[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Im not talking about solving problems. Im talking about poor design of map boundaries. I had countless moments of path that looks like I could go there, but I couldnt and ending up being stuck in a corner chased by enemies. Its just frustrating.
When you create a linear game at least make it obvious for people where to go.
It shouldnt happen that im stuck in some place and only one fence can be jumped across, while all of them look like a way out. Or only one roof that can be climbed on, while all of them are same height.
I was wheeling a cart from one place to another trying to figure out which roof im supposed to climb on.

Mmm I actually felt something like this while playing, its like you are supposed to do something but at specific point, so I'm just like looking for the button icon to pop up to see exactly where I'm supposed to crawl...
It didn't bother me so much to be honest, but I get what you are saying. I'm still gonna give it a shot to see if it grows on me although with Vicky 3 releasing soon I don't know if ill commit.
Same with Persona, I somewhat like the gameplay and battles, but its gonna be a time sink which I don't know if Ill do it.
Probably pick up where I left in Rise of Tomb raider if I don't end up liking requiem and continue Yakuza LAD if I see Persona 5 won't be for me.

Mmm I actually felt something like this while playing, its like you are supposed to do something but at specific point, so I'm just like looking for the button icon to pop up to see exactly where I'm supposed to crawl...
Thats what I meant - I was solving problems that are not supposed to be problems.. I know how to get to the roof, but I cant find which roof is it. Im pushing the cart around like a gobshite. thats just silly. :LOL:
Maybe it was bothering me more coz I was playing with immersive HUD on, so I had nothing on my screen to give me a clue, I dont know..
I still think that you should clearly see one, most logical path to take and you're only problem should be to figure out how to get there.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly mod. Still good vibes but not the same (maybe) like the origininal Stalker 2. :TU:

Had to put Odyssey away for the moment. The whole world and vibe was too similar to Origins and I felt like I was playing the same game.
I will come back to it in the future, but for the moment I needed different environment to play. So I booted up Valhalla.
One thing I'll say - holy moly is that game not a gorgeous looking one!
Its probably closest to "next gen" that I have seen thus far.
Tsushima looked unbelievable, but the scale of the world here is just another level. The mountains are huge and you can see so damn far with so much detail.. lighting, snow, music - everything just feels epic. I heard it was most boring and bloated out of all new AC games, but so far so good. Loving it.

Completed 120% Spyro The Dragon (remake).
All felt unfamiliar i think Ryptos Rage was the one i played 20yrs ago.
Still its a very fun game, makes your brain work here and there too. The supercharge parts were ridiculously over complicated thats the only con to it.

Horizon Forbidden West. I could probably list about 8-10 things about this game I am not a fan of but I still absolutely love it. Getting ready for what I suspect is the endgame, topped my level ages ago, now trying to upgrade gear and armour for the final part.

NHL 2K10 (PS3 EMULATOR)
Bloody brilliant game if your looking for a sim hockey game,miles above EAs crap games.
NBA 2K16 on PC, my favourite 2k game on console being even better on pc.
Dying Light 2
Welcome back mate, long time no seen. Hope you are well and healthy. :BEER:

I was trying to play Fifa23 on Pc. But €A doesn't let me. Look in our Fifa23Pc thread for more information.

Got myself.a steam deck and playing ace combat 7 at the moment , really enjoying it. And also.set up remote play on it so plan on finishing res evil 7 using the deck as I get very little time on the ps5 as jts on the main tv

• Love
Reactions: Tom
it's been a month since i went back to pokemon go, please help me, i dont know how to get out
Started exactly the same as you, one month ago. Caught some Meltans, near my house (lol), transfered them to Pokemon HOME, got also a lvl.100 Melmetal as a gift for linking Go with HOME, transfered to my Pokemon Shield, and never went back in Go again. :P

Currently completing things in my Ultra Moon, Sun, ORAS , started a new save in my Pokemon Y.

Still in thoughts to buy the expansions pass for Shield, Sword, or buy the remakes for Diamond and Pearl, or whatevs.

For some reason, i miss the energy to play the Switch games, while i am not wearing nostalgia googles, as we come to more recent games, i feel them empty and soulless.

To give a spotlight, my Switch is OFF the last weeks, and i mostly play, either the NDS games, or the very cools mods of Drayano in the DSemu.

If you are into Pokemon RPG, i strongly suggest to try some of them, just finished (almost) Sacred Gold, and close to finish Blaze Black and Volt White 2.

2018 God of War.
Never played any of them, but wanted to do this one first before starting Ragnarok.
To be honest - thought its gonna be typical, brainless hack and slash, but it surprised me with really interesting story and amazing depth of characters.
The relationship development between Kratos and his son is really well written.
And the world is breathtaking.
Really enjoying it.

Heard Prime wants to make TV series out of it and I wonder whether they have enough in them to pull this one through.
The world would have to be much more magical than the one from Rings of Power. They will need a serious budget to make it right.

Outdoor is very cold. The cold season time. Time to play a bit more.

Back to cyberpunk 2077 but at this time as a concerner. (or whats the english name?) But I can't resist to make a look in the witcher 3 too.

And yea what can I say. Today evening I get RDR2 on my series x on holliday sale for less 20€. Graphic is much better then on my old Pc with GTX1660 and 16GB ram and I5 9600k.

Hopefully I can finish one of these games any time soon.

Outdoor is very cold. The cold season time. Time to play a bit more.

Back to cyberpunk 2077 but at this time as a concerner. (or whats the english name?) But I can't resist to make a look in the witcher 3 too.

And yea what can I say. Today evening I get RDR2 on my series x on holliday sale for less 20€. Graphic is much better then on my old Pc with GTX1660 and 16GB ram and I5 9600k.

Hopefully I can finish one of these games any time soon.
Took me a long time to get in to RDR2, but once i did, its a great game so much better than most other open world games

Took me a long time to get in to RDR2, but once i did, its a great game so much better than most other open world games

How long did it take you? It was such a slow burn for me. Worst case is I started in Stadia with around 2-3hrs and then stopped playing mostly because of the pace. Now Stadia is shutting down so I'll need to start all over. Tempted by it but I know those first hrs are a bit of a chore

Had to put Ragnarok away coz I got distracted by Witcher 3 update and Last of Us 2. Playing both atm.
Last of Us 2 story is a bit meh so far, but gameplay is savage. Very brutal. Love how all the wounds are exactly where we hit them and stay on the bodies with blood spilling out of them. Sounds a bit psychopathic, but I like details like that. :LOL:
Witcher 3, on the other hand, is just a savage game overall. Replaying from the start and even all the quests I've done before are fun to do. Its an amazing and very immersive game.

How long did it take you? It was such a slow burn for me. Worst case is I started in Stadia with around 2-3hrs and then stopped playing mostly because of the pace. Now Stadia is shutting down so I'll need to start all over. Tempted by it but I know those first hrs are a bit of a chore
The snow part is horrible
but after that and a few hrs in,its great

The snow part is horrible
but after that and a few hrs in,its great
I dont know, Ricky..
I have a mate who is waaaay pass that and he, somehow, finds the entire game a real chore. He keeps going, but its a real uphill struggle. Im starting to think that this game might be an epic, amazing slow burning story for some, while others just wont see it, no matter what..

I dont know, Ricky..
I have a mate who is waaaay pass that and he, somehow, finds the entire game a real chore. He keeps going, but its a real uphill struggle. Im starting to think that this game might be an epic, amazing slow burning story for some, while others just wont see it, no matter what..
yeah i think youre right on the money Marty.
Not every game is a great game för everyone.
Took me a long time to like it, once i did i found it to be one of a kind

RDR2 on my console and FM2023 on my Pc. And try Fallout 3 with Game pass on my console a bit.
:SNACK:

NBA 2K17, pc version just like 16 are far superior to the console version.
love that game.
and being an xbox player , but now more PC ive discovered Days Gone, really a great game.

I've changed my mind.
Last of Us 2 story is much more complex, much deeper and much darker than I initially thought. And it connects with part 1 really well.
I still have couple of hours left there, but if anyone is like me and steered clear after somewhat bad reviews - try it. It might surprise you.
Its also one of the most violent games I have played and often requires a lot of improvisation. Im finding myself setting traps, quicky swapping weapons on the go and taking people both stealthy and brutal way. And all this happens naturally, as situation can change so fast.
Looking at the aftermath of a battle, with mutilated corpses, blood splatters on walls and floors makes it a very grim, dark, yet satisfying theatre of violence.

I've changed my mind.
Last of Us 2 story is much more complex, much deeper and much darker than I initially thought. And it connects with part 1 really well.
I still have couple of hours left there, but if anyone is like me and steered clear after somewhat bad reviews - try it. It might surprise you.
Its also one of the most violent games I have played and often requires a lot of improvisation. Im finding myself setting traps, quicky swapping weapons on the go and taking people both stealthy and brutal way. And all this happens naturally, as situation can change so fast.
Looking at the aftermath of a battle, with mutilated corpses, blood splatters on walls and floors makes it a very grim, dark, yet satisfying theatre of violence.

The Last of Us 2 was an incredible game, although not as good as the first one.
The whole thing of people boycotting the game because of the main character of the 1st game was just pathetic really.

Gaming this Christmas has been a bit slight. I did go back to play some Olli Olli World, it is very rewarding when you get the hang of it but also very tough at times. Have tried to get into old games again, played some Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands on Series S. It's sort of a remake of the Sands of Time but I don't know if I will see it through. Hopefully the actual remake of SoT will come out eventually. Had a short go at Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on the S as well, it's a game I played on PS2 back in the day and enjoyed immensely. Playing it now, the movement of the character feels very dated, but the hand to hand combat is still very good. This one I might just hang on to the memories of instead of playing it through again, even if it does look quite a bit better on the S than it did on the PS2 (It looked hideous back then).
Just when I wasn't finding much joy in the nostalgia, I tried another old game in Ridge Racer 2, the Vita version is now available on the Plus Premium. I never played this version back in the day and thought I wouldn't like it but to my surprise I very much enjoy it. It also looks quite good on the PS5.

Back
Top Bottom