Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Well said Ben. That's what I was getting at. I sincerely hope Roma DO make the next steps and become a top top level club but SO FAR (and it is still very early days), I don't see a lot to be optimistic about. The squad is even weaker than previous years and you've got a complete rookie as a manager and that a foreign one who will need his own adjusting period to everything. It's like giving Montella the job but even worse! lol

One thing I will say is Luis Enrique Martinez was a hell of a player and one of my favourites as a kid growing up! I loved how he was both skillful and extremely tenacious and played with such fire in his belly for Barca! He was a very good player and I hope he also becomes/is a very good coach. Right now I'm not very excited nor optimistic about this new Roma though....

I think they need a midfielder and a centre back, and the team will be very competitive. They're heavily linked to Lucho Gonzalez right now, which I think could be awesome. I'd like to see a good CB recruit too.

What a great player he is! One of hte world's best forwards in my opinion. Let's hope like some others, he doesn't under-perform in Juve jersey now.

And there you go, Roma one step weaker again now and what's worse to another rival! Mexes makes Milan stronger and Roma weaker and now Vucinic will do same for Juve.

I'm not convinced yet by this new Roma project but still will choose to remain optimistic and hope for the best.

Two rumours that i hop are false rumours:

Kevin De Bruyne (Genk) --> AS Roma
Jelle Vossen (Genk) --> Udinese

So Palermo signed Mauro Cetto? I didn't know that. Just found out. Good buy. Especially if he's to replace Goian. He's definitely better than the Romanian.

Bovo and Munoz will still be 1st choice center backs I'm guessing but Cetto will provide good competition for them and very good backup to have.

actually it makes sense. at stanford bridge javier would have been overshadowed by the popularity of lampard.
IMO that's not really issue. Lampard is on his way out. Pastore is young, he would have one season on the bench, to ready himself, and then 2012/13 season he'll be ready start but still not yet ready to become a club idol. i think chelsea fans will understand this and not heap to much pressure on young Pastore. The media however....

As for pastore being in a different class, that maybe true, but who of the two is more effective? IMO ligue un just suits Pastore's playing style better. and PSG is quite a high profile club and there will be a good/healthy amount of pressure on his shoulders to perform/deliver. i'll be watching a lot more ligue un this season, looking forward to see how he gets on.

What a great player he is! One of hte world's best forwards in my opinion.
i think most roma fans will disagree with you. probably glad to see the back of him to be honest. Quality player but very inconsistent and quite injury prone.

They're getting Stekelenburg but for me Frey was the better option. He went to Genoa for a bargain! Not only is he better in my opinion but he's fully adapted to the league, language having been in Italy since he was 18! Maarten is good but will have to go through adjusting period which could turn out good or not
I disagree. Frey is 33 going on 34. Stekelenburg is a quality keeper, at just 28 having competed at the highest level and just for 5m euros :SHOCK: He'll be fine IMO. Buy of the season for me, so far. Maybe keeper of the season :OOOH:

As for Luis Enrique, I hope to be pleasantly surprised but right now he's an unknown quantity. I don't see why people are excited about it. It's like being excited about appointment of Montella as coach. He's just as much of a rookie as Vincenzo was (except one year coaching Barca B) difference is at least Montella again needed no adapting to language, country, league and Roma was his club having played so many years there after Samp.

yeah, to be honest, i'm not that fired up about roma aswell. i'm not saying they're gonna disappoint, i'm just saying i can't find many reasons to be optimistic SO FAR.

the squad is definitely not improving...

you guys are looking at it all wrong. this is not about making Roma competitive. This is about building a new and improved Roma, something that will bear fruit 3-5 years from now. Barcelona is the direction football is going and what better way to emulate Barca than to bring in their youth coach. Frankly I'm excited. As for their squad, well Vucinic already had his mind set on leaving and he just hasn't been producing consistently for quite some time now. Menez has a piss poor goal scoring record. And Mexes is just crazy (although can't believe Roma let his contract run out like that). Now, instead of Lamela and Bojan, I would've gone for Pastore instead. Lamela and Bojan are just too much of a gamble really. With Pastore you know what kind of quality to expect and how soon. I'm hearing news about Nilmar joing from Villareal. Not sure that's such a good idea. Too lightweight and injury prone. IMO a quality CB (Rolando or Silvesre) and an established (or soon to be established) CMF are must right now. Should have gone for Romeru (DMF recently signed by Chelsea) and maybe Guarin or Banega (bargain buy at just 10-12m). Whatever Roma re doing, it's a darn side better than what Lazio are up to. Cisse and Klose on 4 yr and 2 yr contracts respectively, earning something like 3m each :SHOCK: What's that about?

IMO Stekelenburg is an overrated and overprized GK. Here in Belgium alone we must have 10 GK's that are better than Stekelenburg (and certainly much cheaper).

If i read your post about Roma, it would conclude that you share Ben's and Sina's pessimism towards Roma since you think they did not buy the right players.

Furthermore, although i would like it, i don't think that every club can emulate the way Barcelona play. You can't say from one day to another, "now we are gonna play like Barcelona (or Ajax, because Barcelona is a copy of Ajax). It takes a decade to play like Barcelona or Ajax, because at both clubs all the youth teams already play the system the first team plays. I witnessed that since my son had the pleasure to be invited for an Ajax football camp. I watched his team play the last week and they effectively played football like Ajax and Barcelona's first team...emulating this in one season is pure madness.

I agree with you on Lazio.

Yeah, I see Stek as an overrated one as well. Dunno why it's so, maybe because of some stagey and exaggerated jumps (just as most of today's keepers make) or a couple of super-punches to some hard and awkward-moving Jabulani shots in World Cup? :ANX: I don't assume that there are many people watch Ajax regularly. Still I think he's really a decent one but don't see a world-class keeper in him who's worth that much of hype. I also must admit that Roma did pretty good job with the fee of his transfer, I don't think it's overprized, especially in the context of today's transfer market.

I agree with rFu and see optimism around Roma. I think the enthusiasm will really left them. I think Lazio made some good signings too though, Cana will be awesome, and Cisse has been scoring for fun in friendlies. I think Reja should make peace with Zarate though ... the kid has talent and it's a waste to let him go so easily.

IMO Stekelenburg is an overrated and overprized GK. Here in Belgium alone we must have 10 GK's that are better than Stekelenburg (and certainly much cheaper).
who, like proto? this is incredibly harsh. i mean he isn't neuer or anything but he's a very capable keeper. i remember he was astounding in the WC.

It takes a decade to play like Barcelona or Ajax, because at both clubs all the youth teams already play the system the first team plays. I witnessed that since my son had the pleasure to be invited for an Ajax football camp. I watched his team play the last week and they effectively played football like Ajax and Barcelona's first team...emulating this in one season is pure madness.
I know but i think this is wat roma are looking to do.

I agree with rFu and see optimism around Roma. I think the enthusiasm will really left them. I think Lazio made some good signings too though, Cana will be awesome, and Cisse has been scoring for fun in friendlies. I think Reja should make peace with Zarate though ... the kid has talent and it's a waste to let him go so easily.
can someone give me the down low on Cana? i keep hearing he's an incredible player but only flopped in turkey because he wasn't motivated enough. is he good enough for a top tier club? About Zarate, he isn't a team player and doesn't contribute like he should. if someone comes in with 20m, lazio would be stupid to say no. Can't believe they got klose and Cisse when they could've kept hold of Floccari and brought in Caracciolo as a back up. Klose goal scoring record alone in the last 2 seasons disqualifies him from playing for any team looking for a top 5 finish ;)

Last edited:

Stekelenburg played a good WC, but so did Portugal's GK...if i remember well he was not the biggest success at Genoa...

I watch Dutch football every week, believe me, Stekelenburg is a pretty average GK.

About Roma, i think it's good that they want to do this. I just hope the owners have enough patience.

Anyone watch the Italy-Spain friendly? Didn't expect it to be this exciting. Gotta say Prandelli is living up to the hype. Cassani or Abate could be better in Maggio's place but all the others players looked in awesome shape. Can't believe Milan let this Pirlo go. :(

And your prediction was right Ben. Bovo is going to be sold to Fiorentina for 3.5mill.

Anyone watch the Italy-Spain friendly? Didn't expect it to be this exciting. Gotta say Prandelli is living up to the hype.
Dont do it. Dont. Remember Argentina a few months back? This was merely a friendly. Lets not get too carried away. Can't believe I missed the game though. Darn.

Can anyone shed some light on the stadium-ownership situation in Italy? Is Jugay the only serie a team that owns its own stadium? I hear Morrati went about building a stadium a few years back too much bureaucracy and red tape. All this wen Moratti's sister-in-law was Milan Mayor :SHOCK:

Cana is a fantastic player and he's succeeded and even became captain everywhere he's been except this most recent short move to Turkey.

