Microsoft Xbox

It said it was series version im almost sure but will have to check again. My connection want the best today so it wasn't very sharp. It was responsive though and I was able to see I completely suck at the game. Even in the easy difficulty. Looks fun though
It is ,i haven't played 22 more than a season ,I'm still very much in love with some of my older games ,but it is a very good game.
I think it can be a challenge even on lower difficulty if not a basketball fan/knowing the game.
I bought NBA 2k21 as a crossgen package when I got my new console ,meaning I downloaded both gen version ,must have been close to 200gb

It is ,i haven't played 22 more than a season ,I'm still very much in love with some of my older games ,but it is a very good game.
I think it can be a challenge even on lower difficulty if not a basketball fan/knowing the game.
I bought NBA 2k21 as a crossgen package when I got my new console ,meaning I downloaded both gen version ,must have been close to 200gb
The game is pretty good but i remember the last 2k games i played (08 and 14) i was able to do something. Even the nba live that is on gamepass was easier for me. I expected the easiest difficult to be like FIFA and to get to grips with the controls and be up by 20 points. I turned off when I was down by 10 in the first qtr. I’ll give it another go. Presentation and gameplay does look pretty good. I’ll give it another go even though I am not too invested in the nba

The game is pretty good but i remember the last 2k games i played (08 and 14) i was able to do something. Even the nba live that is on gamepass was easier for me. I expected the easiest difficult to be like FIFA and to get to grips with the controls and be up by 20 points. I turned off when I was down by 10 in the first qtr. I’ll give it another go. Presentation and gameplay does look pretty good. I’ll give it another go even though I am not too invested in the nba
Think you need to like the sport to enjoy a game like this ,I've tried MLB the show ,brilliant game but baseball isn't my thing so I gave that up.

Think you need to like the sport to enjoy a game like this ,I've tried MLB the show ,brilliant game but baseball isn't my thing so I gave that up.

Same thing with me and the show. Looks amazing and pays great, but I dont follow MLB too much. Both that one for me are exhibition matches, dont think I can do a season (especially baseball with their 100+ games a season)

I do like basketball and my favorite title was 2k8 hoops, but these past years Ive been disconnected from the league... and you are completely right about it, but gameplay feels good (but doubt I can get too invested in it).

Same thing with me and the show. Looks amazing and pays great, but I dont follow MLB too much. Both that one for me are exhibition matches, dont think I can do a season (especially baseball with their 100+ games a season)

I do like basketball and my favorite title was 2k8 hoops, but these past years Ive been disconnected from the league... and you are completely right about it, but gameplay feels good (but doubt I can get too invested in it).
I'm playing with customized rosters (tendencies and ratings fixed) plus some great sliders and I can't really go back to Pes/Fifa anymore ,it's so shallow Vs this.
But then again I watch a lot of basketball.
2k14 which you mention is still one of the great games ever made ,so is NBA live 10

Some advice:
- Turn on full the playcalling pattern and make the cpu call your plays.
- Use Real Player%.
- Use player lock. Start with a PG like Curry to learn how to distribute the ball and run plays. Using a player like Curry and Real Player% you're going to have fun no matter what.
- Increase the defense shot strength (all areas) for more contacts and fouls.
- Increase all foul settings to 100.
Even an experienced 2k player like me plays with player lock and I was a professional basketball player. Playing the normal way is still great but you can exploit after a while the cpu AI with P&Rs. It's crucial though to play with Real Player% and forget about the shot timing and meter.

Even an experienced 2k player like me plays with player lock and I was a professional basketball player.
Ive played with player lock since it got introduced on -16 (before that position lock)
Love it ,you'll get use to your player and how he shots etc

Some advice:
- Turn on full the playcalling pattern and make the cpu call your plays.
- Use Real Player%.
- Use player lock. Start with a PG like Curry to learn how to distribute the ball and run plays. Using a player like Curry and Real Player% you're going to have fun no matter what.
- Increase the defense shot strength (all areas) for more contacts and fouls.
- Increase all foul settings to 100.
Even an experienced 2k player like me plays with player lock and I was a professional basketball player. Playing the normal way is still great but you can exploit after a while the cpu AI with P&Rs. It's crucial though to play with Real Player% and forget about the shot timing and meter.
Dude thanks for the tip. I had actually tried the player lock and got confused but now that you mention it in going to give it a try with the player% which should make ita bit more realistic. I suck at the timer thing (always bricks)

