Microsoft Xbox

How are you guys finding cloud gaming quality? I usually install games that I like, thinking I will get better quality this way. But I havent really notice that much of a difference (in a good way. Quality seems to be great both ways)
Do you install the games that you are planning to stick with for a while, or you dont bother? Do you see any difference?

Lately I try games before downloading them and in my hardwired Series S it runs really great. I have been playing Wreckfest with no problems but wouldn’t recommend it for something like F1.

It has improved greatly and I can fly in Flight Simulator once in a while without installing the 100gb+. I see the quality kind of the same and in some instances a bit better than downloaded don’t know why. Maybe bc cloud uses Series X to stream?

Yeah I had no major issues so far. I think I got one disconnect from cloud since I bought Xbox.
There were, intermittently, some drops and screen loadings (like it was scanning the screen), but its very rare.
I did noticed that everything seems more stable and crisp on installed version (No Mans Sky), but one interesting thing was that when I used cloud - I had an option to change graphics mode between Quality and Performance. After downloading the game - this option is no longer there (unless Im blind).
Cloud generally works great for trying games. Even Flight Simulator was running fine.
Im also not using Gamepass as much as Id like to and often stick to one game.
But it has a lot of games I used to own on PS, so when im in the mood to hop in - its always there.

Another thing I wanted to bring up. I've seen a lot of posts lately (mostly from PS users funnily enough, who say Gamepass is a reason why games are gone to shit recently and they hate the concept.
It really annoys me as they cant seem to see the real issue - games got shit coz of microtransactions, not Gamepass.
Every game is packed with additional content to milk people. Even new GT on playstation. It has nothing to do with gamepass and everything to do with companies focusing on Online Milking.

Lately I try games before downloading them and in my hardwired Series S it runs really great. I have been playing Wreckfest with no problems but wouldn’t recommend it for something like F1.

It has improved greatly and I can fly in Flight Simulator once in a while without installing the 100gb+. I see the quality kind of the same and in some instances a bit better than downloaded don’t know why. Maybe bc cloud uses Series X to stream?
Yes Xcloud uses Series X blades. This is why Flight Simulator runs and looks better on Xcloud compared to the game natively played on Series S.

I'm likely to get a Series S down the road but I noticed that the X was back in stock here in Iceland and it was twice the price of a Series S and considerably more expensive than the PS5.

MLB The Show 22 is now available on Gamepass and Xcloud.
Game might not appear for you on the XboxApp until later today but it's available for Xcloud via Edge or Chrome browsers.
I've played a full 9 inning exhibition game on Edge with clarity boost and it's smooth as butter on 5G WiFi on PC. This means PC baseball fans without a next gen console can easily enjoy the game via Xcloud, especially in UK where most ISPs don't mess with your Internet speeds.

I need a good adventure game ,you know walking around discovering things ,maybe craft shit ,kinda lo-fi ,not shooting shit up.
Hit me

I need a good adventure game ,you know walking around discovering things ,maybe craft shit ,kinda lo-fi ,not shooting shit up.
Hit me
What remains of Edith Finch.
The new Siberia is also good.
Firewatch.
Outer Wilds.
Or the new Sherlock Holmes?

What remains of Edith Finch.
The new Siberia is also good.
Firewatch.
Outer Wilds.
Or the new Sherlock Holmes?
Good suggestions ,Edith Finch is brilliant ,same for firewatch.

Funny enough ,i have Outer wilds installed but not played ,same for No man's sky and The outer World's (tend to confuse them with each other)

Sherlock Holmes ,The devil's daughter right?
Think I played a chunk of it.

Thanks buddy

Good suggestions ,Edith Finch is brilliant ,same for firewatch.

Funny enough ,i have Outer wilds installed but not played ,same for No man's sky and The outer World's (tend to confuse them with each other)

Sherlock Holmes ,The devil's daughter right?
Think I played a chunk of it.

Thanks buddy
The new Sherlock Holmes Chapter One.

Savage. Wanted to try 7 Days to Die for a long time now. Same with Assassins. I only ever played the first one and wanted to see whats all this new open world rpg approach is.
Also have to try Grounded. It looks really good...
So many games, so little time.. hooked on No Mans Sky for the moment.

Savage. Wanted to try 7 Days to Die for a long time now. Same with Assassins. I only ever played the first one and wanted to see whats all this new open world rpg approach is.
Also have to try Grounded. It looks really good...
So many games, so little time.. hooked on No Mans Sky for the moment.
I haven't played Origins but I've played Odyssey, never finished it though. It was fun here and there tbh but there was always something preventing me from getting back to it. I never had this feeling "oh can't wait to play again". This is the issue for me with all these open world games after The Witcher 3. Only Death Stranding changed that and Cyberpunk 2077.
Maybe the reason is that I'm getting old and I prefer more focused and innovative games.

You should try Grounded from survival/crafting perspective. It looks like a lot of fun!
Absolutely ,looks fun
Edit ,ha ha I'm getting fucking senile.
Already played a lot of it like 5-6 months ago.
It's the game where you're like the size of a bug and have too do stuff in the garden ?

Last edited:
So I'm a bit curious on chernobylite ,anyone played it?
Saw that there is or coming a new gen update for it as well

Absolutely ,looks fun
Edit ,ha ha I'm getting fucking senile.
Already played a lot of it like 5-6 months ago.
It's the game where you're like the size of a bug and have too do stuff in the garden ?
Yes, thats the one! Apparently there's a lot of love going into this game from the devs and they keep adding more stuff to it.
This and Subnautica are next on my list but whenever I boot the Xbox up - I instantly go to No Mans Sky. Its just so bleeding relaxing to explore space. Im getting old, bud..

Yes, thats the one! Apparently there's a lot of love going into this game from the devs and they keep adding more stuff to it.
This and Subnautica are next on my list but whenever I boot the Xbox up - I instantly go to No Mans Sky. Its just so bleeding relaxing to explore space. Im getting old, bud..
Subnautica is on my list as well ,and I'm thinking about buying Chernobylite and then 7 ways to die when that one hits GP.
But I'm giving No man's sky a proper go when I have the time to sit down and really learn it
Yes sir ,old as fuck man!

Thanks for the heads up. Been wanting to try a 2k bball game for a while and almost bought this.
But damn 125gb installation?
On the other hand, thankful for xcloud
Not sure if Its Xbox One version Only though , but if so it can still be played on the Series

Not sure if Its Xbox One version Only though , but if so it can still be played on the Series
It said it was series version im almost sure but will have to check again. My connection want the best today so it wasn't very sharp. It was responsive though and I was able to see I completely suck at the game. Even in the easy difficulty. Looks fun though

I think every game on cloud works on series X core, doesnt it? If you are streaming on lower device it will just downgrade to your equipment.
Thats what I heard anyways. If the game has next gen version - cloud will have next gen version also.

I think every game on cloud works on series X core, doesnt it? If you are streaming on lower device it will just downgrade to your equipment.
Thats what I heard anyways. If the game has next gen version - cloud will have next gen version also.
Yes , which is a good deal.
Meaning non new gen owners can play new gen games.

Back
Top Bottom