[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

After Ghost of Tsushima I was looking for a new game to play.
Wanted to play Black Flag, but couldnt get pass controls, camera movements and general clunkyness.. pity, coz I really wanted to like it.
So I started Tomb Raider trilogy instead and im really digging it.
Its like Uncharted for adults. Very brutal and raw. Even tho first part is older than Black Flag it still plays smoothly and graphics was nicely updated when they made a reboot.
Its funny how many games I missed while being trapped in football games limbo over the last years.
Really enjoyed TR remake, got the second part but never played it even though I heard it was a bit better. Gotta get to it eventually but yea I was surprise how well they are made coming from Uncharted

Halflife Alyx! 😳

Oh my, what a super duper VR title! It’s unbelievable… 😊👌

First time I have the feeling VR isn’t in children shoes anymore…! We are getting there!

This title brings a lot of memories from the late 90s back! I am really happy and spend a lot of time just doing silly stuff with the physics. 😂 feeding that bug in the Glas… writing on walls… admiring the barnacles…! 🥳

Finished Tomb Raider. Wow, what a ride it was. Like Uncharted on steroids. Really enjoyed it.
I've read that sequel dialled down on reflex-button-sequences a bit. Curious how this turned out, coz I didnt think they over used it in the first part. These sequences were adding another layer of adrenaline and I never found them frustrating.
Anyways - starting second part tomorrow.

Finished Tomb Raider. Wow, what a ride it was. Like Uncharted on steroids. Really enjoyed it.
I've read that sequel dialled down on reflex-button-sequences a bit. Curious how this turned out, coz I didnt think they over used it in the first part. These sequences were adding another layer of adrenaline and I never found them frustrating.
Anyways - starting second part tomorrow.

man now im actually looking to see if I get this. I have it in stadia but now thinking of just picking it up for 5 for xbox. Its not the money but to know I’ll actually play it. Let me know how it goes for you the first few hours. Ill prob just add it to library

Let me know how it goes for you the first few hours. Ill prob just add it to library
Will do. There was a good deal for the whole trilogy reboot that was released last year. I believe they pimped the graphics as well. Not sure if its still on sale, but I think I paid 15 or 20 for the three of them with all addons.

TBH, I actually preferred Tomb Raider to the Uncharted games - Probably controversial.

The first one especially was excellent, the last one Shadow not so much and never finished it as started to get bored half way through.

But the original was certainly a classic.

TBH, I actually preferred Tomb Raider to the Uncharted games - Probably controversial
Maybe controversial, but I kinda agree. I played and finished all Uncharted games and they were great, but bullet sponging enemies were a real chore.. some of these fighting sequences, especially in later games, really dragged on and seemed to have taken over what made Uncharted great in the first place - exploration and uncovering secrets.

Its not the money but to know I’ll actually play it. Let me know how it goes for you the first few hours
Only two hours into the second one, but it looks very promising.
It just seems bigger and better. They expanded on few ideas and brought couple of things that were missing in the first one:
- its not just one location anymore.
- its a little bit more open, giving you more flexibility, especially in combat.
- crafting seems expanded
- combat is more fluid and you can take enemies down in more ways (i.e. takedown from heights)
It also has performance mode, so its much more responsive and fun.
Overall - Uncharted 2.0 :LOL:

Only two hours into the second one, but it looks very promising.
It just seems bigger and better. They expanded on few ideas and brought couple of things that were missing in the first one:
- its not just one location anymore.
- its a little bit more open, giving you more flexibility, especially in combat.
- crafting seems expanded
- combat is more fluid and you can take enemies down in more ways (i.e. takedown from heights)
It also has performance mode, so its much more responsive and fun.
Overall - Uncharted 2.0 :LOL:

eh I might as well get it. Had it in my library for a year and never played but might look into it now that you are playing it. im between giving this a chance or trying to get into GR : Wildlands

i remembered i enjoyed the first TR reboot. Just dont like the jump scare parts.

im between giving this a chance or trying to get into GR : Wildlands
I have Wildlands on my list as well. I know its good and I know I'll enjoy it. Did only one or two missions.
One thing that pissed me off was that I bought Wildlands with all DLC's and was especially looking forward to Predator DLC. And thats no longer there, coz license expired..
And I have a feeling Wildlands will take me much longer than this.

