PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

Tom099 said:
Thanks so much for all these vid's jide. Are pens any diffrent?

Nope they are they same
About crosses depending on where you are you can different crosses. I've even seen outside of the boot(flick) crosses. Ground crosses seem to travel more further. I'm still very worried about gk's handling though. Its just seems so inconsistent at times

Can you tell us more about the lag you've experienced jide? Also, what's your connection like etc?

i doubt this is the final code people, hence there will be lag now

this is why they test the game, so they can improve on it for final released

ps that dragback is fooking class

aaarrrggh said:
Any more info on lag over the net?

I will try more online games later tonight. I haven't had one smooth game whether I’ve hosted or not. It’s not awful, it’s playable once you get used to it. I just wonder if people playing with 50 Hz and 60 Hz will cause problems. This is an early build so I don't know. It’s an improvement over the pes4 on Live though. The ranking system is quite nice you get points for winning, losing and drawing when you get enough points you enter a higher division. So you won’t get new players playing experienced players after a while. I'm on Bulldog 8Mbps now and when connecting to other players i always get full bars. I'm sure Konami will fix this hopefully.

I wish the game would show pings. The refs seem very lenient, I wish they would add persistent fouls.

jide said:
I will try more online games later tonight. I haven't had one smooth game whether I’ve hosted or not. It’s not awful, it’s playable once you get used to it. I just wonder if people playing with 50 Hz and 60 Hz will cause problems. This is an early build so I don't know. It’s an improvement over the pes4 on Live though. The ranking system is quite nice you get points for winning, losing and drawing when you get enough points you enter a higher division. So you won’t get new players playing experienced players after a while. I'm on Bulldog 8Mbps now and when connecting to other players i always get full bars. I'm sure Konami will fix this hopefully.

I wish the game would show pings. The refs seem very lenient, I wish they would add persistent fouls.

Thanks for that mate, that's a real help :)

Thanks for all the great info jide!! I really love the new player physics and the keeper throwing the ball to a well positioned player. Its a shame that so many dudes are complaining about the speed etc. I will know for sure that we9/pes5 is gonna blow us away!!

How should he know? He´s just testing the beta version for online play and he knows as much as we all know about any potential costs involved. You never get any more info on the beta trial games as others.

In that loop shot video, it looks like different nets when the ball rolls down, they look like the old triangle type goals... is that true?

Jide...

The more you show, the more they want...that's a fact.

So eveybody, just keep a piece of mistery in th game ;)

newblood8 said:
Did nobody realize that one the vid for the controlled shot which he does in training with Henry (the first vid) is absolutely unrealistic? Henry takes that shot with the inside of his left foot (although he is right-footed) and the ball doesn´t curl away from goal, but more around the keeper and to the inside. I was hoping that Konami would get this straight.

Fair point on the curl but I'm afraid to tell you that while Henry's preferred foot is of course his right, he can use his left just as well.

Look at some of his great goals, all scored with his left foot.

i thought someone would tell Jide how to do that feint by now :(

press r1 to put your foot on the ball, and double tap at 90 degrees to where you're facing.

BlU3SiD3 said:
please, C.Ronaldo moves!!! :D
I'd love to see some Cristiano Ronaldo moves.
Does he have anything unique?

oooh jide i have a question!

STEPOVERS

have they been improved? do they fool anyone yet?!

cheeers

loving the dragback!

Any more videos to be posted?

They're looking brilliant, from what I've seen.

jide have you played WE8 : LE?

if you have, can you tell me whether free kicks are easier to score or not?

Thanks

I hope they're not. I often score with people with FK accuracy on 80 or below as I play with mid-table or lower teams and wouldn't like to see frequency of conversion of FK increase.

PLF said:
I hope they're not. I often score with people with FK accuracy on 80 or below as I play with mid-table or lower teams and wouldn't like to see frequency of conversion of FK increase.
That's strange, I always found the PES4/WE8 free kicks, immensely hard.

I want them to make them a tad bit easier for PES5.

I can't dowload the last vidéo of henry xith megaupload help me please
thanks

Free kicks should stay the same, they're only difficult for beginners really, as you use more players to take different free kicks (only achieved through extended playing) you learn how to take them well.

I like the current system, its still a challenge but also rewarding for knowing your player and his strengths/ weaknesses.

I hope they dont make them any easier anyway! :shock:

Dar said:
Free kicks should stay the same, they're only difficult for beginners really, as you use more players to take different free kicks (only achieved through extended playing) you learn how to take them well.

I like the current system, its still a challenge but also rewarding for knowing your player and his strengths/ weaknesses.

I hope they dont make them any easier anyway! :shock:

Ditto.

PLF said:

I agree with you and Dar bro, they defintley shouldn't make them any easier. Fk taking is an art and needs to be difficult, I practice Fk's all the time and I love that fact you have to use different techniques for different players. I don't just wanna be able to pick up the pad and score a FK the same way every time. There fine as they are in we8le. :D

But dont you guys think its very unrealistic compared to PES4?

I mean, imo PES4 was perfect. you could wrong foot the keeper (something Ive been wanting to do for ages!) and if the kick was going in the corner the keeper would get nowhere near it.

In WE8: LW the keepers seem to having amazing spring when facing free kicks, but during open play they seem to lose it! ;) They save way too many top corner free kicks.

there needs to be a consistency.

All I want is for it to be like real life. Something its not in WE8: LW.

Tend to agree with Adonis, lost count of the number of times I've sent a FK within a bawhair of the connection between post and bar yet the keeper gets two hands to it.

I get that too. I mean, how much more perfect can a freekick get? If that shot never went in, it basically meant that it was actually impossible to score at that point.

Exactly, yet in real life that doesn't happen.

For example, if you get Beckham/Ronaldinho taking a free kick for their clubs, and they curl it in top corner, 90% of the time, the keeper will get absolutely no where near it.

Yet in PES4, however accurate or powerful your free kick, most of the time the opposing keeper get's to it, with time to spare.

He sometimes even catches it, even when it's completely out of any keeper (in real life)'s reach. I mean, everyone knows that in real life, there's a place in the net, where you can put it and the keeper will never stand a chance of saving it. They need to make this visisble in PES5.

bravoboy1 said:
That's strange, I always found the PES4/WE8 free kicks, immensely hard.

I want them to make them a tad bit easier for PES5.

I second this. I doubt some of you can score FKs the way you say you can. The diffculty level is just insane in WE8:LE! I was very good at FKs in previous versions too so it's not like I can't take em.

Then again, maybe PLF and others who score free kicks like the way you say you do play on 3 stars-makes sense that way. Placing a FK in the top-corner with speed (which I can do) and having a keeper still get to it on 5 and 6 star difficulty is unrealistic and frustrating. WE9, hopefully, improves on this.

Back
Top Bottom