Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

I hope Rossi will find a good club pretty soon...looks like a class act indeed.
Who is Palermo's new coach?

And Ben,

Palermo has at least one fan in Belgium...me. This is a club i've known by playing a video game, but every sunday evening i go to the internet in search of Palermo's result...it's insane and not very rational...

They hired Serse Cosmi. I really like him, but I'm not sure he's the right man to handle a team that has some very good players in terms of tactical and technical abilities. I've always seen Cosmi as a manager that's lacked tactical depth.

I really like Cosmi (I am even fan of his fanpage on Facebook :D) and hope he can handle the situation and pressure in Palermo.

Cosmi is a scary guy.

And I think he's better suited to sides like Perugia and Livorno who are fighting relegation.

This is a big opportunity for him! Not one I'm sure he's earned or deserves. But let's see how he does.

his contract with roma expires this summer doesn't it? mexes for free sounds like good business. it could be a chance fo meexes to revamp his carreer.
btw i was disappointed in the milan napoli game.... i expected napoli to lose but not to play so badly. they were simply awful. and milan didn't look good either. robinho clearely can't do what cassano does. i also noticed a lot of selfishness in milan offensive players. in many occasions there were teammates in a better position but pato and robinho didn't even see them (although pato had a pretty good game overall).
i don't like to say that as i can't stand that idiot, but cassano has a huge impact on this team, and u can clearely notice it when he's not playing.
anyway stef, did u see how milan completely changed as soon as boateng came in? that's what i was talking about a few weeks ago. from a tactical point of view, he's just as important as cassano in this team.

about cosmi, he's a good guy and i kinda like him as a person (although i can easily understand how a foreigner can find him scary :DD ) but as a coach, he's hardly serie a material... and i'm not even gonna dare comparing him with rossi as that would be a blasphemy.

zamparini yesterday was fuming because nobody (not palermo fans, neither the media) cared about cosmi's presentation press conference.... yesterday all the attention was for rossi's goodbye press conference :P here's a little excerpt from the press conference and the following interview, for the italian speakers who might be interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSqnSdrNiC4

yesterday the website "tifosi rosanero", wich, so i'm told, was until yesterday one of the biggest online communities of palermo fans (i don't visit any football site\forums other than this one, so i didn't know much about it), closed for good in protest against zamparini's decision fo fire rossi http://www.tifosirosanero.it/

Last edited:

This is all so great to see!!

Who knows... maybe one day... in the future.. like 2 years down the line when Zamparini is hopefully no longer the president, Delio Rossi will come back and once again be the coach of Palermo. I can see that...

From a Milan Blog :LOL: :

9gCX

Well, stay there.

Dear Silvo, Adriano, and dear Barbara (Berlusconi's daughter). Please, let's not be stupid. Not even for free.

I wouldn't mind Kaka but that is not my mind talking. I still buy him in every manager I start. :D Ancelotti might bid for him and they way Chelsea are playing, he could be used greatly in Malouda/Anelka's role but he is more than welcome for me in AC.

As for fullbacks, a lot of media ideas going around. Italian papers say we signed Mexes, L'Equipe' say Sakho is 95% a Milan player, and then the crazy rumour that Ramos has fallen out with Madrid and we have a 20 mill deal in place. :LOL: Strange thing is that Maldini commented on Ramos a week ago saying he couldn't develop into a better player the way Madrid is being run. Besides, I think it is safe to say we can rely on Abate next season. Astonishing improvement this season and was able to do a great job even in Europe.

Anyway, looking forward to Juve-Milan tonight. A win would be great before the Tottenham game.

Last edited:

Nice victory for you guys today.

Neither team were great but Milan definitely were the better side. Did Abbiati even make a save ? Can't remember....

Gattuso scores with scuffed left-footed shot and you have to blame Buffon for that because he really should've and would've saved that 9/10 times. Not the greatest shot... but they all count and it's good to see him get a goal and celebrate after last couple weeks to put the bad behind him and help his team in this big way! :)

In regards to Sakho, Milan are very interested just like they were before he even joined Lyon from Porto, he failed the medical though didn't he? That's when Lyon snapped him up. I don't think they'd sell him though unless it's crazy money! Why would they? And he's only been there for short-time and doing the business for them. They're happy with him and I think he's very happy there too.

I think someone like Criscito is more realistic and might just be better since there will be no adaptation either. I fear Cissokho could get off to a bad start while he gets integrated into Italian team and culture, football and by then fans could be on his back, I think Domenico would be a great buy. If I were Allegri, he'd be on top of my wishlist and #1 priority in the summer.

p.s. Nesta cut his hair! :D Lol Don't think I've EVER seen him with short hair! Guy still r0cks! Him and Thiago Silva are MONSTERS! One of the best CB pairings in the world for sure when both fit.

Oh shit you're right! :P
Thanks for correction bro.

Sakho is going to Milan? Damn! I heard a lot of rumours about Cissokho but this is new to me!

Guy is great tho! I'm a fan! But PSG would wanna keep him for at least another season, he's still very young and already so influential for them. Especially if they can get CL footy for next season, I think they'll probably get to keep him. But that's a big IF.

Galliani: "I am very happy for the second youth of Jankulovski." :LOL:

I am happy for Jankulovski. Everyone is saying how commited he was in training for a year when being dropped and now he earned his place for the CL game.

This is the second game where Milan didn't take a shot on goal. How impressive is that? And Boateng could be out for a while. I can't believe he continued the half after that challenge with Melo.

@PLF According to Gazzetta, Criscito will sign an 18 mill deal with Zenit in the next few days.

I think Sakho will move. It has been like 2 years since clubs have been linked with and he said it in interviews, but CL might chance this. Arsene wants him. He would fit perfectly. He is french,young,and has one of those goofy hairstlyes. :D

Last edited:

man, that was one of the worst games i've watched this season. another uninspired performance by milan (but 3 most important points) and another terrible display by juve. i hope juve board won't fire del neri (that would be absolutely stupid, although del neri certainly has some responsibilities over this juve debacle), but sure it doesn't look good for him.

i'm starting to understand your concerns about milan stef. before the spurs game i hadn't watched milan in a while, so i was kinda surprised by your worries, but sure the milan team i've seen in the last weeks is not the same team i remember watching earlier this season.

as for thiago silva, when an all time legend like nesta refers to u as "a fucking monster" (nesta's words after the match), than it means u must be something very special indeed.

latest news on the zamparini situation. this week zamparini wrote an open letter to the fans expressing his serious concerns over the irritation, the disappointment and the lack of faith in him showed by palermo fans in the last few weeks.
just to give u an idea of how serious this is, a few weeks ago zamparini dismissed the fans letter to zamparini (u remember that letter i posted in here a few weeeks ago) with the following statement "it's just a bunch of fools, they don't represent the majority of the fans" .
well now the heat on zamparini is so heavy he felt the urge to write an open letter to the fans trying to defend and explain his decisions.

the letter is obviously full of bullshits, but that doesn't matter. what's important is the sudden change of approach by zamparini, wich shows that he realised he completely lost his fans.
there was a poll on il giornale di sicilia (most important sicilian newspaper) the other day showing that the 78% of palermo fans are against zamparini right now.

GOOD!! 78% need that bastard out!

As for match, I agree, boring and uneventful for most part. Krasic's runs were one of the few good things to watch.

And yeah I'm increasingly becoming a fan of Thiago Silva.

