FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

Hello, Do you drop ".FIFAmod" compatibility with your last update? I would just like confirmation. I tried for example the Endo Turf mod and it does not work, others from elsewhere work on the other hand (camera mod)
Have a good day!

FMT has been updated to 23.15.

SUMMARY

• FIFA 23 TU4 SDK Update and Support
  • FIFA 23 - Full Gameplay EBX support for TU4
  • FIFA 23 - Added *.zip import in Launcher. Automatically extracts into temporary folder and then imports new files
  • FIFA 22 / FIFA 23 - Automatically delete Live Tuning Update folders.
  • Added support that if an EBX Asset is broken due to an update. If you re-save your project file or export to a mod, it fixes or removes what is broken.
  • Added support that when saving to *.fifamod and using a locale.ini change, adds the change to *.fifamod initfs modifications (this is based off information from FIFER Mods)
  • Started work on other tools I wanted to do for a long time (like a proper Career Save File Editor)
  • Add a better Busy/Loading dialog
  • Loads of background work to clean up code and solution
  • Background work to add Regression Testing to the solution
  • Upgrade to .NET 7
Download link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-44

@paulv2k4 I must be doing something dumb but I honestly can't figure what, my simple mods (small bounce marker + no generic TV logo) just don't seem to work anymore for some reason:

Fifa_Mods.jpg
Fifa_Mods_01.jpg
Fifa_Mods_02.jpg

The files are correctly changed in the editor, I click "Launch Game" game loads and the mods aren't implemented.

Same thing if I save as mod and launch from the mod launcher, even if it's the only mod in the list :(

Attachments

• Fifa Modding.rar
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
@paulv2k4 I must be doing something dumb but I honestly can't figure what, my simple mods (small bounce marker + no generic TV logo) just don't seem to work anymore for some reason:

View attachment 188972
View attachment 188974
View attachment 188973

The files are correctly changed in the editor, I click "Launch Game" game loads and the mods aren't implemented.

Same thing if I save as mod and launch from the mod launcher, even if it's the only mod in the list :(
Hey @Placebo,

Many thanks for testing these things out and for the bug report. You definitely confirmed my thoughts on what is going on in the Virtual File System of Frostbite (Patch does not actually overwrite everything AND SuperBundle order means nothing).

Thanks to you, I had something to focus on and fixed it. I will however, keep this as a beta for now. I also worked on the big explorer. My goodness, I did a rough job on that originally! :D

Here is the new version link. v23.16.1

Hey @Placebo,

Many thanks for testing these things out and for the bug report. You definitely confirmed my thoughts on what is going on in the Virtual File System of Frostbite (Patch does not actually overwrite everything AND SuperBundle order means nothing).

Thanks to you, I had something to focus on and fixed it. I will however, keep this as a beta for now. I also worked on the big explorer. My goodness, I did a rough job on that originally! :D

Oh wow your awesomeness knows no bounds! Much thanks :) Out of desperation I did download "another" editor and created the mod in that format then loaded it in your mod loader and that worked fine so that left me even more confused! Glad to find out it was a bug and not me being dumb for once! :)

Hey @Placebo,

Hmm just built a new mod file with the new version and it's the same issue, mod files aren't loaded and the "mods" don't show in game, only using this mod to test nothing else :(

Hmm just built a new mod file with the new version and it's the same issue, mod files aren't loaded and the "mods" don't show in game, only using this mod to test nothing else :(
Hmm. Works fine for me. I even added it to my latest V3 GP and all fine.

Hmm. Works fine for me. I even added it to my latest V3 GP and all fine.

Nope tested again by "making" the mods from scratch, doesn't implement them ingame, I start a quick match and it's still showing EA Sports TV logo in the top right:

Attachments

• Fifa Modding.rar
    14.9 KB · Views: 7
I downloaded your project and run it.

Run through my dev version
1669213412291.png
1669213393812.png

Run through latest Pre-Release
1669213936804.png
1669213900331.png

The image still has its alpha but all seems OK to me. Strange!

This is going to be hard for me to debug.

Nope tested again by "making" the mods from scratch, doesn't implement them ingame, I start a quick match and it's still showing EA Sports TV logo in the top right:
May i just add, that the tv logo problem has been bugging me to no end in FIFA23. Any tv logo mod i use will only appear at prematch and doesn't appear anymore during a match. It's a little thing but it frustrates me to no end. :D

Hey @Placebo,

23.16.1 seems to be crashing for me when negotiating a contract, tried without mods, negotiate fine, deleted it and went back to 23.16 and I can negotiate without the game CTD'ing. Quite odd.

@paulv2k4 I'm curious to know whether your FMT supports modding old FIFAs like 18, 19, 20 etc (I know it's not possible for 17, you said it already). If FMT supports FIFA 19 or 20, I'm pretty much looking forward to try those games + mod it.

Trying to play offline so I can use mods until Paul's able to upload his mods/tool and it's refusing to work for some reason this time, keep getting this screen:

1669911562466.png

Every time I put in my email/password it just takes me back to Origin without loading Fifa :(

@paulv2k4 I'm curious to know whether your FMT supports modding old FIFAs like 18, 19, 20 etc (I know it's not possible for 17, you said it already). If FMT supports FIFA 19 or 20, I'm pretty much looking forward to try those games + mod it.
I made it support 20 a while back. Havent tried 17/18/19, Frosty did a good job at them!

Trying to play offline so I can use mods until Paul's able to upload his mods/tool and it's refusing to work for some reason this time, keep getting this screen:

View attachment 190374

Every time I put in my email/password it just takes me back to Origin without loading Fifa :(
No update is needed for this Title Update. All mods should still work :) Even the *.fifamod .

there was somebody who shared a camera Mod file, cant find it again?Who was that person?Because that Mod needs an update for latest Fifa Update

Has anyone had the tool just not install the mod properly? I've followed all instructions and the modded splash screen just won't show up.

Back
Top Bottom