Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

@ *aLe amazing goal shame they dont give it i didnt see match but from result looks great one

@Pipa where is best atmosphere in euo ? in Italian stadiums ? what are u saying mate ?? first for go and watch one match u need to have fan card that NOT every one can have coz me maybe i go 5 times in season to watch one match so i cant do fan card like one ultras etc . this is one big probelm and we see always stadiums empty , tell me which stadium its full in serie a ? leave derby milan vs inter , maybe napoli stadium have a bit more fans and atmosphere is great but look other teams stadiums are almost empty , and years ago they put juve in serie b but mafia didnt stop yet milan its big one also many other teams , always federation plan who to go in serie b and who to stay , i talk for lecce that i watch every match of them from more than 5 years in serie b also serie a example 2 season before they went in serie a and went down because of mafia that send they down with refers etc. because they want to keep bloginia up , teams of sud italy are always down coz of mafia !!!... in time of zeman 04-05 they can be in uefa cup but because of teams that still like juventus , milan etc they finish just 10th , also this season look for info and u find how many penalty (example) they dont give for Lecce (i talk for them coz i follow but happen also with other little teams)

however im happy Lecce won today 2-0 vs Udinese ;)

@ *aLe amazing goal shame they dont give it i didnt see match but from result looks great one

Yeah, it has been a great match... Shame Lazio didn't win it, I was confident they could get away from San paolo with 3 points.
By the way, if you want to see the highlights:
YouTube - Napoli-Lazio 4-3 Ampia Sintesi SKY Goal Mauri Dias Cavani (3) Dossena 31^giornata Serie A Auriemma

Brocchi did a great shot (3:55 of the highlights), shame it hasn't been given :'(
But the goal I liked the most has been the 1-0 by Mauri (0:44 in the video). What a classy finish after having run past 2 defenders, it looked like a billiard ball... Simply superbe!

FIFA should do something about the goals that are not seen by referee... this is not funny anymore.... even if i admit, a hell of a match!!

Incredible match. Serie A is f'n awesome! Great matches every round, fantastic technical skills on every roster, good tactics and defending (positioning, anticipation, etc.

Delio Rossi is back :LOL:

:CONFUSE: :SHOCK: :LOL:

:LMAO:

valon, i can see there's a LOT of confusion in your mind. i don't have much time now, but let me try and explain a few things.

mafia isn't a word u can use to refer to every bad aspect of italian society. i know this is a pretty common habit, and i also know this happens because people has absolutely no idea what mafia is. i'm quite confident mafia had some interests in football many years ago, back when betting was illegal (illegal bets were a decent source of profits), but today mafia has no interests in football, because football is just not profitable enough, compared to mafia's "core businesses". if u think mafia (or anyone else, for what matters) has some interest in "bringing thge small southern clubs down", let me tell you this is absolutely not the case.

as for the atmosphere in italian stadia, this bullshit about italian stadia being empty, is honestly becoming kinda annoying. we definitely have a lower average attendance than english stadia and german stadia..... but seriously, saying italian stadia are empty is just laughable.
lazio, napoli, roma, fiorentina, genoa, samp, parma, fill their stadia on a pretty regular basis.
and there's also another factor people don't usually consider. italian stadia are needlessly and ridiculously massive. there are small clubs, small cities which have huge stadia, because back in 1990 when italy was about to host the world cup, italian authorities had the brilliant idea to build enormous stadia even in small cities, whose clubs have a very little fanbase.
just think of that, bari is a very small town. his population is about 300 thousands people.... yet they have a massive 58 thousands seats stadia!!! LOL! only 2 clubs in england have higher capacity than bari stadium (emirates and old strafford). bari stadium has about 20 thousands seats more than anfield! and mind u, bari isn't even a midclass club. they're a small club, in a small city, constantly battling to avoid relegation.... yet their stadium is bigger than many european top teams stadia. no wonder their stadium is never full..... bari fans will never be able to fill it up.
another hilarious example is chievo. chievo is pretty much a neighboorhood of verona. the population is 4,500 people... yet their stadium has 40 thousands seats!!!!
u can easily see my point here. chievo stadium has enough seats to host the entire chievo population (and that includes women, old people and children)..... 10 times.
let's make an example. the city of liverpool has 800.000 habitants (and that's only the urban area). if anfield road would have an overall capacity 10 times bigger than the city population than anfiled would have 8 millions seats!!!! no need to say anfield would look empty too if it was that big.

