Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

I wonder if he is not going to be another Cassano that will only reveal hitself and show his skills and not his attitude at 27/28. A shame that this kid has no brain.

I thought moving him out of Italy would allow him the chance to slowly sort himself out but nothings changed really.

I think its inevitable he'll remain this way unless he has a MASSIVE character change. Shame as his record at City is impressive.

EDIT: Just seen this...:LOL: :LMAO: Words can't describe Mario.

YouTube - Balotelli v. Bib

Last edited:

LOL
Milan are not going to win the title :-D
They just don't have the right mentality and/or the big team luck. Since 2004, for every season, they are just a team that only want to grab the CL spot.

Good performance by Palermo. When I saw Bovo and Cassani were out, I thought Milan would surely put a couple past them, but they performed very well.

Screw it! We shouldn't be losing points like this right now. Milan just enter games like they have them in the bag and then soon get a reality check.

Cassano was a huge let down and Milan are missing something in the puzzle. A creative midfielder is desperately needed and a striker like Inzaghi has been really missed. Pato drifts out wide a lot. I liked Flamini though. He is not afraid to go forward. I hope we extend his contract.

Congrats to Palermo though. They had to end the streak against us. :D

Last edited:

Your begining games with a midfield with Flamini, Gattuso and Van Bommel what would you expect? None of these know how to hold the ball properly and temporize the game neither can they give any other dynamic then to break some1s leg since they are all reputed as hard tacklers. But yes some1 upfront to give the team a presence in the area and to make defenders scared and alert of his movement, ib4 pippo or borrielo would have been handy.
The way things are, i wouldn't be that surprised if Inter won the scudetto and laughed at you guys. You had everything to win it this season and you are on the verge of losing it all. A shame, because next season its going to be Juves. :D

Lovely 2nd goal by Cavani yesterday, now on 22 Serie A goals for the season.

But he's trumped by Di Natale, who seems to age like a fine wine and is up to 25 in the league. And does Inler ever score an unspectacular goal? :D

Hahaha well said.

p.s. Ben, where are you?! We miss you! Lots to talk about!

Back with the derby in less than 2 days. Oh I really hope we don't screw the title up but surely going to be the most intense derby of the past 5 years. Can't wait!

Wtf so much to talk about and this thread is barely up to date?

1) Who is that DiBenedetto and any1 knows his ideas for Roma?

2) http://www.football-italia.net/mar31x.html

HOW THE HELL IS THIS EVEN A REMOTE POSSIBILITY? Seriously, if this happens im going to be so mad at Marotta.. Adding to this: http://www.football-italia.net/apr01c.html I may be forced to fly to Torino with a shotgun and look for a certain man..

Buffon takes 6 mill a year. Too much for a team willing to rebuild with quality players in the summer. Plus, Storati showed how a much cheaper keeper can do a great(even better) job between the posts. Seriously, the fans fell in love with Storari.

As for Giovinco, well for me there will not be a place for him until Del Piero retires and that is not for at least a year now. Co-ownership to Parma seems reasonable.

And yeah start posting!!

But Buffon isn't any ordinary Goalkeeper. It would be ridiculous to let him go just because Storari made a couple of good games. Gigi has been out since the World Cup, it would be unfair to rule him out now, right when he is picking up his form.

About Giovinco, from what i saw, Gio and Alex can totally co-exist in the same formation. Both hang around a lot on the left wing or the middle. In a well trained and balanced formation, with compensations well trained (this means that when 1 is on the wing the other is filling up in the middle) things could totally work for Juve, its just a matter of trying and getting these aspects trained.

I am not saying let him go for Storari. Juventus have been linked with Stekelenburg and Marchetti recently. I am saying Juve might consider selling him in order to lift weight on some of the major signings they are supposed to make in the summer. We are talking about Bastos and Neymar(at least according t Tuttosport :LOL:) and a lot of other top class player who might come. Not less than 40 mill will be spent at that rate. Kinda like Milan may let go of Pirlo this summer if he refuses to reduce his wages. Imagine if both went to Roma. That would be insane. :D

As for Giovinco, I doubt Juve will let go of him easily.

hey guys, long time no talk. i've been crazy busy theese days and i haven't watched a single football match in just about 3 weeks. i missed all the march champions league action and the last 2 or 3 weeks of domestic leagues.... serie a included. i didn't even watch palermo games (even the one against milan). so if anything, u're the ones who are gonna have to update me!!! :P
anyway things are slowly getting back to normal, and as i found a few minutes to wander around the internet, i discovered this is gonna be a pretty intense week end. the milano derby, catania-palermo, lazio-napoli and juve-roma......... WOW! someone will be crying by monday! hopefully i'll be able to finally watch some football this week end.

as for current topics of interests, i completely agree with what u guys (sina, neoexodus, younggun) said about balotelli.... i'm so disappointed by this guy. now it looks like even mancini is getting tired of his attitude (and that really says it all). what a stupid, stupid boy. anyway i still believe remaining in england can only be good for him.

as for di benedetto and the roma situation, i really don't know much about this guy.... but then again, i think nobody does at this point. i guess we just have to wait and see what his next moves will be.
apparently he said he wants to turn roma back into a title contender and that his main target is to win the scudetto as soon as possible.... but theese are just promises of course.

concerning the buffon situation, i don't think it'll be up to juve to take a decision. if Gigi feels like trying a new experience, then juventus will have to let him go. otherwise i don't think they will sell him. at 33 years old, he wouldn't be worth enough money to persuade juve to sell him. and, although storari has done a great job, buffon still belongs to a different class.
you're right zeem, there are many cheaper gks who can do a great job, but no keeper in the world can give his defenders the same sense of confidence and security buffon gives. his commanding leadership and authority is a key asset, especially for a relatively young defensive line like juve's one.
besides a fit buffon still is the best goalkeeper out there. afterall 33 years old isn't much for a keeper. peruzzi has been on world class standards till he was 37.

the thing is gigi has been outside for about an entire season, because of injuries, and after such a long absence people tend to forget how much better he is than any other world class goalkeeper.... the same happened to me with nesta. he didn't play for almost 2 years, and i forgot how special he was.... then he came back last season, and suddenly i remembered that the "world class label" just isn't enough to describe him. same goes for gigi. and i think marotta is well aware of that.

about giovinco, according to that article neo, parma has an option only to buy the 50% of giovinco, so there's not much to be worried about. it's pretty common in theese cases. a top club sends a great player on loan to a small club... the small club gives him playtime but they usually ask to be rewarded economically. by getting the 50% of giovinco, parma will be able to get some money once juve wants him back. :))

I hope Giovinco won't be a Criscito part 2...

About Buffon, the only keeper i would rather have instead of him, atm, is Sirigu. From what i saw, he really seems a promising keeper.

Btw don't like neither Bastos or Neymar. Don't think we need strikers atm. Better focus on buying Quag, getting Amauri to play what he knows, keeping Iaquinta for a bandage striker and that seems fine. What really worrys me are the sidebacks and the left wing. Im tired of seeing Marchisio there. So much potential stuck in a left wing. He reminds me of Moutinho at Sporting. Played in every position in the midfield instead of his natural, went to Porto and started playing in the correct place and now he is one of the Portugal starters.
I would rather spend about 30 mill in Balza and Cassani and get Gio back than those two the media talk about.

Milan fans are preparing something special for Leonardo tonight. Can't wait to see.

What's happening in Serie B with Atalanta and the match fixing allegations?

Serie A its a big joke im happy UEFA give them just 3 places in CL next season i hope after 2 season they will have just 2 places there not more , joke league full with mafia fixet match wih refers etc. little teams no one care for them they are always under big teams with refers and all joke league (N)

You are very wrong and misinformed my friend. You're talking about not things you know but things you've read.

Anyway, great derby tonight! Especially 1st half! WHAT a 1st half! Right from get-go, it had everything! Great victory for Allegri and Milan.

What an idiot Cassano is though. :LOL:
This guy never ceases to amaze :LOL:

WHAT A MILAN. Loved the choreography. If you missed it, it was the last supper with Milan figures and under it wrote "JUDAS". I was at Bar Italia for the game and man, Leo is a hated man.

HOW QUICK WAS OUR FOOTBALL TODAY? SEEDORF is full of class. So much class. Abate is growing to be one of our best 'signings' and Thiago Silva has feet of gold... something Robinho needs to develop.

Also loved how Gattuso got so excited and ran 30m after the 2nd goal - he ran so fast that his injury cured itself :LOL:

Valon - whatever you say. FORZA LECCE :LOL:

edit:

acinter2.jpg

Last edited:

Only one thing deserves to be said : well done milan.
Total control of the match, champion's class (except gattuso's attitude once again).
There are still matches remaining but it will be hard for us to come side again, if we continue on the 3 competitions.
But whatever, Milan has done a great season, and will not steal the title if they manage to keep those 5 points ahead.
Greatest Pato ever imo, i never saw a more complete game by him that yesterday. In fact the only useful attackers of Milan are him and Inzaghi, it is no use to by Ibra or Cassano :PP

I'm not angry at all, i prefer to loose by 3 goals that by one pk as first fixture. Just a bit disapointed, but the best team won yesterday.
Bravo Allegri above all

Fair play allezinter - two things really stood out last night from Inter. Ranocchia was great, but Eto'o was on another level compared to Pazzini, Sneijder and Pandev. I've noticed that Sneijder can be ineffective in closed matches, but Eto'o seems to always manage to be dangerous, even after missing the easiest goal in history. When he had the ball, he always made it hard for us to stop him.

I've just finished watching Napoli - Lazio...

During all the previous week, Napoli whined and complained for a dubious Lazio goal in the first leg...
And today this happened:
http://www.repubblica.it/sport/2011/04/03/foto/napoli-lazio_il_gol_fantasma_di_brocchi-14440723/1/
By the way, just click on "successivo" to go to the next image

Incidentally, this goal has NOT been given.

Congrats, Napoli... Congrats.

Only one thing deserves to be said : well done milan.
By the way, fair play allezlinter.
Too bad that Chivu's sending off has ruined it (I thought Pato dived at first, but it looks that I was wrong and the sending off is correct) but well... I only can be happy about this result.

The match was played from the first minute though.
Chivu deserved to be sent off, and these are the matches that if you loose you are off for the title.
To bad we let so much points before january, but this is like this.
And we knew these are the match chen milan are the best, and we did not manage to do what needed to be done, especially in attack.
Just hope that it will not ruin our match tuesday

as much as i like AC, Napoli is right behind and it would be amazing if they could win Scudeto! not only becouse of Hamsik but also becouse how this club progressed so quick..

amazing stuff..

Valon i don´t agree, it´s very bad Seria A has one spot less for CL becouse there is still great teams..teams like AC, Inter, Juve, Lazio, Roma, Neapol, Udinese are full of great talented players and the thing about Italy league being slow and not attractive is a big MYTH. just watch few matches, the atmosphere is best in Europe, well definetly better than in England/Germany and Spain together... that´s just my opinion..

Back
Top Bottom