Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2009/10 Season

Mmhh.. Unfortunately I must say that you have already a foot in Serie B :(

I can also see one between Atalanta and Siena go down (but, for some reason, I can't see both going down.. and I hope Siena will get relegated instead of "the Goddess"), but the one that scares me the most is Lazio at the moment..
I really can't understand how come they are such a candidate for relegation, seeing their squad..
And they're not used to this kind of situations (unlike Livorno, Siena or Atalanta) so they're most likely to "break down" under pressure..

Well.. I think Livorno, Siena and Lazio will go down..

:CONFUSE:
that's crazy! what a blatant dive. can u imagine what would have happened if a top club would have been given such a penalty? everyone would be bringing back conspiracy theories :P

Exactly.

I don't give a $hit about Juve either but if this ref was to help Juve in a Juve vs. Chievo match as much as it helped Catania (who were even the away team!), then there would be people saying Juve is being helped into 4th place, etc. Or any other top team for that matter and the opposing fans would be crying conspiracy.

Here though Chievo got SCREWED! Not just because of the blatant dive by Maxi but because Pelissier was CLEARLY held back/fouled in the box earlier in the match for a penalty that WASNT given.

But it's Chievo vs. Catania! And both teams at this point even look kinda safe from going down, Chievo who got screwed particularly seem almost safe with 36 points, so nobody's talking about this.

---------------------------

About the pic, well, yeah but this 'farmer' like image with the toothpick is how he often likes to present himself so I'm doing him no harm. :P

------------------------------

p.s. I heard Cagliari is refunding fans who attended the match against Lazio because they had promised a refund if they didn't win or lost! (Either one, not sure which), is this common? Seems a little weird to me. Cagliari is doing well but it seems like a very 'cocky' thing to promise before a match! Top teams don't even do this as far as I know. Why would Cagliari do this? Glad to see Lazio take care of business in this one and get the 3 points.

Last edited:

p.s. I heard Cagliari is refunding fans who attended the match against Lazio because they had promised a refund if they didn't win or lost! (Either one, not sure which), is this common? [/b]

not really. i believe this is a first time. and yes, this is definitely weird, presumptuous and unappropriate, but then again, it's cellino we're talking about, so, no it's no surprise.
for those who don't know cellino, he's cagliari's owner and president.... he's quite a folkloristic carachter (a la zamparini, if u know what i mean).

and u're absolutely right about the chievo catania game. it's a mediatic issue mostly. most of the media just care about the big clubs (plus some "aristocratic outsiders" like fiorentina and napoli), but serie a's underclass (some midclass teams and most of the poor teams) gets constantly overlooked.
for instance, right now, we have 2 midclass teams which are having a great season, displaying some nice football and fighting for the champions league (palermo and samp), yet all the newspapers and tv-media focus on the title race (inter-milan-roma) and on juventus disgraceful season.

ale, i'm afraid "la dea" (atalanta) is doomed at this point... i also think lazio will manage to stay out of the relegation zone...... i just can't see lazio going in serie b.

on a different note, genoa-palermo tomorrow..... man, this match is gonna be terrific!.... genoa is a machine in home fixtures.... and after being tore apart by fiorentina last week, they're gonna be really fired up...... let's just hope samp won't win against bari.... altough i'm not very confident as bari has not much more to fight for at this point of the season.

p.s. i'm afraid u guys were right about balotelli.... i'm starting to realise he's actually that stupid selfish cunt some people say he is.

ale, i'm afraid "la dea" (atalanta) is doomed at this point... i also think lazio will manage to stay out of the relegation zone...... i just can't see lazio going in serie b.
I still hope they manage to climb their way out of this disgraceful table position, which is nowhere near the expected result at the start of the season.
As I said, I still consider "being used to fight to avoid relegation" a good point of advantage Atalanta and Siena have against Lazio.

I just hope Atalanta can take some sort of advantage from the Lazio vs. Siena game that is going to be played tomorrow, then Lazio will face Milan and Siena will face Genoa..
Of course Atalanta need to put in two concrete performances against Cagliari and (hopefully) a Juventus that is everything but unbeatable..
If everything goes as I expect (well, hope) I can see Atalanta getting 4 points in the next 2 matches, against the 2 of Siena and the only 1 of Lazio..
Livorno on the other hand will probably get a point against Bari but (unfortunately) there's no chance they win/draw in Milan..

Well, next monday Serie A table will look way more clear than now I suppose..

I do hope Atalanta make it, but i'm afraid Ben's right about them.
What about Genoa. At the start of the season they looked like the most likely challengers for that 4th CL spot. What happened to them. They seem to stagnate (oh and by the way, that's a team i really like).

I think the loss of Motta and Milito eventualy got to them.

actually i think genoa is doing great this season. gasperini had to deal with the departures of 2 extremely important assets as milito and motta..... and had to make a team out of a pretty new squad straight away.
amelia, crespo, palacio, zapater, kharja, dainelli, acquafresca, floccari, suazo...... the team had so many new signings he had to rebuild it from the foundations.

yet genoa has been playing some of the best and most entertaining football in italy.... and they also delivered.
i mean, a 7th place with 42 points is a great result in this league.
afterall, they're just 5 points behind the 4th place.... wich means that with 2 more wins they might be ahead of palermo and sampdoria.

the thing is, with this huge group of teams which are pretty much on the same level (fiorentina, sampdoria, genoa, palermo, napoli.... and also udinese and lazio), it takes nothing to turn a great season into a disappointing one.
i mean look at palermo. we've been doing great so far, but by the end of the week (after tomorrow match and sunday match) we might aswell be at the very bottom of this group (wich means in 9th place, behind genoa)..... and by the same time, genoa might well be in 4th place.

this league is extremely demanding for midclass clubs.... there is too much competition, too many good teams, so u have to be always at your best.... just 2 bad performances and 4, 5, 6 teams might take advantage of your false steps and get ahead of u.

just think of fiorentina. till 3 weeks ago they were clearely out of the champions league spot race.... and now after 2 wins in a row they're back with the group, just 6 points far from the 4th place.

given the circumstances, i'd say genoa is doing very well. everything will be decided by the final rush (the last 5 weeks). as long as they can keep up with the rest of the group till then, they'll be fine.... and for all we know, in 2 weeks they might well be leading the group, let along keeping up with it. :))

one thing is for sure, the upcoming genova derby is gonna be one for the decades! :)) it might aswell turn out to be a champions league worthy match!

Last edited:

Very amazing race this season. At one point, Parma were aiming for a CL spot. That would have been something.

As for the CL, I have a hunch it will be between Palermo and Juventus. For me I hope it will be between Fiorentina and Palermo. Imagine another time Fiorentina in the CL. That would really put them on the top clubs list. Palermo in the CL will mean keeping Kjaer(I think he will surely stay if Palermo go to CL) and the other players or at least replace Simplicio and Bresciano by good players. Simplicio looks defenitly out though. :( I think Milan will surely take him since he is good and the him being free part. Let Juve take some drastic steps.

Last edited:

i don't know about juve, honestly. i mean they're not far from the 4th place.... but they're the weakest team in the group.... they still have to play against the likes of napoli, udinese, milan, inter, cagliari.... given how they're playing right now, i don't think they'll win any of theese matches.
i wouldn't be surprised if they would end the season right at the bottom of the group.
i have a feeling fiorentina will have a hell of a comeback in the next weeks. they've been rolling since they went out of champions league.

as for palerrmo, yeah one of the best thing about getting the champions league spot would be keeping kjaer and getting some serious money to replace bresciano (there's no need to replace simplicio, as pastore already got his place in the starting formation).
i would love if we could get asamoah (the udinese midfielder) to replace bresciano, but dealing with pozzo (udinese owner) is a nightmare. as a negotiatior he's a real pain in the ass!

about simplicio, zeem, apparently he already reached an agreement with roma.

Isn't Bresciano a regular first teamer anymore...and if not, who is replacing him?

I think Nocerino is playing instead of him lately, am I wrong?

The current formation of Palermo should be like this:
Code:
---------------Sirigu---------------

Cassani - Bovo - Kjaer - Balzaretti

--Nocerino - Liverani - Migliaccio--
--------------Pastore---------------

----------Cavani - Miccoli----------
waits for Ben's insults for having posted a wrong formation :P

The table is so congested at the moment. There's undoubtably a few twists and turns left and hopefully a great climax to the Serie A season.

Juve's season is very similar to Liverpool's over here in terms of spectacular failure. :D

Chimenti broke his hand punching a table in the dressing room after he let that goal in for Cassano so now all 3 Juve keepers are out injured, though Buffon and Manninger are close to return. :LOL:

He looks like a child. He just wants attention. So does Mourinho.

Balotelli was undoubtedly incited by the media, but an AC Milan jersey, our city rivals... C'mon. Imagine a Barca or Real player doing that??! I feel sorry for Mario a bit though. They're not man Inter fans left on his side. And with Raiola acting as his agent (the same guy who orchestrated Ibra's departure for Barcelona) I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mario found himself at a new club next season. Fine with me. Let him be someone else's problem. Anyway, enough with the soap opera drama, let's all have laugh at Juve :LOL: Looks like all those years of suffering as an Inter fan have finally paid off :P

I have to say though, based on the last 4 games, I think I was very wrong about Cannavaro. I figured it was only an issue of speed but he just doesn't look switched on at all, losing one-on-ones, falling for feints, going to ground to quickly, his anticipation looks rather poor. I figured coming from La Liga he would do okay in serie A where the defence receives much more protection from the midfield. I suppose it doesn't help that Chellini and Grosso go on those galloping runs forward to join the attack. Hmmm :THINK: ... Anyway, the Napoli-Juve game was a joy to watch. So to was Milan's loss to Parma. Interesting Parma played with a trident of former Inter players (Crespo, Bibiyani and Jiminez) and even Bojinov dedicated his goal to Mourinho :BY: Now lets see what Roma can do Saturday in the Olimpico.

I think Juve have broken the record of number of losses they had in one season ever. All time low. It was 11 maybe or something like that. Anyway, they still needed one loss to do it and they have.

They always seem to lead the game then fall out.

What does the video say?
striscia la notizia is a satirical\comic tv program. first they asked him if he wanted to wear a milan shirt. he said no, so they pretended to turn the cameras off and had him wearing it.
the most interesting part is when the journalist ask him about mourinho's win against chelsea. he replied "the team beated chelsea, not mourinho".
it might seem just a stupid act from a stupid kid....and afterall mario is definitely not that smart.... but i think there's more into it. i there's a (not so) hidden agenda behind this. that's the first step of a dance between mario and inter. that's just his first move to push moratti to sell him in the summer.
jose really crossed the line with his accusations last week. that's mario's reply. (what a ridiculous situation. a grown up man fighting with a 19 years old kid with a troubled background.... i can't believe how inter fans can't realise what a damage jose is causing to inter with his childish attitude).
rfu said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mario found himself at a new club next season. Fine with me. Let him be someone else's problem
yeah, afterall we're just talking about one the most impressive under 20 players in europe (if not THE most impressive).... there's no harm in getting rid of him to indulge the coach....:WHISTLE:
i tell ya mate, mario won't be a problem for his next team.... coz any other coach in the world could easily handle him. he's not cassano, he's not ronaldo or joey barton or panucci..... he's just a stupid 19 years old kid with an attitude..... he doesn't get late to training sessions, he doen't go clubbing every other night, he doesn't argue with his teammates. he's just got a very bad carachter... and that's because of what he had to go through in his life...... in 2,3 years he'll grow up.... and as soon as he'll feel "safe and confortable" he will drop that "cocky attitude on the pitch" armour (wich is his only problem right now).... he'll be a problem for every defensive line he'll face.... but sure he won't be a problem for his next club.......

and sure he'll be much more of a problem for inter, once he will leave, as he will became one of moratti's biggest regrets (just like pirlo, seedorf and ronaldo).
----------------------------------------------------------------

moving back to the campionato, man, the table gets more congested every week. with napoli's expected win over juve, palermo's unexpected draw with genoa (what a match, btw!) and sampdoria's loss at bari, now we have 4 teams in 3 points..... and 5 teams in 5 points (with genoa still in the chase).

4° - palermo 48
5° - sampdoria 47
6° - napoli 45
7° - juventus 45
8° - genoa 43

at least now we can say fiorentina is officially out of the race. after loosing at catania, they have 41 points now.

Nice post about Balotelli Ben...i totally agree.
Most people forget that it's not that simple to be 19 years old and being considered a star.

About that struggle for 4th place: i really hope Palermo can get it...i've never seen a complete match of them...if they play the CL...there is a chance...and if they would play against a Belgian club, i can see them live (remember gib about Lille, when they played Liverpool: he was over the moon that he finally could see his favourite team live...).

Inter will be very stupid to choose Mourinho over Balotelli. Mourinho is never considered a long term coach. He will probably leave in the next couple of years to Real or anyother team.

Inter will be very stupid to choose Mourinho over Balotelli. Mourinho is never considered a long term coach. He will probably leave in the next couple of years to Real or anyother team.
it's not like moratti hasn't already done something this stupid in his life.... he already chose cuper over ronaldo afterall.
gerd said:
Most people forget that it's not that simple to be 19 years old and being considered a star.
and mario's situation is even more complicated... let's not forget we're talking about a kid that was abandoned by his natural parents.
2 years ago balotelli's former teacher at school told that, after seeing him always sad, melancholy and worried, she talked to him in private and he told her he was afraid that somebody could take him away from his foster parents... that he was afraid he would have been "thrown away" (his own words, according to his teacher).

this "tough guy" armour he built is just a way to protect himself..... as soon as he'll reach his 20s, he'll finally drop this armour.
his background is the reason of his "always proving" attitude... every time he feels someone is trying to push him around, he reacts with an aggressive mood... u don't have to be a psycologist to realise that....
but what's mourinho's excuse for his unacceptable attitude? coz he's acting exactly like balotelli.... and' he's not a teenager anymore.
after the "fever incident" of a few weeks ago, if i would have been mario's brother, i got to admit i would have probably looked for mourinho and kicked the shit out of him.

oh, and about this "little devil", he's such an "uncontrollable person", he still lives with his parents (despite having a millionaire contract).... yeah sure, he must be such a bastard :DOH:
gerd said:
About that struggle for 4th place: i really hope Palermo can get it...i've never seen a complete match of them...if they play the CL...there is a chance...
i hope we'll make it too Gerd. but if we would manage to end the season in 4th place, the palermo u're gonna see next season is gonna look nothing like this palermo.
infact, if next year we'll play in champions league too, i reckon we'll have our worst season since we reached serie a, as that's what happens when a midclass italian team has to deal with multiple competitions.....
... but i don't really mind. it would be a small price to pay to hear the champions league anthem in the renzo barbera stadium! :))

Last edited:

it might seem just a stupid act from a stupid kid....and afterall mario is definitely not that smart.... but i think there's more into it. i there's a (not so) hidden agenda behind this. that's the first step of a dance between mario and inter. that's just his first move to push moratti to sell him in the summer.
IMO he'd rather play at a club where he's afforded more freedom and not burdened with defensive duties.

yeah, afterall we're just talking about one the most impressive under 20 players in europe (if not THE most impressive).... there's no harm in getting rid of him to indulge the coach....:WHISTLE:
i tell ya mate, mario won't be a problem for his next team.... coz any other coach in the world could easily handle him. he's not cassano, he's not ronaldo or joey barton or panucci..... he's just a stupid 19 years old kid with an attitude..... he doesn't get late to training sessions, he doen't go clubbing every other night, he doesn't argue with his teammates. he's just got a very bad carachter... and that's because of what he had to go through in his life...... in 2,3 years he'll grow up....
But he wore a Milan shirt :LOL: It was a stupid prank, and really, I'm not too bothered. I mean if it were a club symbol like Zanetti, Cambiasso, Bergomi, Baresi or Ronaldo (:CENSOR:) then I would be livid. BUT REALLY, where's the respect, to club, to his team mates, to the fans...

But you know what, I have very little tolerance for such disruptive behavior. Maybe it's the way I was brought up, I can't for certain say, but for me, NO talent in the world, save for Messi and the 95-97 version of Ronaldo, is worth all this aggravation. This is a critical point of the season, we have several big games coming up, Roma and Milan are literally up our ass, and we have to deal with this bullshit... ma vaffa!... enough :LOL:

You (and many others) like to attribute his behavior to his age and his hard up bringing, and I say :SICK: :LOL: Who ever can cause Javier Zanetti to lose his cool during a game has to be that much of a dick. All of us, the fans, Inter management, the players, have showered Balotelli with love and affection and we get his middle finger in return... Ma Basta!:LOL:

Mario is an incredibly immature player, a bit of a tit, but the real question is, will he ever get past it and mature? History has shown that for the most part, badly behaved players (regardless of sport) tend to remain badly behaved in the course of their careers. There maybe slight improvement, but then the player effectively becomes human nitroglycerin, ready to explode at the slightest provocation, and the coach, players, fans and management, will have to spend the entire time, tip toeing around, trying to appease. A club like Inter is simply to big to be held hostage by one teenager. We could simply sell him, and bring in Higuain for example, and we would be better for it. Who knows how good Balotelli could turn out to be. And again who knows, he may never mature (erm, Cassano anyone :LOL:).

Too much has happened in relatively short period of time, so for me, it's time to cut the chord (the more his immaturity becomes an 'issue' the less profitable he becomes as a sellable commodity). Perhaps he would be even better at another club who can afford to make him the star of their team. But then again, perhaps not.

i can't believe how inter fans can't realise what a damage jose is causing to inter with his childish attitude).
Huh? What damage? You mean making us the most hated club in Italy? I think we were already at that point well before Mou :LOL: I don't like picking sides, I just try and enjoy the show. But Balotelli is the one wearing me thin, not Mourinho.

But really, who are we to even critique; Mou has managed 2 big clubs with some of the biggest, highest paid, and most controversial stars in the game. No doubt he is childish and outspoken, but seems to me the man knows a darn side more about managing than any of us (from the comforts of our home) could ever hope to. And I've said many times, even the players are behind Mou, 100%, even fringe players like Materazzi and Cordoba.

But like I've said many times, its the media fueling the flames for headlines. Case in point:

545u.jpg

:APPLAUD:

And during Inter-Chelsea second leg, from Mediaset aka berlescouni TV:

30905.jpg

C_27_articolo_30905_GroupArticolo_immagineprincipale.jpg

and sure he'll be much more of a problem for inter, once he will leave, as he will became one of moratti's biggest regrets (just like pirlo, seedorf and ronaldo).
Don't forget Favalli :APPLAUD:. I think of the aforementioned, I only regret selling Pirlo, to a point, but only because he was played out of position (as a left winger :CONFUSE:). But then, had he remained, would we have Cambiasso today? Let Mario go to Milan, I only ask for Kaladze in exchange :DD

moving back to the campionato, man, the table gets more congested every week. with napoli's expected win over juve, palermo's unexpected draw with genoa (what a match, btw!) and sampdoria's loss at bari, now we have 4 teams in 3 points..... and 5 teams in 5 points (with genoa still in the chase).

4° - palermo 48
5° - sampdoria 47
6° - napoli 45
7° - juventus 45
8° - genoa 43

at least now we can say fiorentina is officially out of the race. after loosing at catania, they have 41 points now.
Furthermore:

Napoli: Catania, Lazio, Parma, Bari, Cagliari, Chievo, Atalanta, Samp

Palermo: Bologna, Catania, Chievo, Cagliari, Milan, Siena, Samp, Atalanta
With the bolded games the away matches, I think we can safely predict for Napoli 12-15 points. For Palermo: 15-16 points. And Palermo is currently 3 ponts over Napoli, so in conclusion, congrats on 4th place ;)

rfu said:
You (and many others) like to attribute his behavior to his age and his hard up bringing, and I say Who ever can cause Javier Zanetti to lose his cool during a game has to be that much of a dick. All of us, the fans, Inter management, the players, have showered Balotelli with love and affection...
that's just not true, mate. i can say i've never seen a club letting the coach push around a youngster like this. inter should protect mario and explain josè that his anger will cause inter to loose a future world class player... they should tell him he should solve his issues with the kid in private... and most of all they should forbid him to ravage him as he had something personal against the kid
NO talent in the world, save for Messi and the 95-97 version of Ronaldo, is worth all this aggravation
but seriously man, what's this "aggravation"? what has he done to deserve so much stick.....
does he arrive late to training sessions (like ronaldo usedto do on a regular basis)? no
does he have problems with alcohol or women (like adriano)? no.
does he spend his nights clubbing (like recoba or djorkaeff)? no
did he ever explicitly say to the fans "fuck u", like ibra did? no as a matter of fact this is the very first time he does something unprofessional, and anyhow his anger and reaction was aimed to mourinho, not to the fans or the club.

yet he got much more stick than all the aforementioned players (adriano, recoba, djorkaeff, ibra).

so what the hell is this aggravation? is it coz he doesn't track back? coz he doesn't celebrate when he or his teammates score? coz he gets fired up as soon as an opponent tries a tough tackle on him? come on!!! i won't consider this much of a problem... at least as long as he doesn't pick up a fight with a ref or an opponent (as more "mature" and "professional" inter players did in the past, like cordoba)

u say he's an immature player.... hell yeah! he's 19, for god's sake. he's supposed to be an immature person, like any other 19 years old guy on the planet!!!

u say he has a bad attitude... well i guess that's what happens when u got thrown away by your parents, as if u were a pair of old shoes.... that's what happens when u grow up in fear to loose what was given to u by your foster parents..... that's what happens when u gotta show to your schoolmates and friends u're not gonna let them pushing u around without a fight.

but then again, non of this matter. inter is not a gentlemen's club. is a football club. balotelli is on his way to become one of the very best forwards in the world.... and moratti is gonna loose him to indulge a coach that's not even gonna be at inter in a couple of years (that's the "damage" i was talking about).

and btw, don't compare him to cassano.... mario has never done the things cassano did in the past. mario is a sweet puppy compared to the person cassano was just a few years ago....
besides, by time, even cassano grew up and cleaned his act. just think at how he handled his problems with del neri this season..... the old cassano would have gone "chuck norris" over del neri and would have ran to fiorentina.
antonio instead didn't run away from his problems. he faced them, kept a low profile and worked hard... and now he's in the starting formation again.
if a real cunt as cassano grew up and changed, i really can't see why mario shouldn't

i'll tell you what, if u guys care that much about having a seconda punta who does track back, and don't mind loosing a gem like balotelli, what about a trade between mario and cavani?
sure cavani hasn't got mario's unbelievable skills, but he's as hardworker as it can get, and i'm sure he wouldn't mind becoming mourinho's bitch and undergoing his verbal abuses :P
palermo sure could use a player like mario..... although i guess we sould get in the line (with arsenal, milan, and god knows how many others top clubs waiting for moratti to sell him).

rfu said:
Napoli: Catania, Lazio, Parma, Bari, Cagliari, Chievo, Atalanta, Samp

Palermo: Bologna, Catania, Chievo, Cagliari, Milan, Siena, Samp, Atalanta
wow! so samp is gonna face both napoli and palermo in the last 2 matches..... that should be interesting! :))

Last edited:

With the bolded games the away matches, I think we can safely predict for Napoli 12-15 points. For Palermo: 15-16 points. And Palermo is currently 3 ponts over Napoli, so in conclusion, congrats on 4th place ;)
I must agree ;)

By the way, I'm seriously concerned about the defence we'll have at the next World Cup. Please Lippi, if you know *just a little* about football, DROP CANNAVARO IMMEDIATELY!!

Back
Top Bottom