FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

I replace Put -dataPath ModData by the address where I installed the game, right?
Could you give me an example? Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm starting...
You are over complicating a simple process. You just do what I wrote exactly and it will work. Short of showing exact pictures or a video I dont know what more I can do for you.

Like @Placebo said. Its literal, just put what i wrote in that box.

You are over complicating a simple process. You just do what I wrote exactly and it will work. Short of showing exact pictures or a video I dont know what more I can do for you.

Like @Placebo said. Its literal, just put what i wrote in that box.
Yes I asked myself too many questions :EMB:, thanks for your availability!

The gameplay is really good, I really like the fact that the AI players tackle as soon as I try to shoot in power, I have to lower the severity of the referee :))

thanks for all your work on this Paul. unfortunately i still can't seem to start the game with the career mod loaded. i'm prob doing something wrong so apologies in advance for that...

Code:
Mod Compiler Started for FIFA23
Running Mod Executer
Detected NO changes in mods for FIFA23.exe
Launching game: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\FIFA23.exe (with Frostbite Mods in ModData)
[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher.
[ERROR] System.NotImplementedException: Could not find class Fifa23AssetCompilerV1 in any plugin! Remember this is case sensitive!!
   at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String modsRootPath, String[] modPaths)
   at FIFAModdingUI.LaunchGame.LaunchAsync(String FIFARootPath, String ModDirectory, List`1 OrderedListOfMods, ILogger logger, String FIFAVERSION, Boolean forceReinstallMods, Boolean useSymbolicLink, Boolean useModData)
   at FMT.LaunchWindow.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<<btnLaunch_Click>b__0>d.MoveNext()

EDIT: still getting the error but the game lauches and the mod seems to be working
Getting the same error

Attachments

• FMT Error.png
    FMT Error.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 34
Hey guys. Whilst FMT does support *.fifamod files, I don't have any good FIFA 23 mods to test with. If anyone has any face or kit mods, could you DM me? Thanks.

For those who want to test out fifamod files.

There is a setting in the FMT App called FIFA23Profile.json (edit with notepad), found in the FrostbiteProfiles folder

Change this:
"SupportedLauncherFileTypes": [ "fbmod" ],
To this:
"SupportedLauncherFileTypes": [ "fbmod", "fifamod" ],

Last edited:
@paulv2k4
Hi, can I ask you mate?
It is possible to add are additional formats for texture exporting, like DDS or TGA?

Thank you for great work.
DDS is already supported (or it should appear in the list of options). TGA could be possible. I had to remove it from the image system due to bugs though.

Evening gamers.

As promised. Partial FIFA 23 *.fifamod support has been added and released.

https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-36

I tested the following mods mixed together. Note the order of the mods.

1667515343066.png

What do I mean by "partial". Essentially "legacy" or technically "chunk collection files" are a pain to deal with in Frostbite. FMT and FET deal with the problem very differently, so the solution to mix the ideas together is a very tough challenge. It may happen in the future.

What does this mean, what in a *.fifamod doesn't work? The following doesn't work.
  • Crests
  • Database / Language Database
  • Mini Kits (kit selection screen kits)
  • Mini Faces (the heads that appear in the Menus)
  • Career files
  • Avatar files (Expanded Customization mods)
  • Other crap that nobody touches (There are 83000+ files in this area!)
That seems like a lot right? In my opinion, it doesn't affect me badly because I have Career mode, Avatar, Crests and the Language Database fixed in my own mods. This was the case with FIFA 21 too!

Obviously, I haven't tested the many mods out there. So feel free to try out whatever you want.

Wanted to shout out to all the people that provided files for me to test out. Thanks all!

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Evening gamers.

View attachment 185585

What do I mean by "partial". Essentially "legacy" or technically "chunk collection files" are a pain to deal with in Frostbite. FMT and FET deal with the problem very differently, so the solution to mix the ideas together is a very tough challenge. It may happen in the future.

What does this mean, what in a *.fifamod doesn't work? The following doesn't work.
  • Crests
  • Career files
That seems like a lot right? In my opinion, it doesn't affect me badly because I have Career mode, Avatar, Crests and the Language Database fixed in my own mods. This was the case with FIFA 21 too!

Obviously, I haven't tested the many mods out there. So feel free to try out whatever you want.

Wanted to shout out to all the people that provided files for me to test out. Thanks all!

Enjoy.
Thanks mate , what would a "career file" consist of ?

Evening gamers.

View attachment 185585

• Crests
  • Career files

Enjoy.
Installed it and on first try it doesn't look like the realism mod works with it . None of the player faces/manager faces are working .

Installed it and on first try it doesn't look like the realism mod works with it . None of the player faces/manager faces are working .
Yes they do, you need to assign them. You obviously never played before FET had its auto assign that only that mod uses haha.

Thanks mate , what would a "career file" consist of ?
Comes part of the career mods. Config files, settings that control transfers goals etc

Yes they do, you need to assign them. You obviously never played before FET had its auto assign that only that mod uses haha.

Comes part of the career mods. Config files, settings that control transfers goals etc
Yeah I've no idea how to do that lol

So basically my best set up would be using just the realism mod faces. Your gameplay and your career mod. Will the esim camera mods work with your app also?
Any chance of a quick guide to get these faces working please

DDS is already supported (or it should appear in the list of options). TGA could be possible. I had to remove it from the image system due to bugs though.
Can you help me, how exactly to export texture in DDS, I see only PNG available?

Без имени.jpg

.thanks for all your work on this Paul. unfortunately i still can't seem to start the game with the career mod loaded. i'm prob doing something wrong so apologies in advance for that...

Code:
Mod Compiler Started for FIFA23
Running Mod Executer
Detected NO changes in mods for FIFA23.exe
Launching game: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\FIFA23.exe (with Frostbite Mods in ModData)
[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher.
[ERROR] System.NotImplementedException: Could not find class Fifa23AssetCompilerV1 in any plugin! Remember this is case sensitive!!
   at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String modsRootPath, String[] modPaths)
   at FIFAModdingUI.LaunchGame.LaunchAsync(String FIFARootPath, String ModDirectory, List`1 OrderedListOfMods, ILogger logger, String FIFAVERSION, Boolean forceReinstallMods, Boolean useSymbolicLink, Boolean useModData)
   at FMT.LaunchWindow.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<<btnLaunch_Click>b__0>d.MoveNext()

EDIT: still getting the error but the game lauches and the mod seems to be working
Just a quick note to say I'm also getting this error @paulv2k4, but it only occurs from the second time of using FMT (when all the mod data has already been prepared).

Tried using the "reinstall mods" switch, same error. But as the above poster says, the game/mods still seem to work!

Just a quick note to say I'm also getting this error @paulv2k4, but it only occurs from the second time of using FMT (when all the mod data has already been prepared).

Tried using the "reinstall mods" switch, same error. But as the above poster says, the game/mods still seem to work!
I had the same error mate what worked for me close down FMT reopen remove mods re add them then good to go

Same. Error shows but game launches fine anyway and mods are being used.

Sorry to ask but I'm getting nowhere. If I try to load fifa after pushing launch on FMT Fifa always just tells me it needs repairing (whether I have mods or not, plus I get no errors on FMT).

Edit: I think I fixed the problem and now get an error message same as @Chris Davies but as Chris says the mods still load.

Last edited:
If there is an error like this, where is the problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot 11_7_2022 5_53_06 AM.png
    Screenshot 11_7_2022 5_53_06 AM.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 18
If there is an error like this, where is the problem?
That can be 1 of 3 problems.

1. Your graphics card really is having problems
2. The DDS file is corrupted
3. The DDS file is the wrong size that it is expecting

Evening peeps.

Latest update released which fixed numerous issues for me with Editor and Launcher. Included a removal of the code that was causing that non game or mod breaking bug when launching mods.

Other than its mostly what was in the Pre-Release of FMT-23.14 but with fixes to *.fifamod writing, FIFA 21 Project fixes and support etc etc. Its all in the release notes :)

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-39

Thanks @paulv2k4 for the tool and mod!

Anyone tried to run with esim mod (.fifamod), can't get it working while loading a match, stuck. I also tried loading both gameplay & esim mod with FMM instead, and they work there fine.

Last edited:
Tha
The esim mod 100% dont work. Not sure what is so special about it or what the developer has done but it just wont work
Thank you Paul, it made on fifamod manager I tried this mod with yours because yours fmd was compatible with fmods

Back
Top Bottom