I tried to learn how to dunk and can't for the life of me get it to work. It ends up in a layup. I've tried in practice and still nothing. Whats the difference between dunk and layup i press R2 and still just lays it up no matter what

Dude thanks for the tip. I had actually tried the player lock and got confused but now that you mention it in going to give it a try with the player% which should make ita bit more realistic. I suck at the timer thing (always bricks)

I tried to learn how to dunk and can't for the life of me get it to work. It ends up in a layup. I've tried in practice and still nothing. Whats the difference between dunk and layup i press R2 and still just lays it up no matter what
One suggestion ,use sticks instead.
Much easier to shoot/dunk/lay ups.
Much more organic than to push buttons.

Is this one at least a bit playable offline?
I think it's up to what patch is currently making the game good/screwing it up.
I havent enjoyed it ,but I'd thought I'd give it a proper go once it's free.
Im still on my 10 (multiple) hrs trial.

Then again I rarely play football games.
Think you'll get "best ever" to "utter shite" if asking/looking in the FIFA thread

I think it's up to what patch is currently making the game good/screwing it up.
I havent enjoyed it ,but I'd thought I'd give it a proper go once it's free.
Im still on my 10 (multiple) hrs trial.

Then again I rarely play football games.
Think you'll get "best ever" to "utter shite" if asking/looking in the FIFA thread
I forgot I don't have a "next-gen" console. 😂 I'll wait to see if it hits Xcloud. I have PS Plus and EA Play but I guess the PS4 version might be even worse.

Hm ,weird NHL 22 is not up on EA play/game pass anymore.
Someone must have had a quick trigger finger.
Should be up soon ,just like Fifa 22

Guys do you turn your xbox off with default settings?
Coz I noticed the other day that my series X was warm even tho I havent played for few days. I did a bit of a research and apparently by default Xbox never switches off, just goes to sleep mode.

I personally dont like the fact that it never rests and is warm all the time, so I changed the settings for it to switch off fully.
But I would never had noticed that if it wasnt for the "accidental touch" the other day.

Coz I noticed the other day that my series X was warm even tho I havent played for few days. I did a bit of a research and apparently by default Xbox never switches off, just goes to sleep mode.

I personally dont like the fact that it never rests and is warm all the time, so I changed the settings for it to switch off fully.
But I would never had noticed that if it wasnt for the "accidental touch" the other day.
You mean setting it to energy save mode (Vs quick start)?
Use to do it ,but it's quite nice having it updating even when shut down.

Lately though I've been switching everything off since I have most off it hooked up to this ,and just shut it all down
IMG_20220503_141603.jpg

Yeah, the default mode sucks power all day to download game updates and console updates in the background. It's supposed to make life easier, but I've always found that loads of updates suddenly start to download when I turn the console on instead of having downloaded them overnight like it's supposed to.

I set it to "energy saving" which I always thought was "totally off until you turn it back on". However...

A) It doesn't actually turn off completely for a good 5 minutes after you turn off the console. If you turn it back on two minutes later, you'll notice you don't get the startup animation (the big X and the music), you just launch straight to the dashboard - because even though the light on the console has gone out, it's actually still on, uploading saves to the cloud. So when you turn it off, don't switch off the power too quickly (looking at you @rockstrongo)!

B) Apparently, it's still not actually "completely" off when you shut down on "energy saving". It will occasionally download important background updates, but far less often. The only real way to get a total shutdown is to go into settings, power, and select "full shutdown". Which is a pain in the arse. But I've started doing that just to make sure I don't pull the plug in the middle of an update.

Thats all handy to know.
Im old school - I see shit warm - I think its working too hard all the time, so Id rather give it a rest.
I read that this is all intentional and works exactly how intended and doesnt 'harm' the console, but better be safe than sorry. :LOL:

Yeah, the default mode sucks power all day to download game updates and console updates in the background. It's supposed to make life easier, but I've always found that loads of updates suddenly start to download when I turn the console on instead of having downloaded them overnight like it's supposed to.

Noticed the same the last few weeks and I tend to think that this was not the case from the beginning. I noticed this from the shitloads of FIFA updates. The first ones downloaded overnight, the last ones only when turning on the console.

Besides that, nobody got issues with the controller? I have a pretty unresponsive Y-button (I had it with a Series S-controller, a second and meanwhile refunded one, and now with the Series X-controller). On top the latter one has a squeaking right trigger since two weeks.