This will just be a quick "action movie" and im in the zone.

Also would like to play first Plague before second releases.
So much to play, so little time.. :LOL:

A little bit off topic, but would like to share it as some might find it interesting.

Medieval Dynasty is releasing on NG consoles on October 6.
For Xbox, as far as I know, it will be on Gamepass.

I have seen couple of upcoming gamepass announcements and Im a bit disappointed they didnt really highlight this, coz its a game I've been really looking forward to.

Its a first/third person PVE Survival Sim set in medieval times. You can craft, trade, build, hunt, fish, farm. You can build a village and people will move in there. You can assign them to do various tasks. There are bandits and animals that can kill you. Seasons change. You age. You can get married and have an heir and continue the game as an heir once your character dies.
You are not a king, or a chosen one. You are just a simple bloke that is trying to survive and make a living.

Its a very deep, complex and fresh take on survival games and the first game of its kind on consoles.
I really hope it does well, coz the developers behind it had already created two more games of this type - Wild West Dynasty and Old Japan Dynasty.

Wild West, especially, could be what I always wanted Red Dead Online to become - Wild West Sim, where you can just find and build your own place in the world.

I think game like this is a brilliant idea and just wanted to give a shout for anybody who likes this sort of stuff to keep an eye out.

A little bit off topic, but would like to share it as some might find it interesting.

Medieval Dynasty is releasing on NG consoles on October 6.
For Xbox, as far as I know, it will be on Gamepass.

I have seen couple of upcoming gamepass announcements and Im a bit disappointed they didnt really highlight this, coz its a game I've been really looking forward to.

Its a first/third person PVE Survival Sim set in medieval times. You can craft, trade, build, hunt, fish, farm. You can build a village and people will move in there. You can assign them to do various tasks. There are bandits and animals that can kill you. Seasons change. You age. You can get married and have an heir and continue the game as an heir once your character dies.
You are not a king, or a chosen one. You are just a simple bloke that is trying to survive and make a living.

Its a very deep, complex and fresh take on survival games and the first game of its kind on consoles.
I really hope it does well, coz the developers behind it had already created two more games of this type - Wild West Dynasty and Old Japan Dynasty.

Wild West, especially, could be what I always wanted Red Dead Online to become - Wild West Sim, where you can just find and build your own place in the world.

I think game like this is a brilliant idea and just wanted to give a shout for anybody who likes this sort of stuff to keep an eye out.

Will keep an eye on this, has pretty good reviews on steam. Def deserves a try with xcloud to see if its my thing.
Actually looking forward to this months releases. Read Chivalry 2 is just stupid mindless fun. and want to see what all the fuss is about persona.

Actually looking forward to this months releases. Read Chivalry 2
It was another game I was really looking forward to be ported to consoles. Even pre ordered it on ps4, just to play Beta. And Beta was fantastic. It had real cool moments, where you were ending up in duels against another players, that required quite a lot of skill.
Unfortunately full release was really disappointing for me. It turned into a slaughter, with no skill needed. Just people swinging and body parts flying.
A lot of people might still love it this way, but coming from really nicely paced Beta to a mindless bloodbath was a no from me.

It was another game I was really looking forward to be ported to consoles. Even pre ordered it on ps4, just to play Beta. And Beta was fantastic. It had real cool moments, where you were ending up in duels against another players, that required quite a lot of skill.
Unfortunately full release was really disappointing for me. It turned into a slaughter, with no skill needed. Just people swinging and body parts flying.
A lot of people might still love it this way, but coming from really nicely paced Beta to a mindless bloodbath was a no from me.

this game is mindless slashing with sometimes weird movement. But it’s hilarious. not something I’d play a lot but for a quick pick up and start cutting heads it does the job. i was laughing so much playing it. Its def very little skill, kill die repeat for me. Swinging swords and stealing pigs.
Looking forward to the other game you mentioned. Im in mood for medieval times

Horizon Forbidden West. Bloated, Ubisoft style open world snoozefest. Don’t know if I can play for much longer - put in around 10 hours so far but enough is enough.

I really don’t like some of these overhyped PlayStation exclusives. Apart from the Last of Us which I adore, I find them to be style over substance a lot of the time.

Im not big into PS exclusives. One of the reasons I changed to Xbox this year.
Most of them I find boring and just... not for me. But Ghost of Tsushima was absolutely EPIC.
Look forward to starting it mate, will let you know how I get on.

Ghost of Tsushima wants to have a word...
Kratos the God of War, and Nioh 1 and 2 too.
Bloodborne shouldn't have been an exclusive, but it is, and my favourite PS4 game... And it's exclusive until now. Probably will be remastered + sequel.

Well, if we talk only about Sony CCE games, it's different, but some like Nioh were conceived with the Team Ninja + Sony.
In comparison to Xbox or PC exclusive, there's not even something you can compare. Forza and Halo... The End.

But never played Last of Us, not my type (perhaps until i try it).

Last edited:
Kratos the God of War, and Nioh 1 and 2 too.
Bloodborne shouldn't have been an exclusive, but it is, and my favourite PS4 game... And it's exclusive until now. Probably will be remastered + sequel.

Well, if we talk only about Sony CCE games, it's different, but some like Nioh were conceived with the Team Ninja + Sony.
In comparison to Xbox or PC exclusive, there's not even something you can compare. Forza and Halo... The End.

But never played Last of Us, not my type (perhaps until i try it).
The thing about exclusives and different consoles is that everyone likes something else.
I personally didnt like any of the games you mentioned above and thats exactly why I switched to Xbox this year.
Apart from Last of Us and Ghost there was nothing for me on PS.

Out the consoles the PS probably has the best exclusives, which are now coming slowly to PC.
But IMO the PC easily has the best exclusive games available for me personally.

The amount of Early Access survival and Indie games which are just not the same shite done slightly better.
Uncharted is just Tomb Raider - IMO not done as good but people love them.

Last of Us is the only PS exclusive in the last 10 years which was amazing.

Anyone who says PC doesn't have good exclusives, then they clearly don't know the format.

Well, it depends on taste. Interests. If you're more about Real time strategy game... I'm not at all, it's a typical PC game.
I brought a PS5 for exclusivity, and didn't even played Last of US. Bloodborne and all i notified, yes. There's others games i forgot.

Uncharted/Last of Us : i never played neither the first or the second as don't like too easy games with only history which matter : i'm not playing on CD-I or interactive gaming. About Last of Us, i just missed the spot. I know it's a game to do. Same as Horizon Zero Dawn, well not totally exclusive, just out later on PC but the sequel is.

I don't know a single PC exclusive game so i can't tell, but if it's FPS or GTA type, it's not for me.
I'm curious, as every big games were or for every consoles, or exclusive for PS and 2 or 3 for Xbox (very light).
But sincerely : nothing "Only for Steam/Windows".

I would like to know which are the PC exclusive you're talking about, from your taste and i'll respect that of course ;)

Last edited:
Apart from replaying Rdr2 I started AC Odyssey. Initially it felt bit more flat than Origins (mainly due to main character being uninteresting asshole), but because I find ancient Greek much more interesting than ancient Egypt- I decided to stick with it. Still only at the beginning, but the story is picking up a little bit and I see that whole gameloop is a bit different to Origins, so fingers crossed it will get good.
Uninteresting asshole is also slowly growing on me ever since he
shoved cyclops missing eye up goats arse in front of him. :LOL:
That really made me laugh.

Also installing Plague 2, which will hopefully be short and good story.
Coz I know that with Odyssey im looking at around 100hrs to complete, especially that I got all DLCs included.

Apart from replaying Rdr2 I started AC Odyssey. Initially it felt bit more flat than Origins (mainly due to main character being uninteresting asshole), but because I find ancient Greek much more interesting than ancient Egypt- I decided to stick with it. Still only at the beginning, but the story is picking up a little bit and I see that whole gameloop is a bit different to Origins, so fingers crossed it will get good.
Uninteresting asshole is also slowly growing on me ever since he
shoved cyclops missing eye up goats arse in front of him. :LOL:
That really made me laugh.

Also installing Plague 2, which will hopefully be short and good story.
Coz I know that with Odyssey im looking at around 100hrs to complete, especially that I got all DLCs included.

I think I read most people prefer the girl protagonist as like you said the guy is an moron in AC Odyssey

I actually played yesterday Plague... I was pleaseantly surprised byt the little I played. I need to give it more time but seems like a good game and good story. Hopefully I can stick with it as I think its a short game (thankfully)

Also tried 30min of Persona 5, I want to give it a shot although I know its long and I can never finish long ass games... but read so many good things about it. I couldnt finish Yakuza Like a dragon even though I was enjoying it, so I dont know if I could go all the way with persona but what I played seemed interesting. Will try to juggle Persona and Plague....

I think I read most people prefer the girl protagonist as like you said the guy is an moron in AC Odyssey
I was aware he was a moron. But there was method to my madness in picking him. Coming from Red Dead - Arthur was also simple, borderline stupid bloke. But there was a lot of charm to it.
I guess Im hoping that I will get something similar here - bit of laugh at how thick he is. ;)

I was pleaseantly surprised byt the little I played. I need to give it more time but seems like a good game and good story. Hopefully I can stick with it as I think its a short game (thankfully)
Good to know. I missed the first part when they took it off gamepass. Would like to play and finish this one before they take it away. I own Odyssey with all DLCs, so that can wait.
Also tried 30min of Persona 5, I want to give it a shot
I didnt here about this one, will check this out. We seem to have similar taste in games.

Edit: Plague is not for me. Played 3hrs and it was just pissing me off. I appreciate the idea and it looks gorgeous, but you have to do exactlty what the developers planned. Running away from soldiers you have to follow the exact path they wanted you to follow. She can climb onto a roof, but she cant jump through a knee-high fence.. nope!

Last edited:
I was aware he was a moron. But there was method to my madness in picking him. Coming from Red Dead - Arthur was also simple, borderline stupid bloke. But there was a lot of charm to it.
I guess Im hoping that I will get something similar here - bit of laugh at how thick he is. ;)

Good to know. I missed the first part when they took it off gamepass. Would like to play and finish this one before they take it away. I own Odyssey with all DLCs, so that can wait.

I didnt here about this one, will check this out. We seem to have similar taste in games.

Edit: Plague is not for me. Played 3hrs and it was just pissing me off. I appreciate the idea and it looks gorgeous, but you have to do exactlty what the developers planned. Running away from soldiers you have to follow the exact path they wanted you to follow. She can climb onto a roof, but she cant jump through a knee-high fence.. nope!
Regarding Plague Requiem, it's not true you have to do exactly what is dev planned. I managed to resolve situations a lot of times differently. Yes there are situations where you need to solve them a certain way but the game was never advertised as open world.

Regarding Plague Requiem, it's not true you have to do exactly what is dev planned. I managed to resolve situations a lot of times differently. Yes there are situations where you need to solve them a certain way but the game was never advertised as open world.
Im not talking about solving problems. Im talking about poor design of map boundaries. I had countless moments of path that looks like I could go there, but I couldnt and ending up being stuck in a corner chased by enemies. Its just frustrating.
When you create a linear game at least make it obvious for people where to go.
It shouldnt happen that im stuck in some place and only one fence can be jumped across, while all of them look like a way out. Or only one roof that can be climbed on, while all of them are same height.
I was wheeling a cart from one place to another trying to figure out which roof im supposed to climb on.

Back
Top Bottom