Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Forget the talent, but the progress... its just wow! can't think of a player who has done so well to adjust, coming from such a low-level league and so quick :SHOCK: astounding talent but needs to be nurtured in the right way. He should be coming off the bench, not starting games.

Pato and Kaka ;) A goal on his debut, against Napoli. Kaka got an assist in his debut, against Ancona.

Huh, Cavani back to his worst? He's got 6 goals in 8 games in the league so far.

Pato and Kaka ;) A goal on his debut, against Napoli. Kaka got an assist in his debut, against Ancona.

I mean that Cou has a much greater leap a) he just turned 18 b) come from Brazil's serie B c) and is physically weaker and slower (he has a quick burst but that's it frankly) than the aforementioned. I knew he was talented but I didn't expect him to make any sort of impact in the black and blue, against any level of opposition.

:LOL: at Lavezzi's goal.

By the way, what are the rules in serie a regarding an injured player during play, isn't it play to the whistle?

Huh, Cavani back to his worst? He's got 6 goals in 8 games in the league so far.

I mean tonite. Very wasteful and just not making the right plays.

How much did Napoli pay for him? He's never been very clinical whenever I've seen him play, although his hard-working nature sort of makes up for it.

Lavezzi also dropped the number 7 for him.

2 assists by Oddo btw and did you see Ibra trying to pick a fight from the bench? :LOL: Idiot.

I kind of like Cavani, he was not that bad with Palermo and he played an excellent WC (which does not prove much, i have to admit).

I agree with what Dominic says, most voters for "our" racist/fascist party are not racist or fascist either...i'm pretty sure of that. There must be a difference in culture between Italy and the low lands.

I thought Sokratis and Bonera had very solid games. Sokratis seems confident and seems like he can develop into a very good center back. I thought Boateng's presence in the midfield completely changes the way we played compared to Seedorf. Boateng runs a lot and covers any lost ground - so we always have an extra man to back Gattuso up. Seedorf has great touches, but he's so lazy and never moves. Same with Ronaldinho (although lately he's been running back a lot). I think Robinho needs to run at players more - he seems to be unstoppable when he's running at players rather than going slow.

By the way, I am really blown away by Gattuso this season. A year ago we all thought he was over and nervous all the time - these last few games he's been running with confidence and pressing players like he did 5 years ago.

Also think Abbiati has been great in the last few games. My main fault last night was with Pato - selfish when he didn't need to be.

Last edited:

I agree with what Dominic says, most voters for "our" racist/fascist party are not racist or fascist either...i'm pretty sure of that. There must be a difference in culture between Italy and the low lands.
well if both u and dominic think that, then it's certainly true. like i said, that was just an assumption of mine. i just couldn't bring myself to believe that a non racist could be so unbelievably stupid to vote for thoose kinda fools. i guess there's a lot i still don't understand about human nature :P
..but then again, if what u say is correct (and i have no reason to say it's not), then that actually backs up my point even more.

follow me for a sec. let's assume that just a very small percentage of le pen's voters or Pvv's voters are actually intolerant, racist people.... let's say a 10%. i think u'll agree with me 10% is a very small percentage... that would mean that only 1 Pvv voter out of 10 is an actual racist.
well the 10% of the pvv's 17% electoral result... is 1.7%.... that would still be almost 10 times higher than what forza nuova (italian extreme right party) got in the last elections they partecipated (like i said, last time they got a 0.2%).
and the 10% of le pen's voters (8%) would still be 4 times higher than the italian 100% (wich, like i said is 0.2).
-----------------------------------------------------------------

as for yesterday's match... i'm even more disappointed than i was after inter-samp..... that's not the napoli i know. i hope that's coz of the fact they lined up the same starting 11 wich played against liverpool a few days ago..... but then again even that would be a lame excuse as napoli certainly didn't really gave their best (at all) against liverpool.
besides tiredness could explain a poor performance from the athletic point of view..... wich was not the case. napoli played well, from an athletic point ov view..... it was their football... so dull, so colourless, so flat.

credit to milan. they played a good match and deserved to win.... and the san paolo stadium is not an easy place to get 3 points from..... but i expected so much more from napoli..... exactly as i expected so much more from samp (u're right rfu, samp could do so much better than that)....
oh well, i just hope it's all coz of the europa league matches..... altough i'm not sure that's the case.

as for cavani, yeah, he's been kinda wasteful yesterday.... but not that much.... i mean it's not like he missed some sitters (like he used to in palermo)... he missed a few chances, but none of em were really easy chances. besides, we can't really expect him to score every week, especially since his team wasn't really playing well yesterday.
abou said:
How much did Napoli pay for him? He's never been very clinical whenever I've seen him play, although his hard-working nature sort of makes up for it.
exactly. now at napoli he's not being asked to press the ball carrier as much as he had to in palermo; therefore he's much more fresh and cool when he's in front of the opposite gk.
i think he's done a very good job in palermo. yeah he didn't score as much as he is right now.... but scoring was not his main assignement when he was a rosanero (in palermo goals come from pretty much everyone... from the cbs, from the sidebacks, from the midfielders, so we didn't really need him to score).

as for his pricetag, it's 16 millions, spread over a 4 years payment plan. it's a lot of money, sure.... probably even more than he's actually worth.... but let's not forget that cavani is still 23. he's been constantly improving in the last 3 years, and there's no reason to believe he's not gonna keep improving.

there's just one thing i don't understand... how the hell lavezzi managed to score that goal :SHOCK: it was crazy... i just can't figure out the dynamic of the whole action :LOL:

I think it was quite hard for Napoli to get into the game - our first half passing and ball possession was hard to break down. I only considered Lavezzi to be the real threat - I love these kinds of players, like Zarate, Cassano and Giovinco - incredible acceleration and flair.

Sokratis will be better as a held back RB for me. He is fast but made some horrible errors. Maybe he needs more confidence.

How about Milito being dropped from the Ballon D'or? Seriously, how are Gyan, Ozil, and Klose ahead of him?

It's all about the World Cup basically. If you do bad there, no Ballon d'Or.

I agree with that and it's a shame. Because the level of club football is far higher than national team football.
As much as Spain deserved to win the WC, a WC is only about 7 games. I rate what Inter did last season much higher.

To me candidates for the Ballon d'or are:

Milito
Sneijder
Muller
Messi
Iniesta (who will win)
Xavi
Lucio (although i don't like him)
Robben.

Oh and one other thing: the Ballon d'Or is a rather useless price: and individual prize for a team sport.

It's a piss take, nothing less than that. the FIFA Ballon d'Or is basically a "combination of the FIFA World Player of the Year award and the France Football Ballon d’Or", therefore it should be equally weighted between WC performances and club football, Mourinho for example has been shortlisted for FIFA World Coach of the Year yet we know he doesn't coach any national team. I mean what the hell did Gyan and Klose do all season long? What did Dani Alves do in the WC? And how typically, only one CB (Puyol)... pathetic.

I think the award has lost a lot of credibility since merging with FIFA. I think Milito deserves to at least be in the top 10 - the man is a pure finisher.

Yeah Milito should definitely be in, I imagine if Sneijder had have had a poor World Cup he'd be missing too.

Friends can anybody tell me something about Novara. I never heard of that team and saw that they were leading in Serie B (well at least until the weekend).
Is this a team that was promoted recently?
If this team would gain promotion to Serie A, that would be the first time that a team i'd never heard of would be in the top flight.

I think they were last in Serie A 50-60 years ago. But this is their 1st season in Serie B for many years.

I think it's quite a rich club, it's from a very rich area - pretty much a suburb of Milan (less than 40km from central Milan, like Croydon / London) and not too far from Turin, it's on the road between the two cities.

I think Novara was a very good team in Hockey winning several titles but didn't notice they had a football club.

They played against Milan last year in Coppa Italia and lost 2-1. They played good as I recall.

been lurking all this time, i wanted to ask any italian based poster here to tell me more about cassano's fallout with garrone. is it even true?

there are lots of rumours about this story right now, but still nothing sure. some say cassano insulted garrone... some say there might be a transfer to juve behind this...
it seems cassano and samp agreed to rescind the contract.... or at least that's what i heard... but i haven't watched tv today, so i'm not even sure of that :P
i'll give some more reliable infos, as soon as i hear something (and visit the forum).... unless someone else beats me to it....
stef, do u know anything about this??? :))

Very good game between Milan - Juve tonight. Milan had a very good start as we were all over the place and slipping in the centre of the pitch. After we found the net which may I add was a top class header and cross we definitely picked it up in the midfield. I just want to highlight what an amazing performance from Claudio Marchisio tonight, I've had belief in this kid since he began to play for Deschamps he's now proving to become a very mature and versatile midfielder. Anyways an overall great performance from the whole team.

Melo was my man of the match definately. Unbelievable we managed to take 3 points at San Siro without Chiellini and Krasic and Pepe as a fullback, impressive! ;)

348lkbs.jpg

yeah, very impressive display by juve... it's still very early to judge del neri's job... but i gotta say i like what i'm seeing :)) u can already see quite a lot of del neri's football in this juve... honestly i didn't expect the team to absorb del neri's directives so quickly.
hard to pick a man of the match, as quaglia and marchisio were very good too, but yeah, probably melo deserves it more.

a self-indulgent-note: like i said a few months back, del neri's football suits perfectly melo's features.

btw guys, a few weeks ago i wrote this....
also i have another question. it's week 7 now. still way too early to express any sort of judgements about the new to club coaches (del neri, benitez and allegri).... but it might be already enough to have a "first impression".... so milanisti, interisti and juventini, how do u feel about your new coaching guides? wich major changes have u noticed ?(if they have already changed anything at all). what are your feelings after theese first 2 months of the season?
i got stefano's reply, but no one else wrote anything.... so i'll ask again... milanisti, interisti and juventini out there... how do u feel about your new coaches' job so far?

Last edited:

As a Juve fan, i must say i like how we are playing atm, yet i don't like some characteristics.

1) Sometimes they abuse long passes which are a waste. Don't get the point of them and would rather have them making possession in the defence and waiting for some1 to come pick up the ball then rather aim it for the srikers and hope for the best;

2) Aquilani isn't being the playmaker i expected. Im still giving the benefit of the doubt, yet he should be more active in picking the ball and pass it around like Xavi or Cesc do in their teams.

3) Marquisio is always being played out of place, kinda reminds me of João Moutinho in Sporting. God, he is such a solid midfielder, why waste him in one side? Just because they could get a left winger? Come on... Get Giovinco and have Martinez as a Sub (bt hope he is ok, i saw his sock when he was leaving the field and was bloody, hope its nothing bad);

4) Team still needs some stability and objectivity. They still crack a bit when facing some strategies and that shouldn't happen.

This is just the top things that come up to my head after watching todays game, there must be more but i just can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom