Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prof i really like dEUS, they 're very very good..In fact the dEUS members (or ex members) play in plenty of other good groups: Dead Man Ray, Zita Swoon/Moondog Junior, Gore Slut, Rudy Trouvé, Magnus,....they are all bands that are somehow related to dEUS...If dEUS were an American or English band they would be as big as REM or Radiohead (who are both fans of dEUS by the way).

I don't like Soulwax but the DJ records of the Flying (or Fucking) The Waele Brothers are very good. The Dewaele Brothers are the nucleus of Soulwax.

As a matter of fact there are plenty of great Belgian bands: Thou, Olla Vogola (a folk-jazz- world music big band), Think of One (got a BBC award recently and also related to dEUS), Novastar,...

Some people say that the Belgian music scene is the most creative in the world...
Since the late '90's there is really a boom in of Belgian music.

If there was one album who you'd like to have seen made by a different band/artist, who and what would it be?

Not that I don't like the originals, but I think it would be awesome to hear Pearl Jam play Springsteen and vice versa. It doesn't really matter which album.

Milanista said:
They are excellent live IMO.

I saw them in 93 with GNR and in LA and they blew GNR off stage. Metallica had everyone so amped up, that everyone was chanting "Fuck you!" in unison when GNR follwed up with a lame ass performance. Axel made the band quit in the middle of You Could BE MIne and told us we were the worst fucking crowd he had ever scene.

I paid $120 some time ago and saw Metallica and Danzig up front which was incredible.

Metallica's new stuff is all shit. It's like they had a ghost writer that died. They used to put together mazing epics of songs with depth and insight, wrapped in great sweeping music. Now it is just crap - pointless, superficial and void of any depth. you cant lose yourself in it. Every time I hear St. Anger, that is exactly what I feel.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Two_blindmonkeys said:
Anyone hear N*E*R*D on Radio 1 yesterday (Pure Class). got to hear a snipet of Jamie Cullum's Frontin' cover and Pharelle loved it. Who is this Jamie Cullum anyway. he was nominated for break through last night but i aint heard his stuff yet (except the cover).

any way N*E*R*D will relese their new album Fly or Die on 28th March so the count down begins

Nah didnt hear that, I'd heard that Callum guy's version of Frontin, didnt like it at all..

Heard a few tracks of the new album, pretty tight, you seen the video for the new single its got the bird out of misteeq in it shakin her ass, nice!!

Yeah Shes a hootie :mrgreen: !!
I've been listening to some downloads of Jamie Cullum and hes a good Artist but his new single is a bit of a let down. He did a load of Rat Pack and other Jazzy Covers before and they are sweet.

Im gettin a bit to excited about the N*E*R*D Album. im thinking it will be a Class album and know they wont let me down.

Heard any other track apart from 'She wants to move' Van?

Five years I've been looking for this song and I FINALLY manage to get the name of it today. Daft Punk - Da Funk. This song is gonna get played 500 times in the next few hours until I wish I'd never heard of it. Oh my GOD I love this song.

Jack Bauer said:
Five years I've been looking for this song and I FINALLY manage to get the name of it today. Daft Punk - Da Funk. This song is gonna get played 500 times in the next few hours until I wish I'd never heard of it. Oh my GOD I love this song.

:) i've got that somewhere. You into electronica Jack? I remember when i found out the name of the tune Strings For Yasmin by Tin Tin Out - straight down to Hillsborough Records, buzzing my face off. Chris on the counter noticed my clear intent for one tune and asked me what i was sifting for, i told him proudly, "Tin Tin Out...Strings For Yasmin"

"Sorry mate it's deleted"

Hahahahaha ouch mate...

And yes, electronica is my thang. Ministry of Sound Electrotech, wheeheehee! :mryellow:

Just got the new Trance Nation Electric discs, they have some top quality sounds on there, son.

Have got a main liking for trancey house music really.
Futurasound - Call My Name (best thing i've heard in many months)
JX - Restless (Guyver Remix)
Casa Cuba - Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

ghazi said:
Milanista said:

I saw them in 93 with GNR and in LA and they blew GNR off stage. Metallica had everyone so amped up, that everyone was chanting "Fuck you!" in unison when GNR follwed up with a lame ass performance. Axel made the band quit in the middle of You Could BE MIne and told us we were the worst fucking crowd he had ever scene.

I paid $120 some time ago and saw Metallica and Danzig up front which was incredible.

Metallica's new stuff is all shit. It's like they had a ghost writer that died. They used to put together mazing epics of songs with depth and insight, wrapped in great sweeping music. Now it is just crap - pointless, superficial and void of any depth. you cant lose yourself in it. Every time I hear St. Anger, that is exactly what I feel.

I agree there mate. St Anger was such absolute shit.

Noted Fear said:
ghazi said:
Milanista said:

I agree there mate. St Anger was such absolute shit.

Im a Metallica fans, but I'd agreed with u, St. Anger is really nothing if you compare with the old stuffs.

I like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's and go to see them next month but I seem to be their only fan,lol.

Im loving Ash's new one - Clones :)

Just thought I'd post some of the songs i've been listening to lately:

* Eamon - I Don't Want You Back (F*ck you you hoe)
* Blue Flannel - Having a Bad Day (I hate my boss, barbacue sauce)
* Maroon 5 - Harder Too Breathe (Is there anyone out there)
* The Commitments - Dark End Of The Street (Hiding In Shadows)
* Cast - Sandstorm (But the only colour coming through is Reeddd)
* The Connels - 74-75 (Seventy Four, Seventy Five)
* Kurt Nilsen - She's So High (She's So Lovely)
* Lou Reed - This Magic Moment (Softer than a Summers Nite)
* Tom Petty - Learning To Fly (But I aint got wings)
* R.E.M - E-Bow the Letter (Each and every one a little scary)
* Dave Mathews Band - Crash Into Me (Sweet you rock, Sweet you Roll)
* The Cardigans - Communication (I Disconnect)
* Bluetones - Slight Return (I'm coming home)
* The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun (Your time is done)

yeah me to, the eminem show was good,but i just think he's a little bit more enjoyable when he's aking the piss.

loz said:
yeah me to, the eminem show was good,but i just think he's a little bit more enjoyable when he's aking the piss.

The Em Show was my least favourite of his releases, a few good tunes but for the most part he jut seemed too serious.

IMO its gotta have something to do with him being off drugs, as with most artists who get sober, his music suffered.

yeah i have to agree with you there Vann. i do like the video to this tune tho. the boy done good. i also think d-12 help him to get back to his original sound as the first album of theirs is very much like that. . .

Okay weird one for you all..............however I'm wondering if anyone can help. A couple of songs/tunes I was wondering if anyone knew.

1st - Not sure if any have seen the advert for visiting Ireland, does anyone know the name of the song, sounds like an Enya number, anyone know what I'm slabbering about and can help?

2nd - BBC Boxing, not sure who watches it, but does anyone know the Intro music.

Cheers.

FD

The music from the "Visit Ireland" advert is

Chicane featuring Maire Clannad - "Saltwater"

Not a clue about the boxing one though..

Thanks Prox, much appreciated mate. :D ;)

Got the boxing one, BBC finally got back to me 'Finished Symphony'.

Cheers

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom