Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Miros Krasic played a sensational game today, if anyone of you saw he was phenomenal with two assists and almost scored.

I watched Palermo - Bologna today because, well, other games didn't seem as good as this one.
I didn't know Palermo had Zidane (Pastore) and Shevchenko (Ilicic), now I do.
Ilicic is really the crack of the year, who the hell would have expected that from a young, unknown Slovenian player.

If not this year, in a couple of years Palermo will have a Champions League team, guaranteed.
They kinda remind me of the old Parma.

About Krasic, he's crazy fast. Mesbah will dream of him tonight and I fear it won't be pleasant.

Lol I remember some Juve fans didn't want Krasic! They were like, I don't know if he's good enough.... or a good buy, etc.

Probably best player so far.

Nice to see Alberto get a goal too.

rfu, it's pretty obvious at this point u just don't like pastore...
Who me? what gave you that idea :LOL: No, i don't dislike Pastore (hmm, maybe if he went to juve :))) I'm the same way with Mariga (the new patrick vieira apparently :CONFUSE:). I just don't understand the hype. I understand that the 50 million valuation is based on potential rather than currently ability, but 50 million and talks of a golden ball award :CONFUSE: Sneijder has done more in a season than most players could ever hope to in a lifetime and he's not even a shoo-in for the golden ball award nor is he worth 50 million (maybe 25-30 million).

as for palermo not playing welll, i'm sorry but i really don't know how on earth u come to such a crazy conclusion....
quite simply really, Palermo are getting results, yes. Palermo scoring more goals, yes... BUT you have not played entertaining football. You yourself said, you have four new players in your starting 11 so clearly time is needed to gel. What's more you're playing without a regista. Or maybe you're basing "playing well" on goals scored. In which case Inter were the most entertaining side to watch in serie a last season (ok, we both know that isn't true, we were dreadful to watch, painful, but we're european champions :SMUG:)

To be frank I haven't enjoyed serie a much this season. The derby d'italia was a snooze, Roma-Inter which is usually end-to-end was a bore, Genoa haven't been a joy to watch as was usually the case last 2 seasons, Udinese are a mess at the moment (missing D'Ago just a bit), Cagliari are no longer tough beat (Canini and Astori in defence... oh dear), Fiorentina are usually one of the better, more entertaining sides but this season they have been dreadful... I have enjoyed Napoli, Lecce, Cheivo, Sampdoria, and especially Cesena. Nagatomo has been the signing of the season so far for me, he came from nowhere on the cheap, no top flight experience, doesn't speak a word of the language, yet he's one the more consistent performers this season.

Miros Krasic played a sensational game today, if anyone of you saw he was phenomenal with two assists and almost scored.
Meh, give serie a defences a moment to adjust to his style of play and speed, they'll soon figure out how shut him down. Interestingly, according to him, he's only at 60% at the moment :CONFUSE:

Last edited:

I watched Palermo - Bologna today because, well, other games didn't seem as good as this one.
Napoli-Catania? Sampdoria-Fiorentina?

If not this year, in a couple of years Palermo will have a Champions League team, guaranteed.
They kinda remind me of the old Parma.
you mean Cannavaro-Thuram-Buffon-Veron-Almeyda-Crespo-Di Vaio Parma?

Napoli-Catania? Sampdoria-Fiorentina?
Sorry man, I meant the one I deemed more spectacular. And hell I was right.
you mean Cannavaro-Thuram-Buffon-Veron-Almeyda-Crespo-Di Vaio Parma?

Nope, I mean the Brolin-Asprilla-Zola-Sensini-Dino Baggio Parma, still in building but has the talent and the basis to become a world-class team.

Lazio on top again! I would love to see an underdog winning the league (I know it's impossible but who cares? Let me dream for once :D).

Once again Pastore and Palermo bambini deserve a :WORSHIP:

Zeem what I meant is if everything remains equal then at the end of his European career I do not doubt Messi would love to return to Newell's.

Many Argentine players are doing it. Saviola is rumoured to be interested in going back to River in exchange for Mori.

Almeyda came back,Ayala went not back to River surprisingly but Racing etc etc.

If the financial problems continue at Barca then yes perhaps but the transfer fee would be enormous. However I think the finance problem is a temporray one for Barca and they will get over it soon.

Regarding Pastore rFU and Palermo in general they are playing very exciting football.

Pastore espite his size is not that strong in physique(he's wiry a legacy of his basketballing days) but still has the ability to shield the ball and ride and skip challenges.

You are being very harsh but that runs against the grain of the entirety of European football watchers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...6/javier.pastore/index.html?section=si_latest

Cappa makes eminently sensible points. One of the worst things is that clubs do not get full recompense for bringing up a player and remain perennial 'beggars' while the money goes into the pockets of a few businessmen and agents ie Simonian.

Kids from South America should stay on I think until they reach 21 before making the move when they are better matured physically and mentally.

It's a similar situation to that in ice hockey where many European kids rush off to the Canadian junior leagues and never make it whereas those who spend some time in the KHL, Extraliga or Elitserien often have the sucessful careers in the NHL.

rfu said:
I just don't understand the hype. I understand that the 50 million valuation is based on potential rather than currently ability, but 50 million and talks of a golden ball award Sneijder has done more in a season than most players could ever hope to in a lifetime and he's not even a shoo-in for the golden ball award nor is he worth 50 million (maybe 25-30 million).
and who ever talked about ballon d'or :LOL: man, some foreign journalists are really nuts.
anyway mate, when u put it like this, i certainly understand your point.... there's a ridiculous hype around this kid....the thing is theese unnaturally talented kids (say, giovinco, cassano, messi, rivera, baggio) are always surrounded by this crazy hype. as u can understand from the names i mentioned, i'm not talking about "potential world class players" (that label would suit the players u mentioned before: ozil, kroos, marin)... i'm talking about kids who might potentially become all time legends. pastore falls into this category.

of course some of em don't live up to this hype, some for their own faults, some for circumstances which are out of their control (that's been the case with giovinco and cassano)... some others instead, despite the ridiculous hype and the huge pressure, manage to keep improving and delivering.... they prove that insane hype isn't actually that insane.... that has been the case with messi, baggio, rivera..... and so far this is the case with javier.
i mean this kid keeps playing to a "god-like" level week in week out. yesterday he had to deal with a very tight double marking for the entire match, and yet his markers managed to stop him and get the ball only once..... this is not potential... this is actual, current skill. he's been pretty much unmarkable, he's painted some crazy passing trajectories... and he keeps scoring more than any other trequartista in serie a. and he's been doing this for more than 1 year now (ever since he came in italy). so what i'm talking about is not his potential. i don't know what kind of player he will turn out to be in 2, 3 years.... maybe he will actually keep playing at this level and become an all time praised legend like zidane.... or maybe he won't keep this up and just become a great talented player, who knows.
i'm not amazed by what this guy could potentially do in 2 or 3 years... i don't even think of that, as i don't like to judge potential.... i'm amazed by what this kid is doing right now.

right now this kid would be a starter in every team in the world except barcelona.... and he's gonna be an unquestioned starter in argentina too. i agree with u, banega would give much more structure and would be a more logic choice for argentina's midfield.... but when u have the luck of having such an insanely talented kid, u don't care about balance. if necessary, u rebuild the entire team, trying to fit him in. and that's why this kid is so special, that's the reason of this crazy hype. u don't rebuild a team from scratch just to fit in ozil or giovinco or even cassano... u don't do it for diego and u won't even do it for snejder (who already is a world class player).... but u certainly do it for pastore.
rfu said:
quite simply really, Palermo are getting results, yes. Palermo scoring more goals, yes... BUT you have not played entertaining football. You yourself said, you have four new players in your starting 11 so clearly time is needed to gel. What's more you're playing without a regista. Or maybe you're basing "playing well" on goals scored. In which case Inter were the most entertaining side to watch in serie a last season (ok, we both know that isn't true, we were dreadful to watch, painful, but we're european champions )
no, i don't base my opinion on the ammount of goals scored.... but on the way those goals actually arrive. we score with every player. both our sidebacks are heavily involved in almost each offensive play, our "defensive midfielder" nocerino spends most of the time on the edge of the opponent's box and his passing accuracy could well be compared to a regista's one.
we don't just score a lot. we shape breathtking plays. and it's not just about the goals we score... it's also abut the chances we produce without scoring. yesterday we had 14 shots on goal.... and against a bologna team wich actually played some good football. u'll hardly see a player holding the ball for more than 3 touches... u'll hardly see a player standing on his position.
i haven't really seen a team playing more entertaining football so far this season.... and that also includes the likes of arsenal and barcelona.... like i said before, if u watched us playing yesterday and didn't find that absolutely an amazing show, then i really don't know what could possibly entertain u.
and the fact that we're managing to play such a nice and productive football without 3 of ours most important assets (miccoli, liverani and hernandez) makes our display even more impressive.
u say such a "new team" needs to gel, to find the right chemistry, the right balance, wich is definitely correct... i mean look at genoa.... it's gonna take some time to see them playing at their best, as there are just to many new players...... and the same should apply to palermo.
but for some reason it clearely doesn't.... rossi still has to find the right balance (we're still a bit to naive and shaky in defence) but the players are already playing like they knew each others for years..... there's a very simple way to test the harmony of a team, to understand if the players are on the same page. passing accuracy. palermo right now has some of the most free flowing football in europe (at least from what i've seen so far). u'll hardly see an intercepted pass, the players, all of em, are always well aware of their teammates position at any moment, our gameplan is based on a network of first\second touch passes and off the ball movement, and yet our accuracy is stunning... and this is a fact anyone can notice just watching us playing.
rfu said:
To be frank I haven't enjoyed serie a much this season. The derby d'italia was a snooze, Roma-Inter which is usually end-to-end was a bore, Genoa haven't been a joy to watch as was usually the case last 2 seasons, Udinese are a mess at the moment (missing D'Ago just a bit), Cagliari are no longer tough beat (Canini and Astori in defence... oh dear), Fiorentina are usually one of the better, more entertaining sides but this season they have been dreadful... I have enjoyed Napoli, Lecce, Cheivo, Sampdoria, and especially Cesena.
well top clubs are definitely not the main feature in serie a. and yeah fiorentina and udinese are having a hard time right now, but every season there's always an underperformer in serie a. last season lazio and udinese failed to deliver.... this season it's probably gonna be fiorentina and udinese (although i'm confdent fiorentina will get better).
napoli is playing brilliantly, samp is playing on the same highest standards of last season, palermo is doing great, chievo is playing really well, bari is playing some amazing football despite the departures of ranocchia and bonucci. brescia and cesena are very good to watch and have lots of talent. and i disagree with u about cagliari.... maybe yesterday against inter they didn't deliver, but they're still playing that quality football they've been playing in the last few years (and don't knock astori, i'm really impressed by this kid). cagliari gave palermo a very hard time and completely tore apart roma... i know roma is having a bad period right now, but man, we're talking about a 5-1 result!!!
i really enjoyed this season so far.
rfu said:
Nagatomo has been the signing of the season so far for me, he came from nowhere on the cheap, no top flight experience, doesn't speak a word of the language, yet he's one the more consistent performers this season.
nagatomo.... really :ROLL: i hate to talk like the usual biased fan, but come on... ilicic too came from nowhere... actually he was even more "unknown" than nagatomo, as nagatomo was also followed by arsenal, while palermo was the only club who showed interest on ilicic.
ilicic was very cheap... infact he was even cheaper than nagatomo (2.6 millions for nagatomo... 2.4 millions for ilicic).
ilicic too has not top flight experience and doesn't speak a word of the language.

ilicic played 4 matches as a starter so far, and he's scored in each of those matches.... and it's not like he faced small time opponents... he scored against inter in his first match, against juve (in torino) in his second match, against fiorentina (in firenze) in his third match, and now against bologna... and all of his goals (except the inter one) were absolutely stunning.....
not to mention all the woodwork he hit, or the dribblings, or the rabonas....... have u ever seen such a tall guy (1.90 cm) with such a technique and touch?? have u ever seen a guy tall 1.90 cm performing rabonas and first touch backheel passes??? yeah there's ibra and berbatov.... and then... who else?
and u're trying to tell me nagatomo impressed u more than ilicic.... oh get out of here u killjoy :P

just be honest with me mate, u're a catania fan in disguise, aren't u? :D
i mean u said u should be worried about palermo's performances... u really think i should be worried about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKFHhT-nAU
... coz honestly, i am a lot of things (thrilled, happy, amazed).... but sure "worried" isn't one of em :P

Last edited:

Great goals from Palermo.
Please keep us posted on Palermo, Ben...you know it's my favourite team in Italy...

speaking of ilicic, for those who don't or can't watch palermo on a regular basis, this is what the kid has been doing in the last 2 months (with maribor and palermo)
those are not "seasonal" highlights videos... that's just what happened in the last 2 months.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Tu1TdGNjE&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMn9LUGcMI&feature=related
and there's so much more u won't see in theese videos, like the rabonas and those INSANE one twos first touch connections with balzaretti pastore and pinilla he did in the last 2 matches.
:SMUG:

Last edited:

You are being very harsh but that runs against the grain of the entirety of European football watchers.
Not at all, I agree he's a special talent and technically he's on another level, what i said was a) he's not worth 50 million b) he shouldn't be considered for the golden ball c) his passing and overall decision making need work. That was all :))

u don't rebuild a team from scratch just to fit in ozil or giovinco or even cassano... u don't do it for diego and u won't even do it for snejder (who already is a world class player).... but u certainly do it for pastore.
Man, I wouldn't be bold enough to say that about any player let alone Pastore. A player at 20-21 needs to be nurtured and protected. Not to be the center of attention where you even go as far as to build a team to fit his strengths. It's a humongous risk many are not able (or even willing to take).

I want to see more of Pastore, in serie a, in europe, with the national team. Then I will decide if the hype is real. If you look at players like Messi, Fabregas, Oba Martins, Balotelli and Santon who have been performing in europe even at eighteen, but still it was important for them to be protected, kept under wraps, not be the centers of attention. So me, I'm waiting, I don't care about the goals and the assists, I want to see continuity. Pastore looks to be well on his way. But I'm betting if he were at Inter his confidence would already be shattered thanks to the many idiot inter fans who are already complaining because Coutinho hasn't scored a hattrick yet :LOL:

we don't just score a lot. we shape breathtking plays. and it's not just about the goals we score... it's also abut the chances we produce without scoring. yesterday we had 14 shots on goal.... and against a bologna team wich actually played some good football.
Didn't see that game. I was referring to the matches vs Inter and Jugay and Napoli. You were much more solid last season, were building better from deep and Miccoli was providing crazy magic in the opposition half and was just a nightmare for the defence. Just saying, Palermo of last two seasons was more entertaining to watch, home or away. Especially when you got going.

and i disagree with u about cagliari.... maybe yesterday against inter they didn't deliver, but they're still playing that quality football they've been playing in the last few years (and don't knock astori, i'm really impressed by this kid
Haha Astori nah he's doing well, managed well vs Eto'o particularly in the 2nd half, did a darn side better than Bonucci did. But his partnership with Canini needs some work IMO. I've been impressed with that Belgian kid who has been filling in for Conti. Didn't have a good game yesterday but he's well on his way. Reminds me on Inler actually.

nagatomo.... really :ROLL: i hate to talk about the usual biased fan, but come on... ilicic too came from nowhere...
Aaaahh Illic. I've been so mesmerized by Pastore I forgot Illic even existed :P Seriously though, I've been very impressed with him, he a headache for us because we couldn't figure out where he was playing, just popping out of nowhere. I like that he's fearless, he wasn't phased or star struck, just wanted to score. Anyway, there's too much Palermo/Pastore going on in this thread. Nothing has been discussed abotu Cesena yet. Nothing about Antonioli impressing at 41, Colucci as a converted holding midfielder after many years on the wing, nothing about Giaccherini or Ceccarelli even. If you're impressed about Illic's technique you should check out Thereux of Chievo. He's an interesting player, I'm curious to see how he progresses in serie a. Also Constant on the left side, pacy and nifty on the ball. He's a former french U21 so the talent is there. Kone of Brescia is also looking good in the hole. So I'm not a killjoy at all, in fact I like Palermo, i can always count of them to thump Juve when we can't :P

In other news, Sneiper has signed a new deal to keep him around until 2015 (yipee!!) and Romario is a politician :CONFUSE:

Why does eto always seem to pull these racist chants on him.
i was just about to bring that up. what the fuck was that! cagliari ultras making racist booes? u might expect such blind stupidity from verona\chievo fans.... but cagliari??? very disappointing. and honestly i don't give a f*** if they do it just to distract him.... if your aim is to distract a world class player of the oppposite team, then u can whistle him every time he gets the ball. really a disgusting (and absolutely unexpected) display from cagliari ultras. i'm just glad samuel shut them up by scoring.
i still remember when he celebrated a goal with that "monkey impression" in spain.... right in front of those spanish fans who had been throwing peanuts to him for the entire match! :APPLAUD: that was during his years in maiorca, right? i guess i became a fan of samuel that day
rfu said:
I want to see more of Pastore, in serie a, in europe, with the national team. Then I will decide if the hype is real. If you look at players like Messi, Fabregas, Oba Martins, Balotelli and Santon who have been performing in europe even at eighteen, but still it was important for them to be protected, kept under wraps, not be the centers of attention. So me, I'm waiting, I don't care about the goals and the assists, I want to see continuity. Pastore looks to be well on his way. But I'm betting if he were at Inter his confidence would already be shattered thanks to the many idiot inter fans who are already complaining because Coutinho hasn't scored a hattrick yet
yeah, i agree with u. but u see, when u say "i want to see continuity" u make me realise u're still thinking about his future, about his potential.... don't do it, mate. i've learned my lesson. the only wise thing to do is to talk about a player's past and present... don't consider what kind of football player he could or could not become. that's pointless.... and like u said, it's also dangerous for the player as it puts too much pressure on him.
u see everything i wrote is referred to what javier is doing right now. right now he is a terrific factor and performs with an outstanding consistancy. and that's already happened for more than 1 year now (ever since he came in italy). that's all i'm talking about. yeah sometimes i might say that a kid has a lot of potential or that he could become a good player... but that's it. i never go further than this, thinking about the possible development of a player.
rfu said:
Didn't see that game. I was referring to the matches vs Inter and Jugay and Napoli. You were much more solid last season, were building better from deep and Miccoli was providing crazy magic in the opposition half and was just a nightmare for the defence. Just saying, Palermo of last two seasons was more entertaining to watch, home or away. Especially when you got going.
napoli? we didn't play against napoli yet. however mate, that actually explains a lot of your concerns about palermo.
well those games were very early in the season. the inter game was the 3rd official match of the season, so, as u can imagine, having to deal with so many new players, we were still a work in progress... infact the inter game was the very fist match of the season for some palermo players (and ilicic's first match as a starter).
beside don't forget what playing in europa league means for a squad like palermo. i mean just look at our schedule for that week
16 september---- sparta praha - palermo.
19 septemper---- palermo - inter
23 september---- juventus - palermo
in 1 week we had to play 2 away matches and a home match against inter..... u will easily understand why we didn't perform to our usual standards that week. infact i was amazed by the fact that, despite the fatigue, we still managed to beat juve in torino (just 3 days after playing against inter).

it's always gonna be like that this season. i mean we're getting better each and every week, but whenever there's an european matches week..... we're gonna have disappointing performances in both the europa league match and the following serie a match (that's what happened also in the matches against brescia and lecce).

and also consider we're still waiting for miccoli and liverani... actually i believe in a few weeks the situation is gonna get tricky for rossi..... too many good options....
if bacinovic keeps playing like this, it might be tough for liverani to win his starting spot back.
and how can u keep pinilla and ilicic out to fit in miccoli and hernandez..... this is gonna be a very complicated situation. and we gotta hope we'll keep going on in europa league... as if we get out of europa league at the round stage (wich might well happen), then there will be even less matches to play and less chances to rotate all theese players.
i can't believe i'm saying this... but we have too many good players :P goes to show how depth can become a problem sometimes.

as for your other point ("we looked more solid last season"), i don't think that's gonna change much. we have a more offensive oriented shape than last season. cassani and balzaretti act pretty much like wingbacks now, and there's no kjaer protecting the box.
bovo is doing great (i mean really great!), but that munoz kid is no kjaer. munoz is very.... very talented... and he might actually become a great cb, but he still has a lot to learn. sometimes he's just too "elegant"... sometimes he gets caught off position...... very often we've be hit on the break by our opponents, with quick counters wich left bovo and munoz pretty much the only ones protecting the box.... and when u rely on just 2 players to "defy the break at midfield".... well both of them have to be absolutely outstanding. bovo and kjaer are.... munoz isn't (yet).
so i believe we're probabòy improve a bit on that department... but not that much... we will still be a more offensive, (fancy and naive) team than last year. we're gonna score more goals and also concede more goals than last season.

rfu said:
Anyway, there's too much Palermo/Pastore going on in this thread. Nothing has been discussed abotu Cesena yet.
indeed you're right. enough talking about palermo. what small newcoming teams impressed u the most guys? i haven't seen a cesena full match yet, but i heard many people saying good things about them (Sina too wrote a very interesting post about them weeks ago).
i've watched brescia and i'm VERY impressed by them. some real nice football they play! and that eder kid... wow!

also i have another question. it's week 7 now. still way too early to express any sort of judgements about the new to club coaches (del neri, benitez and allegri).... but it might be already enough to have a "first impression".... so milanisti, interisti and juventini, how do u feel about your new coaching guides? wich major changes have u noticed ?(if they have already changed anything at all). what are your feelings after theese first 2 months of the season?:))

Last edited:

So. Real Madrid (A), Napoli (A), Juventus (H), Real Madrid (H), Bari (A), Palermo (H).

Let's see how this Milan handle's tight and tough matches consecutively. Back in the day, Ancelotti's Milan won something when we managed to scrape through these kinds of matches. I remember the CL in 2003 when we played something like 4 matches in 10 days, including 2 derbies.

Jugay? :LOL: Jesus christ, that's something a 5 year old would say. Worse than Liverpoo or Manure. I do worry about you sometimes, rfU. ;)

I think Eto'o "attracts" this kind of abuse because he's very outspoken against racism...some people can't stand assertive/outspoken/ self conscious black people.

I admire Eto'o for his reaction. I told the story to my son (Eto'o is his big idol) and he was very happy with it...

Atmosphere in the Seria A is molto triste.
This round:
Brescia vs Udinese, very empty stadium and fascistas saluting in black hoodies.
Cagliari vs Inter Mailand, racist song about Eto'o

Seeing that is hard to believe that Italy is THE most anti-fascistic country in Europe (as far as I remember Ben said that).

Last edited:

Atmosphere in the Seria A is molto triste.
This round:
Brescia vs Udinese, very empty stadium and fascistas saluting in black hoodies.
Cagliari vs Inter Mailand, racist song about Eto'o

Seeing that is hard to believe that Italy is THE most anti-fascistic country in Europe (as far as I remember Ben said that).

My friend, it is tempting to form an image about a country that is based on the behaviour of a few idiots or the media, or even results of elections. "The truth" is always complex whereas media tend to give simplistic explanations.

An example entirely unrelated. My country (Belgium) is at the moment in a political crisis. Foreign people think that most people in Flanders want a secession from Belgium. It seems probable that sooner or later there will be some sort of secession, but i'm very sure that most people don't want it...are even opposed to it...

Never believe the media. If Ben says that Italy is the most anti-fascist country, i tend to believe him.

yeah i know that. there's a big fascist component in many ultras groups. but u see ultras account for about a very small percentage of italian stadia population... the thing is they're very loud and attract most of the attention.

however the most reliable way to truly appreciate a country's most influential political ideas is to look at the electoral results.
the italian extreme right party (Forza Nuova) is the weakest in europe. it's best result over the last 10 years is a lousy 0,6%. and their average result was 0.3% (i say "was" because now the party is pretty much dead and we have no real extreme right parties at all in italy).

when u think that the italians extreme left parties (socialists and comunist parties) usually get from 4 to 6%, the result is pretty clear.

and that was until a few years ago. today the italian extreme right political party is pretty much dead. it had not enough votes to even get a single seat in the parliament, so it was included into a bigger moderate right party (gianfranco fini's party, wich is well known across europe for being "the less rightish" and most antifascist right party in europe)

and btw our extreme right parties aren't fascist parties. they're a much more "toned down" version of other countries extreme right parties... and that's because our constitution specifically labels fascism as a crime. as a matter of fact creating a fascist organization or political party would be impossible in italy.

in italy labelling someone as a "fascista" is a very serious insult. even an extreme right politician would be insulted by such a label.
i know watching italian stadia will give u a completely different image of italy.... we have a few hundreds italian ultras to thank for that. :(

Btw, are trainers allowed to smoke on the bench again? I saw how Catania's allenatore was smoking a cigar against Napoli.

Edit: Thank you Ben

Last edited:

Re. the Eto'o racism, there's an excerpt from Paulo Bandini's article at the Guardian which I found interesting:

Samuel Eto'o, the primary target, has long been unpopular in Sardinia. In 2002 he fathered a daughter, Annie, by a Sardinian woman but refused to accept the child was his until a court proved his paternity with a DNA test two years later. But however people choose to view those events, they cannot be used to justify racism. In any case, abuse was also directed at Maicon and Jonathan Biabiany, and last year Mario Balotelli and Juventus' Mohamed Sissoko were both targeted at the Stadio Sant'Elia.
Which is why I was wondering why you were so surprised Cagliari ultras would do such a thing, Ben.

But wasn't Suazo a fan favourite at the Rossublu in the past?

Last edited:

What about Lega Nord Ben? They're still around and some people in my school were supporters.

I thought they just want to split Italy, and pretty much make their own little state north of the River Po. From what I remember they want Italy to be federated (like say Russia) and so the local goverments (of Piedmont, Veneto/Venice, Lombardy etc) would have 90% control over budget and tax revenue.

Essentially all the taxes from Milan would be spent in Lombardy, and there would be no investment in the central / south. It seems like a bizzare idea to me but never the less there is some popularity for it amongst the voters in Veneto.

I don't think Lega Nord is extreme right wing, they are more right-of-center.

Back
Top Bottom