and it's not just chievo or bari stadium. pretty much every italian stadium is way too big, compared to the fans needs. palermo for instance has a 40 thousands capacity stadium, while palermo fans would need only a 25 thousands seats stadium..... infact the new stadium we're building will have around 25 thousands seats..
and once we'll have a 25 thousands seats stadium, u'll never see a single seat empty.

what i'm trying to say is that the whole "italian stadia are always empty" point is mostly a matter of perception. if we had smaller stadia like the english ones or the german ones, u wouldn't see so many empty seats.
i'm not trying to say our attendance is the same of german or english stadia. we do have smaller attendance indeed. but the difference is a lot smaller than it looks, precisely because of our ridiculously big stadia.
and btw, when it comes to atmoshpere, numbers only tell half the story. 1000 palermitani or genovesi are way louder and more cheerful than 2 thousands average english or german fans.

having said that, i'm not trying to say the atmosphere in italian stadia is better than it is in english or german stadia. under many point of views epl and bundesliga matches have a much better atmosphere than serie a matches.... but saying that the atmosphere in italy is poor is just nonsense.

one last thing mate. it's not because of mafia that lecce isn't a title contender... the thing is your team is just not good enough.
i'm not trying to change your mind about serie a. everyone has his own taste and i'm quite sure most of the average fans all over the world think serie a is a poor league (although i disagree with that). but u certainly picked the wrong arguments to support your point and i thought u could use some hindsight. ;))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to more interesting topics, WHAT A WEEK END!!!! big matches don't always equal to great games but man, this week games were just insane! all of em!!
and speaking of atmosphere, how about that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZHiX7jn5Q
or that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3oE2CJ7vk
or that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlR0qA5uiXQ
or that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpuQ9Gr3am4&feature=related
theese are not videos taken from this entire season.... this is just picked from this very week end serie a action.

not too shabyy, if u ask me :))
neoexodus said:
I wonder how mad yet happy Ben is atm. Zamparini is making a circus out of Palermo.
man u really picked the most appropriate words bro! mad yet happy :P
anyway, since i'm already late, i will conveniently avoid to comment on palermo :P

Last edited:

Did this Rossi situation happen EVER? Crazy football.

And how about Storari? Amazing saves last night and then he hits out at Del Neri to notice him. Did he really expect to replace Buffon when he signed for Juventus? :SHOCK: In my opinion, he should shut up till the end of the season and then sort it out. He already played more than half of the season and made a name for himself. Even if Juve sold Buffon, they will probably sign Stekelenburg or Marchetti and keep Storari second choice which is a shame. He said he might move to Roma which could be great for him and Roma since he is a Roma fan and Roma desperatly need a good GK.

Anyway, what an underrated player. What he did at Milan,Sampdoria,and Juve would make him one of the best GKs in Italy, if not the world. His age is not helping, eventhough he looks more energetic and agile than most young GKs out there.

Ben, doesn't Chievo play in the same stadium as Hellas Verona?
Oh and i admire that last post of you...some patience you got.

My friends, what about Atalanta and the rumours of match fixing? I've heard that Atalanta could face the same fate as Genoa a couple of years ago...i ask this because Atalanta is my "other" Italian team (the first of course is Palermo).

Oh and do i understand well and did Zamparini already fired the new coach?

Lots of questions, i know...sorry.

Last edited:

yep zeem storari is indeed a great keeper.

Gerd yes, also verona plays in the bentegodi stadium.... and that monstruosity is way too big even for verona fans needs. keep in mind verona is a very small (and unbelievably beautiful) town. the population is slightly above 200.000 people.... and that obviously includes women (although i got to say there are several girls who go to stadia in italy), newborns and old people. veronesi could never fill that stadium either.

as for those rumours about atalanta i got to say i haven't heard anything about it in italy, wich is weird, because usually whenever there's an inquiry on a club or a match, it's front page material in every newspaper (not just sport newspapers). i can't even find anything about it even on the corriere dello sport site news archive.....
anyone knows something about this story?

as for your rossi question, yes, after the catania derby debacle, zamparini sacked cosmi and called rossi back.
it's not gonna last though. rossi's contract expires in june and i really can't see delio renewing it, no matter what zamparini might promise him. delio said he came back only because he just couldn't let palermo people down.
i can foresee some very touching moments sunday, when he will make his first step on the pitch of the barbera stadium :))
as for me, i decided i'll be at the stadium sunday (i haven't been at the stadium ever since zamparini fired him).
the season is obviously compromised. the players morale is to an all time low and the fans are very angry with both the presidents and most of the players.......
delio's return is the first good news in weeks :))

Two TOP TOP posts Ben.

Great to have you back buddy.

Why the hell did Rossi come back? Out of respect for the players or the fans? Zamparini must be one of the bioggest fools in the football world.

Atalanta: i heard rumours about that in the Guardian podcast, where they were also talking about suspicious betting pattern about the Sampdoria-Chievo match. They also talked about alledged match fixing in Serie B concerning Atalanta matches...maybe it's just nonsense (as somebody who has a soft spot for Atalanta, i hope it's nonsense).

About Hellas Verona: one of the best (football) books i've ever read is "A season with Verona" where English author Tim Parks (who lives in Italy) follows Hellas Verona a season long. This was when they were trying to avoid relegation in Serie A (after a test match against Reggina Verona did avoid relegation). They had a young promising player at the time: Mauro Camoranesi. Fantastic book about Italian football and how the ultra's live football...

mate talking about Liverpool they maybe have 45.000 capacity of stadium but u NEVER see one seat empty + now they are building new stadium with more seats and its not problem for them to sell also 70.000 ticket

other is that this a bit fans that Liverpool have do one amtosphere more big than 5 teams together of serie a leave fire leave papers with one paint atmosphere is this
YouTube - You'll Never Walk Alone Liverpool V Barcelona
YouTube - BEST Fields of Anfield rd ever Liverpool chelsea semi 1/5/07

liverpool play vs Juventus in CL 2005 and in stadium of Juve u listen that A BIT fans of Liverpool singing

other is that fans on england are 1 meter near field not like in italy that are so far and close with that mirrors like in jail like u are in zoo .....

ah one more things , i understand rivality roma vs lazio , or Lecce vs Bari but in EVERY single match u listen fans sing "VAFANCULO" (if i wrote good) something so stupid for me ...!

Last edited:

as a liverpool supporter that watches all matches possible, you can´t even compare the atmosphere during PL with CL matches, that´s the first thing.

second is, Liverpool sometimes have better support away from anfield than at home matches.. except playing against chelsea or United, or everton, rest of the home matches , the fans sit like in theatre...that goes for most of english teams lately..despite being one meter away from field

as a liverpool supporter that watches all matches possible, you can´t even compare the atmosphere during PL with CL matches, that´s the first thing.

second is, Liverpool sometimes have better support away from anfield than at home matches.. except playing against chelsea or United, or everton, rest of the home matches , the fans sit like in theatre...that goes for most of english teams lately..despite being one meter away from field

sorry but im not agree with u , i have a lot of friends fans there and i'v been there vs hull example not rivality nothing "special" and u listen every min kops singing and atmosphere is great EVER IF they are losing , what u see in italy when team is losing ? u listen fuck from theyr fans u see them burning seats etc , watch Liverpool u listen YNWA after every single match when want to finish even this season that teams its not going well they lose but sing YNWA yet its simple one example ...

honestly i shouldn't even bother, as u're clearely talking by stereotypes, but, since i got a few minutes opf spare time.....
as for italian clubs rivalries, some of the funniest, wittiest and most hilarious banners and chants were born thanks to those rivalries.... besides what u say about fans doing nothing but insulting each others is absolutely false. do u have any idea how many gemellaggi there are among fans of different clubs in italy?..... just to pick your lecce, they are gemellati with palermo. whenever palermo fans go to lecce, the leccesi wellcome the palermitani with lovely ceremonies and wellcoming chants (and vice versa of course).... and being a lecce fan, u should know that.

and as for the italian fans not supporting their clubs when they're loosing, didn't u hear inter fans cheering up the players with their chants during the derby? inter was loosing 3-0 and inter fans were still trying to support the team.... that happened less than one week ago.
or i could use palermo as example and remind u how palermo fans applauded the team after a 0-7 loss at home against udinese, less than one month ago.

honestly i don't even know why i am replying....
PLF said:
Two TOP TOP posts Ben.
Great to have you back buddy.
thanks bro. it's great to have some free time again :P
pipa said:
FIFA should do something about the goals that are not seen by referee... this is not funny anymore....
didn't fifa try to implement that chip inside the ball to prevent this sort of things? i remember they experimented that chip in a competition some time ago... what happened? did the experiment fail? coz that seemed to be a pretty good idea.
gerd i gotta go now. i'll reply to u tomorrow :))

Last edited:

dont know, but if ice hockey can have cameras on their goals..why can´t this be in football...no need for chips.. if you have cameras in both corners inside the goal bars, everthing would be seen from the line.. most popular sport as football has no techincs at all...and sometimes stupid referees... just look at Lampards goal against Germany....such things should not happend.

lo zio i know relation of fans of Lecce with fans of Palermo i know this "brother" relationship but i was talking about diferent things that i think u dont get

ando about this

honestly i don't even know why i am replying....

if u think all have same opinion like u that serie a its best in the world ok then keep going with that i just say my opinion and its serie a its far from EPL and other top leagues .... if u have something to do me to change mind and if im wrong talk and in this way like u dont know why u replay like im saying something that dont exist for nothing , but as u see fifa put them on 4th place after EPL , La Liga and Bundesliga so i think they are not so stupid

ah i want just one answer from u coz i have one question so please if u have time answer

what do u think about this ... i start from Lecce coz i like and i follow always , example play Lecce vs Inter in Via Del Mare how u explain that in stadium have more fans of Inter than of Lecce , and not only Lecce many other little teams too happen this what do u think about it ? take every single team of EPL when play at home vs Manchester , Liverpool or any team no matter what big team they are there its just one "corner" for AWAY fans ...

I really hope we don't become Ibra-dependent against Fiorentina this weekend. The game against Inter showed that we can do so much without that stupid system. Here's a blog post I really agree with:

Pato deve essere lasciato libero di agire come prima punta senza continui rimproveri , il Papero deve poter giocare tranquillo e non terrorizzato dalle continue richieste dello zingaro , deve poter esprimere il suo talento anche cercando giocate individuali come ad esempio saltare in velocità l’uomo e tirare nello specchio della porta , senza per questo essere osteggiato.

'Pato needs to be have a free role without continuous restraint. He needs to be able to play calmly and to avoid being terrorised by the demands of the 'zingaro' (it sort of means gypsy, and it's what we call Ibra). Pato needs to be able to express his talent and to seek individual actions, such as beating a man with speed and shooting from outside the box, without being held back.'

ando about this

if u think all have same opinion like u that serie a its best in the world ok then keep going with that i just say my opinion and its serie a its far from EPL and other top leagues .... if u have something to do me to change mind and if im wrong talk and in this way like u dont know why u replay like im saying something that dont exist for nothing , but as u see fifa put them on 4th place after EPL , La Liga and Bundesliga so i think they are not so stupid

Valon, i'm sure ben (lo zio) will answer himself, but maybe an outsider's view can help.
After your first post where you talked about maffia and stereotyped Italy, Ben could have snubbed you, because, honestly posts like that are rather offensive...
You are from Kosovo, in my country there is a stereotype view (or call it "racist") that everybody from Kosovo is...a maffioso. So i don't think you would be very happy if anybody on this forum would make posts saying all people from Kosovo are member of a maffia clan. I don't know if you are aware of it, but basically you did something similar and that in a thread about Italian football where quite a few Italian people come regularly...that is not the brightest thing to do.

Despite all that, Ben gave you a perfect reasonable answer.
He never said that Serie A is the best league in the world. Like most people who come regularly in this thread, he just likes Italian football and thinks this year's Seria A is rather exciting with teams like Napoli and Udinese being contenders for the Scudetto. But he never said that Serie A is the best league in the world.

You seem very fond of the English Premier League. I like that league a lot too. But maybe one should stay a litle bit objective. Why are English clubs that successfull? Because they have lots of money (or should i say debts). You know as well as i do that in football money is everything. The days that Italian teams spended lots of money are behind us. Nowadays most Italian clubs have a reasonable financial gestion, i.e. stop making additional debts by buying too expensive players and giving them exorbitant salaries.

If Platini succedes in his mission to make football competition fair (again), then i'm pretty sure English clubs will not be as dominant.

And then you say that in English football there lots of fans for other clubs than the big six. Are you sure? This is an English forum. Do you know a Wigan fan here? Birmingham? West Ham (one i think: Steevio)? WBA? Fulham? Sunderland? Tim7 is a Charlton fan. Do you know one single Blackpool fan on this forum?

I think you are over idealising the English Premier League.
No hard feelings.

Last edited:

Valon said:
if u think all have same opinion like u that serie a its best in the world ok then keep going with that i just say my opinion and its serie a its far from EPL and other top leagues .... if u have something to do me to change mind and if im wrong talk and in this way like u dont know why u replay like im saying something that dont exist for nothing
i'm not quite sure i really got what u meant here, but i'll try and reply one last time anyway.
Valon, i do not think serie a is the best league in the world, and i certainly wasn't trying to change your mind, by persuading u to believe something i myself don't agree with.
there are indeed plenty of issues with serie a. many problems and shortcomings that make it impossible to consider serie a as the best league in the world (the same could be said about all the other top leagues aswell, but that's another topic).
the thing is those reasons are not the ones u mentioned. those "reasons" u refered to are just a bunch of stereotypes: a league run by mafia, with empty stadia and supporters more interested in burning seats than in supporting their teams... and some Grey Eminence\puppets master bringing down southern clubs. i really don't wanna sound like a jerk here valon, but that would sound quite funny and ridiculous to anyone who actually knows something about this league.

if u would have mentioned the security issue, the stadia ownership issue, the ultras privileges issue or any of the many other problems that affect serie, i certainly wouldn't have denied nor disproved your points.

anyway, Valon, like i already said in my last post, i'm not trying to change your mind. first of, because i don't consider serie a the best league in europe.... and second because, to be brutally honest, i couldn't care less about your preferences. i don't even know u, so why should i. i don't care whatyour favourite authors or movies are or what kind of music u prefere... and i obviously don't care about your opinion of serie a or of any other league... it's absolutely natural, since we don't know each others... i'm sure u feel the same about my personal tastes and preferences. ;)

serie a is obviously the league i am closer to. because i was born in italy, because i spent more than half of my entire life in italy, and because the club i support plays in italy. but feeling closer to serie a doesn't mean considering it the best league in the world. i'm not one of those stupid fanboys who feel the urge to rate and rank everything. i enjoy bundi and epl and la liga just as much as i enjoy serie a. each of those leagues has his strenghtness and weaknesses. they are all different from each others, and each of those league (aswell as serie a) is great for different reasons.

but even if i were one of those stupid league fanboys, i wouldn't have any interest in trying to change your mind about serie a. it's not like i'm a public relation agent for serie a. none of my friends or relatives works for serie a, so why would i wanna promote the image of the league by changing the mind of a guy i don't even know. LOL!

i just thought u could use some insight, that's it. but now, after reading again your very first post in here.....
Serie A its a big joke im happy UEFA give them just 3 places in CL next season i hope after 2 season they will have just 2 places there not more , joke league full with mafia fixet match wih refers etc. little teams no one care for them they are always under big teams with refers and all joke league
..... i suddenly realise u weren't really looking for a conversation. u were just coming here, with some sort of a "in your face attitude" (and a very poor grammar, i might add) to make a simple point: "serie a is a joke of a league, run by mafia and i'm glad uefa relegated it by depriving them of a CL spot".
the mood of your first post was indeed pretty revealing and it was really my fault to misunderstand your intentions.

so valon, to prove u how much i respect your opinion (or in other terms, how little i care about setting u straight), i promise i won't interfere again with your points (wich, in case u didn't get it, it's the most polite way i can think of to tell u i'm not gonna contribute to this conversation any longer).
in hindsight, the most approriate reaction would have been stafano's one: whatever u say Valon.
Pipa said:
dont know, but if ice hockey can have cameras on their goals..why can´t this be in football...no need for chips.. if you have cameras in both corners inside the goal bars, everthing would be seen from the line.. most popular sport as football has no techincs at all...and sometimes stupid referees... just look at Lampards goal against Germany....such things should not happend.
that's actually an even easier to implement and more simple solution. good call Pipa :))
-------------------------------------------------------------

stef, i understand your concerns. do u believe there might be some sort of a tactical incompatibility between pato and ibra?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Gerd said:
Why the hell did Rossi come back? Out of respect for the players or the fans? Zamparini must be one of the bioggest fools in the football world.

Atalanta: i heard rumours about that in the Guardian podcast, where they were also talking about suspicious betting pattern about the Sampdoria-Chievo match. They also talked about alledged match fixing in Serie B concerning Atalanta matches...maybe it's just nonsense (as somebody who has a soft spot for Atalanta, i hope it's nonsense).
rossi said he came back out of love for palermo and the palermitani.
as for the atalanta story, i haven't heard about it, but if it's anything like the samp-chievo match, then u got nothing to worry about. there's nothing naughty behind the samp-chievo match. it's just that, since everyone in italy was betting on a draw, most of betting agencies decided to stop quoting the match (cheesy bastards). i myself put a few euros on a draw in that match... and it's obviously not because i knew the match was fixed or something like that. :))

Last edited:

@ gerd i dont have nothing against italians , and i play in super league (of kosovo its 1st category) but im leaving no money no inters so why to lose time every day training etc. so u can call my league here how u want coz for the moment a bit teams here are good (i mean pay players etc)
and i really dont have nothing against italian ppl since from this summer i;ll move there and live there and i'll get season ticket for lecce thats sure even if they are in serie b i will live with italians and i have gf italian so i want just to say i dont have nothing against ppl of italy when i say this i dont want to offend persons i was talking about football that it was 1st in the world and now u easy can see them down , what i want to say again that juventus was 1st we are learn to see many times in 1st place so to see now so down looks a bit strange whats serie a too in my view , and actualy i prefere EPL but as a futball fan i would like if ALL leagues are like that just for see good football and honest atmosphere also in stadiums not coz i have any interes fro EPL

well guys have great time and sorry for my english isnt so good :/

do not worry valon. there was nothing offensive or insulting in your posts... or at least i didn't feel offended in any way. u were inaccurate, yes, but not offensive.

i know the general opinion on serie is that it's a league in decline, but actually i think serie a today is much much more heatlhy than it was 10, 20 years ago.
club owners don't overspend like they used in the past, our stadia are still the most obsolete in europe, but now almost every club in the league is working on a project for a new stadium... and that will obviously effect also the security aspect. the tessera del tifoso is indeed a pain in the ass, but it seems to be working, as (according to official data) the number of incidents in italian stadia is getting smaller each and every year.
serie a coaches today are allowed to use their creativity and let their teams play offensive football, wich brings to many exciting upsets (like the lecce-milan match, just to make an example with your club), while till 10 years ago, whenever a small club was facing a top team, they used to park the bus in front of the box (wich is what happens in the epl today).

and, most important, till 6 years ago, this league was affected by a cancer named luciano moggi, who really used to act like a mafioso. we got rid of him, and as a result of that, today u can see a midclass club like napoli fighting for the scudetto, or midclass clubs like palermo, udinese, fiorentina, lazio, genoa, samp, challenging the top clubs for a place in champions league.

this is actually a great era for serie a. of course not everything is going great. violence is still an issue in some cities and our 4 top clubs are nowehere near as good as they used to be in the past......but u can't really have it all. 15 years ago our 4 top teams were much stronger, but the rest of the league was utterly boring.

and the fact that other european leagues are gaining more and more credibility and reputation is nothing but a good news for every fan (also italian fans). if 20 years ago it was all about serie a, today we got much more variety as the other leagues are getting better and better every year, wich is great.

so no need to apologise for anything valon. if anything, i'm the one who should apologise to u. questioning your english grammar was an unappropriate cheap shot by me and i'm sorry about it. ;)

Palermo was wining 2-0 and Cesena take 2 red cards 74' and 77' min and they score 2 goals in 90' min for get 1 point I dont know just look a bit strange to me i dont saw match but Cesena to score 2 goals in 90' min with 9 players looks to me a bit incredible !! and its one CESENA + playing away i dont know what to think but i dont saw match so i hope to have some info from anyone here

anyway great win Lecce 3 iportant points in Sampdoria ;)

don't worry valon, the match wasn't rigged, if that's what u were concerned about. :P cesena were not 2 men down. they were given 2 red cards, but the 2nd red carded player wasn't on the pitch, but on the bench. here's what happened.

on the 74th minute, when palermo was in a confortable lead (2-0) a cesena defender was (correctly) sent off for a crazy tackle. sammarco (another cesena player who was on the bench) felt the red card was absolutely underserved (is he mad!?!) and insulted the ref from the bench. so the ref sent sammarco off aswell.
so, despite the 2 red cards, cesena was down by 1 man only.

anyway, as the end of the match was getting closer, palermo felt way too confortable and conceded a stupid goal in the very final minutes.
once cesena scored their first goal, palermo blacked out completely. cesena players gained confidence and, since they had nothing to lose anymore, they attacked with all their energies, while palermo players panicked and lost their coolness.
the result became inevitable. actually we were lucky the match was basically over... 5 minutes more on the pitch, and palermo would have easily conceded a third goal.

that's the problem when u deal with such a young team. as long as they feel confident, they can do everything.... but as soon as that confidence disappears, the completely collapse (unexperienced team quite simply don't know the meaning of "hanging on").

things are getting worse and worse in palermo. the fans, for the very first time in years, are very disappointed with the players (and with good reason, i might add). most palermo players deserve all the heat they're dealing with, to be honest..... but being the players themselves so young all this pressure can only make things even worse for the team.

it must be said though, for the first time in more than a month, palermo played like it used to back when rossi was in charge. we were dominant on the pitch, and the team played very well... up until that final back out. the players are clearely enthusiasts rossi is back and u can see it by their commitment.

as for rossi, as i expected, his entrance on the pitch was a very emotional moment, with the entire stadium giving him a standing ovation. it was very moving.

one last note: during the second half (it was around the 70th minute) the palermitani curva started singing "cesena, cesena!". and the cesena supporters replied singing "palermo, palermo!" here's another proof that italian supporters don't always scream abuses at each others ;)
theese nice gestures among fans happen quite often in italian stadia valon.... the thing is people don't usually notice them (unless they're at the stadium), because media don't report this sort of things..... bad news are media material, not nice gestures :))

oh and btw, congrats for the win over samp ;) those 3 points were most needed for lecce!

look what i just found on utube :))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14oJa2zYTTA

unfortunately in the video u can't quite see the standing ovation itself, but u can clearely see the entire stadium singing the "ooooh, delio rossi alè" chant.

as delio was coming into the pitch, the speaker called "delio" and the entire stadium screamed "ROSSI" so loud, that my ears were hurting! LOL!

i see milan is still on "derby mode". impressive stuff!
if only the rossoneri would have been playing like this one month ago.... they would still be in champions league right now :))

It's van Bommel I tell you. He has been really impressive. Very simple and effective with huge commanding presence on the pitch. What a bargain considering Pirlo's injury. Although Pirlo will seriously think of leaving now.

Back
Top Bottom