Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

Add to that weird news that Milan might offer Cassano+cash for Pazzini. If so, Milan are in suicide mode. That leaves Montolivo as our only creative player.

Heard it was Cassano that actually asked to leave Milan.

Better than them watching from the stands!

Milan sign Ze Eduardo!! :DOH: Seriously, why do Milan sign these players? Mesbah joined in January and we are forcing him away now. Same with Didac, Taiwo, Mexes, and this will probably be the case with Traore and the other mediocre players Milan signed.

This is as bad a market as they can make. Selling every big player in the squad and getting below average squad players to replace them. And we are relying on De Sciglio to cover both flanks.

And to make things worse, our supposed to be savior Pato is out for a while again.

Last edited:

I think we will look at those as the good old days! :LOL:

Anyway, Llorente left out of Bilbao's Europa squad so might be very close to Juventus.

I don't know much about Fernando Llorente, I youtube'd him and found some decent videos, can anyone tell me more about him?

We Man Utd fans know him pretty well after last season. :P

He'll be an excellent signing, if it happens.

Zé Love turning down Milan is pretty hilarious! :LOL: I'm sorry but you're better off without him, guy is terrible, easily the worst Santos player in their Libertadores campaign last season.

When will Cassano grow up? He said he was seeing life in a new perspective after his health problems and then he does one of the most disrespectful pressers I have ever seen. That for the team that took him when he was at a low out of shape moment in his career and made him win the Scudetto. This Milan management is at its all time low making the stupidest choices ever but keep it to yourself.

Here it is in case you missed it:
"Thanks to the Inter management that made so many signings. Nobody gives them credit because the Inter management doesn't lick a****"

"I thank everybody at Milan, but not THAT (Galliani) guy that was just promising. Just smoke, he was selling just smoke"

"THAT guy (Galliani) just talked and talked. Only words, because he is only friends with people who lick his a**"

"That person did everything wrong, I don't even want to mention him. He thinks he is smart".

Questions to Cassano: "You said over Milan there was only sky". Cassano: "Exactly. Over the sky there is Inter"

"I thank fans. I thank Silvio and Barbara Berlusconi. I thank doctors. I thank Tassotti, the only one of coaches who talked with me"

"For Allegri, I counted nothing. Didn't expect to be special, but for him I was the 5th, the 6th or the 7th pick"

"I didn't do anything wrong at Milan,neither other players,but it's easy to point at someone and say it was his fault, like Pontius Pilate"

Anyway, Fiorentina with a very classy display today. Deserved their win. Could use the Berbatov signing to make them complete.

Last edited:

Just back from a holiday in France and watched the first two matches of PSG (not the one today). You know who was their best player by a mile (as a substitute)? Verrati.

Great player, fantastic...

Great performance from Inter yesterday. Ranocchia was simply immense! Gargano is also such a beast in midfield for someone so short, didn't expect him to be this good. Cassano played well too and got an assist already.

Real test next week against the Zemanlandia :D

BTW check out Roma's goals, Osvaldo scored a great overhead kick.

#1 juventus (they lack a lethal striker though)
#2 -------
#3 inter (again problems with upfront, that trio can cave the day but certainly not the future)
#4 napoli
#5 roma, fiorentina, milan, lazio, udinese

Always hated Cassano. :RANT:

Who is best squad in Serie A at the moment in you guys opinion?

GENOA CFC!

My opinion isn't so valid because I don't follow Italian football closely, Inter Milan has the best squad imo, but both Roma and Juventus are not far behind.

But position by position is the best way to judge these things, someone want todo the honours?;)

Really sad for Udinese. Guidolin was very upset yesterday and said some harsh words towards himself.

“I am immensely sorry for me, for the players and for the fans. Evidently I am not capable of leading a team into the Champions League. When you get so close several times and can’t go through, you have to learn from that experience and accept the truth.”

Wow! Last year, it was preseason form Udinese against an in form Arsenal and now it was after a very hard market for Udinese. Udinese should have done better this year but you can't blame Guidolin a lot.

This ranking thing is a mess. Soon France and Portugal will have more CL places than Italy because they only performed better in the EL. It's basically rewarding the leagues that have a big gap between the teams as then the smaller teams set the EL as a priority.

Last edited:

Real sad for Udinese. Guidolin was very upset yesterday and said some harsh words towards himself.

“I am immensely sorry for me, for the players and for the fans. Evidently I am not capable of leading a team into the Champions League. When you get so close several times and can’t go through, you have to learn from that experience and accept the truth.”

Wow! Last year, it was preseason form Udinese against an in form Arsenal and now it was after a very hard market for Udinese. Udinese should have done better this year but you can't blame Guidolin a lot.

This ranking thing is a mess. Soon France and Portugal will have more CL places than Italy because they only performed better in the EL. It's basically rewarding the leagues that have a big gap between the teams as they then set the EL as a priority.

While i sympathize a lot with Udinese and Guidolin, i don't agree with the end of your post zeem. Do you think that Italian clubs have a divine right to 4 CL places? I don't think so.
The Italian clubs know the rules like all the other clubs in Europe: you also have to perform in the EL to have more CL places. All in all this isn't the most unjust rule concerning the CL (IMO all champions should have immediate acces no matter if they are champion of Luxemburg, Belgium or Andorra) and besides that they bloody well know that by performing in the EL they can help themselves in the long term. So Italian teams kno what to do: at long last take the EL a litle bit serious. The fact that they don't does not reflect very well on their image either (and i know that it's a cultural thing that is very typic for Italian clubs).

At the root of all this of course is the devaluation of the UEFA Cup or the EL. At the time when only champions could participate in ECI, the UEFA Cup was arguably the best European Cup of them all.

Is there a solution? Yes, maybe.

Why not only one EC? Perhaps one with much more participating teams (but without group stages, immediate qualification after two legs, get rid of the the away goals rule and if there is egality of points the club with the lowest budget qualifies).

All this disregard for the EL could be interpreted as a very insular mentality (wich used to exist in cyclism too ) and is not good for Italian football IMO.

As Ben said some months ago, it's just not worth it for the small clubs physically to travel on Thursdays and risk fatigue and injuries for such small revenue. Why should they fight in the EL to secure CL places that in the end will be taken along with their big revenues by the big clubs like Milan and Inter. Might as well fight the in the league where they have a very good chance. Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, and Lazio can well finish in the top 3 this season ahead of Milan or Inter. There is not that big of a gap anymore.

It's an Italian mentality yeah, but a lot of things go with it like the number of teams in the league, stadiums,... It's a long process. Now that some top Italian clubs are in the EL, you'd expect them to do better.

Very sad for Guidolin. Really showed his true colours in that post-match interview, which I really respect. He's one of the few managers that admits his faults and really showed how committed he is to his responsibilities. I hope one day he will get his CL group stage, he really deserves it for what he's done..... he once had these guys on his team but still delivered:

Asamoah
Isla
Handanovic
Zapata
Inler
Sanchez
Floro Flores
Candreva
Cuadrado

yeah, guidolin is a class act and i admire the fact he's taking the blame, but this really has nothing to do with him. truth is italian clubs cannot compete in august, as our league kicks off later than most other european leagues and our coaches' athletic preparation is historically conceived to bring the players in form by october.
anyway i take this as a good news. udinese doesn't have the depth to compete in both the league and CL. had they made it to the group stage, we would have witnessed some poorer football from udinese this season (in both competitions). now instead guidolin will have the chance to pull the best out of his team.
this league is getting weaker every year, so i think it's important to preserve whatever quality we may still display.... and if CL is the price to pay for it, so be it.
Gerd said:
Just back from a holiday in France and watched the first two matches of PSG (not the one today). You know who was their best player by a mile (as a substitute)? Verrati.

Great player, fantastic...
it was stupid of him to join psg. he should have stayed in pescara at least 1 more season or joined a serie a midclass club, where he would have been guarranteed a starting spot. let's hope this mistake won't have an impact on his growth.

on a different note, i am absolutely shocked at the appeal verdict on conte. that was an absolutely outrageous ruling and, like matt said, it really goes to show what a pathetic joke sport trials are. absolutely unbelievable. i'm not a juve fan, i don't even like conte (as a man... i love the coach), but this is just disgusting.
there were only 2 reasons to follow serie a this season: conte's juve and zeman's roma. now we won't see conte's juve and we'll have to wait until (at least) november to see glimpses of zeman's football (and to be honest, based on roma's transfer campaign, i'm not even sure we're gonna see zeman's football by then, as this roma team, talented as it may be, doesn't seem to be really suited for zemans' footie).
Gerd said:
All this disregard for the EL could be interpreted as a very insular mentality and is not good for Italian football IMO.
i perfectly understand what u mean by "insular mentality", but trust me, this is not the case. the truth is simple; europa league doesn't generate enough profits (nor it guarrentees enough mediatic exposure) to justify the financial effort required to honor it.
it's UEFA the one which disrespects europa league. we just acknowledge this situation and act accordingly. ;)

Last edited:

Why are we signing Bendtner? I thought we needed a world class striker who SCORES.. Llorente was perfect (although too expensive), and now we're aiming at a player who can't even make Arsenal's first time. I would rather put more faith in our current strike force than trusting Bendtner to lead the attack.

*saying all this, Bendtner will probably have a fantastic season.

I imagine he'll just be a temporary replacement for Llorente, who you'll probably go after in January or next summer.

And it was hardly a ringing endorsement of Bendtner’s quality when the Juve sporting director said of their decision to bring him in, “Bendtner is not the high-profile striker we were hoping to sign but it’s a chance we had to take in a difficult market like this.”

:LOL:

:LOL:
to be fair though, that's just what it is. bendtner is only there to give juve some depth and options, but he will hardly be a starter.

cavani and van persie would have been perfect signings for juve, as they can play matri's game, but they also score more than matri. llorente wouldn't have suited juventus football, as he can't play matri's game, but at least he would have provided more goals then matri.
bendtner can't play matri's football, and, according to his track record, he also isn't more of a scoring threat than matri.

however he came on a loan, so it's a good temporary solution to offer some depth for little money (as abou said).

Man so Pazzini NOW decide to start scoring goals?!!

Inter v Roma tonight anyone watching??

Back
Top Bottom