Yeah one of mine has a sticky trigger that never happened with any other xbox controller and my new one has terrible drift.

I set it to "energy saving" which I always thought was "totally off until you turn it back on". However...

A) It doesn't actually turn off completely for a good 5 minutes after you turn off the console. If you turn it back on two minutes later, you'll notice you don't get the startup animation (the big X and the music), you just launch straight to the dashboard - because even though the light on the console has gone out, it's actually still on, uploading saves to the cloud. So when you turn it off, don't switch off the power too quickly (looking at you @rockstrongo)!

B) Apparently, it's still not actually "completely" off when you shut down on "energy saving". It will occasionally download important background updates, but far less often. The only real way to get a total shutdown is to go into settings, power, and select "full shutdown". Which is a pain in the arse. But I've started doing that just to make sure I don't pull the plug in the middle of an update.

I had it in quick resume / rest mode but have decided to put it in energy saving mode since it boots up pretty fast anyway.
I did notice it gets warm in quick start so I switched it energy saving. However the console updated a few weeks ago and it switched back automatically to quick start or whatever is the sleep mode. Mine doesnt get warm in energy savings even though it updates when its "off"

But at least the console isnt running warm 24/7 like in quick start mode.... and I cant do remote play.

Quick question, any reason why you want to turn it completely off?

Can't find the YouTube link ,but it's pretty clear that controllers are getting worse in quality ,one thing that has caused that is shittier components like potentiometers , stick drifting being the obvious result.
Wish I'd kept my OG Xbox one controller ,much better quality than newer ones.

Quick question, any reason why you want to turn it completely off?
I have no reason for it to be on, I don't remote play and it doesn't download updates when it's on standby like it's supposed to. And if I can save a little money on our now astronomical electricity bills thanks to an incompetent government and greedy energy bosses, I'll take it...

Unlike consoles, PC supports most all the controllers. I'm still using Xbox 360 controllers when playing on PC.
For me, 360 controller is the best Xbox controller. I like its proper(for me) sensitivity of the thumb-stick potentiometers.(It is more resistive than Xbox One's or Xbox Series') Those of One & Series controllers are a bit too sensitive to me.
Most of all, I love its sturdy body shell. I'd never thought sturdy shell would be so important like this until I used a Xbox One controller.
XB One controllers have gap and flush issue on the detachable grip covers. It could annoy you whenever one of your fingers happens to touch there.
I have bought four XBO controllers, and all of them had the issue.
Sorry @rockstrongo , but I have to say, XBO controller was the worst Xbox controller to me.:))
Stockpiled some repair & spare parts for my favorite controller just in case.
20220504_1745490.jpg

Unlike consoles, PC supports most all the controllers. I'm still using Xbox 360 controllers when playing on PC.
For me, 360 controller is the best Xbox controller. I like its proper(for me) sensitivity of the thumb-stick potentiometers.(It is more resistive than Xbox One's or Xbox Series') Those of One & Series controllers are a bit too sensitive to me.
Most of all, I love its sturdy body shell. I'd never thought sturdy shell would be so important like this until I used a Xbox One controller.
XB One controllers have gap and flush issue on the detachable grip covers. It could annoy you whenever one of your fingers happens to touch there.
I have bought four XBO controllers, and all of them had the issue.
Sorry @rockstrongo , but I have to say, XBO controller was the worst Xbox controller to me.:))
Stockpiled some repair & spare parts for my favorite controller just in case.
View attachment 159285
I like the design of the series controller the best , especially the RT/LT which are slimmer than Xbox one.
The 360?
Loved them then ,I still have a 360 console and I'm not liking it as much now.
1.No headphone input ,unless you get a crazy adapter (I know that doesn't affect you on pc but me on console it sucks)
2 the battery pack is annoyingly placed.

But back when I was playing 360 ,loved it.
Before I re bought a 360 (two years ago) i had picked up a used PS3 just for Pes ,and that controller was the worst ever , absolutely horrible.

Nba2k22 was temporarily removed as they need to fix the online connectivity problems. Personally I didn't have any problems connecting to 2k servers and I don't even care about the online portion of the game or MyCareer.

Hi mate's, which one game is your favorite beat em up on the series x? I got Tekken7 for 9,99€ but it dindn't suceed my expactations. It give a bit of childhood memories but yea.

And a other question. Which key shop for the XSX is the best serious one to get cheap prices?

Thanks in advance bro's.

Back
Top Bottom