Yes, he can definitely play for a top club and is great at handling pressure. He played for and captained both rivals (PSG) and OM after all and the pressure for a footballer doesn't get much higher than playing in Marseille and its enormous passionate fanbase.

He walked in the Sunderland side and instantly in his 1st season became captain there too.

In other news Palermo get Silvestre! So Bovo is getting sold?! :(
And im surprised Catania would sell star defender to Palermo of all teams!!

Dont do it. Dont. Remember Argentina a few months back? This was merely a friendly. Lets not get too carried away. Can't believe I missed the game though. Darn.

Well at least the team is much more enjoyable to watch. Let's give him that for now but you got to be blind if you don't see an improvement. Cassano,Aquilani,and Rossi are a breath of fresh air compared to Pepe,Iaquinta,and Gattuso of 2010.

Too bad you missed it. The game got me hooked for 90 minutes. Usually don't care for friendlies.

Last edited:

Montolivo was a beast in that friendly. Probably the first time I've seen him show his true potential at international level.

you guys are looking at it all wrong. this is not about making Roma competitive. This is about building a new and improved Roma, something that will bear fruit 3-5 years from now. Barcelona is the direction football is going and what better way to emulate Barca than to bring in their youth coach.
i understand this is supposed to be a long term project mate. infact i'm no judjing them yet. i'm not saying i'm disappointed in what they've done so far, nor i am saying this project will turn out to be a failure.
all i am saying is that from the moves they've done so far (and please take note the "so far" part is bolded):
- menez, vucinic and mexes out
- lamela, bojan and heinze in
- a newbie coach we know nothing about....
i can't honestly say i'm excited and filled with enthusiasm about the way this project is starting of.

mind u though, they have also done some good things. sabatini is a great choice for the team director position (if u're trying to build a young talented squad, it's hard to find a better man than him for the job). and also bringing baldini back was a great move by the americans. baldini is a huge talent and was wasting his skills in england, in a job position that couldn't put his abilities to good use.

but what really turns me off are theese "now let's do it blaugrana style!" claims. i sincerely hope it was the media who came up with this bullshits, because if luis enrique really thinks it's possible for him to emulate the way another team plays (wheter it's barcelona or hull city), then we should really question his understanding of the game.

the way each and every team plays football depends by so many different factors and variables that it's impossible to replicate. it's not just the quality of the players or the coaching guide or the tactics (theese are the most obvious and controllable factors). there are also some other factors wich are completely out of control; the chemistry between the players, their understanding of each others, the harmony in the dressing room, the hunger\motivation of the whole environment, the relationship between the players and the coach, between the players and the rest of the coaching staff, between the players and the board.

palermo offers a great example. just watch a palermo match from last november.... then watch a jannuary game. it's like watching 2 completely different teams. yet there wasn't any apparent change. the players were the same, the coaching staff was the same, the tactics were the same. so what caused such a football change?
zamparini's vitriolic criticisms, during xmas completely destroyed the poise inside the dressing room. and that was it. it only took a few words from the club owner to destroy what rossi achieved with months of hard work..

what i'm trying to say here is that there are so many details and small variables involved in the way a teams play football, that it's impossible to replicate the same situation.
not even the same coach could do that. infact no coach playes the same football wherever he goes. spalletti's football is very entertaining, but that's just a vague indication; infact the actual football his teams play is always different. both his udinese and his roma were great teams, both teams played some great football, but roma's great football and udinese's great football were completely different. the same goes for rossi. he had all his teams playing some breathtaking football (lecce, lazio, palermo)..... but all theese teams played in a very different way. also ancelotti's chelsea and ancelotti's milan were very different from each others (even though they were both great team and has some basic concepts in common).
not even guardiola could be able to replicate this beautiful barçelona experiment in some other club... because the situation would be different.....so how could luis enrique possibly achieve such result? because he's from barçelona? yeah right.
i'm telling u, u could import to roma guardiola, his entire coaching staff and half the starting formation of the blaugranas, and u still wouldn't be able to see the same football.
not even barçelona will be able to repeat itself, once this amazing cycle will be over.

so bottom line, pretending to import barçelona's football to roma, just because roma signed luis enrique and bojan is just lame and amateurish.
the only things u can import from some other coaching experience are tactics. and speaking of tactics, barçelona hasn't really invented anything new. this blaugrana team just play some fantastic and effective football, but they haven't brought some tactical revolution, so simply displaying their formation and adopting their tactics wouldn't actually bring u anywhere near their football.
rfu said:
u're right, it would be unappropriate to get carried away only because we did very well on pretty much every occasion ever since prandelli took over. we did very well against spain and germany, but doesn't necessarily mean the italy shirt will have a 5th star anytime soon. u can display some amazing football for 2 years, then when it comes the time to "put up" (the world cup), u might get 2 key players injured, other 2 players in poor form, and u can kiss your expectations goodbye. national football lives on the moment afterall.

but, having said that, it would also be unappropriate to ignore the AMAZING job prandelli has done in just 1 year. just one year ago this team couldn't beat new zealand! as a matter of fact we weren't able to string 3 passes in a row. there was no drive, no enthusiasm, no hunger at all. now the players get pissed off when they miss an italy game. u can actually feel their enthusiasm and their joy to play together.
and it's not just the players who look forward to international breaks... even the fans enjoy watching this team playing now. prandelli had this team playing some quite entertaining football, so an italy game is now something to look forward to.... and not only for an italy fan, also for a neutral fan who is just looking for some nice football...... and that is something new for italy!

so sure, let's not get carried away.... but let's enjoy this moment and appreciate the football we're playing right now, because truth to be told, there aren't many national teams out there wich are playing as good as we're doing right now.

i'm a huge fan of prandelli (who could possibly not be a fan of his afterall?), but i didn't expect him to do his magic so quickly.... actually i didn't expect him to do any magic at all, as he's one of those coaches who needs the daily contact with the players, in order to pull the best out of them and national team coaching doesn't allow that.
well i'm glad i was proved wrong..... as usual :P

Yo Ben you keeping an eye on Ranocchia this preseason?? Just godawful, a walking time bomb, can't go one game without gifting the opposition a goal. So catastrophic. 15m for this guy, who would've believed it.

Which reminds me, Inter have got to sort out our business relations with with Genoa. They're raping us with these deals (see the "half of Kucka for 8m Euros" deal) meanwhile they're giving Milan giveaway prices. I'm currently discussing this other inter fans on the forums. IMO Inter management are fucking up one mercato at a time. By the way, is anyone follow the soon to be instituted FFP regulations? It's almost as if they were written specifically for Inter and not in a good way.

Oh, Speaking of fuck ups, you watch Kjaer lately? Wow! And now Roma want him?!? There goes that experiment :LOL:

Oi Ben, any chance you could shed some light the stadium situation in Milan? Why is inter not allowed to build a new stadium?

but inter ARE allowed to build a new stadium... at least in theory (just like any other italian club).
the thing is building a new stadium requires (apart from the money) a huge load of permits and authorizations and city council resolutions...... it's really a long and exhausting procedure. of course that might be said about every country, but building a stadium in italy is even more complicated, as the bureaucracy is a killing machine here. also keep in mind that italy is basically a huge museum in open air, and that raises a whole additional set of problems and difficulties, when it comes to authorizations.
right now the only serie a club wich owns its stadium is juve (their new stadium will be inaugurated in a few weeks). then there are a lot of other clubs which are trying to build a new stadium (palermo, fiorentina, napoli, udinese, and probably some other clubs i don't remember right now).

as for ranocchia, no, i haven't watched any inter preseason game so i can't comment on that. i only saw ranocchia in the italy spain game, and he was very impressive that night.
anyway, like i already told u, just give the kid some time... summer friendly are there precisely to help the players get in a good shape and no italian player performs well until late september usually.... afterall it's called "preseason" for a reason. i'm confident ranocchia will turn out to be well worth his pricetag. besides, like i already told u months ago, i think andrea has already done very well in his first season with inter (but i guess u don't agree with m on that) :))
----------------------------------------------------------

speaking of roma i don't see kjaer as a bad idea. i know he's been awful in bundi last season, but after seeing what simon is capable of for 2 years, it's gonna take a lot more than 1 bad season to make me change my mind about him.

apart from that roma are really a mess right now. it would be unfair to blame them for mexes, menez, and vucinic's departures, as the players wanted to leave..... but the borriello move is just insane. he didn't wanna leave and he's basically being forced to pack and go. what person in his right mind would swap borriello with osvaldo?!

and what the hell was luis enrique was trying to prove with that slovan line up? okaka and caprari upfront? with totti and borriello fit!!! wtf, is he just trying to piss the whole roma environment off or what? what sort of idiot would line up 2 kids from the youth team in such an important away match, when the 2 starters were fit and ready to play! i'm starting to believe roma will have a new coach VERY soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------

as for palermo, we might have a new president very soon. the fracture between zamparini and the fans is now beyond fixing. the seasonal ticket campaign this summer has been a total disaster (8.000 seasonal tickets sold... palermo's worst result ever since we're in serie a). as i wrote here a few months ago, this season palermo stadium is gonna be pretty much empty.
that major cunt who goes by the name of maurizio zamparini had to face the fact that people in palermo just don't want him anymore. asked from a jouralist about the reason of this sudden hate of the fans towards him, he first he blamed pretty much everyone but himself (rossi, the team director, his staff, the fans themselves!); then, after the booes against him last week (during a friendly vs fenerbache), he had to face the situation and said he will be looking for a new president to take his place. mind u, new president doesn't mean "new owner".
it's still early to say palermo finally got rid of this sorry excuse of a man... but it's a first step in that direction!

oh, and meanwhile the squad has been completely torn apart. pastore, sirigu, bovo and cassani are already gone, nocerino refused to renew his contract (wich expires nest summer, so we already know he won't stay here in palermo), hernandez might leave as well and the atmosphere in the dressing room couldn't be worse.
this is gonna be a very sad season... but then again we already knew that since the late months of last season.

Last edited:

Yeah this season doesn't look so good for Palermo.

I would be so happy if Zamparini left. He's entertained us neutrals for years with his controversial idiotic comments to the media but now he's just getting predictable and boring! He needs to leave.

Cassani to Fiorentina, Bovo to Genoa! Damn!

How much $$$ for Cassani?

fiorentina signed cassani for 5 millions euros... unbelievable. and the bovo deal is even more ridiculous. it's a loan with a 4 millions euros buy-back clause.... that's just liverpool-esque..... but while liverpool can afford to be stupid on the market, we don't have any money to waste like that.
and mind u, none of them were pushing to be sold. it was zamparini who was desperately trying to sell them (why?)... zamparini first offered cassani to lazio, but reja knew he could get konko for less money so the deal went south. at this point corvino realised there was a chance to get the starting rb for italy on the cheap and sealed the deal (u wouldn't expect anything less from that old fox). cassani said he "had" to leave.
and bovo was even more specific. after being offered to fiorentina, he realised he was now on the market aswell,so he told zamparini "if u don't want me here ok, but I decide where to go". so he found an agreement with his former club genoa.
and as soon as he reached genoa, during his first press conference, bovo publicly attacked zamparini, saying that he was basically forced to leave palermo.
i'm so going to enjoy all the shit zamparini is gonna get from the palermitani this season. God am i going to enjoy that!
---------------------------------------------------------

on a different note, yesterday luis enrique managed to get roma out of europa league..... he's already being booed by roma fans. well done luis :FAIL: i'm giving this guy 2 months (tops).
and u know what's the funniest thing? that roma did everything to please him. i mean they signed all the players he asked for... no matter how ridiculously stupid the deals were, sabatini just gave luis enrique what he wanted... jose angel for 4.5 millions? yeah sure, why not (let me remind u that cassani moved to fiore for only 500k more than that). osvaldo for 15 millions? well if this is what u really want, then ok...
u wanna get bojan even if barça are proposing the stupidest deal in history? ok, here u go.

this newbie, this idiot with a temper (mourinho is a humble and down to earth man compared to him) with no experience at all, got the one of the most prestigious clubs u can get in europe... and they're providing him whatever player he asks....... while a coach of gasperini's class and stature is being given nothing from inter. despite the fact that this inter team cannot play his football, inter's management are doing nothing to provide him the players he needs...... and now that they're loosing eto'ò, they even wanna replace him with forlan?!?!?!? :FAIL: do theese people have any idea of what they're doing?
----------------------------------------------------------------

speaking of smart management instead, congrats to galliani for the aquilani deal.... if those figures i'm hearing on the news are correct, that's one hell of a bargain.... and i'm not just talking about the pricetag... the player's wage aswell is extremely convenient.
now it'll be very interesting to see what role alberto will be given. will he play as a regista, like pirlo? or will he play as a mezz'ala, as allegri said? i hope we'll finally get a chance to see aquilani playing in his proper role, so i hope allegri is serious about alberto's position.

Last edited:

Great transfer campaign by Milan Ben. Mexes for £0, Taiwo for £0, El Shaawary, Paloschi, Ely Rodrigo (all young guys), Merkel on loan to Genoa (great experience for the kid), Strasser to Lecce (great experience) and now Aquilani for £6m.

We also have a super-motivated Cassano who's looking serious.

I'm a bit worried by our cugini - Forlan is 33 and is great, but how can he lead Inter's attack for long? If Sneijder goes, then I will completely write Inter off. Juve on the other hand have some decent new players, but I'm unsure about Conte. Lazio and Fiorentina seem pretty balanced and convincing, and if Lotito can cash in on Zarate, that will be a huge plus. By the way, Udinese signed Gabriel Torje who's meant to be great!

Pretty disappointed about the Serie A strike. My whole weekend was prepared for it - it's a long weekend in the UK, and now it will actually feel long. Very very sad and disappointed.

Last edited:

describing milan's transfer campaign as "great" is an understatement, stef. "great" is when u get all the players u needed for a fair price. but when u consider the players milan signed this summer and the money they spent, they were absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! hats off to galliani, braida and co. :WORSHIP:

about the serie a plaers\clubs drama, yeah this story is becoming quite appalling. however there's something i don't quite understand; from what i heard the kickoff delay is due to the lega calcio decision, and not to the players associaction.... but if that's the case, why is everybody talking about a "strike"? this sounds more like a lockout.

Only thing we need to work on now is some 'grinta', or what I'd like to call it, 'palle'. Sure, we have bad boys like Ibra, but I feel the players should be encouraged to just play to their skills and to be calm. I think that's one of the big advantages in Germany and England - there is always a sense of confidence in the way teams play (tactically, it's a different story), but it really helps. The Milan of 04-08 was god-like in Europe and in home games - we were mentally above everyone in the world. Now, we seem vulnerable sometimes.

We have the right tactics and the right players, we just need to be a bit more aggressive - a la Inter 2009

what a start of serie b ,

I really enjoying watching it (maybe even more than serie a matchs) ,

speed football and quality ,

last night match was class , for see match in serie a like this need to wait a derby inter - milan maybe

it seems other world serie a to serie b , italian football always defender slowly and many times boring , but in serie b its more kind of english football , atack in one goal speed atack in other goal , really amazing and seems this year will be even more great with many quality teams there , im looking forward for serie b :P

Only thing we need to work on now is some 'grinta', or what I'd like to call it, 'palle'. Sure, we have bad boys like Ibra, but I feel the players should be encouraged to just play to their skills and to be calm. I think that's one of the big advantages in Germany and England - there is always a sense of confidence in the way teams play (tactically, it's a different story), but it really helps. The Milan of 04-08 was god-like in Europe and in home games - we were mentally above everyone in the world. Now, we seem vulnerable sometimes.

We have the right tactics and the right players, we just need to be a bit more aggressive - a la Inter 2009
yep. i completely understand what u mean here. actually this seems to be a bit of an "italian problem" in general. and it seems to be even more of an issue for italian midclass clubs. over the last 10 years serie a midclass club's confidence grew hugely. wheter it's udinese or palermo or fiorentina or napoli or lazio or genoa... whenever they go up against a serie a giant (like inter or milan) u never see them having a scared approach on the field. even if they play against a top italian team on an away match (say, against milan in san siro), u always see them being bold and playing their own game, with no fears or worries whatsoever....
but when it comes to european clashes (even if they're actually facing a lesser team) italian midclass clubs look always worried on the pitch...even if they might have the better players, the better coach, u can clearely spot a serious lack of confidence in the way they gather themselves (as if they felt they were not good enough for the task). and this sort of syndrome becomes even more evident when u compare our midclass teams with spanish, english or german midclass teams.
i don't quite understand why this happens... but it does. and it obviously effects the performances.... hugely.

however, speaking about milan, i believe that the scudetto the rossoneri won last season gave them some sort of awareness of their actual strenght (if not confidence).

Last edited:

I hope you're right. The Super Cup 2nd half was a whole different Milan with balls, anger and a hunger to beat Inter and win. Allegri said his half time comment was simply "What are you doing? We're champions of Italy, so show it."

Back
Top Bottom