This guy and David Luiz at the heart of defense for the Brazilians for years to come! Two Monsters!! Brazil will have best defense in world which is something they've barely ever had lol.

lo zio, i also don't like the idea of DelNeri moving but this juve is pathetic atm. Too rigid, no creativity, ancient style, players out of position, and the list goes on and on.. This is really the bottom for juve. If last year was bad this one if proving to be even worse. Im really disappointed with juve and DelNeri, hope he stops with this nonsense and at least gets us a CL spot, because i think that even if he gets the CL spot, he won't be here next season. If he doesn't even achieve the minimum, then its ciao DelNeri for good.

yup. it's very unlikely to see del neri coaching juve next season.
he sure made some tactical mistakes over the last 2 months..... but firing him and looking for another coach wouldn't change anything.

like stef said a few days ago, even rossi (or ancelotti or guardiola) would fail to deliver in juve right now.... and i can also add that even the likes of messi, cristiano ronaldo and xavi would underperform in juve right now....
there's just too much pressure on the whole juve organization. and it's not just about the fans either... tuttosport became juventus' worst enemy. that newspaper is like a cancer to juve.

over the last 2 months zamparini showed us how some external pressure can destroy a dressing room. juventus player have to deal with that kind of pressure on a daily basis ever since they came back in serie a!

i've never seen del neri making suich mistakes as the ones he did in the last few weeks... and how about matri. when he joined juve he was fired up, fresh, motivated... and he was scoring for fun...... and now, after just a few weeks, he looks like the fate of the entire world relies on his next shot on goal (just like the rest of the team).... no player in the world could perform under such stress...... and no coach could get it right with so much heat on his team.

they've gone through 4 revolutions over the last 2 seasons.... 4 coaches, 4 heavy team restylings..... how many more revolutions do they have to go through before they realise the issue is not the coach or the players... it's the juve ennvironment what's bringing juve down.

Last edited:

Well said.

Of course for me, the initial mistake was letting go of the man who brought you back to Serie A, a man who had history with the club and is to this day one of the best young managers in the world. Didier Deschamps. If they had kept him, it would've been stabilizing and a nice continuity and I personally think Juve could've mounted title challenges and perform a lot better than they have since.

For me it was a mistake to part ways with him. Their loss ended up being Marseille's win of course who won a title after like 17 years.

Well, a better performance versus Spurs than I anticipated. I saw Allegri get pissed off at our players, I saw a calm team of young and experienced players and I saw character. This is one of the few games I saw where Milan was hard to break down. Seedorf played with so much composure and experience and Pato was so deadly even with just 3 touches. abate is definitely our most improved player this year.

Ben, I actually thought Milan were very organised against Napoli and played some dominating football. Today showed that when Allegri is more vocal, the team is less complacent and more concentrated.

I thought Robinho was extremely disappointing, and thought Merkel was doing a superb job when he came in later.

I want future Milan to always be organised like tonight and Napoli and to play with the true experience our players have. Seedorf was great and really showed himself.

Yeah much better performance today in London than 2 weeks ago in Milan.

Robinho missed that GREAT opportunity when Pato was one-one-one but in edge of box and squared it nicely for him. But he mishit it and then Gallas saved from goal-line. F'n Robinho should've taken that chance!

p.s. Sakho has signed 2 year extension with PSG today. So don't know if he's leaving this summer but if he does, he's gonna cost even much more now!

IMO Milan were lethargic. Robinho is a disgrace.
Merkel was great and Thiago Silva did very well against Crouch (who irritated me, Spurs would be more effective without him).
Milan's left back made a couple of great crosses, but the forwards weren't even trying to reach them...
Another very poor performance by Zlatan...

It's been 3 games where we've completely shut-out our opponents from taking shots. Napoli, Juventus and now Spurs. We need to improve our attacking play, but our defending and midfield is really improving. I think we left the competition with our heads held high - I really saw a solid performance by Milan, something We haven't seen so much of this year.

Respect to Seedorf, after that superb performance, was crying as it was probably his last CL game. The man has won everything with us since joining in 2002. 3 CL finals, 2 CL's won. The man has received a lot of criticism recently, even from me, but this performance deserves praise. He showed a lot of class to lead the team today.

Heads held high? Don't be silly, Stefano.

Seedorf was great as a regista though. Jankulovski's been looking good recently as well.

Still, it's a big step down from Barcelona squeezing past you in similar circumstances in 2006.

Still, it's a big step down from Barcelona squeezing past you in similar circumstances in 2006.
sure. but this season (as a whole) also represents for milan a big step up from last season... and from the season before aswell.
having said that, i can't share stef's satisfaction. if we talk about the whole season, then yes, i think milan is finally back on the right track and this season was great....... but considering the last few matches (napoli, juve, and both legs against spurs), i just can't feel happy with it as stef is.

i don't know if i would use the word "dominant" to describe yesterday's and napoli's performance, stef. taking control of the ball (and of the game) when the opponent is clearely letting u take it.... that's not really dominating in my book. both against spurs and napoli u were simply taking what the opponent was kindly giving to u; the control of the game.
napoli let u get in charge because they were playing their worst match of the season. spurs let u take control of the game because they had no need to dictate the plot of the game.

it's always easier to let your opponent take control of the game, when u don't have to score. u just sit there and take a defensive approach. so we might well say that milan's dominating possession was determined by tottenham's approach.
this is one of the reasons why i don't think it's a good idea to judge a team on a champions league performance.... champions leage performances are always effected by external factors...... during the 1st leg, very often the home team tends to mantain a conservative approach to avoid to concede a potentially dangerous away goal to the opponents.
and during the second leg the teams performances are always effected, not only by the away goal factor, but also by the 1st leg result.
i think we can all agree that tottenham would have played a completely different match if milan would have won the 1st leg.

naah, i don't really like this recent milan. yes allegri's team has definitely more structure than leonardo's milan... and this milan is definitely a better team (afterall allegri is lightyears ahead of leonardo in terms of coaching).
but 2, 3 months ago milan still had structure, yet they also had some flair. i mean, also back in jannuary\december u were much harder to break than u were under leonardo... but u were also much more inspired upfront.
u might argue that against napoli and spurs milan was even harder to break than 2 months ago...... but then i might reply that vs. napoli and spurs milan looked harder to break because both napoli and spurs didn't even try to break u.

the fact remains that milan wasn't able to score a single goal to spurs..... sure there are some valid justifications... gomes had the best performance of his carreer in milano, and yesterday spurs were closing all the gaps and holes u might find..... but still..... it's 0 goals in 2 matches..... against a very VERY shaky defense like tottenham's

mind u, i'm not criticising milan's season or milan as a team or allegri. allegri has done an amazing job so far.... this team has improved soo much from last year (abate is getting better and better, boateng is proving to be a very useful player and obviously ibra and cassano can instantly change every team)...... and i also praise milan for the amazing season they had so far....... but this recent milan (the milan i saw in the last 3 weeks) hasn't really impressed me as much as this season early milan.

that's obviously just my opinion of course, and i'm aware that u obviously can judge milan much better than me stef, having a chance to watch them on a weekly basis..... but i still think milan is a lot less inspired and dangerous upfront that it used to be till a couple of months ago..... and when u take into account napoli's and spurs's tactical approach, i'm not even sure this milan is really better defensively than it was, say, 2 months ago.
... yeah u didn't suffer against napoli, juve and spurs.... but let's be honest napoli, juve and spurs were absolutely harmless, from an offensive point of view.

Last edited:

Heads held high? Don't be silly, Stefano.

Seedorf was great as a regista though. Jankulovski's been looking good recently as well.

Since 2007, when's the last time Milan looked like an actual solid team in Europe? We were letting goals fly in left right and center. This season we actually look more compact. A lot of people expected us to lose and be intimidated by the Spurs crowd. Instead, we were the better side and the Milan fans were pretty damn loud on ITV.

I was expecting to get raped in this match, 2-0, 3-0. Spurs couldn't get out of the box, they had random 10 minute patches, but we still pushed them all the way back. In the months before, our strong point was our attack - scoring for fun. Now its the opposite, our defence and midfield are performing very well, but our attack can't play fluidly. Ibra needs to rest, he's started almost every single game this season. We need to play Pato-Cassano-Robinho against Bari so we have a fresh team against Palermo.

Robinho is so wasteful, and Ibra looks jaded.

Back
Top Bottom