Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a confession to make, I like Briteny Spears new song. :shock: :oops: And she looks rather mighty fine in that skimpy little lace number. :twisted:

FD

fd1972uk said:
I got a confession to make, I like Briteny Spears new song. :shock: :oops: And she looks rather mighty fine in that skimpy little lace number. :twisted:

FD

You mean Toxic? Yes she does look fantastic in that video, especially when she's walking down the plane as the stewardess ;) The songs catchy too - I agree!

ReActor said:
fd1972uk said:

FD

You mean Toxic? Yes she does look fantastic in that video, especially when she's walking down the plane as the stewardess ;) The songs catchy too - I agree!

Hay Its cool to like Britney..Shes had a lesson from the Neppies and now she is going in the right direction Music wise.

And she looks absolutaly Fly in the vidio!!! :mrgreen:

There's a clubby electronicy song that has this guy going "something something back and forth" - "New York, Paris, Amsterdam" - "gonna rock your body now"... Anybody any ideas who it's by and what it's called?

Cheers guys.

By the way Proximus, those recommendations you made... Absolutely bloody class!! Jesus I wish I knew more like that, I could do with 100s of new ones - my 20-strong playlist is wearing thin at the minute.

How do you stay up-to-date with all the new songs like these?? Is there a particular radio station you listen to or a website you visit or what?!

daftpunk2 said:
'Finished Symphony'
if thats the 1 by Hybrid thats a quality song!
its off ssx tricky on the last track

Yeah that's the one, although the boxing theme is actually taken from one of the Ibiza albums as the original is a whole lot longer.

FD

Jack Bauer said:
There's a clubby electronicy song that has this guy going "something something back and forth" - "New York, Paris, Amsterdam" - "gonna rock your body now"... Anybody any ideas who it's by and what it's called?

Cheers guys.

By the way Proximus, those recommendations you made... Absolutely bloody class!! Jesus I wish I knew more like that, I could do with 100s of new ones - my 20-strong playlist is wearing thin at the minute.

How do you stay up-to-date with all the new songs like these?? Is there a particular radio station you listen to or a website you visit or what?!

I think the tune you're after may be Ferry Corsten - Rock Your Body.

I still see the Futurasound track as my tune of the year. It rocks. Er.. i listen to two internet radio stations.

D.I. is the better of the two. The trance and vocal trance channels play good stuff, and DI also have live sets on all day on other channels.

The other one i listen to Floorfillers Radio, find it at Alex Pepper's website, he plays some quality new and vintage music, all types of dance.

These are currently on my playlist
*Kate Ryan - Desenchantee (vocals are french, but tune is great)
*Iridium - Command Me (from 2000, the original and greatest Gladiator film theme remix ;) )
*DJ Kaz - Rendezvous (Harry Hard Remix)
*Digger - Church of Ra
*Neo Cortex - Elements (DJs@Work Remix)
*Special D - Come With Me (Friday Night Posse Remix)
*Marc Et Claude feat. Marc Almond - Soul On Soul

Su-fucking-perb, wheeheehaha, thank youuu!! This is the stuff I could go mad for but I'm starved of it. All the radio stations here cover 80s stuff or dance tunes from 3-5 years ago, or new ones that just sound like someone kicking a bin down a road (i.e. no tune to them at all, songs that only have one note, if any).

I really appreciate that last post mate, thank you so so much. :D

MonkeyJug said:
i could name you 10 tunes you've never heard and they would be the best 10 tunes you're ever likely to hear! :)
DO IT!
shock.gif
Do it do it do it do it DO IT!!
shock.gif

Bah, fine, don't.
sad.gif

I've just heard Snow Patrol for the first time (Chocolate's the name of the song) and I really loved it, anybody know of any songs similar to this one (I saw ClassicD talking to someone here about Snow Patrol a while ago actually but back then I'd never heard of them)? I thought Keane - Somewhere Only We Know was quite similar, and pretty good too. And then Eurythmics...
shy.gif
I heard Right By Your Side the other day and I absolutely loved it. Any similar ones, or any other good Eurythmics songs?
shy.gif

Even better though, I heard Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun and the superb Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box (I hated Nirvana, I seemed to be the only one who thought Smells Like Teen Spirit was a load of garbage)... Are there any other songs similar to these you'd recommend, or any other good Nirvana songs?

Thanks lads.
smile.gif

(Oh and Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl really rocks too... And The Vines - Ride...)

metal jason said:
Nirvana is the most overrated band in the history.
I think it has something to do with Kurt Kobain dying - I agree with you, I could never stand Smells Like Teen Spirit, I thought it was absolutely awful. This song I heard the other day by them, Heart-Shaped Box, is really good though.

Jack Bauer said:
MonkeyJug said:
i could name you 10 tunes you've never heard and they would be the best 10 tunes you're ever likely to hear! :)
DO IT!
shock.gif
Do it do it do it do it DO IT!!
shock.gif

in no particular order, off the top of my head:

central seven - missing (dj mellow d club mix)
alex d & ebop all-stars - isn't life wonderful?
dj quicksilver - ameno
nebulus - destination paradise
pulse - amara
allegro - moments of love
system f - elevate
fenology - unfinished symphony (funaki remix)
nostrum - brain child (club mix)
anything by alphazone...

Like the Vines but can't bring myself to say they're a great band. Seen them live twice, first time at a festival and they were so-so, then at the Barrowlands and they were total shite.

Snow Patrol are not bad, first single off the current album is my favourite (cannae even mind the name, it's a fast-paced rockier number and the guy sort of says "doodoo" along with it).

ClassicD said:
Snow Patrol are not bad, first single off the current album is my favourite (cannae even mind the name, it's a fast-paced rockier number and the guy sort of says "doodoo" along with it).

Spitting Games.

Oh and Chris get "Run" by Snow Patrol. It's definately their best song.

Yeah ive got the Snow Patrol album - damn good buy. Some good songs:-
Chocolate
Spitting Games
Run
How To Be Dead

Crackers. As for Jet, the whole album is quality im trying to find a way to see them live in London in May. Some of theirs:-
Are You Gonna Be My Girl
Last Chance
Cold Hard Bitch
Look What You've Done (i think thats what its called :l )

i know its quite old now but ive been listening to blueprint by Jay-z. very good album.

also speakerbox by outkast is very good.

Im currently listening to Wilco and Billy Bragg, sick, sick, sick album, its called mermaid avenue, a couple of songs with natalie merchant, there basically doing the songs of woodie guthrie. Its mainly acoustic songs, with fantastic lyrics.

Jack Bauer said:
metal jason said:
I think it has something to do with Kurt Kobain dying - I agree with you, I could never stand Smells Like Teen Spirit, I thought it was absolutely awful. This song I heard the other day by them, Heart-Shaped Box, is really good though.
i have no idea how you can say there overated, you can certainly not enjoy there music, but man the music that was around in the "mainstream" SUCKED before they came along. There had not been great rock and roll being made since the late seventies, at least in the mainstream, i aint counting metallica as they were still underground and not as popular until later. Nirvana re created the music revolution that paved the way for Perl Jam, STP, every band you listen to today. Glam bands and boy bands was all that the music industry was producing, it wasnt until Nirvana came along that they took notice again, of the FORCE OF ROCK N FUCKING ROLL!!!! Bands like the cure, the smiths, REM, etc. owe there popularity(more like bank accounts) to nirvana, these guys were not getting shit for radio airplay or MTV until nirvana came along, and for this Nirvana will always be considered one of the greatest bands in the history of rock n roll.

Rob said:
Just thought I'd post some of the songs i've been listening to lately:

* Eamon - I Don't Want You Back (F*ck you you hoe)
* Blue Flannel - Having a Bad Day (I hate my boss, barbacue sauce)
* Maroon 5 - Harder Too Breathe (Is there anyone out there)
* The Commitments - Dark End Of The Street (Hiding In Shadows)
* Cast - Sandstorm (But the only colour coming through is Reeddd)
* The Connels - 74-75 (Seventy Four, Seventy Five)
* Kurt Nilsen - She's So High (She's So Lovely)
* Lou Reed - This Magic Moment (Softer than a Summers Nite)
* Tom Petty - Learning To Fly (But I aint got wings)
* R.E.M - E-Bow the Letter (Each and every one a little scary)
* Dave Mathews Band - Crash Into Me (Sweet you rock, Sweet you Roll)
* The Cardigans - Communication (I Disconnect)
* Bluetones - Slight Return (I'm coming home)
* The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun (Your time is done)

The Connels - 74-75 (Seventy Four, Seventy Five)

Holy shit dude, i used to see those guys for $5 in a bar the size of your bathroom, dave matthews for that matter as well, both of those bands did the college thing in the early nineties, until dave got HUGE, you might like a band called the samples, check them out

loz said:
i know its quite old now but ive been listening to blueprint by Jay-z. very good album.

also speakerbox by outkast is very good.

we must have similar tastes mate, these kids on here talk about stuff I've never heard of....

But yeah Jay's Blueprint is good, really smooth album, you heard The Black Album??

And im still listening to both Outkast cd's, you got a favourite out of the two??

i did think the love below was better but now i cant seperate them, both quality, and yeah, still listening to em. Black album is top notch as well, he certainly IS one smooth mofo.

loz said:
i did think the love below was better but now i cant seperate them, both quality, and yeah, still listening to em. Black album is top notch as well, he certainly IS one smooth mofo.

When I first got I was bumping The Love Below and couldnt really get into the other one, now I love em both.

Have you heard the remixes of The Black Album??

The one i've got is called The Grey Album, its done by DJ Dangermouse.

Basically its The Black Album mixed with The Beatles White Album, its quality and some of the tunes are better than the originals (Jay Z's that is)

Apparently McCartney was sent a copy and really like it and copies we're sent out all over the place but EMI pulled the plug and now its a bootleg.

ive heard about it, but havent heard it. Anything similar to jayz you can recommend?

hip hop, rnb, funk and rap are the worst kinds of music ever!

really, if you came in my house and tried to stick one of those wankdog cds on my denon - i'd stab you...

csaunders said:
Jack Bauer said:
metal jason said:
i have no idea how you can say there overated, you can certainly not enjoy there music, but man the music that was around in the "mainstream" SUCKED before they came along. There had not been great rock and roll being made since the late seventies, at least in the mainstream, i aint counting metallica as they were still underground and not as popular until later. Nirvana re created the music revolution that paved the way for Perl Jam, STP, every band you listen to today. Glam bands and boy bands was all that the music industry was producing, it wasnt until Nirvana came along that they took notice again, of the FORCE OF ROCK N FUCKING ROLL!!!! Bands like the cure, the smiths, REM, etc. owe there popularity(more like bank accounts) to nirvana, these guys were not getting shit for radio airplay or MTV until nirvana came along, and for this Nirvana will always be considered one of the greatest bands in the history of rock n roll.

From the technically side, Kurt Cobain suck. From the musically side, it suck as well. Nirvana is just a POP or mainstream grunge band that promoted by MTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom