PC Gaming

Is that a thing that my video card cant take 4K?
Its quiet old from 2018, i used my gold hdmi to play Dead Space on my 4K tv rather but it has so much stuttering. But if reduce the resolution to 1080p its all smooth on max settings on the tv too. So i guess something related to the 4K? I have updated the drivers for Dead Space.

Is that a thing that my video card cant take 4K?
Its quiet old from 2018, i used my gold hdmi to play Dead Space on my 4K tv rather but it has so much stuttering. But if reduce the resolution to 1080p its all smooth on max settings on the tv too. So i guess something related to the 4K? I have updated the drivers for Dead Space.

What is your GFX card?
If it is from 2018, it would be highly unlikely to do 4K gaming at 60FPS without lowering the settings.
I would of thought the new Dead Space would be a pretty beefy game, so yes 4K on a 2018 GFX just wouldn't work.
PC's don't have dynamic resolution like consoles where the game will change resolution in action scenes.

Turn on the FPS counter in game and see what the FPS is, but on PC unless you lock a game with V-Sync (30FPS) on low frames then you will start to notice stutter when it drops below 50.

Edit:-
Just checked Dead Space requirements and the game recommends a 2070, which I would assume is the card needed to achieve 60FPS @1080p.
EDIT AGAIN - Found this online.
In terms of hardware requirements, Dead Space is very demanding.
In order to reach 60 FPS at the 1080p Full HD resolution you need a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 3070, or a Radeon RX 6700 XT.
For 1440p gaming, an RTX 3070 Ti or Radeon RX 6800 XT is required to achieve 60 FPS and beyond.

This also helps FPS by 25% apparently - https://www.dsogaming.com/news/dead...25-free-performance-boost-with-resizable-bar/

Or lock the game to 30FPS using Vsync in the settings and play it like a PS5.

Last edited:
Found my little Text File which has some stuff in it.

It is actually called Core Isolation which I disable, with Intel CPU's it can add 10-20% extra FPS when gaming.
Search settings - Change to classic - This stops Windows Indexing everything
Services.msc - Disable Connect user Experience and Distributed Link Tracking
Defrag - Turn Off - Always have done - But with Windows 11 this is disabled by default already
Capture Settings - Disable - Only do this as use Nvidia Shadow Play for this.
Apps Startup - Basically disable everything from loading when Windows boots.

Awesome thank you! :)

Quick question. This is weird or I don't know if its W11. Yesterday I turned off my pc normally (went to sleep). Today I turned on and the sleep option is no longer there. Am I missing something? How do I get it back. I haven't really touched any settings. It just disappeared.

Screenshot 2023-02-11 121742.pngScreenshot 2023-02-11 121806.png

What is your GFX card?
If it is from 2018, it would be highly unlikely to do 4K gaming at 60FPS without lowering the settings.
I would of thought the new Dead Space would be a pretty beefy game, so yes 4K on a 2018 GFX just wouldn't work.
PC's don't have dynamic resolution like consoles where the game will change resolution in action scenes.

Turn on the FPS counter in game and see what the FPS is, but on PC unless you lock a game with V-Sync (30FPS) on low frames then you will start to notice stutter when it drops below 50.
Dead Space Remake PC port has dynamic resolution.

However, both pc and console versions dynamic resolution are limited to only 1/2 of base resolution. It won't drop further than that and in such cases, will result in fps drop.

Microsoft is adding its Xbox PC games to GeForce Now

Interesting, I know a bunch of people that would be delighted to play Flight Sim on this. Interesting they do this as its basically a competitor to Xcloud, thenn again it might be to look good to regulators, but I guess good for gamers

No cloud gaming service has the same quality as Nvidia.
And Nvidia really need something to tempt them to the service as it is something like £15-£20 a month for their top of the range service which is equivalent of having a PC with a 4080 inside.

It is by far the best of any cloud gaming I have tested, with the PS one very comfortable at the back.

No cloud gaming service has the same quality as Nvidia.
And Nvidia really need something to tempt them to the service as it is something like £15-£20 a month for their top of the range service which is equivalent of having a PC with a 4080 inside.

It is by far the best of any cloud gaming I have tested, with the PS one very comfortable at the back.

Haven't tried it in a while but it was good bacl when I tried it (when the basic was just 5$). I haven't tried ps cloud but had good and bad experiences with xcloud although it got better and bearable to try games before installing

I do think Nvidia service is the best now. So I guess its good to get more games there. Still bummed about Stadia. Preferred that model but they never added a good catalog

Haven't tried it in a while but it was good bacl when I tried it (when the basic was just 5$). I haven't tried ps cloud but had good and bad experiences with xcloud although it got better and bearable to try games before installing

I do think Nvidia service is the best now. So I guess its good to get more games there. Still bummed about Stadia. Preferred that model but they never added a good catalog

The Stadia didn't perform as expected or anywhere near as expected.
I personally thought that Cloud gaming was 100% the future but it seems that is not the case.

You have to think although it appears expensive it isn't really Nvidia is £15 a month - And you link it to your PC accounts on Steam or Epic and if you have the license to play the games on there then you can.

So if you think it is £150 a year, so after 4 years of subscriptions it has cost the same as a PS5.
However if you buy say 5 games a year, the PC is about £30 a game cheaper than PS.. So effectively you are saving more money.

Also not all games on Steam are available, so you have to make sure the games are compatible with Nvidia before purchasing on Steam.
So this is basically the main reason why it doesn't work - Too many games are locked behind other cloud gaming services and if you want to play most games then you will have to subscribe to several different services, just like TV streaming services.

The day cloud gaming becomes the norm, will be the day I quit playing new games. I already avoid online only games and games that didn't get the drm removed since those games won't be preserved in future and there is no point in investing my time on them.

The day cloud gaming becomes the norm, will be the day I quit playing new games. I already avoid online only games and games that didn't get the drm removed since those games won't be preserved in future and there is no point in investing my time on them.

That is probably the most piraty comment I have ever read..

30060-Deeper-Feature-1024x555.jpg

The Stadia didn't perform as expected or anywhere near as expected.
I personally thought that Cloud gaming was 100% the future but it seems that is not the case.

You have to think although it appears expensive it isn't really Nvidia is £15 a month - And you link it to your PC accounts on Steam or Epic and if you have the license to play the games on there then you can.

So if you think it is £150 a year, so after 4 years of subscriptions it has cost the same as a PS5.
However if you buy say 5 games a year, the PC is about £30 a game cheaper than PS.. So effectively you are saving more money.

Also not all games on Steam are available, so you have to make sure the games are compatible with Nvidia before purchasing on Steam.
So this is basically the main reason why it doesn't work - Too many games are locked behind other cloud gaming services and if you want to play most games then you will have to subscribe to several different services, just like TV streaming services.

I didn't have a chance to try both side by side at the end of Stadia end of life cycle. But are you talking about performance? I actually thought Stadia had the best connection of all the cloud services and at least for me was flawless (didnt try 4k tier). Or do you mean of what they offered (games and catalog) because that I completely agree. But the fact a casual player could buy fifa or madden and just stream from a Chromecast was great for many of my friends who didnt want to or couldn't find a console.

Personally I preferred the pricing model of Stadia, you buy the games and there is no subscription, just personal preference because I dont buy many games. A one time cost. It charged the game but not the service, NVIDIA is the other way around. Charges the service but not the game. Guess it depends on your usage and both can fit different types of gamers.

But wouldn't that apply to digital games too (like Steam)? Just to understand how DRM affects preservation. Valid point though, if you buy all physical.

30060-Deeper-Feature-1024x555.jpg
He's got a point though? SP games should always be playable offline without online DRM checks now and then. I'm stretching it a bit, what will happen if all ISPs decide to charge £100p/m? Many won't be able to afford it and they'll lose access to products they've already bought legally (despite agreeing though to certain questionable Ts&Cs).

The point still stands. Unless the game get's cracked, I do not bother buying and playing the game at all. One of the condition for me before purchasing a game is that it has to be be available DRM free so that in future if they delist the game and I for some reason loose access to my steam/origin/uplay/ and zillion other launcher account, I still can play the game years later.

If the game is in volatile state, I personally see 0 reasons to spend a single minute in that game. The reason for such drastic decision is that I keep playing very older games years after I already finished playing the game.

But wouldn't that apply to digital games too (like Steam)? Just to understand how DRM affects preservation. Valid point though, if you buy all physical.

Yes you're right. So I currently only purchase games from GOG, and for other launchers I wait until it gets cracked. Only if I can ensure that the game can be preserved in future, I will purchase from steam.

I made the mistake of purchasing FIFA 16 years ago and now that is a game that remained uncracked and got delisted from EA's store. So I will never make that same mistake again. This may seem like an excessive measure, but this ensures that my investing and time spent on a game is worth it. And yes, this means I usually completely avoid online multiplayer games.

Similarly, I also avoid games that has microtransactions, releases broken on launch day, has shader compilation stutter, inferior port and missing features from consoles and remakes. This means I end up purchasing only 1-2 games max per year.

Bit of a random one, I've heard you can use parsec to play local one Vs one on PES. Was talking with a mate last night who lives other end of the country and has a Mac, has anyone actually used this before? Assume you could also do voice chat via discord or something similar?

Bit of a random one, I've heard you can use parsec to play local one Vs one on PES. Was talking with a mate last night who lives other end of the country and has a Mac, has anyone actually used this before? Assume you could also do voice chat via discord or something similar?
I use it all the time with @Chris Davies and it works superbly.
Occasionally you get a little lag and the screen will go to what looks like SNES graphics but this is incredibly rare.

It is much better than a lot of gaming services out there and works perfectly for PES and FIFA.

It is definitely the best way to play old games with a mate.

Other bugs are, you need to set the screen resolution to the same as the person connecting, as had issues when I am playing in 4K and other person has 1080p.
Also a lot of older games FIFA 14 and PES 6, for some reason don’t accept an Xbox Series X controller but are fine with a Xbox One controller.

But give it a go, as works perfectly for me and Chris.

I had the dreaded Origin pop up this morning forcing me to install the god awful new EA App which won't let me play any of my EA Play Pro games.
So I googled around for a solution as there is no way I am getting rid of Origin.

To fix the issue, so you don't have to upgrade to the EA Shite App follow the below:-

Goto C:\ProgramData\
In that you'll see an Origin Folder, open that.
C:\ProgramData\Origin\
In there you will see this File:
local.xml
C:\ProgramData\Origin\local.xml
Save a copy of that, just in case, so you can put it back if needed.
Now open that File with, say, Notepad, and add the following Key just above the last line:
<Setting key="MigrationDisabled" type="1" value="true" />
Save that.

The above works an absolute treat and I can now continue to use Origin without the stupid pop up in the way.

This has to be the greatest take the piss sale of all time..

CDKeys.com will organise a promotion between 14:00 GMT on the 16th of March 2023 and 14:00 GMT on the 17th of March 2023 - a 24 Hour Flash Sale.

The details and terms of the promotion are as follows:
  1. Purchase 2 or more games and get up to 10% off the games in your cart.
  2. The offer is for PC Games, Nintendo Games, Xbox Games and PSN Games only.
  3. The discount is capped at £2.00 or local equivalent.

That's right the discount is capped at £2, so it isn't even remotely 10% off and more like 2%.

I had the dreaded Origin pop up this morning forcing me to install the god awful new EA App which won't let me play any of my EA Play Pro games.
So I googled around for a solution as there is no way I am getting rid of Origin.

To fix the issue, so you don't have to upgrade to the EA Shite App follow the below:-

Goto C:\ProgramData\
In that you'll see an Origin Folder, open that.
C:\ProgramData\Origin\
In there you will see this File:
local.xml
C:\ProgramData\Origin\local.xml
Save a copy of that, just in case, so you can put it back if needed.
Now open that File with, say, Notepad, and add the following Key just above the last line:
<Setting key="MigrationDisabled" type="1" value="true" />
Save that.

The above works an absolute treat and I can now continue to use Origin without the stupid pop up in the way.

It seems like I can't get it working. Once I open Origin, the lines keeps getting deleted even if I set the file to read only.
I still have the EA app installed (but not running at the same time). Could it be the reason?

It seems like I can't get it working. Once I open Origin, the lines keeps getting deleted even if I set the file to read only.
I still have the EA app installed (but not running at the same time). Could it be the reason?
No EA released a patch for Origin which stops this work around from working.

There is no answer now, you have to use the heavily bugged EA App.

No EA released a patch for Origin which stops this work around from working.

There is no answer now, you have to use the heavily bugged EA App.

I found a video on YouTube that gives a workaround that implies using a previous version of origin and to do few edits to prevent origin from updating, but I didn't try it yet.

I went crazy last night, I couldn't make FIFA16 starting despite repairing it, then trying to uninstall it and reinstall it (also in a new location). The fifaconfig.exe would never open even when double clicking it.
I still have to give a shot to this origin approach (was way too late when I discovered the work around) as I suspect EA app to be the problem here. What could it be otherwise? Registry?

Here is the video

EDIT: I found the solution for my FIFA16 problems (fifasetup.ini corrupted).

Last edited:
Guys if anyone can help me would be much appreciated.
Since January i got a rtx4090 palit, it worked very well until last week, mostly playing pes21 fully moded on 4k, temp was from 62-69, Now since last week when i play on the pitch i can see colours changing, its like going darker for some seconds and then back to normal, then again the same shit, i read something on the internet i guess its artifacts.
I tried to power limit my gpu with afterburner temps dropped down to 60 but im still getting this weird colour changings.
I uninstalled my drivers with ddu, installed them again, rolled back to older nvidia drivers didnt help anything, also reinstalled windows before, updated bios , even tried another monitor nothing helped.
Atm im not home, but i will try to upload a video so you can see better.
If anyone had the similar thing , would be nice to hear any help
Thanks

Atm im not home, but i will try to upload a video so you can see better.
Sounds like a Vram Problem or something like that. A Video would be useful.
Whats your PSU? Do you use HDMI or DP to connect to the Monitor?

Last edited:
Sounds like a Vram Problem or something like that. A Video would be useful.
Whats your PSU? Do you use HDMI or DP to connect to the Monitor?
Dp, i tried another monitor with hdmi, same problem.
Psu is a be quiet 1000w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom