to export kit mods with FMT for both FIFA 22 and 23 and it didn't worked like I mentioned on my last message here...
That I do not know. But what I know is that you can use both types of mods with FMT.

That I do not know. But what I know is that you can use both types of mods with FMT.
Yeah, I assume FMT only works as a fifamod importer, but it doesn't export this format correctly. At least it didn't on my tests, hence my question that nobody answered so far.

Yeah, I assume FMT only works as a fifamod importer, but it doesn't export this format correctly. At least it didn't on my tests, hence my question that nobody answered so far.
And like I said to you via DM. If you are going to focus solely on fifamod, use FIFA Editor Tool. That tool has what you are looking for and native support for fifamod!

I have origin can I use your mod?
Yes. Nothing to do with Origin has changed. EADesktop (& anything that uses it, like Steam) is detected and runs separately.
And another thing can I use other mods with this tool?
Yes. 99.9% of mods built with FIFA Editor Tool for FIFA Mod Manager will work. As @mahanddeem said. There is a Wiki right here that summarizes it fairly well. https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/wiki/FIFA:-*.fifamod-support

And like I said to you via DM. If you are going to focus solely on fifamod, use FIFA Editor Tool. That tool has what you are looking for and native support for fifamod!
I'm, I just would like to confirm if FMT can/cannot export functional .fifamod files, cause considering the option to do so exists, there would be a chance.

I've been trying to reverse engineering FIFA Editor Tool to figure out how .fifamod files are generated, but the tool isn't open source like yours, so it's harder to work with. Hence my questions...

I'm, I just would like to confirm if FMT can/cannot export functional .fifamod files, cause considering the option to do so exists, there would be a chance.

I've been trying to reverse engineering FIFA Editor Tool to figure out how .fifamod files are generated, but the tool isn't open source like yours, so it's harder to work with. Hence my questions...
As far as I know, people still use my old gameplay v2 on FMM which was generated via FMT. I have no idea if things have changed since then but it worked a few months ago. My primary focus is on FMT now.

As far as I know, people still use my old gameplay v2 on FMM which was generated via FMT. I have no idea if things have changed since then but it worked a few months ago. My primary focus is on FMT now.
Well, I'll keep an eye open for your updates then, if I don't succeed with FET, maybe FMT could provide the information I need in the future.

I can confirm these "old gameplay" v2 still works like a charme. I am still on TU 5 with my Steam Version of the game. The gameplay have everything imo what I would say is the key for an motivated Career Mode Start. I am currently at Matchday 5 plus start in the Champions League game and I love the unexpected moments and the AI errors during a game. The AI on Legend difficulty didn´t score everytime a goal when they had the chance to do. They missed chances and that´s awesome in a FIFA game. Never seen that so realistic before. The game is so much fun because the unexpected moments gives a whole match so much new variety related to counter attacks etc. What is also awesome is the fact the game score isn´t that weird as in default game. The scores in 2 x 6 minutes what I played is 1:1, 2:0 or 2:1 etc- Sometimes when I played default gameplay the score leads in 2x4 Minutes to 5:4 or 4:4. That was everytime the moment when I quit playing Career mode.

Sometimes I wish the AI would cross more instead of trying to dribble inside my box from the wings. On the other Side it´s amazing to see how the whole AI team moves back in their own half when I am leading the ball. Not that useless pressing of SV Meppen ( third League Germany ) playing against me in cup match when I am controlling Bayern Munich. The Ai let you build your game till the mid line and than they attack you. Great to watch for the own eyes!
Over the running straight over the wings without getting attacked and easily pass the ball to your Striker in the middle of the box. Just real Soccer behaviour and that inside an EA game.
It needs now a match plan to overcome the AI. I wonder if some of the Ultimate Team Players play a gameplay like v2. Their motivation would go close to zero because of they had something to "work" in their brains. :D

I tried also the other gp´s like v3 but for me I stick at the moment with v2 as long as I can stay on TU 5. But always intend to test the new releases.

@gabrimo I tested last time many many fifamod mods with Paul´s FMT and can clearly say most of them works. Even legacy files like TV Logos or Scoreboards. The improvement of the FMT to let FET mods run with comes to an great point. Like Paul mentioned, also his fbmods could work in FET, but they don´t implement such an feature. Would be very useful for the community.

@gabrimo I tested last time many many fifamod mods with Paul´s FMT and can clearly say most of them works. Even legacy files like TV Logos or Scoreboards. The improvement of the FMT to let FET mods run with comes to an great point. Like Paul mentioned, also his fbmods could work in FET, but they don´t implement such an feature. Would be very useful for the community.
My tests are pretty limited cause I don't have the game. I've imported a kit using the Kit Creator tab and exported the mod as .fifamod for both games (Fifa 22 and 23, selecting each one when open FMT). On Fifa 22, if the modified kit is selected, nothing appears, not even the player's model, but the game keeps running. On FIFA 23 I asked for a acquaintance to test and he said it just crashed.

Maybe I missed something, could you please create a simple kit mod and export it to see if it will work?

My tests are pretty limited cause I don't have the game. I've imported a kit using the Kit Creator tab and exported the mod as .fifamod for both games (Fifa 22 and 23, selecting each one when open FMT). On Fifa 22, if the modified kit is selected, nothing appears, not even the player's model, but the game keeps running. On FIFA 23 I asked for a acquaintance to test and he said it just crashed.

Maybe I missed something, could you please create a simple kit mod and export it to see if it will work?
I will do this. I give you feedback Tuesday evening. But you aware that with the new release of the FMT Paul mentioned/recommend to not using it with FIFA 22. Which Version of FMT do you had used for your tests? I will test the kit mod with an previous Version of FMT and let you know. I will provide you also some Screenshots.

I will do this. I give you feedback Tuesday evening. But you aware that with the new release of the FMT Paul mentioned/recommend to not using it with FIFA 22. Which Version of FMT do you had used for your tests? I will test the kit mod with an previous Version of FMT and let you know. I will provide you also some Screenshots.

Many thanks, yeah I'm aware that he couldn't test properly on FIFA 22, but considering it's the only game I have and the option do exist in the tool I thought it was worth a try. No need of screenshots (don't wanna give you more work/flood the thread with images), I just need to know that works. Please test both workflows if possible, the manual one where you navigate to the file and import the texture yourself and through the Kit Creator tab.

The FMT release I have here is the 23.19.8430.13509.

YOu need to set the Start Arguments line in EA App. This way it always works for me. I am owning the Steam Version of FIFA 23, so I can only put the line there and it works. The kits I have imported with FMT are shown in my game.
If you missed it unless now, put these string inside your client or to the People who have said the imported kits won´t shown in game.
FIFA 23 Start Argument field: -dataPath ModData
I attached you some Screenshots in PM. So we don´t spam Paul´s thread with Images. So check your PM.

Good morning all,

I have released another Pre-Release of FMT v23.20.PR3

v23.20.PR3 focuses on:
  • More fixes with mod compilation, with a fallback to old methods if the newer ones don't work
  • Improved FIFAMod and FBMod opening via the Editor User Interface, including Textures and Legacy files
  • More extensive use of the FileLogger for users to submit if they discover issues
  • Launcher can now auto close after launching game with mods
  • Updated SDKs across most games
  • Fixes to Game Location discovery (old methods were conflicting with Registry discovery)
Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-66

Ok, so... I can open FIFAMod (I suppose FBMod too) but I can't save them as a FMT project (for some reason it won't save even when it says it does) neither opening FET projects nor saving in .fifaproject extension, and since I can't open FIFA project and EBX importing in FMT was not working for me neither, I can't pass my previous work in FET to FMT project if it is not by manually copying, which would be quite time consuming... Any workaround you have for this, please?

Last edited:
Ok, update here. Been able to save into Fbproject but now I have the next problem:

[ERROR] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FrostySdk.FrostbiteModWriter.WriteProject(FrostbiteProject project)
at FrostySdk.FrostbiteProject.WriteToMod(String filename, ModSettings overrideSettings)
at FIFAModdingUI.Windows.FIFA21Editor.btnProjectWriteToMod_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

I am getting this error when trying to export to Fbmod, any guidance you can give me about this?

Hope this feedback is useful to you, also, @Paul-v .

Another issue I noticed. When I try to edit a decimal value, the app visualizes it with a point, but if when editing, you don't put a coma instead of a point, automatically, the app will transform 31.3 into 313, to make an example. This creates a lot of confusion, so I recommend you to make either signal it witha point or a comma, but always ussing the same notation, and not a different one for when you've edited it and another for when it is edited already.

Back
Top Bottom