FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

There's no modded splash screen for me (unless it's really subtle), but mods are definitely working.
I think Paul had said (as with his other mods in the past) that the splash screen is the proof that the mod is properly loaded. Am I wrong about this, Paul?

Well one of my mods is to get rid of the EA Sports logo in the top right of matches so for me that's how I can tell mods are working :)
Ahh!! Clever! Ok, well then that proves it. So maybe sometimes the artwork replacement with the splash screen just doesn't load.You haven't ever released that logo removal as a mod have you? I want to use the same idea to replace with a TV logo.

So I finally got some time after the game today to look at EA Desktop again. Working fine with latest FMT!

But! For some reason I had to;

1) Redownload the game (I havent played on my laptop for some time). As it just wouldnt patch itself correctly.
2) Re-enter the command variables back into the advanced launch commands. Even though it was there in the textbox, it was ignoring it. So I just cleared them out, saved. Then re-entering them fixed it. Weird. Must be an EA Desktop issue.

An the subject of splashscreens. My gameplay mod has a splashscreen, the Career mod doesn't.

An the subject of splashscreens. My gameplay mod has a splashscreen, the Career mod doesn't.
Ooook....that explains a lot.

So I just cleared them out, saved. Then re-entering them fixed it. Weird. Must be an EA Desktop issue.
Ok, I can confirm -- bizarrely -- that that does work. But I had to clear out, save, exit, then Force Reinstall the mod, then re-enter the launch commands. And then, yes it did work. Don't know how much the force reinstall is necessary but I wanted to be thorough.
Thanks for troubleshooting that.

So I finally got some time after the game today to look at EA Desktop again. Working fine with latest FMT!

But! For some reason I had to;

1) Redownload the game (I havent played on my laptop for some time). As it just wouldnt patch itself correctly.
2) Re-enter the command variables back into the advanced launch commands. Even though it was there in the textbox, it was ignoring it. So I just cleared them out, saved. Then re-entering them fixed it. Weird. Must be an EA Desktop issue.

A the subject of splashscreens. My gameplay mod has a splashscreen, the Career mod doesn't.
Thanks for the advice.
This is working for me now, with origin app instead of ea app.
I set the launch command in origin. Went offline in origin and launched the game via fmt. When the firewall asked I could only set it to allow in private network; guess it works as ingame there is no connection.
thing is, I get no special splash screen! 🤷‍♂️

how does it look? When does it come up exactly?

B265B685-E13D-446E-AD7E-C72252DAC564.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice.
This is working for me now, with origin app instead of ea app.
I set the launch command in origin. Went offline in origin and launched the game via fmt. When the firewall asked I could only set it to allow in private network; guess it works as ingame there is no connection.
thing is, I get no special splash screen! 🤷‍♂️

how does it look? When does it come up exactly?

View attachment 193461

What mods have you load?

As Paul said...
My gameplay mod has a splashscreen, the Career mod doesn't.
If you're loading the career mod and it has priority over the gamepay one then you probably won't see the splashscreen.
The splashscreen is the title screen that says "Fifa 23" when you're loading the game before the screen to Press Start is loaded.

What mods have you load?
Only the one gameplay mod, V3a2.

Gameplay mod needs to be below any other mods. The splash screen should have the square root symbol on the F.
🤷‍♂️
what do you mean?! Ive never heard that phrase before.
i start the game, get a white background with fifa slogan on it. I wait 3 secs and then I can load or delete a save file. Then comes a fifa intro followed by the fifa titel screen prompting me to press a button.
it has always been like this, with or without mods (well, I don’t even know if they have loaded).

what secret sorcery is this?! 😂 maybe it’s time for one user to make a decent step by step video tutorial. Couldn’t find one yet.

edit: maybe one can provide a picture of the mod splash screen please?! 🤷‍♂️

edit: maybe we can put stuff like this in the opening topic!
  • Step 1 - Download the mod and if it is a zip, 7z or rar file, extract
  • Step 2 - Launch FMT
  • Step 3 - Click the Icon of the game you wish to mod
  • Step 4 - Click Load Game: Let's play with Mods
  • Step 5 - Once loaded, click "Import" and browse to find the file on your PC
  • Step 6 - If you have more, import the rest of them 1 by 1
  • Step 7 - Re-order your mods. Mods are loaded in order. Bottom on the list gets priority!
  • Step 8 - Click Launch Game
  • Step 9 - Wait for mods to compile. This can take a few minutes depending on how many mods you have.
  • Step 10 - If using EA Desktop, follow EA Desktop instructions on this Wiki. If using Origin, the game will run automatically.

Last edited:
for now I still have origin, I solved it better I thought I solved it with the "EA App" procedure. Fifer's mods work, Paul's doesn't, it seems to load everything regularly but the mod is not active in game (zero fouls in 20 minutes of play before I even got to ten and haven't the square root symbol on the F.)

for now I still have origin, I solved it better I thought I solved it with the "EA App" procedure. Fifer's mods work, Paul's doesn't, it seems to load everything regularly but the mod is not active in game (zero fouls in 20 minutes of play before I even got to ten and haven't the square root symbol on the F.)
Gotta check for that symbol later today. Maybe I was already playing the mod. 😂

i had a slow paced game last night, with fouls and crosses (2 penalties). 🤷‍♂️ lost it with CR vs Belgium, when Lukaku went full beserk mode. 😂👌

Fifer's mods work, Paul's doesn't
Then don't use them. Come on, man, don't come into the thread for a modder's work and not only say they don't work but then compare them to another modder. That's like walking into one clothing store and saying, "Your shirts are no good, and the store down the street's shirts are better. I tried putting your shirt on my leg and it didn't look like it was supposed to."
Even if it's what you genuinely think, how do you not think it's rude to say it that way? So, knock yourself out, go play FIFER's mod. Why waste your time here?
i start the game, get a white background with fifa slogan on it.
As @Topaz told you, That off white screen (that's the splash screen because the game or developer logo gets "splashed" or displayed across it) is the one that will have a square root sign in front of the word FIFA. You need to go to Google and look up square root sign.
maybe it’s time for one user to make a decent step by step video tutorial
When you're a single modder doing things for free for a community with basically zero thanks after giving thorough instructions, it's impossible to cater to every different person's need for interpretation and definition.

To everyone else thinking it's the mod's fault that they are having problems, Paul clearly stated in post #214 what he had to do to get it working. Modding is often an "in progress" job. A few months ago we didn't think modding 23 would be possible at all. Now you have a custom made application that doesn't charge you Patreon or other link-based scammy downloads. Find a way to be less demanding.

Then don't use them. Come on, man, don't come into the thread for a modder's work and not only say they don't work but then compare them to another modder. That's like walking into one clothing store and saying, "Your shirts are no good, and the store down the street's shirts are better. I tried putting your shirt on my leg and it didn't look like it was supposed to."
Even if it's what you genuinely think, how do you not think it's rude to say it that way? So, knock yourself out, go play FIFER's mod. Why waste your time here?

As @Topaz told you, That off white screen (that's the splash screen because the game or developer logo gets "splashed" or displayed across it) is the one that will have a square root sign in front of the word FIFA. You need to go to Google and look up square root sign.

When you're a single modder doing things for free for a community with basically zero thanks after giving thorough instructions, it's impossible to cater to every different person's need for interpretation and definition.

To everyone else thinking it's the mod's fault that they are having problems, Paul clearly stated in post #214 what he had to do to get it working. Modding is often an "in progress" job. A few months ago we didn't think modding 23 would be possible at all. Now you have a custom made application that doesn't charge you Patreon or other link-based scammy downloads. Find a way to be less demanding.
I get that. It’s not the mod, it’s the different systems the users are using. no worries.

i will have a look for that small detail in that splash screen. Later. 👋

man you misunderstood, my example was in a positive sense towards Paul's mod, which I appreciate (see my previous comments). I simply described my situation to try to understand where the error is. The mod didn't load and I tried the other one for comparison if that didn't work either, the problem I have would obviously be different. I know the rules of the game and I respect the various modders.
Keep calm

No errors while loading but still no sign in front of the FIFA 23 slogan.
Im running out of ideas. 🤷‍♂️

thx for the effort though.

View attachment 193597
View attachment 193598

Do you happen to have any antivirus on and do you see the EAC Anti Cheat tool open? And also if you can go to the FMT folder and post your ErrorLogging.txt contents as well as any ErrorLog-XXXX-XX-XX.txt files.
Nope. No antivirus.
Yes, the anticheat tool Is loading automatically during the start process. At least I see a white windows and a loading screen.

I’ll check the logs tonight and post them here.

Edit: I’ll put all info in one comment later.

Last edited:
no error log here.
only txt are those.
View attachment 193694

im using FMT 23.17.8371.39255.

That is very strange that even the logs are not generated. Looks like it attached to the FIFA23.exe too.

This is the log I would get in the FMT Launcher after running it the second time.

Mod Compiler Started for FIFA23
Running Mod Executer
Successfully deleted the Live Updates folder.
Detected NO changes in mods for FIFA23.exe
Launching game: D:\Games\FIFA 23\FIFA23.exe (with Frostbite Mods in ModData)

That is very strange that even the logs are not generated. Looks like it attached to the FIFA23.exe too.

This is the log I would get in the FMT Launcher after running it the second time.

Also your FIFA directory should look like this.fifadirectory.PNG

Also your FIFA directory should look like this.View attachment 193696

thats mine.
Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

and what can i say... a christmas miracle happend. i got to see the root sign the first time today. 🤪
set it all up, even controller was working fine with no weird movement ingame. i had to restart my computer though, since then... it never started with the root sign again (i cant remember changing any settings to the prior succesfull launch)! what da...?! :DOH:
my situation is a mess, i dont get it. but i wont start to bother. its just not wort it! :D

have a great time!

edit: lil bonus.

Capture3.PNG
this bs comes up when i try to shut down my pc... who needs that?! ;)

Last edited:
thats mine.
View attachment 193983 View attachment 193984

and what can i say... a christmas miracle happend. i got to see the root sign the first time today. 🤪
set it all up, even controller was working fine with no weird movement ingame. i had to restart my computer though, since then... it never started with the root sign again (i cant remember changing any settings to the prior succesfull launch)! what da...?! :DOH:
my situation is a mess, i dont get it. but i wont start to bother. its just not wort it! :D

have a great time!

edit: lil bonus.

View attachment 193989
this bs comes up when i try to shut down my pc... who needs that?! ;)

Definitely looks like an antivirus or something that is interfering with the game and the tool. Perhaps try a clean installation and just install FMT on top of it. Preferably the origin game. I don't use EA Play that could be why.

Edit: To get the origin version of the game, you can talk to an EA representative saying that you have issues running the game with EA Play and need the origin version.

Back
Top Bottom